North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Let's rate the best and worst soccer fields/complexes in the DFW area. Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Let's rate the best and worst soccer fields/complexes in the DFW area.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Let's rate the best and worst soccer fields/complexes in the DFW area. Empty Let's rate the best and worst soccer fields/complexes in the DFW area.

Post by Socceristheword 22/04/13, 12:41 pm

Private and Municipal -- Make separate ratings. Rate the following 1-10 (ten being best). Add comments to any or all to explain your rating.

1. Overall rating score.
2. Field grass or artificial turf. Maintained well?
3. Parking.
4. Number of fields appropriate for season and tournament play.
5. Concession/restroom facilities.
6. Spectator shade.
7. Wayfinding signage. Can you easily figure out field numbers?
8. Other amenities --- trees, nice practice areas, good night lighting for evening games, etc.
9. Use of field rules. For example ... are dogs allowed? If it looks like it might rain - do they close the fields, etc.
10. Any other comments. What is most important to you?

Socceristheword
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Let's rate the best and worst soccer fields/complexes in the DFW area. Empty Re: Let's rate the best and worst soccer fields/complexes in the DFW area.

Post by SD69 22/04/13, 12:58 pm

Worst fields for us this season..
Keller Alliance, port-a-potties, terrible fields, middle of nowhere.

Best..
Oak Grove, great fields even in winter, good restrooms, playground for kids, dog park, some fields have shade, good parking. Only negative is winter north wind off the lake can be brutal.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Let's rate the best and worst soccer fields/complexes in the DFW area. Empty Re: Let's rate the best and worst soccer fields/complexes in the DFW area.

Post by DDx3 22/04/13, 01:05 pm

Worst
Grand Prairie = Terrible Pathetic mind field, Parking is also terrible
Keller is a close second

Best
Cox = Golf courses in the area don't looks so nice
Oak Grove = Probable best all around

DDx3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDudeAbides 22/04/13, 01:07 pm

MOSS is King & Campbell Green is Queen!
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/04/13, 01:16 pm

Best fields: Cox fields

worst feilds: Odessy fields

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 22/04/13, 01:22 pm

Best Overall: Colleyville Complex
Best Individual field: FCD Frisco #3
Most Improved: DSP (SDL fields)
Worst: Moss
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 22/04/13, 01:24 pm

soccerdad1969 wrote:Worst fields for us this season..
Keller Alliance, port-a-potties, terrible fields, middle of nowhere.

Best..
Oak Grove, great fields even in winter, good restrooms, playground for kids, dog park, some fields have shade, good parking. Only negative is winter north wind off the lake can be brutal.

My vote as well.

One con to the Oak Grove field is my DD complains on corner kicks the ball seems to be on a hill. At each corner the field drops to a lower elevation.

Best looking: Colleyville Complex. I thought for the first minutes of play the turf was artificial.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by justamomof2 22/04/13, 01:40 pm

Worst: Mountain Creek. We had weeds that were taller than the balls two weeks ago, the field was rutted and uneven, we had issues with Ants in the Fall, and parking is awful. Alliance is a close second due to overall field conditions as mentioned above.

Best: Colleyville and Oak Grove

justamomof2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 22/04/13, 01:51 pm

SolarPower00 wrote:

DSP fields below the old clubhouse are great. I love the nets left over from the driving range. Blue Sky in the colony desperately need these type of nets to keep from chasing balls down in the marsh.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Footy Vibe 22/04/13, 01:55 pm

Best field: Cox Park (its like walking on silk with bare feet!)

Worst Field: UTD#2
Footy Vibe
Footy Vibe
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 007shaken 22/04/13, 02:07 pm

Always like Cox. Also, the recent tourney at Ross Stewart was good.
007shaken
007shaken
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM 22/04/13, 02:11 pm

soccerdad1969 wrote:
SolarPower00 wrote:

DSP fields below the old clubhouse are great. I love the nets left over from the driving range. Blue Sky in the colony desperately need these type of nets to keep from chasing balls down in the marsh.

Andro SC put those nets up. I doubt they would slow down a golf ball, unless you hit the chain link part at the bottom. If you think the fields are nice now, you should have seen them when Andro maintained them (before they started having the money troubles)

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 22/04/13, 02:16 pm

Didn't look at the nets that close. We only played there twice this spring. First game was on the upper part. Those were just OK. Last March after the rains, grass was very plush. Didn't care too much for the lights above the south goal, though.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM 22/04/13, 02:22 pm

soccerdad1969 wrote:Didn't look at the nets that close. We only played there twice this spring. First game was on the upper part. Those were just OK. Last March after the rains, grass was very plush. Didn't care too much for the lights above the south goal, though.

The lights were put up by the driving range. As a driving range, the upper fields from what I understand were putting areas, the area below the clubhouse was the actual driving range, and the lower fields were not developed. I can't say I visited it as a driving range though. All the fields were pretty much pristeen when the dd played for Andro.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 22/04/13, 03:04 pm

Richland College had nice fields from what I recall. Don't remember what parking or restrooms were like...but the fields were awesome.
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/04/13, 03:34 pm

Colleyville and Oak Grove were both first rate.

Alliance is the complex from hell. I would take Moss any day of the week over that place. And the drive out to Alliance only makes it worse.

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 22/04/13, 03:45 pm

Moss.

Mordor.

The Atlantic Ocean.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

http://www.thewolfandtheshepherd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by muzlflash 22/04/13, 03:49 pm

Odyssey Fields are the best. I think it helps build the kids character as it provides that third world feel that we all know generate some of the best soccer players in the world... although I am concerned about recent rumors circulating about the maintenance house in the North West corner of the facility actually being a missile silo. And after hours when the sun goes down? The field lamps provide some really good mood lighting...not too bright, just perfect for packing in a picnic for the family after the game. I'm talking Shakespeare in the Park, candles - good family time. Yes people, KEL!
muzlflash
muzlflash
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 22/04/13, 04:01 pm

JeffM wrote:
soccerdad1969 wrote:Didn't look at the nets that close. We only played there twice this spring. First game was on the upper part. Those were just OK. Last March after the rains, grass was very plush. Didn't care too much for the lights above the south goal, though.

The lights were put up by the driving range. As a driving range, the upper fields from what I understand were putting areas, the area below the clubhouse was the actual driving range, and the lower fields were not developed. I can't say I visited it as a driving range though. All the fields were pretty much pristeen when the dd played for Andro.
The upper fields used to be a couple of par 3 holes, but weren't making money for the range...so they leased it to Andro who flattened it and built a couple fields. My BB used to practice up there, and I would hit the driving range during practice. Which, at the time was a huge drywash. Andro brought in tons of dirt and filled in the drywash to have what you see now. Then they cleared and filled in the bottom fields. The tee off turf is still there, and what used to be the putting green on the west side of the clubhouse is too. In the winter/rainy days, you would tee off from the porch. It was great fun to hit balls while the BB was at practice.
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM 22/04/13, 04:09 pm

10sDad wrote:
JeffM wrote:

The upper fields used to be a couple of par 3 holes, but weren't making money for the range...so they leased it to Andro who flattened it and built a couple fields. My BB used to practice up there, and I would hit the driving range during practice. Which, at the time was a huge drywash. Andro brought in tons of dirt and filled in the drywash to have what you see now. Then they cleared and filled in the bottom fields. The tee off turf is still there, and what used to be the putting green on the west side of the clubhouse is too. In the winter/rainy days, you would tee off from the porch. It was great fun to hit balls while the BB was at practice.

And I thought I had been around awhile.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 22/04/13, 04:32 pm

JeffM wrote:
10sDad wrote:
JeffM wrote:

I even remember playing at the old Spurs facility in Allen under the watertower...which is all medical buildings now. And Dallas Cup at Lake Highlands stadium...and Texans practicing the park next to the Mobil research facility (now ESD)...man..I am getting old.
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM 22/04/13, 05:41 pm

10sDad wrote:
JeffM wrote:
10sDad wrote:
JeffM wrote:

I even remember playing at the old Spurs facility in Allen under the watertower...which is all medical buildings now. And Dallas Cup at Lake Highlands stadium...and Texans practicing the park next to the Mobil research facility (now ESD)...man..I am getting old.

I'll have you beat when the '07 is a senior.(If she plays select) If only my '88 had gone select, academy parents would climb to the top of the mountain for my wisdom. As it is I only have my '97s career to share. Of course I did play at "Kroger Fields" in Irving back in the day.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/04/13, 05:57 pm

Best fields I've seen? Pizza Hut Park (or whatever the FCD location is called). I will admit to being annoyed at having to pay for parking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Barca 22/04/13, 07:02 pm

muzlflash wrote:Odyssey Fields are the best. I think it helps build the kids character as it provides that third world feel that we all know generate some of the best soccer players in the world... although I am concerned about recent rumors circulating about the maintenance house in the North West corner of the facility actually being a missile silo. And after hours when the sun goes down? The field lamps provide some really good mood lighting...not too bright, just perfect for packing in a picnic for the family after the game. I'm talking Shakespeare in the Park, candles - good family time. Yes people, KEL!

Yup! We wuz jus out der!
Let's rate the best and worst soccer fields/complexes in the DFW area. 6a00e5514d9da68834017c32bdb9a3970b-pi
Barca
Barca
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoFanOfDrama 22/04/13, 07:29 pm

FCD Frisco has the best pitches, period. Now as far as other amenities go, they are average - with no shade for spectators.

But as far as the game goes, they have level playing surfaces, ability to shed/drain water quickly, great turf and sod conditions, very true goals, accurate field dimensions, square'd fields, nothing in DFW beats FCD's pitches.

Oak Grove is nice, if you like goals that are anywhere between 85 and 87 degrees upright and not plumb. Take your iPhone level app and stick it up to one of the uprights one of these days - you'll be blown away on how crooked their goals are. Plus they cement the goal posts in...huge risk for players.

- Nothing maintained by the City of Plano is worth playing on.

- Irving is hit and miss, with one of their pitches being the ABSOLUTE WORST pitch in DFW.

- 5 star in The Colony is nice, except for the massive bowls your DD will step into

- McInnish is a pretty good all-around place. Great shaded areas, decent playing surfaces, true goals, things to do for the kids.
NoFanOfDrama
NoFanOfDrama
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next