North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Poll alert - Who takes the opening games in D1 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Poll alert - Who takes the opening games in D1

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who takes the first game

Poll alert - Who takes the opening games in D1 Vote_lcap8%Poll alert - Who takes the opening games in D1 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 39 ]
Poll alert - Who takes the opening games in D1 Vote_lcap6%Poll alert - Who takes the opening games in D1 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 30 ]
Poll alert - Who takes the opening games in D1 Vote_lcap9%Poll alert - Who takes the opening games in D1 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 41 ]
Poll alert - Who takes the opening games in D1 Vote_lcap6%Poll alert - Who takes the opening games in D1 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 28 ]
Poll alert - Who takes the opening games in D1 Vote_lcap10%Poll alert - Who takes the opening games in D1 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 49 ]
Poll alert - Who takes the opening games in D1 Vote_lcap4%Poll alert - Who takes the opening games in D1 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 19 ]
Poll alert - Who takes the opening games in D1 Vote_lcap9%Poll alert - Who takes the opening games in D1 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 41 ]
Poll alert - Who takes the opening games in D1 Vote_lcap5%Poll alert - Who takes the opening games in D1 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 24 ]
Poll alert - Who takes the opening games in D1 Vote_lcap8%Poll alert - Who takes the opening games in D1 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 40 ]
[ 27 ]
[ 39 ]
[ 28 ]
[ 30 ]
[ 38 ]

Total Votes : 473
Back

Poll alert - Who takes the opening games in D1 Empty Poll alert - Who takes the opening games in D1

Post by InaB 18/08/15, 10:39 am

OK, so the first game is set, there will only be one game played against each team making each game count. Who takes the first one of the season. Cast your vote.   Very Happy (P.S., tried to add a Tie line, but that took the poll over the options limit. You can respond via this message on a tie.)
InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Poll alert - Who takes the opening games in D1 Empty Re: Poll alert - Who takes the opening games in D1

Post by Seven 18/08/15, 02:24 pm

little help with the handicapping

Rankings from Youth Soccer Rankings website    http://youthsoccerrankings.us/

#7 Sting Parker       v/s     #21 Dallas Texans North
#6 Solar Elite            v/s    #29 Sting Pat.
#8 Andro                   v/s    # 17 Sting W
#9 Sting Brown        v/s   #20 Aztecs
#11 FCD Premier     v/s   #19 Mustangs
#14 Sting North        v/s  #12 Solar Gold
#13 Solar Chelsea    v/s  #24 Sting Feretti
Seven
Seven
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Poll alert - Who takes the opening games in D1 Empty Re: Poll alert - Who takes the opening games in D1

Post by Havingfunyet 19/08/15, 10:46 am

looks like everyone is picking based on the above handy capping! There has to be at least on upset don't you think......I am going to pick mustangs over fcd! not much of an upset based on above! and Aztecs over Brown...Anyone else care to play!

Havingfunyet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 19/08/15, 03:48 pm

There has been very little conversation regarding movement in a year when I expected quite a bit of movement. I chose according to what I have seen of the teams...and that hasn't been much since signing...

Maybe Pack will translate what I am thinking into a list of projected finish...I still laugh about that. I didn't realize how harsh I was until I read it. Lol.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/08/15, 04:43 pm

Is FCD Premier really FCD Blue, just renamed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Punisher 20/08/15, 10:55 pm

FCD Premier Blue will be one to watch out for. Great pick ups and good coaching.
Punisher
Punisher
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 21/08/15, 08:05 am

No offense meant, but did someone really pick Sting Patulea to beat Solar Elite?

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 21/08/15, 12:40 pm

Hey Back, dreams can come true, right? Then again, maybe it was a slip of the finger on someone's part.
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 23/08/15, 12:29 am

dadof3 wrote:There has been very little conversation regarding movement in a year when I expected quite a bit of movement. I chose according to what I have seen of the teams...and that hasn't been much since signing...

Maybe Pack will translate what I am thinking into a list of projected finish...I still laugh about that. I didn't realize how harsh I was until I read it. Lol.

D3-I have no idea what to expect of any of these teams next week. Since teams will play each other only once this season, every match will be important... Somewhat like NCAA Football, were an off-week performances as well as draws, GF/GA will dramatically affect rankings up and down D1. Teams slow out of the gate may not have time to catch up.

Any season predictions yet?

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 23/08/15, 08:15 am

1. Solar Elite

That's all I predict

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Noob 23/08/15, 08:25 am

Here are my season predictions for final standings

1) STING CENTRAL 00G (PARKER)  They are even stronger than before with the quality pickups
2) FC DALLAS 00G PREMIER  Picked up a lot of Flanny talent
3) SOLAR CHELSEA ELITE 00G 
4) ANDROMEDA FC 00G - PL 
5) STING 00G ROYAL BROWN 
6) SOLAR CHELSEA 00G GOLD 
7) MUSTANGS FC 00G (BUSSEY) 
Cool SOLAR CHELSEA 00G 
9) AZTECS FC LADY AZTECS FC 00 
10) STING WEST 00 (WEST) 
11) STING NORTH 00G GARRETT 
12) DALLAS TEXANS 00G NORTH 
13) STING 00G FERRETTI 
14) STING DALLAS 00 PATULEA

Last edited by Noob on 23/08/15, 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Noob
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 23/08/15, 08:48 am

You're forcing my hand Noob Wink

1. Solar Elite
2. Sting Central
2. Sting Brown
4. Andro
5. FCD
6. Mustangs
7. Solar Gold
8. Aztecs
9. Solar Chelsea
10. Sting North
11. Sting West
12. Texans
13. Sting Ferretti
14. Sting Patulea

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 23/08/15, 02:47 pm

Thank you Noob and BOTN!!
After being on the receiving end all last season, I can not tell you  how exciting it is to look at someone else's informed predictions and comment!

Please reference the below disclaimer...other than what I saw last year, Iand until I actually see anyone play, I have no  solid info to add, aside from a Devil's advocacy... I love preseason!

Noob wrote:Here are my season predictions for final standings

1) STING CENTRAL 00G (PARKER)  They are even stronger than before with the quality pickups
2) FC DALLAS 00G PREMIER  Picked up a lot of Flanny talent
-You HAVE to give us the scoop on the jump all up to #2 this year! What about:
A) Didn't sting pat picked up the Flanny talent
B) What place did that Flanny talent place last year, and how does it translate to this year? I know they had substantial cpp assistance (and team cpp turmoil) at the end of the season and state cup.
C) where'd FCD finish last year?

3) SOLAR CHELSEA ELITE 00G
4) ANDROMEDA FC 00G - PL :
5) STING 00G ROYAL BROWN
6) SOLAR CHELSEA 00G GOLD

The 2nd tier starts here... Interesting. Each match will definitely affect the rest of the season. It's been noted here that central, FCD, etc have greatly improved...any word on these teams? Any notable offseason additions and subtraction... Below brown is staking claim and aiming for a top 3 spot, but anyone from andro or SG have any prideful prognostication to add?
7) MUSTANGS FC 00G (BUSSEY)
Cool SOLAR CHELSEA 00G
9) AZTECS FC LADY AZTECS FC 00
10) STING WEST 00 (WEST)
11) STING NORTH 00G GARRETT
I am surprised by north being ranked this low...
12) DALLAS TEXANS 00G NORTH
13) STING 00G FERRETTI
14) STING DALLAS 00 PATULEA: LH did no favors with 1st season match, right into the fire with Solar Elite. I suspect they may start 0-0-1, but the 1st match back from a long offseason can offer surprises and upsets!  

backofthenet wrote:You're forcing my hand Noob Wink

1. Solar Elite
Mr. Sting Diplomatic, Not picking last year's league champion!? Lowering expectations cannot hide that they are the front runner for this year!
2. Sting Central (he really means #1)
2. Sting Brown
I guess unwritten implication is that brown added talent in offseason, but are they really going to challenge Central and Elite for the top spot? DO TELL!
4. Andro:
5. FCD:
obviously both you and Noob have inside information that you are NOT sharing
6. Mustangs
7. Solar Gold
No respect for SG in either poll! I'm sure D3's PH tendencies require him to publicly support this position, as to lower expectations... D3, We need some commentary on this ranking!
8. Aztecs
9. Solar Chelsea
10. Sting North
Hard to believe this team projected this low in both polls, below several LY's D2 teams? Obviously, more  inside information not being shared...
11. Sting West
12. Texans
13. Sting Ferretti
14. Sting Patulea
Last in both polls? Where's a-moose's predictions?
You two got to give us a little heads-up... Just between us girls- what do you know!?

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/08/15, 02:57 pm

I think SWW will do better than everyone is picking.

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 23/08/15, 03:03 pm

Not sure I can help you with classified info. Maybe Hillary can help you there. That said:

I think Elite is just that. I tend to believe they're the deepest and most consistent. No diplomacy here. Just the facts ma'am.

Central will be more of a "let's see how it goes". Will be top 3 IMO, but with questions. They won D2, burst onto the scene last year, but may hit the sophomore slump. Pressure will get to them I think.

Brown battled injury last year and stumbled out of the gates. They'll jump out early this year and finish 2/3. They're good.

Andro is also a study on steady. They tend not to turn over much which means comfort and familiarity and consistency.

FCD.....just a hunch I guess. Good coach. No way 2nd place as D3 predicts. 5th might be generous but I'll give FCD the benefit of the doubt. They did lose 2-3 of their best, but not sure the former Flanny's will make up for it. But until shown otherwise, I stay with FCD at 5.

6-10 is a toss up
11-15 as well

Pack, disclaimer is I don't know much. Justyntake on offseason movement.

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 23/08/15, 04:05 pm

backofthenet wrote:FCD.....just a hunch I guess. Good coach. No way 2nd place as D3 predicts. 5th might be generous but I'll give FCD the benefit of the doubt. They did lose 2-3 of their best, but not sure the former Flanny's will make up for it. But until shown otherwise, I stay with FCD at 5.

6-10 is a toss up
11-15 as well

Pack, disclaimer is I don't know much. Justyntake on offseason movement.

As Eddie Murphy said, "I told you baby, it wasn't me..." My predictions are below, so attribute that to Noob.

The following "groupings" are what I felt would have been last year...IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER...and I have no intel on anyone but us...We are very much the same.

1-2 Until someone beats them, Parker and Pulp are top 2...

3-6 Andro, Sting Brown, SG, and FCD...These were the next best 4 last year IMO...Andro could push top two if either slip and start rolling Ts instead of Ws. Brown could push if they are healthy and return to form. SG will find out if they were just the best in D2 or competitive with D1. FCD with some additions and consistency could push the top.

7-10 SWW, Bussey, Garrett, Hopkins...SWW and Bussey will push up if they can stay consistent and beat the former D2 teams. Garrett and Hopkins will push up if they stay healthy and picked up a few additions.

11-14 Aztecs, DTN, Sting Ferretti, Sting Feet...All will have changed somewhat, but I don't know what or who they added. I would expect each of these teams to have improved some, and any could surprise, but I don't know if any of them can challenge for the top...

Of course, any of these teams has enough quality to win games that they "shouldn't", and beating each other will be key.

I am most happy to see us all scheduled on same days which should limit intra-division CPP...

Again, I have no idea, so my list is basically where I thought teams were playing last year.

Translate away Pack...
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 23/08/15, 09:08 pm

I think there could be some surprises in the team rankings. Just not sure which way the winds will blow in this first set of games. It is hard to know how much teams have changed/improved. Just can't wait to see the results.
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by Havingfunyet 24/08/15, 12:25 pm

I would say that upsets need to happen in the first few weeks, and that will determine if any of these top 5 picks falls or bottom group rises. The LH schedule looks balanced for the first 5 games. This will help all teams see where they stand. Let the games begin!

Havingfunyet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 26/08/15, 10:17 am

Hmm, it appears that voting is trying to swing the path of early predictions. Do you think that heavy voting for under dogs will actually change a game outcome? ;-)
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/08/15, 10:50 am

Yes, forum polls are always 100% accurate, same as GotSoccer.

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 26/08/15, 06:39 pm

Lol!
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 29/08/15, 01:56 pm

Anyone else have scores? Solar Chelsea 4 Sting Ferretti 0. I also heard Andromeda 3 and Sting West 1 (but that may not be accurate)
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 29/08/15, 02:41 pm

Other than SG, d1 over D2
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 29/08/15, 03:16 pm

Dad, what does that mean?

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/08/15, 03:43 pm

All of last year's D1 teams beat all of last year's D2 team, with one exception. Solar Gold (D2 last year) beat Sting Garrett (d1 last year).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next