North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Unnecessary Guest Players in 3v3…Seriously?? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

Unnecessary Guest Players in 3v3…Seriously??

Go down

Unnecessary Guest Players in 3v3…Seriously?? Empty Unnecessary Guest Players in 3v3…Seriously??

Post by Guest 05/04/15, 09:37 pm

This weekend my DD's team participated in the Quickfoot Easter Tournament. There were some good teams there as usual, but I found it interesting after the first round when a team that my DD's team traditionally has beaten badly in every tournament or league play game we have ever played them in, lost to Liverpool's 3v3 team, that is a great team, by only 1 point. Hmmmmmm. Then my DD's team played the team and low and behold they brought two guest players from the Kicks to the tournament.

It was quite hilarious because the coach tried to pass them off as regular girls on their team. Seriously? My DD's team plays in platinum against the Kicks. We obviously knew exactly who we were playing. Was it really necessary to bring in two ringers for a 3v3 tournament? They had 6 players so it wasn't like they were short. Or maybe they just prefer to teach their girls that they can't win with who they normally have, so they will bring in girls who can win. The poor girls who are actually on the team barely got any playing time. I hope they at least got a cool plastic trophy out of it!

Back to top Go down

Unnecessary Guest Players in 3v3…Seriously?? Empty Re: Unnecessary Guest Players in 3v3…Seriously??

Post by Guest 05/04/15, 09:57 pm

Sad

Back to top Go down

Unnecessary Guest Players in 3v3…Seriously?? Empty Re: Unnecessary Guest Players in 3v3…Seriously??

Post by Guest 05/04/15, 10:32 pm

Aftershock wrote:This weekend my DD's team participated in the Quickfoot Easter Tournament. There were some good teams there as usual, but I found it interesting after the first round when a team that my DD's team traditionally has beaten badly in every tournament or league play game we have ever played them in, lost to Liverpool's 3v3 team, that is a great team, by only 1 point. Hmmmmmm. Then my DD's team played the team and low and behold they brought two guest players from the Kicks to the tournament.

It was quite hilarious because the coach tried to pass them off as regular girls on their team. Seriously? My DD's team plays in platinum against the Kicks. We obviously knew exactly who we were playing. Was it really necessary to bring in two ringers for a 3v3 tournament? They had 6 players so it wasn't like they were short. Or maybe they just prefer to teach their girls that they can't win with who they normally have, so they will bring in girls who can win. The poor girls who are actually on the team barely got any playing time. I hope they at least got a cool plastic trophy out of it!

Sorry- let me get this straight you are concerned about guest players in a 3v3 competition? A competition where many teams are not club or full sided team affiliated? I sure hope this is some troll or someone attempting to be sarcastic. If it was meant to be sarcastic then well played.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 06/04/15, 08:25 am

Ummm it's just 3v3. It's supposed to be fun, not real soccer. There are not guest players because there are no real rosters. So if they are mentally off for bringing in "ringers" you are off for actually caring.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 06/04/15, 08:48 am

Aftershock wrote:This weekend my DD's team participated in the Quickfoot Easter Tournament. There were some good teams there as usual, but I found it interesting after the first round when a team that my DD's team traditionally has beaten badly in every tournament or league play game we have ever played them in, lost to Liverpool's 3v3 team, that is a great team, by only 1 point. Hmmmmmm. Then my DD's team played the team and low and behold they brought two guest players from the Kicks to the tournament.

This obviously really got to you, since you went to all the trouble of creating a new avatar just to complain.  To most, 3v3 is done just for fun, often with friends.  As others have stated there is no real roster that equates to a certain club roster.  

When my dd was playing academy and even in the early select years, she often got together with friends that were not on her team to play 3v3.

If you get this wrapped up at this point in her soccer activities, God help you in the coming years when you have to worry about ECNL or CPP players "guesting" on rosters.
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 06/04/15, 08:50 am

This is U8 3v3!
This is U8 3v3!
This is U8 3v3!
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 06/04/15, 08:56 am

I think you meant to post this on April 1st.

Thanks for the laugh, though.
Gunners
Gunners
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 06/04/15, 09:00 am

I assume the real problem here is that dd's team didn't get the "cool plastic trophy."
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 06/04/15, 09:07 am

ballhead wrote:I assume the real problem here is that dd's team didn't get the "cool plastic trophy."

They upgraded to a cool polymer trophy this year.....
boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 06/04/15, 09:23 am

boilerjoe_96 wrote:
ballhead wrote:I assume the real problem here is that dd's team didn't get the "cool plastic trophy."

They upgraded to a cool polymer trophy this year.....

Ahhhh.  No wonder they are so upset!
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MoveYourFeet 06/04/15, 10:37 am

My son (FCD) played in this last year with a 3 friends (Andromeda, Azzuri and Texans). Now I'm wondering which 3 were the guest players and which club were we representing. Hmmmm.

And noticed they lost "1 point." When did soccer switch to the point system? They must be getting ready to install a 3-point line.
MoveYourFeet
MoveYourFeet
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 06/04/15, 11:12 am

I would file a formal protest.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jogobonito06 06/04/15, 11:14 am

SickofSilliness wrote:I would file a formal protest.

And a lawsuit.
jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 06/04/15, 11:52 am

Heard those same fast kids ran out at the easter egg hunt and grabbed all the eggs before anyone else could.  Bunch of Cr@p if you ask me.  Cheatin lil 7 year olds should be ashamed of themselves.  Bet they play with a different roster each week in Academy too..... scratch
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 06/04/15, 12:47 pm

Did you say LP? Who can even tell with those girls which ones showed up? They only have about 30 girls to cover all 20 of their teams.

And maybe the coach was trying to recruit the Kicks players.  Apparently they are pretty good if they can beat your dd!

I know - your dd would never leave your club or coach. That FC Dallas blood must run deep.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Looking04 06/04/15, 01:01 pm

Can't be FC Dallas - OP said his dd plays in platinum

Looking04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by planogirl 06/04/15, 01:30 pm

Are you just trying to spread a rumor that Kicks girls moving to Liverpool? LOL

planogirl
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by $occerF@n 06/04/15, 01:40 pm

jibjab2 wrote:Can't be FC Dallas - OP said his dd plays in platinum
cheers

$occerF@n
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 06/04/15, 02:07 pm

planogirl wrote:Are you just trying to spread a rumor that Kicks girls moving to Liverpool? LOL

PG!!! long time no hear...welcome back...we missed you and your wisdom. It always amazes me how you get through life interpreting things the way you do.

Help me understand, just from reading the above, how you came to that conclusion? or was it something else?
boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by totalfootball 06/04/15, 05:12 pm

cheers "30 girls 20 teams".
SickofSilliness wrote:Did you say LP?  Who can even tell with those girls which ones showed up?  They only have about 30 girls to cover all 20 of their teams.

And maybe the coach was trying to recruit the Kicks players.  Apparently they are pretty good if they can beat your dd!

I know - your dd would never leave your club or coach.  That FC Dallas blood must run deep.

totalfootball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigeric2 07/04/15, 11:18 am

If it makes anyone feel any better, I just bought a 3d printer & with some trial & error I bet I could make some cool wood grained or glow in the dark trophies for all of you. ?
3x3's are recruiting tools & general 'play with friends' games. If you're that worked up it might be time to retire.
bigeric2
bigeric2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

http://solarabbott.com/teams/solar-chelsea-abbott-07/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gambit 07/04/15, 04:07 pm

Those sneaky Dfeeters doing it again I see!!! lol geek
Gambit
Gambit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gambit 07/04/15, 04:12 pm

Aftershock wrote:It was quite hilarious because the coach tried to pass them off as regular girls on their team.

I think I found the reason for the post.... Embarassed
Gambit
Gambit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down