North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Lake Highland's finest Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Lake Highland's finest

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Lake Highland's finest Empty Lake Highland's finest

Post by Shotshagger 03/03/12, 11:40 am

If the LH front office has the administrational capacity to manage a lemonade stand, you'd think they could do better than the addled geriatric center referee who bottomed out his career in our 8 am match today. The ECNL is suddenly making a lot more sense.
Shotshagger
Shotshagger
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Lake Highland's finest Empty Re: Lake Highland's finest

Post by It Is No Longer Me 03/03/12, 11:43 am

Shotshagger wrote:If the LH front office has the administrational capacity to manage a lemonade stand, you'd think they could do better than the addled geriatric center referee who bottomed out his career in our 8 am match today. The ECNL is suddenly making a lot more sense.

Which fields? Moss Park? We experienced the worst ref I have ever seen at our 9:45 game....perhaps the same guy.
It Is No Longer Me
It Is No Longer Me
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotshagger 03/03/12, 11:49 am

It's possible, if he moved much faster between matches than he did during ours. We were at UTD, field 3.
Shotshagger
Shotshagger
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by It Is No Longer Me 03/03/12, 11:53 am

A different incompetent boob, it would seem.
It Is No Longer Me
It Is No Longer Me
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotshagger 03/03/12, 12:09 pm

Almost seems like too big of a coincidence. This guy starting hearing voices (perhaps of that of the Führer), turned around, and tossed a dad that wasn't saying anything. Can you top that?
Shotshagger
Shotshagger
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed 03/03/12, 12:45 pm

Shotshagger wrote:Almost seems like too big of a coincidence. This guy starting hearing voices (perhaps of that of the Führer), turned around, and tossed a dad that wasn't saying anything. Can you top that?

I was on field two and can tell you the dad that got tossed was yelling at the ref the whole game. Not sure if he said anything at the time he got tossed, but he should have been tossed long before he did. There was another dad for the same team that could have easily been tossed too.
Yeah, the ref did not appear to be that great from what little I saw, but I heard plenty from those two guys that I would have tossed them both.

Ed
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotshagger 03/03/12, 12:58 pm

Unfortunately, the only person who needed to leave happened to be the center.

Sounds like Mr. Ed would be all for FIFA and, what the heck, Sharia law, taking precedence. Me, I like the 1st Amendment, and I'll offer all the dissent I like.
Shotshagger
Shotshagger
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed 03/03/12, 02:32 pm

Shotshagger wrote:Unfortunately, the only person who needed to leave happened to be the center.

Sounds like Mr. Ed would be all for FIFA and, what the heck, Sharia law, taking precedence. Me, I like the 1st Amendment, and I'll offer all the dissent I like.

Hey, normally I don't even pay attention to any games on nearby fields when my DD is playing, but a couple of men on field 3 were so loud they drew my attention. I watched a few minutes and they calls they were complaining about were actually good calls. Did not see what happened with the goalkeeper, but hope she is alright.

Ed
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 03/03/12, 02:40 pm

Shotshagger wrote:Almost seems like too big of a coincidence. This guy starting hearing voices (perhaps of that of the Führer), turned around, and tossed a dad that wasn't saying anything. Can you top that?

Sorry to disagree, but I walked over from field 5 after the keeper went down and there was a lot of noise, and that parent was, indeed, saying a lot. He wasn't the only one doing the talking, there were others on the same sideline making a fair amount of noise. One person yelled at the parent that was ejected "Don't worry, I'll take your place".

I didn't watch but a small part of the game, so I have no idea how good or bad the ref was, but to say the ref "tossed a dad that wasn't saying anything", is just not correct.
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotshagger 03/03/12, 07:04 pm

Ed wrote:
Shotshagger wrote:Unfortunately, the only person who needed to leave happened to be the center.

Hey, normally I don't even pay attention to any games on nearby fields when my DD is playing, but a couple of men on field 3 were so loud they drew my attention. I watched a few minutes and they calls they were complaining about were actually good calls. Did not see what happened with the goalkeeper, but hope she is alright.

You didn't get to see the unmerited foul awarded that turned into the game-winner, nor our kid given a yellow on a hard foul; the reckless opponent who took out and injuring our goalie wasn't as big of a deal in the center's eyes.

I agree the ref managed a respectable second half, once the pathetic LHGCL chieftains had gathered to see if anyone else would need to be carted away.

Thanks so much for your concern about our goalie. Initial X Rays are negative.
Shotshagger
Shotshagger
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotshagger 03/03/12, 07:11 pm

ballhead wrote:

Sorry to disagree, but I walked over from field 5 after the keeper went down and there was a lot of noise, and that parent was, indeed, saying a lot. He wasn't the only one doing the talking, there were others on the same sideline making a fair amount of noise. One person yelled at the parent that was ejected "Don't worry, I'll take your place".

I didn't watch but a small part of the game, so I have no idea how good or bad the ref was, but to say the ref "tossed a dad that wasn't saying anything", is just not correct.

Actually, it is. He wasn't saying anything when he was tossed. He'd had plenty to say beforehand, and he wasn't alone, but when Father Time turned from facing the other way and began shrieking for him to leave, nobody was saying anything.

It was almost as if the one rule of soccer he understood was continuation, and he'd suddenly decided that was the time to apply it.
Shotshagger
Shotshagger
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 03/03/12, 07:26 pm

Shotshagger wrote:
ballhead wrote:

Actually, it is. He wasn't saying anything when he was tossed. He'd had plenty to say beforehand, and he wasn't alone, but when Father Time turned from facing the other way and began shrieking for him to leave, nobody was saying anything.

It was almost as if the one rule of soccer he understood was continuation, and he'd suddenly decided that was the time to apply it.

If he'd stopped, it was milliseconds before he was ejected, because he was being a jerk and had been for some time. A number of folks wandered over from the adjacent fields to see what the commotion was (myself included) and watched and heard him (and others) doing it and, in my opinion, he deserved to get tossed.

Again, the ref may have been horrible, and having been on the end of some of those games, it'll surely make you mad, but the characterization that this guy got tossed for doing nothing is a little misleading.
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by setplay 03/03/12, 07:41 pm

moss park field 5, worst ref crew ive seen. had 1 of them before and he was an incompetent moron, but these guys together took dumba$$ to a new level. i try to respect the refs because they are there and seem to be trying. this group is doing a diservice to the game by being there.
setplay
setplay
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed 03/03/12, 07:46 pm

ballhead wrote:
Shotshagger wrote:
ballhead wrote:

If he'd stopped, it was milliseconds before he was ejected, because he was being a jerk and had been for some time. A number of folks wandered over from the adjacent fields to see what the commotion was (myself included) and watched and heard him (and others) doing it and, in my opinion, he deserved to get tossed.

Again, the ref may have been horrible, and having been on the end of some of those games, it'll surely make you mad, but the characterization that this guy got tossed for doing nothing is a little misleading.

I agree. I would not have even noticed the game on field 3 except for the loudmouth that got booted and a couple of others.

I also found it laughable that once the ref tossed him one of the mothers was trying to make the case it was our parents up on field 2 that were yelling at the ref. We were fortunate enough to have some of the best refs I've seen all season and there wasn't much for either of our teams to be complaining about.

Ed
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by It Is No Longer Me 03/03/12, 08:03 pm

setplay wrote:moss park field 5, worst ref crew ive seen. had 1 of them before and he was an incompetent moron, but these guys together took dumba$$ to a new level. i try to respect the refs because they are there and seem to be trying. this group is doing a diservice to the game by being there.

I smell what you are stepping in...horrible.
It Is No Longer Me
It Is No Longer Me
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotshagger 03/03/12, 09:00 pm

ballhead wrote:
Shotshagger wrote:
ballhead wrote:

As the blue-highlighted selection says above, I'm not making the case you're pretending to refute. As for the identity of the person who deserved what they got, that would be the center--he really sucked. It would be great for my kid to play in a league that tried to do better than that.
Shotshagger
Shotshagger
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 03/03/12, 09:23 pm

Shotshagger wrote:
ballhead wrote:
Shotshagger wrote:
ballhead wrote:

As the blue-highlighted selection says above, I'm not making the case you're pretending to refute. As for the identity of the person who deserved what they got, that would be the center--he really sucked. It would be great for my kid to play in a league that tried to do better than that.

You may continue to misrepresent the situation if for some reason it makes you feel better. I'm not "pretending to refute" anything, I'm merely stating what I heard and observed. You seem to want to hang your hat on the fact that he may not have said anything at the exact moment of the ejection, as if that makes a big difference, when taking into consideration what his behavior had been for quite a while, leading up to his ejection.

As someone who was there, your opinion about the ref and how poorly he performed would have been much more effective without the inaccurate representation that the individual was tossed for no reason.

As an unbiased spectator, it was very clear why he was tossed, and frankly there could have been others tossed as well.

I'm out of this. I don't have a dog in this hunt, but disagreed with your representation.
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamethrower 04/03/12, 01:06 am

ok, so here is a issue. I usually DO NOT take up for Lake Highlands. I may have to to a extent this time. I am basing this opinion on hte original post saying " Lake highlands finest, now ECNL does not look so bad"

There is a simple issue to discuss here.. If a game in Lake Highlands or a ECNL game is played here, both leagues use the same referee assignor. The referee assignor owns the area.
I do not have a opinion on what happened out at the fields with parents , etc.. These are just the facts when it comes to who referees what.. there is no difference between LH refs and ECNL Refs.

Flamethrower
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 04/03/12, 08:29 am

I'm confused by the logic here. I don't understand how loudly berating a referee during a game is supposed to IMPROVE his/her performance. The guy may not have been very good but how does screaming at someone and distracting them from their assigned role make them better?

bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by angrydog 04/03/12, 10:50 am

bigtex75081 wrote:I'm confused by the logic here. I don't understand how loudly berating a referee during a game is supposed to IMPROVE his/her performance. The guy may not have been very good but how does screaming at someone and distracting them from their assigned role make them better?

Exactly. We need to consider this point with our girls on the field, as well.
angrydog
angrydog
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudder 04/03/12, 11:52 am

It is very easy to come on this board, out of the moment and take the "higher road" of not yelling at the refs. Its a different thing when your daughter is slammed to the ground multiple times without the ref stepping in and controlling the game. It gets really hard when right after your daughter is two arm pushed to the ground from behind, her teammate is called for a shouldercharge as the two came together for a 50/50 ball (don't argue with the second foul, but where the heck was the ref on the first one). I personally think this "soccer is a physical sport" argument is crap and is whats holding our girls back from true development. Call the game very tight at the younger ages and force technical development. After the girls have grown into their bodies, developed their technical skills, and have good coordination, then start teaching them the physical part of the game.

On another note, I got to see both ref crews discussed in this thread yesterday. Though the guy at UTD did miss a few calls, he was no where near as bad as the crew at Moss. I think it is time to for them to hang up their whistles. The center couldn't keep up with the play at all, and him and the linesman got confused (?) on many throw in calls (if there isn't a member of the other team anywhere near the ball as its being kicked out, there's no way it can be off one of them!). And before you jump all over me for a bias, I didn't have a DD in either game. My daughters were playing in the games after these, so I watched while they warmed up.

There are great ref crews out there, I just wish we could see them more often in our games. I know the argument of too many games for too few refs. Since the "why don't you do it then" argument has been very ineffective to date, why don't we start debating the number of games side of the equation. Fewer teams in select, more teams playing in home rec programs. Would really help me out as my DDs would probably both be playing a lot closer to home Smile

Rudder
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RosiePalms 04/03/12, 12:57 pm

SO, call more fouls when the girls have less control of their bodies and have more rec, dad-coached teams/leagues instead of select/club soccer as the girls get older. Great ideas for the improvement of the game!
RosiePalms
RosiePalms
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSoccer 04/03/12, 01:03 pm

team? age group?
DrSoccer
DrSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by inthenet 04/03/12, 04:00 pm

Rudder wrote:It is very easy to come on this board, out of the moment and take the "higher road" of not yelling at the refs. Its a different thing when your daughter is slammed to the ground multiple times without the ref stepping in and controlling the game. It gets really hard when right after your daughter is two arm pushed to the ground from behind, her teammate is called for a shouldercharge as the two came together for a 50/50 ball (don't argue with the second foul, but where the heck was the ref on the first one). I personally think this "soccer is a physical sport" argument is crap and is whats holding our girls back from true development. Call the game very tight at the younger ages and force technical development. After the girls have grown into their bodies, developed their technical skills, and have good coordination, then start teaching them the physical part of the game.

You're right, of course, but after years of doing this, most of us figure out it almost always works against the girls best interests to berate, belittle, and abuse the referee. When it rises above the normal "come on ref", etc., then the spectators become as big (or bigger) a part of the problem as a crappy ref crew.

Even though Shotshagger says the ref deserved everything he got, I don't believe its ever good to rise to the level of abuse that some are reporting here, and that we've all seen at one time or another. Sometimes its almost embarrassing just to watch the individual make such a fool of him/herself.

inthenet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 04/03/12, 06:06 pm

I think we can all agree refs suck donkeys. Do they ref for free? Nope!
As humans I love all refs but when they become distribution agents of injury in soccer they then become muppets.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next