North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

New soccer mom here….. - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

New soccer mom here…..

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New soccer mom here….. - Page 2 Empty Re: New soccer mom here…..

Post by futbollove 27/10/14, 02:01 pm

silentparent wrote:
Mirefutbollove wrote:Oh so your concern was for the SRSA player's development? I just assumed this was a joke. I know I got a laugh out of it.
And actually, you have convinced me that CPP needs to be revoked. But not for the reasons that you have layed out.... just so we don't have to hear you complain about it anymore.

More like your arguments were ridiculed and crushed for their silliness.. 
We can add sarcasm to the long list of things that you just don't get.

futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/10/14, 02:28 pm

futbollove wrote:
silentparent wrote:
Mirefutbollove wrote:Oh so your concern was for the SRSA player's development? I just assumed this was a joke. I know I got a laugh out of it.
And actually, you have convinced me that CPP needs to be revoked. But not for the reasons that you have layed out.... just so we don't have to hear you complain about it anymore.

yep, people are just flocking to your opinions....not

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 27/10/14, 02:40 pm

silentparent wrote:
futbollove wrote:
silentparent wrote:

All over the country actually. NTX was just late to the party.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/10/14, 02:48 pm

New Soccer Mom has already moved her DD to softball.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/10/14, 02:53 pm

futbollove wrote:
silentparent wrote:
futbollove wrote:
silentparent wrote:

tell us again after all the posts, that you finally figured out it was the srsa girls from u13 d2 that were playing, are you always so obtuse?

Post by futbollove Today at 2:58 pm

In that case, shame on Solar. Definitely NOT what the rule is intended for. Even I can't defend em on this one.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 27/10/14, 03:27 pm

silentparent wrote:
futbollove wrote:
silentparent wrote:
futbollove wrote:
silentparent wrote:

tell us again after all the posts, that you finally figured out it was the srsa girls from u13 d2 that were playing, are you always so obtuse?

In that case, shame on Solar. Definitely NOT what the rule is intended for. Even I can't defend em on this one.

OMG, 1 team abused the rule!! Let's abandon CPP. Better yet, why not just disband LH altogether. We can all play in one big happy league, where no one gets their feelings hurt. We don't need refs because in this league, all the rules are followed and no fouls are ever committed. No need to keep score, because in this league, everyone is a winner. And SP can be commish.
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/10/14, 03:42 pm

futbollove wrote:
silentparent wrote:
futbollove wrote:
silentparent wrote:
futbollove wrote:
silentparent wrote:

OMG, 1 team abused the rule!! Let's abandon CPP. Better yet, why not just disband LH altogether. We can all play in one big happy league, where no one gets their feelings hurt. We don't need refs because in this league, all the rules are followed and no fouls are ever committed. No need to keep score, because in this league, everyone is a winner. And SP can be commish.

yawn, that's all you got?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 28/10/14, 07:59 am

Tell you what I got.. about 25 replies displaying apathy for a foul that is called 99% of the time in the pros, but 99% of the youth refs apparently feel it's a natural part of the game based on what I've seen over the years.  Taking soccermom's post at face value.. it resulted in an 8 yr old tearing their ACL & another fracturing their wrist in consecutive weeks, yet all we can argue about is CPP?
The_Dude
The_Dude
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/10/14, 08:02 am

All it confirms is that the all mighty W outweighs safety on the field here in NTX. Safety is a DISTANT second.

Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 28/10/14, 08:09 am

exactly.. those victories when we were 8 or 9 mean so much, how could safety come first?  Better yet, why should we coach/teach our DD's to play the game the way it was intended if they are already winning?  Shocked

The chances that the ref, coach and parent of the offender all missed the play is highly unlikely.  All 3 had a chance to correct the behavior, and all typically sit on their hands.  Amazing..
The_Dude
The_Dude
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/10/14, 09:36 am

Agree with u 100%, the behavior should be corrected. The refs need to control dirty play as soon as the game starts. Issue a red card, no big deal if the offender misses one game. My dd had a high ankle sprain from a slide tackle last season from behind and was in crutches for 3 months. The rehab was not easy. The ref called a foul and it was too late and didn't make any difference to the outcome of the game or the offenders behavior.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 28/10/14, 10:02 am

CR7rocks wrote:Issue a red card, no big deal if the offender misses one game.

I'd be satisfied just to see a yellow.. in three 3yrs, I've seen one (yellow) card. Apparently, seeing a card at this age is like running into Bigfoot.  Sure, there is some blurry video out there that folks swear by. But for most it's just another urban legend.
The_Dude
The_Dude
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/10/14, 10:07 am

My 5 year old was issued yellows on consecutive weekends. In both instances the kid he "fouled" never even hit the ground. The ref stated it was because he kicked at his shins and not the ball...

I asked if he would come out and ref the academy games. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 28/10/14, 10:23 am

3rd year for my dd playing academy... generally 2 games each weekend...many tourney's... NEVER have seen so much as a yellow card.... Can't tell me in over 100 games there hasn't been 1 instance that warrants at minimum a yellow card. Heck my kid should have been given a couple in those 3 years. Refs don't know or don't care, either way dangerous for the girls.
boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FierceLightning 28/10/14, 10:33 am

boilerjoe_96 wrote:3rd year for my dd playing academy... generally 2 games each weekend...many tourney's... NEVER have seen so much as a yellow card....  Can't tell me in over 100 games there hasn't been 1 instance that warrants at minimum a yellow card.  Heck my kid should have been given a couple in those 3 years.  Refs don't know or don't care, either way dangerous for the girls.

Like you, I have never seen a yellow much less a red card. I have spoken to a few refs over the last couple of years about this and the one answer I keep getting, is that they do not want to "discourage" a kid from playing "athletically" by issuing yellow cards for physical play at this age. This sentiment seems fairly universal with the refs I have spoken too casually on this subject. That mentality is coming form the bosses of the leagues and the ref management not the refs. They are simply complying with it. Munchhausen by Proxy syndrome.

FierceLightning
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/10/14, 10:34 am

I hear a ref stopped short of an 06' red card, because he didn't want to ruin that poor girl's tournament. It's good to know they care.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 28/10/14, 11:05 am

It's in the LOTG, Law 12 sub 1.3, you can look it up.

"If, in the opinion of the referee, calling a foul could possibly hurt the feelings of the offending player ultimately leading to damaged self-esteem, a gentle verbal "be careful girls" shall suffice."
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by FierceLightning 28/10/14, 11:06 am

Cobra_Kai wrote:I hear a ref stopped short of an 06' red card, because he didn't want to ruin that poor girl's tournament.  It's good to know they care.

I hear you...it's pathetic....what life lesson do you think that 06 learned from that ref? He just contributed to her lowering of morality.

My DD was in a league game with a team that we were tied with and whoever won this game would win the league and get the number 1 spot in the tournament. We had our first breakaway and when the defender got beat on a 1on1, she grabbed the shirt and slide tackled from behind with cleats to the calf of our striker, she had to be taken out and rested for the rest of the half. NO foul, no yellow, no pk the ball got turned over, NO CALL. Getting near the end of a 1-1 game and my DD gets a beautiful pass from the center mid and as she is moving down the right lane to strike she has one defender to beat then it is her and the goalie. The defender, once beat, reaches out and grabs my DD's ponytail dragging her to the ground. Ball goes out and its now a turnover. Once again, NO call! There was pushing, showing and hip checking going on the whole game, just these 2 were the most egregious fouls warranting yellows at least and red's IMO. We tied the game and they got first spot due to GD. They were a good team that had good skills on top but were coached to be dirty in the back when beat. Very pathetic and I feel sorry for the girls over time.

I protested with the league and during the inquiry all agreed that the refs allowed the play to get too rough and everybody, including the opposing coach were sorry and the heat of the game got a bit out of hand, etc,. etc. etc. I got the bobble head treatment. At the end, the ref management made the comment that they knew it was a big game and they did not want to insert themselves in the play and did not want to "discourage" "athletic" play!! I walked out realizing I had just wasted an hour of my time and everybody else's!!!

FierceLightning
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FierceLightning 28/10/14, 11:14 am

Gunner9 wrote:It's in the LOTG, Law 12 sub 1.3, you can look it up.

"If, in the opinion of the referee, calling a foul could possibly hurt the feelings of the offending player ultimately leading to damaged self-esteem, a gentle verbal "be careful girls" shall suffice."

Well this pretty much sums up refereeing in academy then. Why was it that when I was a kid and I would get a yellow I thought that I needed to get better and my esteem went up?? Am I just an enigma?

FierceLightning
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 28/10/14, 11:21 am

Fierce & BoilerJoe make valid points.  

1) the refs are working under the direction they are given.  Is there one league or tourney better than others in terms of calling a good/tight game?  No, because the same refs are used.. and all get the same marching orders.  "Kids at this age are incapable of doing anything intentional."  Pulling her hair by the ponytail.. accident.  Grabbing her jersey.. uh, reflex. Double handed push from behind.. she jumped in her way.  

2) The simple law of averages says there is more than 1 foul in the number of games I've seen in the last 3 yrs.

Fierce, I applaud you for at least trying to get their attention, more of us should follow your lead.  cheers
The_Dude
The_Dude
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ojx111 28/10/14, 11:44 am

FierceLightning wrote:
Cobra_Kai wrote:I hear a ref stopped short of an 06' red card, because he didn't want to ruin that poor girl's tournament.  It's good to know they care.

I hear you...it's pathetic....what life lesson do you think that 06 learned from that ref? He just contributed to her lowering of morality.

My DD was in a league game with a team that we were tied with and whoever won this game would win the league and get the number 1 spot in the tournament. We had our first breakaway and when the defender got beat on a 1on1, she grabbed the shirt and slide tackled from behind with cleats to the calf of our striker, she had to be taken out and rested for the rest of the half. NO foul, no yellow, no pk the ball got turned over, NO CALL. Getting near the end of a 1-1 game and my DD gets a beautiful pass from the center mid and as she is moving down the right lane to strike she has one defender to beat then it is her and the goalie. The defender, once beat, reaches out and grabs my DD's ponytail dragging her to the ground. Ball goes out and its now a turnover. Once again, NO call! There was pushing, showing and hip checking going on the whole game, just these 2 were the most egregious fouls warranting yellows at least and red's IMO. We tied the game and they got first spot due to GD. They were a good team that had good skills on top but were coached to be dirty in the back when beat. Very pathetic and I feel sorry for the girls over time.

I am a referee.
If your description was true, I would issue Yellow in both cases and asked the coach to replace both of them and let them sit on bench for a while. For U10 kids, I don’t like to give Red since they still don’t quite understand the consequence yet.
If it was U11 and above, the 1st case certainly would receive a Red from me.

Some coaches just did not get it. Two week ago, I did a U-10 boy game. I already told a kid to maintain 10 yard for opposing team’s free kick. But, he ran to block the kicking. I immediately pull out yellow. The coach kept argued with me why. After the game, the parents told me this was the first yellow for their team this season.
BTW, after that yellow, that kid never did that anymore.

ojx111
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/10/14, 11:46 am

Power of the card... What a concept.

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 28/10/14, 11:51 am

You mean a yellow card altered a players behavior in a positive way? The he ll you say!!

Cards are part of the development of their game..or should be. That is to help the young players know what is over the line and results in a card. At the end of the day, at least in academy, a yellow means nothing more than a warning, but will alter behavior in a positive way. Fouls work that way in basketball at this age.
boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 05GKdad_Tulsa 28/10/14, 11:59 am

I saw the until now mythical straight red this weekend in a u10 boys tournament game. My 04 dd was on next field.

Boy took player down from behind on a breakaway, then STOMPED ON HIS HEAD! The coach couldn't understand why his boy was given a red card. The injured players coach lost in on this guy and was ejected.

If the referee had done properly, IMO, and given some yellow cards first, this situation wouldn't have happened.

I think the proper way in academy would be yellow & to the bench for the situation described earlier.

My dd has had 2 of these yellow & sit down: 1 in academy & 1 in rec for hard fouls.

05GKdad_Tulsa
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 28/10/14, 12:15 pm

ojx111, I wish more of your peers followed the same logic.
The_Dude
The_Dude
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FierceLightning 28/10/14, 12:26 pm

I am a referee.
If your description was true, I would issue Yellow in both cases and asked the coach to replace both of them and let them sit on bench for a while.  For U10 kids, I don’t like to give Red since they still don’t quite understand the consequence yet.
If it was U11 and above, the 1st case certainly would receive a Red from me.

Some coaches just did not get it. Two week ago, I did a U-10 boy game. I already told a kid to maintain 10 yard for opposing team’s free kick. But, he ran to block the kicking. I immediately pull out yellow. The coach kept argued with me why. After the game, the parents told me this was the first yellow for their team this season.
BTW, after that yellow, that kid never did that anymore.
[/quote]

This was a U10 game. I wish you had reffed that game, because you are an enigma in refereeing in academy! You yellowed a U10 kid for rushing a free kick after a warning???!!! I have never seen that. Like I said before, I have never even seen a yellow much less a red in 3 years.

I do get your point about coaches and parents bad behavior. I've often thought that perhaps many of these rules you refs need to comply with many times have been slowly created by pressures put on the governing bodies by clubs, coaches and parents to allow more bad play without consequences from the refereeing. The amount of rough play I see on the girls side now, I could never get away with when I was U9. So the loosening of the rules have to have occurred over time.

FierceLightning
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next