North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

JDL questions - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

JDL questions

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

JDL questions - Page 3 Empty Re: JDL questions

Post by Guest 03/06/16, 10:11 am

you want to try and fix US soccer?
lets try and get a QA team to anonymously monitor these coaches and their training/practices and maybe games and if they dont meet the standards set or curriculum suggested or even have certain licenses...they get dinged and the club has to pay a decent fine. Accountability is missing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/06/16, 10:13 am

miller287 wrote:Does anyone have any facts on this new league

I see that the 5 clubs that are ECNL get to have 2 teams in this new higher than Division 1 league. but all for development league. ( which pretty much takes PPL div 1 up to div 3 LH).  

10 teams is a good start.  9 games a season

Next thing I see advertised is that these will be standard roster teams--
Not a fluid roster that can be changed out with any player in the club week to week

So I am assuming... these players will be under the same CPP rules and be a separate division. Also LH has a good rule of one team per day.

any info would be helpful about this league

yeah....where are the details and facts?

Back to top Go down

Post by 46&2 03/06/16, 10:25 am

It's inside of a month until signing day, and the last update to the LHGCL site is the concussion/header rule change in March. They haven't even announced changes to roster min/max with the switch to 9v9.

I guess maybe they've unofficially told some DOC's to filter out through their coaches, but it's shockingly inadequate with the number of changes taking place.
46&2
46&2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/06/16, 10:29 am

thunderlipz wrote:
jogobonito06 wrote:
Vobaso wrote:If it is true that:

1. They're not keeping score
2. They're not ranking
3. They're only playing "top teams" each week for the same number of games as LHGCL
4. They can take risks without long term ramifications of losing games/ranking

What else is it about then if not for development? Spell it out for those of us who obviously can't see the obvious.

The problem in NTX is not that we keep score. It's that we don't have enough quality coaches who either don't know how or don't care to teach the game properly. It's not easy. It takes a certain skill set and loads of patience

Look around the coaching landscape in any age group.  Many of the exact same coaches will be taking their teams into JDL. The fact that no standings are kept will instantly turn them into Pep Guardiola?  Don't think so.

It's a very cleverly-designed tool to consolidate power in a format with fluid rosters. It's a good developmental coach's dream. It's also a great smokescreen for mediocrity.  Build it and they will come

Best post I've seen on here yet.

Instead of coaches selling parents and players on how good or great they can teach the game? They are now simply selling the fact they will be the top team for said club in this new league. I'm sorry, but just because a coach says he or she has the top team, does not make he or she a great coach and teacher of the game. I hear parents all the time brag and talk about their kids playing or wanting to play for the top team. News flash folks, it doesn't matter! Finding a coach that can teach the game at a very high level right now should be the premium, not what league the team is playing in!!

Hey Thunderlipz... Why so mad? "By October everyone will forget PDL exist. D1 will be the league as it has been for decades."

Also, since your DD is "Tops at her position here in NTX, has the pleasure of playing for one of the finest coaches in the country", why do you care what everyone else does? If anything, you should be quietly smiling a knowing grin because you've got it figured out for your DD while the rest of us sheep are just pi$$ing our $$ and our DD's soccer futures away chasing after fool's gold.

Right now, you just sound like someone who's upset because the cool kids are throwing a party and you weren't invited...

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderlipz 03/06/16, 10:29 am

That's by design, Clubs don't want you to have all the info ahead of signing day. Then that would mean everyone could make educated and realistic decisions. That's the last thing they want. Ha!

thunderlipz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderlipz 03/06/16, 10:37 am

bwgophers wrote:
thunderlipz wrote:
jogobonito06 wrote:

2. They're not ranking
3. They're only playing "top teams" each week for the same number of games as LHGCL

What else is it about then if not for development? Spell it out for those of us who obviously can't see the obvious.

The problem in NTX is not that we keep score. It's that we don't have enough quality coaches who either don't know how or don't care to teach the game properly. It's not easy. It takes a certain skill set and loads of patience

Look around the coaching landscape in any age group.  Many of the exact same coaches will be taking their teams into JDL. The fact that no standings are kept will instantly turn them into Pep Guardiola?  Don't think so.

It's a very cleverly-designed tool to consolidate power in a format with fluid rosters. It's a good developmental coach's dream. It's also a great smokescreen for mediocrity.  Build it and they will come

Best post I've seen on here yet.

Instead of coaches selling parents and players on how good or great they can teach the game? They are now simply selling the fact they will be the top team for said club in this new league. I'm sorry, but just because a coach says he or she has the top team, does not make he or she a great coach and teacher of the game. I hear parents all the time brag and talk about their kids playing or wanting to play for the top team. News flash folks, it doesn't matter! Finding a coach that can teach the game at a very high level right now should be the premium, not what league the team is playing in!!

Hey Thunderlipz...  Why so mad?  "By October everyone will forget PDL exist. D1 will be the league as it has been for decades."

Also, since your DD is "Tops at her position here in NTX, has the pleasure of playing for one of the finest coaches in the country", why do you care what everyone else does?  If anything, you should be quietly smiling a knowing grin because you've got it figured out for your DD while the rest of us sheep are just pi$$ing our $$ and our DD's soccer futures away chasing after fool's gold.

Right now, you just sound like someone who's upset because the cool kids are throwing a party and you weren't invited...
Awww, you got me BWG. Those are my opinions, don't confuse mad with disappointed. Most importantly my DD is in a great spot, and that's what sheep do, stand around and say nothing, not me captain G.

Better question for you is? Why do you care? Isn't your DD an 01 ECNL player who this has no impact on? Or are you just that excited to start a new JDL FBR?

thunderlipz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Read_These_Nikes 03/06/16, 10:56 am

2. They're not ranking

It's called marketing! These clubs will sell you on exactly what YOU want them to sell you on and some of what you don't! Sheep don't know any better! Ok, this is how it works, the more players you bring in, the more money follows them! Its a shame someone has to spell it out for you.

They're not keeping score. As long as there's a game being played trust me everyone will be keeping score! How else will the sheep know they picked the right coach!

They're not ranking? Have you been to the pool practices??? Each club is forming two teams based on player skill set and potential (Ranking!). Each girl is literally a number (Ranking)! Each club will have a team they RANK as the #1 team and #2 team (Ranking!).

They're only playing "top teams"... That remains to be seen!

Last I checked these teams will still be participating in tournaments. O' yea RANK!
Read_These_Nikes
Read_These_Nikes
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 03/06/16, 11:06 am

Read_These_Nikes wrote:

2. They're not ranking

It's called marketing! These clubs will sell you on exactly what YOU want them to sell you on and some of what you don't! Sheep don't know any better! Ok, this is how it works, the more players you bring in, the more money follows them! Its a shame someone has to spell it out for you.

They're not keeping score. As long as there's a game being played trust me everyone will be keeping score! How else will the sheep know they picked the right coach!

They're not ranking? Have you been to the pool practices??? Each club is forming two teams based on player skill set and potential (Ranking!). Each girl is literally a number (Ranking)! Each club will have a team they RANK as the #1 team and #2 team (Ranking!).

They're only playing "top teams"... That remains to be seen!

Last I checked these teams will still be participating in tournaments. O' yea RANK!
Yeah, that one made me chuckle too. In the '04 & '05 divisions of LH this last year, non-ECNL clubs won grand-champion. I guess "top teams" means some top teams but not all.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/06/16, 11:17 am

thunderlipz wrote:
Awww, you got me BWG. Those are my opinions, don't confuse mad with disappointed. Most importantly my DD is in a great spot, and that's what sheep do, stand around and say nothing, not me captain G.

Better question for you is? Why do you care? Isn't your DD an 01 ECNL player who this has no impact on? Or are you just that excited to start a new JDL FBR?

Well, my opinion is there is way too much emotion in your rhetoric to confuse disappointed with mad.

'01? Yes. ECNL? Nope. LH.

...and I don't care. I just like to be informed so that I can make good decisions for my DD. All of my info on JDL came along for free as I was getting info on all of the other stuff going on that might affect my DD.

Just calling things as I see them, which has generally been my MO on this forum.

Not sure if JDL/PDL/ChL/NPL will be good or bad, either for my DD, or for NTX soccer as a whole. I'm just going to let it play out, and stay as informed as possible so the I can look after my DD's best interests. I do know that I'm not the least bit surprised that things have gone this route. Frankly, I hope the clubs and/or leagues put measures in place to limit dual rostering and teams playing in both JDL/LH, but I still think there will be some overzealous parents and possibly coaches, that will find a way to have a foothold in both.

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderlipz 03/06/16, 11:39 am

bwgophers wrote:
thunderlipz wrote:

Well, my opinion is there is way too much emotion in your rhetoric to confuse disappointed with mad.

'01?  Yes.  ECNL?  Nope. LH.

...and I don't care.  I just like to be informed so that I can make good decisions for my DD.  All of my info on JDL came along for free as I was getting info on all of the other stuff going on that might affect my DD.  

Just calling things as I see them, which has generally been my MO on this forum.

Not sure if JDL/PDL/ChL/NPL will be good or bad, either for my DD, or for NTX soccer as a whole.  I'm just going to let it play out, and stay as informed as possible so the I can look after my DD's best interests.  I do know that I'm not the least bit surprised that things have gone this route.  Frankly, I hope the clubs and/or leagues put measures in place to limit dual rostering and teams playing in both JDL/LH, but I still think there will be some overzealous parents and possibly coaches, that will find a way to have a foothold in both.
So you equate emotion to anger, how about passion? As you can see by the post and view count most are not informed as we are. Why do you think that is? Maybe they don't know the right people, or the right places to look or maybe because the info isn't readily available like it should be. I think it's clear by now this new league has not been presented as it will end up. Thunders emotion and passion is what makes him. I'm informed because I ask questions, and I bypass the status quo. With that being said, I do care. Why be a sheep when you can be a wolf?

thunderlipz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jogobonito06 03/06/16, 11:43 am

SD69 wrote:
Yeah, that one made me chuckle too. In the '04 & '05 divisions of LH this last year, non-ECNL clubs won grand-champion. I guess "top teams" means some top teams but not all.

Oh man, the concept of "team" is so '90's....bet you think old-fashioned ideas like "parent choice" still apply too.

It's a new world. You sign with the mighty CLUB, not a coach. The CLUB knows best. It's like a $5k spin on the roulette wheel. You could get one of our excellent developmental staffers OR we could move you to the guy who can't teach a dog to eat a pork chop!! Come one, come all!!

But, shhhhh, don't tell anyone yet. The idea is so new here we still have to pitch it like you get to choose your coach and your team - just like the good old days. Until we get 'em signed. You have to soften your mark a little bit at a time.
jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/06/16, 12:06 pm

thunderlipz wrote:
So you equate emotion to anger, how about passion? As you can see by the post and view count most are not informed as we are. Why do you think that is? Maybe they don't know the right people, or the right places to look or maybe because the info isn't readily available like it should be. I think it's clear by now this new league has not been presented as it will end up. Thunders emotion and passion is what makes him. I'm informed because I ask questions, and I bypass the status quo. With that being said, I do care. Why be a sheep when you can be a wolf?

Won't disagree with passionate, but after going back and re-reading your post history on this subject a couple of times, I'm sticking with my previously stated opinion...

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderlipz 03/06/16, 12:18 pm

bwgophers wrote:
thunderlipz wrote:

Won't disagree with passionate, but after going back and re-reading your post history on this subject a couple of times, I'm sticking with my previously stated opinion...
It's your opinion, right or wrong. I'm just glad you re-read my post several times. Coming from you that's a compliment B!!

Now I feel like one of the cool kids!!

thunderlipz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakedad 03/06/16, 01:29 pm

Lefty wrote:I think we have way more than enough soccer coaches, but not nearly enough soccer teachers and trainers.

Most all the coaches measure their success on game outcome

+1

But at the same time, I know a lot of good teachers that can't keep kids on their team. When coaches are motivated by development and not by wins, that can conflict with the parent driven market where wins=success=perceived development.

Lakedad
Lakedad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by banana kick 03/06/16, 01:38 pm

Does anyone know, even roughly, when we'll know exactly what JDL/LH will look like next year? I've heard the details are still being discussed. For how much longer?
banana kick
banana kick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vobaso 03/06/16, 02:26 pm

So, to be perfectly honest, this all seems like a bunch of whining over change. I do have one question that might dispel an assumption:

Does anyone here who is against this new JDL also have a DD who will be included on one of these teams? I'd like to hear from someone whose DD is on one of these teams. So far, the people with whom I've spoken who are against it are also not included.

Vobaso
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by miller287 03/06/16, 03:23 pm

My DD is on a team that will be in this league and Coach has very few details about how it works. The word Development pops out a lot though..

I feel this is more of a free ride D1 ultimate LH giveaway..but I could be wrong

I am against this if it is just that- where the ecnl clubs get guaranteed revenue knowing they can sell this Pass to players each year as the upper crust.

(ALSO all comments of mine are coming from the vague details that have been offered)

If it is about development, then I do not know why she would not be able to compete in games that mattered, why this is not labeled as a Scrimmage league -- definitely a good selling point for the club, the tryouts have been packed.

miller287
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 46&2 03/06/16, 03:29 pm

I also have a DD on one of the 'included teams' and to this point, I don't have enough details from coach, club or league to know whether to be for it or against it. Information would be nice!
46&2
46&2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Read_These_Nikes 03/06/16, 03:43 pm

In marketing its called rebranding. Revamp the packaging with fancy cover art, reduce the amount of servings, and increase the price! But the product itself is still the same!
Read_These_Nikes
Read_These_Nikes
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jogobonito06 03/06/16, 04:08 pm

We are included at this point. Not for or against. Just see it for what it is

jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerKick 03/06/16, 04:24 pm

Totally agree.

I see this is another way that the gang of five work together to suck in all the talents.

For parents there is less choice, and only a few coaches of the 10 teams are really focusing on developing.

Overall it is a bad move for most players' development.

Read_These_Nikes wrote:In marketing its called rebranding. Revamp the packaging with fancy cover art, reduce the amount of servings, and increase the price! But the product itself is still the same!

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vobaso 03/06/16, 05:18 pm

Not sure I get how there is less choice unless you must have your DD be in one of the five clubs. It seems to me if you're against it, then don't participate. Play with a non-ECNL club. Pretty simple. If you do like it, then join one of those if your DD is accepted.

As far as I'm concerned, the biggest problem is the lack of details regarding how it's going to work. Many questions, few answers. I read a lot commentary that sounds like more disdain over being excluded rather than it being bad. How can you call it bad if you don't know all the details?

Vobaso
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Dread Pirate 03/06/16, 05:46 pm

Well hopefully the DOCs and LH sort it all out today at the big meeting and finalize the specifics.  Then maybe someone can leak the info to us, since a timely and detailed communique from the league is not expected (at least by me).  Signing Day is still 27 WHOLE days away, so what's the rush? SMH
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 04/06/16, 07:38 am

Dread Pirate wrote:Well hopefully the DOCs and LH sort it all out today at the big meeting and finalize the specifics.  Then maybe someone can leak the info to us, since a timely and detailed communique from the league is not expected (at least by me).  Signing Day is still 27 WHOLE days away, so what's the rush? SMH

Information is power.  

The people who need to know already know, and there is no reason for them to give away any more information until it benefits them.

If there was any benefit to them by you knowing more, you would already know more.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by banana kick 04/06/16, 08:43 am

Lefty wrote:
Dread Pirate wrote:Well hopefully the DOCs and LH sort it all out today at the big meeting and finalize the specifics.  Then maybe someone can leak the info to us, since a timely and detailed communique from the league is not expected (at least by me).  Signing Day is still 27 WHOLE days away, so what's the rush? SMH

Information is power.  

The people who need to know already know, and there is no reason for them to give away any more information until it benefits them.

If there was any benefit to them by you knowing more, you would already know more.

Very true and disappointingly so
banana kick
banana kick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by playerpass666 05/06/16, 02:21 pm

PowerKick wrote:Totally agree.

I see this is another way that the gang of five work together to suck in all the talents.

For parents there is less choice, and only a few coaches of the 10 teams are really focusing on developing.

Overall it is a bad move for most players' development.

Read_These_Nikes wrote:In marketing its called rebranding. Revamp the packaging with fancy cover art, reduce the amount of servings, and increase the price! But the product itself is still the same!

MS will figure it out and make your DD a soccer god. Mark my words.
playerpass666
playerpass666
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next