North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

How DA changes affect 06s? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

How DA changes affect 06s?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How DA changes affect 06s? Empty How DA changes affect 06s?

Post by PowerKick 10/04/17, 09:17 am

With Sting quiting DA, the 06s landscape seems more interesting, especially the Sting Black's movement.

ECNL is going to come down to U13 so there is a big chance DA will follow suite, which leave this age group only one year to prepare.

DTS is in a sweetie position because of their location.

Solar has Solar Red and Black, both are equally good, the question is which team Solar would select as their Pre-DA team?

Where Sting Black's players to go? Are they going to stay Sting? with AG?

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

How DA changes affect 06s? Empty Re: How DA changes affect 06s?

Post by 06Southgirl 10/04/17, 09:55 am

It's Monday so help me with the sweetie position? I haven't had caffeine yet.
06Southgirl
06Southgirl
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerKick 10/04/17, 01:31 pm

06southgirl wrote:It's Monday so help me with the sweetie position?  I haven't had caffeine yet.

Sweetie position means you guys on the far west while others on the east Very Happy

I think Sting Black will be blown away, just my prediction but never mind if not, they have other options too.

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/04/17, 04:51 pm

It's hard to see how this doesn't rock the boat. My money is on SB migrating to FC Dallas. I can't see them moving to the Texans or Solar.

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 10/04/17, 04:54 pm

Shake_and_Bake wrote:It's hard to see how this doesn't rock the boat.  My money is on SB migrating to FC Dallas.    I can't see them moving to the Texans or Solar.

Why move? To eventually be the 06 DA team? Sure, it may ultimately make sense for some of those girls to go to a DA club. But what's the rush? In any event, from what I hear, SB may not be the full-SB much longer. Any truth to that rumor?

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/04/17, 05:07 pm

In any event, from what I hear, SB may not be the full-SB much longer.  Any truth to that rumor?

Be more specific.

Back to top Go down

Post by jogobonito06 10/04/17, 05:10 pm

Shake_and_Bake wrote:It's hard to see how this doesn't rock the boat.  My money is on SB migrating to FC Dallas.    I can't see them moving to the Texans or Solar.

Don't think their 'coaches' meet FCD licensing 'requirements'. Laughing
jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard 10/04/17, 05:10 pm

The first rule of Blackstar is...YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT BLACKSTAR
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/04/17, 05:15 pm

soccertard wrote:The first rule of Blackstar is...YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT BLACKSTAR

That was examined in another thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerKick 10/04/17, 05:19 pm

ForReal wrote:

Why move? To eventually be the 06 DA team?  Sure, it may ultimately make sense for some of those girls to go to a DA club.  But what's the rush?  

I think majority of the SB girls (or whoever on the top of the nation) would like to play in DA. With just one year left it is no brainer to move if Sting cannot provide.

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 10/04/17, 05:30 pm

PowerKick wrote:
ForReal wrote:

Why move? To eventually be the 06 DA team?  Sure, it may ultimately make sense for some of those girls to go to a DA club.  But what's the rush?  

I think majority of the SB girls (or whoever on the top of the nation) would like to play in DA. With just one year left it is no brainer to move if Sting cannot provide.

They are 10 and 11.  What they think they might want now could very well change.  I just don't see the need to move now.  If they are good enough at the time, any club will take them even if they haven't been there for a year.  

But I guess this reasoning is why ECNL worked as a recruiting tool and then JDL somewhat worked as a recruiting tool. Parents feel the need to rush to the club that may one day provide the opportunity the parents feel the kids will deserve.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by weeblewobble 11/04/17, 07:12 am

That's the puzzle. Those who were inside didn't have motives and those with motives couldn't get inside.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 11/04/17, 08:08 am

ForReal wrote:

They are 10 and 11.  What they think they might want now could very well change.  I just don't see the need to move now.  If they are good enough at the time, any club will take them even if they haven't been there for a year.  

But I guess this reasoning is why ECNL worked as a recruiting tool and then JDL somewhat worked as a recruiting tool. Parents feel the need to rush to the club that may one day provide the opportunity the parents feel the kids will deserve.

Find the best coach for your kids now, if they good enough, they will make whatever team in the future.  Too many parents swallow hook line and sinker on the notion that getting there early will be the difference maker.  A dd that can play will be the difference maker.  Those Sting Black girls, if they want DA, won't be turned away because they didnt get to the BIG 3 early enough, some could walk in last day and a roster spot would be made, probably kicking out a girl there for 3 years and those parents wont understand why....smh.
boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 11/04/17, 09:07 am

boilerjoe_96 wrote:
ForReal wrote:

Find the best coach for your kids now, if they good enough, they will make whatever team in the future.  Too many parents swallow hook line and sinker on the notion that getting there early will be the difference maker.  A dd that can play will be the difference maker.  Those Sting Black girls, if they want DA, won't be turned away because they didnt get to the BIG 3 early enough, some could walk in last day and a roster spot would be made, probably kicking out a girl there for 3 years and those parents wont understand why....smh.

What??!??  Are you kidding me?  Where were you years ago when my dd started in Academy?

Biggest selling point those rec academy coaches had was "you will be part of an ECNL club" with the "inside track" when that time comes, since you play for the club.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/04/17, 09:35 am

boilerjoe_96 wrote:
ForReal wrote:

The reason to move is typically not driven by parents. To use one of the most over used phrases on the board, it's business. The coach capitalizes on supply/demand. The club rolls out the red carpet, labels the new team "Ultra Elite," heaps some praise on the parents and everyone buys it. The question is will SB follow AG if she decides to take the "it" team. She is clearly good at her job. If she can make more money doing it, why not?

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 11/04/17, 09:58 am

Shake_and_Bake wrote:
boilerjoe_96 wrote:
ForReal wrote:

The reason to move is typically not driven by parents.  To use one of the most over used phrases on the board, it's business.  The coach capitalizes on supply/demand.  The club rolls out the red carpet, labels the new team "Ultra Elite," heaps some praise on the parents and everyone buys it.  The question is will SB follow AG if she decides to take the "it" team.  She is clearly good at her job.  If she can make more money doing it, why not?

We talking different moves. Coach moving, yes business. Parents moving their own dd, being sold ECNL/DA 3 or 4 years away is what I'm addressing.
boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/04/17, 10:09 am

boilerjoe_96 wrote: some could walk in last day and a roster spot would be made, probably kicking out a girl there for 3 years and those parents wont understand why....smh.

I sure hope you are right. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Blues Fan 11/04/17, 10:47 am

Reputations are sometimes hard to overcome!
Blues Fan
Blues Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerKick 11/04/17, 11:30 am

boilerjoe_96 wrote: some could walk in last day and a roster spot would be made, probably kicking out a girl there for 3 years and those parents wont understand why....smh.

Yes, you can walk in the last day and take that spot, only if

1. Your dd is as good as the top 5 on that DA team
2. She is better than the current player who plays the same position,
3. She is healthy, focus and aggressive on that day.

However for most of us our dd may be fall in between #6~#26 if she is that good, it is really very hard to diff them around that kind of ranking. At this situation, the DA coach would much like to pick the players who he know better.

Example, DA coach pulp may well trust DA2 coach colv's recommendation and like to pick the players who train with his team even though the player is on DA2, or with another team in the same club.  

Once again, if your dd is top 10 in her age group, you can do whatever you want. However to most of us, to get in earlier make a lot of sense.

Last edited by PowerKick on 11/04/17, 12:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/04/17, 12:00 pm

PowerKick wrote:
boilerjoe_96 wrote:some could walk in last day and a roster spot would be made, probably kicking out a girl there for 3 years and those parents wont understand why....smh.

I assume your dd in one of the top 10 players in her age group by saying so. 

However for most of us our dd may be fall in between #6~#26 if she is that good, it is really very hard to diff them around that kind of ranking. At this situation, the DA coach would much like to pick the players who he know better.

Example, DA coach pulp may well trust DA2 coach colv's recommendation and like to pick the players who train with his team even though the player is on DA2, or with another team in the same club.  

Once again, if your dd is top 10 in her age group, you can do whatever you want. However to most of us, to get in earlier make a lot of sense.
So true. Most top teams, especially at the younger ages are bolstered up by the top 2-3 players, the rest are interchangeable with a whole host of athletes.  The other thing parents need to heed is, just because your kid is the bomb at 10, 11, 12 years old, does not correlate at all to being that at 16-17.  Being able to play as a team and in a system is a huge factor. Usually the ones that matured physically faster than others, the biggest, fastest, are top dog at the younger ages. The good coaches know this, and know what they are looking at and doing.

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 11/04/17, 12:06 pm

PowerKick wrote:

I assume your dd in one of the top 10 players in her age group by saying so.

My dd irrelevant to this discussion as I was discussing Sting Black girls(the part you didnt quote) in my very long run-on sentence, so please re-read that.   "Some" references 'some' Sting Black players, but 'some' of those are certainly top 10 06 players.

To address in general(not SB players)  you don't have to be top 10 player in age group to push another out.  In a perfectly performing marketplace, 3 times the avg roster size , that want to play(this is also key), will make the teams.  So round numbers, 20 per roster, so if you are in top 60 you should make a team(parent and other issues aside).  Sure if your dd in the 50-60 range you might have to switch clubs, but if your kid a top 30(wild guess here) player, she going to make any of the 3 teams(unless 1 particularly loaded, which leaves a starter spot on other 2).  Up to her at that point to earn the time on field through practices and games, not just at tryout.

My guess is not 100% of the top 60 do DA.  Don't know what that number is, but many will want to play other sports.  So maybe if a dd is the 80th best player she makes a DA roster, if 20 or more girls opt to play high school sports.
boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerKick 11/04/17, 12:18 pm

boilerjoe_96 wrote:
PowerKick wrote:

My dd irrelevant to this discussion as I was discussing Sting Black girls(the part you didnt quote) in my very long run-on sentence, so please re-read that.   "Some" references 'some' Sting Black players, but 'some' of those are certainly top 10 06 players.

To address in general(not SB players)  you don't have to be top 10 player in age group to push another out.  In a perfectly performing marketplace, 3 times the avg roster size , that want to play(this is also key), will make the teams.  So round numbers, 20 per roster, so if you are in top 60 you should make a team(parent and other issues aside).  Sure if your dd in the 50-60 range you might have to switch clubs, but if your kid a top 30(wild guess here) player, she going to make any of the 3 teams(unless 1 particularly loaded, which leaves a starter spot on other 2).  Up to her at that point to earn the time on field through practices and games, not just at tryout.

My guess is not 100% of the top 60 do DA.  Don't know what that number is, but many will want to play other sports.  So maybe if a dd is the 80th best player she makes a DA roster, if 20 or more girls opt to play high school sports.

I am sorry by saying your dd, just removed it from my last post.

I would say for the players between 20~100, there is no big difference, and their performance vary from week to week. For those, how can you let the coach know you better is critical and to get in earlier is better way to achieve so.

For the Sting Black players, I think may be 3 could make into the top 10, and another 3 between 11~20. The rest (more than half) still fall into the 20~100 range, who has very little chance to take any spot on the last day, if not exposed to that coach previously.

BTW, I think DA is dual year, so only the top 30 in a age group can make it DA, is that right?

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 11/04/17, 12:23 pm

PowerKick wrote:
boilerjoe_96 wrote:
PowerKick wrote:

I am sorry by saying your dd, just removed it from my last post.

I would say for the players between 20~100, there is no big difference, and their performance vary from week to week. For those, how can you let the coach know you better is critical and to get in earlier is better way to achieve so.

For the Sting Black players, I think may be 3 could make into the top 10, and another 3 between 11~20. The rest (more than half) still fall into the 20~100 range, who has very little chance to take any spot on the last day, if not exposed to that coach previously.

BTW, I think DA is dual year, so only the top 30 in a age group can make it DA, is that right?

So, you need to persuade SB's 3 in the top 10 to move now. Otherwise, what becomes of SB? Has anyone on SB asked what the top 3 are doing next year despite the announcement of no DA?

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/04/17, 12:37 pm

ForReal wrote:So, you need to persuade SB's 3 in the top 10 to move now.  Otherwise, what becomes of SB?  Has anyone on SB asked what the top 3 are doing next year despite the announcement of no DA?

Playing volleyball with Foxysoccermom.

You said there was a rumor about SB earlier, just come out and say it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest101 11/04/17, 12:42 pm

There is no such thing as club allegiance to players who "get in early".  If you were to  take a poll of parents with current ECNL players, you will find that several players who played DII/DIII LH at U11/U12 are now starting in ECNL.  

Whether players "get in early" or not does not absolve them from competing for a roster spot.  There will be players who no longer compete, and fall out of love for the game.  There will also be those players who play the game at a younger age but really start to fall in love with soccer at the older ages.  Some of the parents who are boasting now will be the same ones trolling the sidelines for an ear to bend when "little Cindy" burns out.

Guest101
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next