North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Texas Winter Classic - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Texas Winter Classic

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Texas Winter Classic - Page 3 Empty Re: Texas Winter Classic

Post by Guest 23/01/12, 10:28 am

soccernovice40 wrote:
passthedarnball wrote:
soccernovice40 wrote:
passthedarnball wrote:AYSES should refund everyones entry, pay for TSC travel costs, and give all teams except Solar Gio paid entry into another tournament of their choice. They should also come on this forum and apologize to all of the 02 teams.

SOLAR Gio should send a very nice Edible Arrangement to the AYSES TD.

I have seen some dumb things happen in tournaments. But this one takes the cake.

This is the most ridiculous and asinine post. You act as though Solar Gio personally set this bracket up. They had no say in what happened...do you think they should have said, No..sorry, we will go home because the Hurricanes beat us and they should go to the semi's, not us.

It was an unfortunate bracket set up but hey, this isn't the first tournament to not be seeded properly. Sounds like you have a personal agenda here.

At least the 1st place trophy stayed in NTX.

I am sorry you feel that way. But the reality is Solar Gio didn't deserve to make it to the semis and TSC did, even if you try to use the arguement it is not Gio's fault that the tournament was set up the way it was. The truth is TSC hammered Solar Gio 4 to 0, went 3 and 0 in pool play, didn't give up a single goal, had the 2nd most points, scored more goals than most and they still went home without getting a chance to win a tournament they certainly could have won. You and OOrah are way off base and need to rethink your logic. AYSES doesn't actually need to send out an Edible Aarangement, but they should certainly issue a refund to TSC, in good will, and apologize to everyone else.

Logic should have been 3 brackets of 4 with a wild card or if they had to do it the way they did, then the 4 teams that went to the semi's should have been the four teams with the most points or best win/loss record. If they do it that way TSC is in and Gio is out. And listen, this is not a rag on Gio. I don't know them and I have never seen them play. This is more of a rant to support TSC because they got screwed and you can't disagree with that.

Congrats to Gio. I think they won their last 3 games and that is a great run. I am sure they played great and capitalized on the situation.

If no one complained about the ridiculousness of this tournament, then it very well could happen again and that Soccernovice would be asinine.

You should ABSOLUTELY complain about this tournament...just don't call out a team like that. Focus on who's responsible for those stupid brackets.

Anyway, hope this thread is brought up next year when this tournament comes around again! Peace out Wink

You have to call out the team that got reemed and the team that was gifted, or the arguement doesn't make as much sense.

And as far as this adapt and overcome BS goes. As far as I am concerned, a team that goes 3 and 0 and doesn't give up a goal has adapted and overcome. They played better than other teams that made it to the semis. What else did they need to do? They didn't lose a game and teams that did lose, moved on. The only way your adapt and overcome nonsense works is if all four teams in the semis were 3 and 0. Then you could be ticky tack and say they should have scored more or given up less. To say that they didn't adapt and overcome stupuidity on the TDs part is down right disgraceful and condescending to the effort TSC put in this past weekend.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerinsane 23/01/12, 11:21 am

Just speaking for myself, to clarify--I only mean adjust to the field size. You obviously can't adjust to the tournament bracketing--you get what you get and don't (or do) throw a fit! And then don't play that tournament again.
soccerinsane
soccerinsane
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerBAsoccer 24/01/12, 08:00 pm

I know the tournament director knew the possibility of 2 brackets having an 0-3 team advance could happen. I know because I read an email that stated it. That was on the Wednesday before the tournament started. I also know the best team in the tournament went home 3-0 and didn't allow a goal all weekend. There was plenty of time to make the brackets right, someone was just to lazy to do it. But, it is what it is.....

soccerBAsoccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sole roll 25/01/12, 12:44 am

soccerBAsoccer wrote:I know the tournament director knew the possibility of 2 brackets having an 0-3 team advance could happen. I know because I read an email that stated it. That was on the Wednesday before the tournament started. I also know the best team in the tournament went home 3-0 and didn't allow a goal all weekend. There was plenty of time to make the brackets right, someone was just to lazy to do it. But, it is what it is.....
Was there a team that was 0-3 that advanced? What about blitz navy? Didn't they play the same teams as the hurricanes, but show more consistency over 3 games to advance?

Sole roll
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TxTiger 27/01/12, 08:40 pm

Sole roll wrote:
soccerBAsoccer wrote:I know the tournament director knew the possibility of 2 brackets having an 0-3 team advance could happen. I know because I read an email that stated it. That was on the Wednesday before the tournament started. I also know the best team in the tournament went home 3-0 and didn't allow a goal all weekend. There was plenty of time to make the brackets right, someone was just to lazy to do it. But, it is what it is.....
Was there a team that was 0-3 that advanced? What about blitz navy? Didn't they play the same teams as the hurricanes, but show more consistency over 3 games to advance?

BA soccer didn't say an 0-3 team did advance, just that one could. In fact, a 1-2 team did advance.

Blitz Navy did play the same opponents as TSC. However, I don't know about more consistent: same record, same goal differential, 1 more goal scored, 1 more goal allowed. I'm sure this same thread would exist if it had been Blitz Navy that got screwed.

I'm also sure TSC would have liked the opportunity to decide the group head to head with Blitz Navy.

TxTiger
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3