North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

FC D South - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

FC D South

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

FC D South - Page 4 Empty Re: FC D South

Post by Guest 29/06/12, 04:18 pm

stankyfeet wrote:Someone told me they seen George Lopez out there coaching the girls. Can anyone confirm or is it all hype? If he was there I'm sure practice was hilarious! Razz Razz Razz Mad Razz Razz Razz Mad
footage at yesterday practice

Back to top Go down

Post by Grassstain 29/06/12, 04:36 pm

[quote="MP FCdad"][quote="stankyfeet"]Someone told me they seen George Lopez out there coaching the girls. Can anyone confirm or is it all hype? If he was there I'm sure practice was hilarious! :P :P :P :x :P :P :P :x [/quote] footage at yesterday practice <iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qFVyfQ-_TC0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/quote]

This is all I have to say about that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96T53AdH9rw&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Grassstain
Grassstain
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister M. 29/06/12, 05:02 pm

O M G!!! Gaaaaawleeee!!!
Wait... Scratch that ^^^^
Sounded like I am Mas Puto...
lol!
Mister M.
Mister M.
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Whoseurdaddy 29/06/12, 05:14 pm

MrBoomstick wrote:
MP FCdad wrote:
Whoseurdaddy wrote:You sure that wasn't mas puto? lol!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'm not 100% sure what that means but if it's vulgar or profane,,, Then No I didn't hear any type of obscenities being said.

It can't be that bad. I hear it at every Mexico game.

Whoseurdaddy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 29/06/12, 10:58 pm

MrBoomstick wrote:
MP FCdad wrote:
Coach&Ref wrote:There seems to be an incredible amount of drama surrounding this team. That's really a shame. I know AF and don't have a dog in this fight at all. I just wish the best for the team, especially for one girl in particular who I coached for a couple of years before she had to find a new team since I wasn't coaching anymore.

I hope the girls are successful and continue to love the game without any negativity transferring onto them and indirectly affecting them. The goal is for them to stay in the sport and love it for a long time.
Coach, honestly not much drama on this team. Not any more drama than on any other team. We have been quiet on this forum for months until we were attacked by one certain person for posting an OPEN practice. We look at this forum as good fun and recieving important information. We have a great group of children,parents and a coach and will have 16 signing Sunday on July 1st.

I wanted to see what all the hype was about this team so I went to there practice location yesterday and this is what I observed.

1. Several teams practicing in this area with kids of all ages and families everywhere with no sign of drama or danger.

2. The team appeared to have 16-18 girls all in matching practice uniforms, well disciplined and paying attention to the coach instructions.

3. The coach seems very knowledgeable and demanded good work ethic.

4. The parents seem to be very involved with the team, I noticed them having a meeting and even scrimmaging with the girls during practice.

5. All in all the team looked liked a normal big club team getting ready to sign.

Evidently their team mascot is Pluto the dog,, I heard several of the dads tell each other they needed " More Pluto "

The parents were scrimmaging with the girls?
Coach&Ref
Coach&Ref
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 30/06/12, 01:54 am

If I were to just glance at these posts(as I did) I would think a coach was murdered, several parents are swingers, the coach is now Jose Mourinho and celebrities hang out at practice.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by stankyfeet 30/06/12, 12:43 pm

coachr wrote:If I were to just glance at these posts(as I did) I would think a coach was murdered, several parents are swingers, the coach is now Jose Mourinho and celebrities hang out at practice.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

stankyfeet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/06/12, 12:47 pm

stankyfeet wrote:
coachr wrote:If I were to just glance at these posts(as I did) I would think a coach was murdered, several parents are swingers, the coach is now Jose Mourinho and celebrities hang out at practice.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
I have a MAN crush on Mr.M

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 30/06/12, 04:09 pm

That is AWESOME! LOL!
Coach&Ref
Coach&Ref
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sent to the Stands 30/06/12, 05:23 pm

Wow sounds like a lot of fun - Sombody PM me the directions to the signing party - we are in!
Sent to the Stands
Sent to the Stands
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MrBoomstick 30/06/12, 06:30 pm

Coach&Ref wrote:There seems to be an incredible amount of drama surrounding this team. That's really a shame. I know AF and don't have a dog in this fight at all. I just wish the best for the team, especially for one girl in particular who I coached for a couple of years before she had to find a new team since I wasn't coaching anymore.

I hope the girls are successful and continue to love the game without any negativity transferring onto them and indirectly affecting them. The goal is for them to stay in the sport and love it for a long time.

Coach,, how long ago did you coach the girl you speak of?
MrBoomstick
MrBoomstick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach&Ref 01/07/12, 07:23 pm

MrBoomstick wrote:

Coach,, how long ago did you coach the girl you speak of?

Actually, two girls I just found out!

One for about three seasons and the other a season, plus a couple of private practices, where I showed her and her dad a few things she was doing that she could correct at home.

We also played quite a few indoor seasons, so it was always a situation where we were always practicing and playing.

The first girl (the one I had the longest) I never let kick with her right foot when she was younger, despite her ability to score many more goals with her right, and she is now a dual footed player who prefers her left! I remember a long time ago, her dad saying to me that we could win more games by allowing her to play on the right, but I insisted that it was better for the player and he said, "Ok". He reinforced her practicing at home only with her left and now is happy with the result.

I believe strongly about development being more important than wins at early ages. I'd rather take my knocks early because eventually, wins will come as a natural consequence of good development. The parents that were on-board with that will hopefully have girls that play on top teams, but the ones who wanted kickball wins at early ages will most likely find themselves disappointed when puberty hits and their girls drop out due to the "game" passing them by. Unfortunately, parents only have one chance to find what they think is "best" for their girl. Regrettably, most parents equate wins to development and don't understand that the "golden age" of motor development for kids, tops out at the age of around 12-13. After that, motor skill acquisition slows greatly and tactical knowledge takes it place. Almost all motor skills better be in place and highly developed by that time in order to compete at the higher levels.
Coach&Ref
Coach&Ref
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by stankyfeet 02/07/12, 07:09 pm

Smile Smile

stankyfeet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by stankyfeet 05/07/12, 04:17 pm

Just curious, how many girls did FC Dallas South sign on Sunday? Did they fill out the roster or was it just like Backdraft predicted, begging for players just to be able to make it? Inquiring minds wanna know!!!

stankyfeet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/07/12, 05:35 pm

stankyfeet wrote:Just curious, how many girls did FC Dallas South sign on Sunday? Did they fill out the roster or was it just like Backdraft predicted, begging for players just to be able to make it? Inquiring minds wanna know!!!
16 and I put that on everything!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/07/12, 05:36 pm

MP FCdad wrote:
stankyfeet wrote:Just curious, how many girls did FC Dallas South sign on Sunday? Did they fill out the roster or was it just like Backdraft predicted, begging for players just to be able to make it? Inquiring minds wanna know!!!
I think Backdraft was issued the GAG order! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by stankyfeet 05/07/12, 09:37 pm

MP FCdad wrote:
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! cheers

stankyfeet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/07/12, 09:51 pm

stankyfeet wrote:
MP FCdad wrote:
Stank, I know you gotta sleep at night, even if yo feet are stanky! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by stankyfeet 06/07/12, 11:21 am

MP FCdad wrote:
stankyfeet wrote:
MP FCdad wrote:
Stank, I know you gotta sleep at night, even if yo feet are stanky! Laughing
that's what makes me fall asleep quickly!!!

stankyfeet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TROPHYHUNTERS 08/07/12, 10:20 am

I heard one player thinks it was a mistake to have signed with this team? now i wait to see if the truth comes out?
TROPHYHUNTERS
TROPHYHUNTERS
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Grassstain 08/07/12, 05:18 pm

[quote="CalBeach"]I heard one player thinks it was a mistake to have signed with this team? now i wait to see if the truth comes out?[/quote]

I heard the coach will release anyone and give a full refund to anybody that doesn't want to be there,,, as long as they sign with the vipers!
Grassstain
Grassstain
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BackDraft 28/12/12, 05:04 pm

Just wondering how things have turned out for this team?
BackDraft
BackDraft
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joan Of Arc 04/01/13, 05:13 am

BackDraft wrote:Just wondering how things have turned out for this team?

Must have turned out pretty good. They are scheduled to play the Vegas Cup in a couple of weeks. Good Luck FCD South! Make North Texas proud.
Joan Of Arc
Joan Of Arc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/01/13, 03:40 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by BackDraft 07/01/13, 05:52 pm

Joan Of Arc wrote:

Must have turned out pretty good. They are scheduled to play the Vegas Cup in a couple of weeks. Good Luck FCD South! Make North Texas proud.
I wonder if they ever found a place to practice this winter. They called up the old club Polaris to see if they could rent a field. Very Funny. Why not just practice in Frisco? It is where the very best of FC Dallas practices anyways!
BackDraft
BackDraft
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/01/13, 12:43 pm

BackDraft wrote:
Joan Of Arc wrote:

I wonder if they ever found a place to practice this winter. They called up the old club Polaris to see if they could rent a field. Very Funny. Why not just practice in Frisco? It is where the very best of FC Dallas practices anyways!
Last I heard they were attempting to inch closer to AF's expertese on foot skills, but realized he was no longer with Polaris when they tried. I heard they were practicing at Cowboy's Stadium with the roof closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next