North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

CFBAL 06 Platinum Championship Game Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

CFBAL 06 Platinum Championship Game

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

CFBAL 06 Platinum Championship Game Empty CFBAL 06 Platinum Championship Game

Post by SkeetsG06 09/11/14, 07:59 pm

Congrats to Kicks for the 1-0 win over Sting Black!

Two very good teams played a hard fought game. IMO, I thought the right team won bc Kicks had more shots on goal. The goal occurred after speedy Kicks forward broke loose, and the Sting Black speedy defender tried to kick ball out of bounds but the ball went in the goal for an own goal.

I thought the sportsmanship bt parents was cool. Obviously, both teams wanted to win, but the mutual respect by parents and by players was evidentl. I know it is very early but I predict one team will be a top ECNL team and the other will be a top LHCL/premier team.
Will be fun to watch....

SkeetsG06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

CFBAL 06 Platinum Championship Game Empty Re: CFBAL 06 Platinum Championship Game

Post by jm23jm 10/11/14, 08:24 am

Congrats to Sting and the players for a well played game and season.  

I predict the same thing but add National league to LHCL/Premier team.  I also predict Stings ECNL roster will look VERY different by U14 (ECNL).

jm23jm
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

CFBAL 06 Platinum Championship Game Empty Re: CFBAL 06 Platinum Championship Game

Post by SkeetsG06 10/11/14, 10:17 am

jm23jm wrote:Congrats to Sting and the players for a well played game and season.  

I predict the same thing but add National league to LHCL/Premier team.  I also predict Stings ECNL roster will look VERY different by U14 (ECNL).

At U9, I think ALL rosters have a high probability to look VERY different. Of course, there are exceptions, but the norm is rosters will change. However, my point is the top teams don't vary much. I think history has shown that in most cases the Top 1-2 teams tend to remain in the upper echelon despite roster changes. Here are some examples of top academy teams that remain top teams at U14 and beyond:
97' - Sting ECNL Tatoo
98' - Solar Chelsea ECNL (former LP) Pulpaneck & Sting ECNL
99' - Texans ECNL Rezaie (Two national team players who play up)
00' - Solar Chelsea ECNL Solca & Texans ECNL Rezaie
01' - Solar Chelsea ECNL Solca, FCD ECNL, & Kicks ECNL JM Premier/LH

SkeetsG06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/11/14, 11:38 am

Both clubs had great seasons, be proud and build from your experiences!
Maybe KICKS will be lucky enough to get back their #1 FBR for I believe they played enough 06 games to qualify:) LOL. Congrats to Coach Juan, Parents, and Players! You are a great representation of NTX soccer and 06G!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/11/14, 12:53 pm

There's been so much change in the 12 months that I have been following this stuff. Five years seems too far away to predict anything.

Congrats to Kicks and Sting Black for great seasons, and shout out to Solar Red, quietly doing their thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by jm23jm 10/11/14, 03:10 pm

SkeetsG06 wrote:
jm23jm wrote:Congrats to Sting and the players for a well played game and season.  

At U9, I think ALL rosters have a high probability to look VERY different.  Of course, there are exceptions, but the norm is rosters will change.  However,  my point is the top teams don't vary much.  I think history has shown that in most cases the Top 1-2 teams tend to remain in the upper echelon despite roster changes.  Here are some examples of top academy teams that remain top teams at U14 and beyond:
97' - Sting ECNL Tatoo
98' - Solar Chelsea ECNL (former LP) Pulpaneck & Sting ECNL
99' - Texans ECNL Rezaie (Two national team players who play up)
00' - Solar Chelsea ECNL Solca & Texans ECNL Rezaie
01' - Solar Chelsea ECNL Solca, FCD ECNL, & Kicks ECNL JM Premier/LH

I agree that top teams tend to stay strong. My point is that rosters will change so much so no reason to even worry about ECNL at U9. I've talked to so many parents going thru academy for the 1st time thinking they have to play for an ECNL at U7, U8, U9 etc....they have no idea that when ECNL tryouts are here the teams will take the best players.

jm23jm
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 10/11/14, 03:43 pm

I disagree, 01 ECNL clubs have remained faithful to players mostly that have been in their system. Yes their is the accassional stud that comes in, but a lot of players on the ECNL teams that were loyal to the club.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/11/14, 03:59 pm

lol! ...wait for it...

Back to top Go down

Post by SkeetsG06 10/11/14, 08:15 pm

My oldest dd is currently on an ECNL team. So, I have seen the rodeo before and, from what I have seen, the top teams tend to remain the top teams b/c they already have several top players. So my statement was more from a historical POV not a 1st time parent living vicariously through my 8 year old.

...I shamefully already made that mistake with my 00. LOL

SkeetsG06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jm23jm 10/11/14, 09:09 pm

Zizou wrote:I disagree, 01 ECNL clubs have remained faithful to players mostly that have been in their system. Yes their is the accassional stud that comes in, but a lot of players on the ECNL teams that were loyal to the club.

I could be wrong but I think I know the 01 age group pretty good. I also know faithful and loyalty don't really exist much in NTX soccer unless your DD can play.  I think all the ecnl teams have a core group about 7-8 from U11 select.  That core group can all play.  The other half have moved on.  I've also heard a few clubs  roster girls from out of state, so not only don't you have to play for an ecnl club at U8, U9, U10 etc......you don't even have to play in NTX if you are good.  I also know several of my players were offered sweet deals and til this day they are still being asked to be a discovery players on NTX ecnl rosters while teams have 20+ players on their roster.  There is no loyalty in NTX soccer.  Parents have to do what they think is best for their kid and coaches have to do what is best for their team.

jm23jm
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/11/14, 10:51 pm

SkeetsG06 wrote:My oldest dd is currently on an ECNL team.  So, I have seen the rodeo before and, from what I have seen, the top teams tend to remain the top teams b/c they already have several top players.  So my statement was more from a historical POV not a 1st time parent living vicariously through my 8 year old.  

...I shamefully already made that mistake with my 00.  LOL

This was the best laugh Ive had all day!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 11/11/14, 05:53 am

jm23jm wrote:
Zizou wrote:I disagree, 01 ECNL clubs have remained faithful to players mostly that have been in their system. Yes their is the accassional stud that comes in, but a lot of players on the ECNL teams that were loyal to the club.

I could be wrong but I think I know the 01 age group pretty good. I also know faithful and loyalty don't really exist much in NTX soccer unless your DD can play.  I think all the ecnl teams have a core group about 7-8 from U11 select.  That core group can all play.  The other half have moved on.  I've also heard a few clubs  roster girls from out of state, so not only don't you have to play for an ecnl club at U8, U9, U10 etc......you don't even have to play in NTX if you are good.  I also know several of my players were offered sweet deals and til this day they are still being asked to be a discovery players on NTX ecnl rosters while teams have 20+ players on their roster.  There is no loyalty in NTX soccer.  Parents have to do what they think is best for their kid and coaches have to do what is best for their team.

ECNL, elite, I am glad they are bringing in the best players from all over. I don't care where you call home. ECNL rosters can be as large as 28-30 players, just because you are rostered does not mean you are playing. Solar, Sting, FCD, Texans top 20 rostered players 2/3 of them were chosen from in club. Yes, if you can play yeah you will be found, but not every player can call themselves studs.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by jm23jm 11/11/14, 07:37 am

Zizou wrote:
jm23jm wrote:

ECNL, elite, I am glad they are bringing in the best players from all over. I don't care where you call home. ECNL rosters can be as large as 28-30 players, just because you are rostered does not mean you are playing. Solar, Sting, FCD, Texans top 20 rostered players 2/3 of them were chosen from in club. Yes, if you can play yeah you will be found, but not every player can call themselves studs.
  That is my point, if you are good they will find you so at u8 - U13 you don't have to worry about playing for an ecnl club. At U14 if you want to be one of 28-30 rostered ecnl players, then you need to play for an ecnl club.

jm23jm
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 11/11/14, 08:15 am

Well, I'm sure the ECNL clubs will let you keep players 28-30 but 1-20 most come from within club.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/11/14, 08:19 am

Zizou wrote:Yes, if you can play yeah you will be found, but not every player can call themselves studs.

How many 'studs' do you estimate there are in an age group? Are they generally all scholarship?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/11/14, 08:30 am

Zizou wrote:Well, I'm sure the ECNL clubs will let you keep players 28-30 but 1-20 most come from within club.

Debating ECNL with Skeets and Tom is on par with beating your head into the wall JM.

With the exception of Solca at Solar no can even say who will be the ECNL coaches at the other clubs come U14 at this point, forget about rosters....

How's that song go... I've got some ocean front property in Arizona... LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 11/11/14, 09:16 am

Cobra_Kai wrote:
Zizou wrote:Yes, if you can play yeah you will be found, but not every player can call themselves studs.

How many 'studs' do you estimate there are in an age group?  Are they generally all scholarship?

What is your definition of stud?

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/11/14, 09:30 am

Zizou wrote:
Cobra_Kai wrote:

How many 'studs' do you estimate there are in an age group?  Are they generally all scholarship?

2" x 4" x 8', white pine, kiln dried and heat treated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyin Ted 11/11/14, 09:55 am

bwgophers wrote:
Zizou wrote:
Cobra_Kai wrote:

2" x 4" x 8', white pine, kiln dried and heat treated.

CFBAL 06 Platinum Championship Game 20060601
Lyin Ted
Lyin Ted
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SkeetsG06 11/11/14, 11:26 am

...Wow!  Interesting how this conversation has turned into an ECNL vs. A/O leagues thread.

That's cool!  I will just say that I am glad there are options for all kids based on their objectives and abilities.

PS - Bo, I am definitely pro-ECNL at this point provided ones dd's soccer objectives align with the intent of ECNL.  So, hopefully this prevents anyone from banging their head trying to convince me otherwise.

SkeetsG06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/11/14, 11:33 am

I am fully aware of wher you align yourself, your train of thought, and why.

Not my cup of tea. Mine will decide for herself when that time comes. She has no clue ECNL even exists at this point and would serve no purpose in her even trying to understand it.

My DDs goals in life surround school, her friends, and having fun at this sport right now.

To each their own...

Back to top Go down

Post by SkeetsG06 11/11/14, 12:55 pm

...not sure what you are implying, but if we are going to get personal maybe we should PM or talk live.

SkeetsG06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/11/14, 01:02 pm

If you take it personal I can't help it. Its an internet forum... Kind of like text messages, don't always come across the way intended.

But hey, I'm not one to shy away from anything. You've had my number for a long time now. You wanna use it be my guest or say hi next time we run into each other.

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 11/11/14, 01:06 pm

Zizou wrote:Well, I'm sure the ECNL clubs will let you keep players 28-30 but 1-20 most come from within club.
So I should have put my DD with an ECNL club at u5? Why didn't you guys tell everyone that 4 years ago? I guess all is lost. Time to find another sport. lol!
If Kicks 01's are going to be wearing hoops next season as some have suggested, just how much loyalty is going to be shown to those players that have come from within the club?

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 11/11/14, 01:15 pm

SWINGIT!! wrote:
So I should have put my DD with an ECNL club at u5? Why didn't you guys tell everyone that 4 years ago? I guess all is lost. Time to find another sport. lol!
If Kicks 01's are going to be wearing hoops next season as some have suggested, just how much loyalty is going to be shown to those players that have come from within the club?

Lol!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next