North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Craptastic sportsmanship Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Craptastic sportsmanship

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Craptastic sportsmanship Empty Craptastic sportsmanship

Post by ddad2011 23/09/12, 10:29 pm

Our girls played a team this weekend who had a pretty dominant player. She was very big, strong, and had a big foot.

After her first goal, she yelled, "WHAT'S UP...." at our goalie. At first we thought it was something in Spanish, but then after her second goal, and yelling, "WHAT'S UP" in my daughter's face, I was a bit taken back.

The head ref spoke to her and she stopped yelling at our girls, but WTF is up with their coach? He left her in the game when she should have been IMMEDIATELY taken out and benched.

I hope the coach and parents were embarrassed.

ddad2011
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Craptastic sportsmanship Empty Re: Craptastic sportsmanship

Post by 02Dad 23/09/12, 10:37 pm

ddad2011 wrote:Our girls played a team this weekend who had a pretty dominant player. She was very big, strong, and had a big foot.

After her first goal, she yelled, "WHAT'S UP...." at our goalie. At first we thought it was something in Spanish, but then after her second goal, and yelling, "WHAT'S UP" in my daughter's face, I was a bit taken back.

The head ref spoke to her and she stopped yelling at our girls, but WTF is up with their coach? He left her in the game when she should have been IMMEDIATELY taken out and benched.

Overreact much?

I was waiting for you to get to the really bad part.
02Dad
02Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by setplay 23/09/12, 10:56 pm

Surprising that coach didn't chest bump her and tell her to get out there and finish hat trick. Sportsmanship isn't real high on priorities on some teams
setplay
setplay
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 23/09/12, 10:57 pm

it was yelled in his daughter's face. that's a no-no and grounds for a red card. that ref should've known this dad was gonna post on TX soccer and given the red card automatically. i mean, it's a rule, right???

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 23/09/12, 11:01 pm

yep it's only really high on the losing teams. I believe it was M Irvin that said "don't let them score and they can't do it" about when the cowboys were upset because a player celebrated a touchdown on the star.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by 02Dad 23/09/12, 11:07 pm

twotone wrote:it was yelled in his daughter's face. that's a no-no and grounds for a red card. that ref should've known this dad was gonna post on TX soccer and given the red card automatically. i mean, it's a rule, right???

No, it's not grounds for a red card.

The ref talked to the player and the behavior apparently stopped. You should be praising the ref for handeling the situation.
02Dad
02Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 23/09/12, 11:30 pm

02Dad wrote:
twotone wrote:it was yelled in his daughter's face. that's a no-no and grounds for a red card. that ref should've known this dad was gonna post on TX soccer and given the red card automatically. i mean, it's a rule, right???

No, it's not grounds for a red card.

The ref talked to the player and the behavior apparently stopped. You should be praising the ref for handeling the situation.

You will always have bad situations happen on the field....it is good to hear the ref jump in. I prefer it to the ref that has no reaction to anything. Suspect

Yeh Ref!! cheers

I saw a ref stop a game this weekend and just lay into one coach for riding his every call and non-call. Finally he had enough, one warning and he was a good boy going forward. Mad Mad

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 24/09/12, 02:37 am

Why didn't the goalie say "your fat ass, that's what's up!"? I'm pretty sure that would've won the trash talk battle. If I were the ref I'd let it go as long as both sides got their licks in.
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rcjctcac 24/09/12, 06:33 am

My DD would have been pulled by me if this ever happened. I'm so tired of parents and coaches letting this behavior continue. Good sportsmanship should be displayed at all times by coaches, players and parents but, I believe it is leaving the game. The apple usually doesn't fall to far from the tree. There was probably and extremely obnoxious parent on the sideline that that DD called Mom or Dad. Sorry to hear about this.
rcjctcac
rcjctcac
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 24/09/12, 07:10 am

ddad2011 wrote:Our girls played a team this weekend who had a pretty dominant player. She was very big, strong, and had a big foot.

Which league / team?
Blank77
Blank77
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle1 24/09/12, 07:15 am

FCD Blue South?

Eagle1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 24/09/12, 07:16 am

Blank77 wrote:

Which league / team?
HRCL
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 24/09/12, 07:19 am

rcjctcac wrote: My DD would have been pulled by me if this ever happened. I'm so tired of parents and coaches letting this behavior continue. Good sportsmanship should be displayed at all times by coaches, players and parents but, I believe it is leaving the game. The apple usually doesn't fall to far from the tree. There was probably and extremely obnoxious parent on the sideline that that DD called Mom or Dad. Sorry to hear about this.
Um, ok "sock'er" mom. Sure it's not "shocker mom"?
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 24/09/12, 07:57 am

Which league / team?

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by **SweetFeet** 24/09/12, 08:59 am

At my dd's game this past weekend my dd's team was up at halftime and ended up winning the game.

But at half time the coach for the opposing team had his team come to the bleachers where his parents were sitting at. Now I have seen this happen in rec. but in academy or competitive soccer never. now our parents didn’t pay much attention to this until most of our parents over heard the coach give instructions to his team to foul our girls and stated that he didn’t care if the ref called the foul, and then he singled out one of our players and instructed his team and I quote... "Smash" that player.

Now that is CRAPTASTIC SPORTSMANSHIP if you tell me. Those parents and coach should feel embarrassed, but doubt that they did since they allowed the coach to give those instructions.

**SweetFeet**
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OrangeBlooded 24/09/12, 09:21 am

Hook It wrote:

Which league / team?

Based on his previous posts, I'm going to guess AFC White vs. Frisco Extreme in PPL D2.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 24/09/12, 09:28 am

OrangeBlooded wrote:
Hook It wrote:

Which league / team?

Based on his previous posts, I'm going to guess AFC White vs. Frisco Extreme in PPL D2.

I figured PPL instead of LHGCL because it was a player talking crap instead of a parent affraid

Also, my son played some PPL D2 last season and there were absolutely some larger ESL players that were very proud of themselves and liked to rub it in that they could skip qualifying and beat up on the comeptition in the lowest "select" league.
Blank77
Blank77

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/09/12, 09:42 am

frankly i am in favor of carding bad sportsmanship vigorously. let the offenders pay the price. don't like it coach? tough beans, exert some control over your hooligans. make them pay and guess what, IT GOES AWAY.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 24/09/12, 09:47 am

silentparent wrote:frankly i am in favor of carding bad sportsmanship vigorously. let the offenders pay the price. don't like it coach? tough beans, exert some control over your hooligans. make them pay and guess what, IT GOES AWAY.....

You mean have the refs all get together and take a unified stance on something and be consistent across the board. LOL, freaking hilarious.
Blank77
Blank77

Back to top Go down

Post by newbfc 24/09/12, 10:33 am

**OrangeBlooded** wrote:Based on his previous posts, I'm going to guess AFC White vs. Frisco Extreme in PPL D2.

AFC White won 2 - 0 against Frisco Extreme, so I would have to assume it's

AFC Red in LHGCL Division 3 that lost 2-0 against KICKS SC DALLAS KICKS BLUE SC 01

newbfc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by OrangeBlooded 24/09/12, 10:49 am

newbfc wrote:
**OrangeBlooded** wrote:Based on his previous posts, I'm going to guess AFC White vs. Frisco Extreme in PPL D2.

AFC White won 2 - 0 against Frisco Extreme, so I would have to assume it's

AFC Red in LHGCL Division 3 that lost 2-0 against KICKS SC DALLAS KICKS BLUE SC 01

I stand corrected then. I just saw posts that referenced affiliation with AFC, references to PPL games, and saw they were the only 01G AFC team in PPL. Guess 2+2 didn't = 4 this time. My bad.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/09/12, 10:56 am

silentparent wrote:
frankly i am in favor of carding bad sportsmanship vigorously. let the offenders pay the price. don't like it coach? tough beans, exert some control over your hooligans. make them pay and guess what, IT GOES AWAY.....

Bad sportsmanship IS a cautionable offense (yellow card). It is the first offense listed in Law 12 under, "Cautionable Offenses". LOTG labels it, "unsporting behavior". They just don't call it.

Three years in and I have never seen any player sent off (red card).

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 24/09/12, 11:03 am

A girl talks to an opponent in a strong tone of voice after scoring 2 goals and we're chirping on this board wanting a red card? Really? (She wasn't cussing.)

Two weeks ago though, there was another string about a game where a referee pulled out 6 yellow cards. The parents on that string were complaining about how that referee just wanted to be the center of the attention. "Just let the kids play!” they said. "Stop trying to ruin the game for the kids!" they cried. "This isn't about you!” they whined.

Gees’... Figure out what you want!

It sounds like this referee did a good job and managed the situation exactly as he should have. A good referee, huh? I wonder how long it will take before we can run him off with our constant complaining.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad75033 24/09/12, 11:08 am

DD played a game a couple of weeks ago. After an "average" collision, opponent went down SCREAMING in agony. I thought that maybe she was seriously hurt - knee, ankle, broken bone. (there was a collision, but it didn't amount to a foul and the ref didn't call one) After the coach came out, she got up and was ready to play.

Then she did it again - inadvertent contact and she went down screaming.

And later, a trip - and she was in agony - at least for a couple of minutes until her coach came out.

All 3 times the ref had to stop the game - and the result was a dropped ball.

Oddly enough, I never heard the kid in the game next to us screaming when he had teeth knocked out.

Soccer can be rough, but I would not be opposed to a rule that says if you are injured enough to require assistance from your coach, you should be requried to leave the game.

SoccerDad75033
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 24/09/12, 11:14 am

Actually it is. One of the rules for a red card send off is;
•using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures

This is the rule that is invoked for shoe shines and other nonsense done immediately right in front of the keeper. Doing it twice she was fortunate to not be red carded.

my2cents
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next