North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

07 LHGCL QT Predictions Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

07 LHGCL QT Predictions

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

07 LHGCL QT Predictions Empty 07 LHGCL QT Predictions

Post by Treinador3 25/07/17, 11:59 am

On to the more mundane things in the 07 world:

S - Fever
T - Gonzalez
U - Alonso
V - Byars
W - Bean
X - Rundell
Y - Mays

Wildcards:
Formacao
Parsons
Tenbrink

Treinador3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

07 LHGCL QT Predictions Empty Re: 07 LHGCL QT Predictions

Post by soccertard 25/07/17, 12:07 pm

I'd rather talk about kids being mean, and KW being like a bowl of fruit loops.
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GK dad07 25/07/17, 01:07 pm

I think the more interesting thing is going to be the second placers in the tiers. There's a lot of variation in the 2, 3 and 4 spots.
GK dad07
GK dad07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by centre 25/07/17, 02:04 pm

I'll move mine from the other thread. [*are not the top seeds]

S- *Solar Quiroz
T- Solar Gonzalez
U- LP Alonso
V- Solar Byars
W- FCD West
X- Solar Rundell
Y- *Kicks/Feet Formacao

Top 2nds
(S) Fever
(X) Sting Parsons
(Y) Txns North

centre wrote:
Group S
Poor Fever. They were up 2-0 on Sting North Larry on Sunday. Larry put in two and got in on goal diff. No problem for Fever; they're the number one seed. Except Solar SRSA lite Quiroz is #15. Quiroz got edged 1-0 by both DTS and LP Alonso (who drew 1-1 on Sunday) but ended up with the highest goal diff. in group G.

I think Solar wins the group with Fever getting in D1 with the best second place finish.

Group T
Solar Gonzalez has been on a tear in post-season. Their only blemishes are a scoreless draw with Sting Larry in Flamefest, 1-4 loss to LP Alonso in Tut, and a 2-3 loss to Selecao/Feet JDL last weekend.

Heinz looks good for that top second place finisher on paper, but will the mess last weekend stay in their head?

Group U
LP Alonso should take this one. Celtic has a history of outscoring their peers and keeping it close in losses to good teams. They stumbled in Tut but are capable of maxing out against the bottom teams in this group and driving up the goal diff. to challenge for that top 2nd spot.

Group V
Solar Byars had to come back this weekend after dropping a tough 1-0 match to FCD Premier, but they should cruise.

Group W
FCD West/Bean jumped to Platinum in Tut. They didn't get a W but didn't get crushed. They'd be an easy D2 but should get in to the supergroup.

Santos is capable of good play, but I think their only road into D1 would be a draw with Bean, which will be more difficult with full halves this weekend. I think Santos would have a tough time driving up their goal diff in the other two games to get a D1 spot.

Group X
Unlucky all around. Rundell and Parsons are both solid. I think Rundell takes it, but it will be a battle. It will be tough to get a top 2nd place finish in this group because 4th seed FCD East Red would beat most 3 seeds. They came out of group G  with 1-0 losses to DTS and LP Alonso. 3rd seed LP Callaghan also suffered QT bracket misfortune, having been placed in the combined bracket last weekend. I think FCD East Red and LP Callaghan would get into D3 if there was a third weekend, but Callaghan will probably be left out.

Group Y
This group will be last weekend's group G.

North got their seed with a 1-0 win over Heinz. Formacao gave up a late equalizer to Solar Rundell. This might be the most competitive matchup of the weekend. Strube isn't going to lay down and concede third place and will look to take points out of each matchup. Fourth seed Solar Llamas drew with Santos and lost 1-0 to Celtic Mayes and is capable of spoiling a couple teams' weekend.

centre
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 25/07/17, 02:51 pm

I'll play:

and Ill split some difference with you two.

S - Fever
T - Gonzalez
U - Alonso
V - Byars
W - Bean
X - Rundell
Y - Formacao

Top 2nds
(S) SRSA Lite with Quiroz guests Laughing Laughing
(X) Sting Parsons
(W) Kicks Santos

boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by stellablue 25/07/17, 02:59 pm

Bracket winner 1st:

(S) Fever + Quiroz
(T) Solar
(U) Liverpool
(V) Solar Byars
(W) D'Feeters Santos + FC Dallas West
(X) Solar + Sting Parsons
(Y) D'Feeters Formacao
stellablue
stellablue
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/07/17, 03:15 pm

I heard there was a fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by GK dad07 25/07/17, 04:07 pm

Not cool dude, not cool. lol
GK dad07
GK dad07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 7WhiskeyPapa 25/07/17, 07:35 pm

S -- Fever
T -- Solar Gonalez (Sting Heinz getting a top 2nd)
U -- LP Alonso
V -- Solar Byars
W -- FCD Bean (Kicks Santos as a top 2nd)
X -- Solar Rundell
Y -- Kicks Formacao

The third 2nd place is either Celtic Mayes or Texans Mays. I pick Celtic only because they can max out the two lower seed games.

7WhiskeyPapa
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 7WhiskeyPapa 25/07/17, 07:44 pm

Most people are picking Texans North Mays, which would give the Texans 4 for 4 in Division 1.
Sting needs Heinz or Parsons to get 2 of 4.
Solar looks to get 5 of 7 in Division 1.
FCD is looking at 4 of 8,
D'Feeters/Kicks might get 3 of 4.

With Liverpool and Fever taking 2 spots.

7WhiskeyPapa
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccermomsoccer 26/07/17, 09:11 am

(S) Fever
(T) Tallal (going for the underdog)
(U) LP Alonso
(V) Solar Byars
(W) D'Feeters Santos
(X) Sting Parsons
(Y) D'Feeters Formacao

Soccermomsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BOSKO2306 26/07/17, 10:59 am

I am still trying to figure it out how did my team end up with 2 top 2nd places teams. Like centre said, my girls got unlucky twice, but they will do their best to win games, no matter who they play. Personally, i think LH dont like fcd teams from east.

Good luck to all teams.
Coach Bosko

BOSKO2306
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 7WhiskeyPapa 26/07/17, 01:14 pm

I typed a whole thing looking at the wrong team. I'll try again. LH reseeding based on the first week of qualifying can lead to some strange brackets. Solar Byars is not the 4th best team remaining, but they were shut out in the final game, so their point total was low.

Same thing happened when Sting Parsons tied their first game and was shut out in the final game. They aren't only the 9th best team remaining, but their points from one weekend put them there, which puts you in the toughest bracket (X) from the perspective of the 3rd or 4th seed. The top two teams were originally seeded 11 and 17. Next is brackets are Y and W.

Of course, brackets W, X, and Y are supposed to be harder than brackets S, T, U, and V. Given that, bracket T has a claim for the worst luck.

As for treatment of teams from the east, it's an interesting topic. I have heard this complaint before about teams from the west. (Though the seeding in this case was done based on numbers with no room for dislike....)

Anyway, good luck to you. You played Texans and LP Alonso tight. Keep it up. (Unfortunately for you, a 4-3 loss is deemed significantly better than a 1-0 loss under the points system we use.)

7WhiskeyPapa
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by wittymgr 26/07/17, 01:47 pm

7WhiskeyPapa wrote:Solar Byars is not the 4th best team remaining, but they were shut out in the final game, so their point total was low.

Same thing happened when Sting Parsons tied their first game and was shut out in the final game.  They aren't only the 9th best team remaining, but their points from one weekend put them there, which puts you in the toughest bracket (X) from the perspective of the 3rd or 4th seed.  The top two teams were originally seeded 11 and 17.  Next is brackets are Y and W.  
I find these kind of comments perplexing. Saying that Solar Byers isn't the 4th best team remaining is based on what? Their prior record, with or without "help"? Don't their current first week results count? Of course they didn't play every other team in the event, but what other measure is to be used? Same can be said of any of these teams. Once you take out the top 4 or 5 teams from this group, there is a big log jam in the middle based on prior records, and the "on any given day" scenario should rule. In the end, what's decided on the field is usually the best indicator of the current relative development of each team.

"Win and you're in..."
wittymgr
wittymgr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 7WhiskeyPapa 26/07/17, 02:56 pm

I would argue that the first week's results count, but not exclusively -- at least when arguing who is better on a soccer forum, most people think a larger body of work is a better indicator than a single weekend. You are certainly free to disagree.

That said, this system does a pretty good job, and I wasn't suggesting something different. Just noting the consequences inherent in the system. That is part of why I find this process fascinating. As you said, win and you're in. This whole process IS based on the "any given day" scenario (which itself is based on the idea that a worse team can beat a better team on any given day -- though you seem to suggest that the winning team is always the better team?)

7WhiskeyPapa
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by centre 26/07/17, 03:40 pm

BOSKO2306 wrote:I am still trying to figure it out how did my team end up with 2 top 2nd places teams. Like centre said, my girls got unlucky twice, but they will do their best to win games, no matter who they play. Personally, i think LH dont like fcd teams from east.

Good luck to all teams.
Coach Bosko

Group G last weekend.
1. DTS- 21 points- +3 goal diff.
2. LP Alonso- 20 points- +2 goal diff.
3. Solar SR Acad Quiroz- 9 points- +2 goal diff.
4. FCD East Red- 1 point- -7 goal diff.

There were about five plays in each game that could've flipped that group upside down.

The top and bottom groups are seeded on the turn (1-10 going down, 11-20 going up, 21-30 going down...), so there will be less disparity between 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, etc. depending on position. A tough group last weekend put you on the turn this weekend (Rundell and LP Callaghan were also on the turn last weekend). Good news is you're playing Rundell without extras. Bad news is it's still Rundell. Parsons stumbled early last weekend, but they can play and score.

You didn't just keep DTS and Alonso from scoring; you kept them from shooting. You can lock it down when you want to lock it down. But look at the QT game. You have two tough opponents Saturday who will want to be their best for each other Sunday. You might find yourself in the second half of each match with the wind and an opportunity to put 2-3 in the net. That would set the table for a pretty good Sunday.

centre
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Foley 26/07/17, 04:12 pm

centre wrote:
BOSKO2306 wrote:I am still trying to figure it out how did my team end up with 2 top 2nd places teams. Like centre said, my girls got unlucky twice, but they will do their best to win games, no matter who they play. Personally, i think LH dont like fcd teams from east.

Good luck to all teams.
Coach Bosko

Group G last weekend.
1. DTS- 21 points- +3 goal diff.
2. LP Alonso- 20 points- +2 goal diff.
3. Solar SR Acad Quiroz- 9 points- +2 goal diff.
4. FCD East Red- 1 point- -7 goal diff.

There were about five plays in each game that could've flipped that group upside down.

The top and bottom groups are seeded on the turn (1-10 going down, 11-20 going up, 21-30 going down...), so there will be less disparity between 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, etc. depending on position. A tough group last weekend put you on the turn this weekend (Rundell and LP Callaghan were also on the turn last weekend). Good news is you're playing Rundell without extras. Bad news is it's still Rundell. Parsons stumbled early last weekend, but they can play and score.

You didn't just keep DTS and Alonso from scoring; you kept them from shooting. You can lock it down when you want to lock it down. But look at the QT game. You have two tough opponents Saturday who will want to be their best for each other Sunday. You might find yourself in the second half of each match with the wind and an opportunity to put 2-3 in the net. That would set the table for a pretty good Sunday.

Or we can not beat around the bush and just come out and say it.  What makes you think your team is D1 worthy?  No offense, but I don't.  Beat the Lp team(ranked 30th), steal their spot, take D3 and go home happy.  You were 32nd on the last FBR, means you have work to do to make top 30 if accurate.  You sneak in D1 like Fusion last year and it will be a very long year with a high chance your team blows up.  D3 is where the team should be, but that will be determined with 1 game vs LP. 1 game for all the marbles, no pressure.

As far as Byars:  I would say we don't know how good the Byars team is, is this the LH team or JDL team?  Based on score of 4-1 vs FCD Premier in TUT, to 0-1 in QT without help, perhaps the SRSA CM was a 4 goal difference maker and Byars still over seeded, not under.  If rostered, I bet we can count on SRSA showing to help if they had some in reserve, to bad the CM is rostered elsewhere. D3 would be embarrassing, but SRSA or JDL help delivers D1 imho.
Axel Foley
Axel Foley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GK dad07 26/07/17, 05:21 pm

Axel Foley wrote:As far as Byars:  I would say we don't know how good the Byars team is, is this the LH team or JDL team?  Based on score of 4-1 vs FCD Premier in TUT, to 0-1 in QT without help, perhaps the SRSA CM was a 4 goal difference maker and Byars still over seeded, not under.  If rostered, I bet we can count on SRSA showing to help if they had some in reserve, to bad the CM is rostered elsewhere. D3 would be embarrassing, but SRSA or JDL help delivers D1 imho.

I would have to disagree in so far as Byars had the exact same roster for Tut as they did LH.
GK dad07
GK dad07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Foley 26/07/17, 06:07 pm

GK dad07 wrote:
Axel Foley wrote:As far as Byars:  I would say we don't know how good the Byars team is, is this the LH team or JDL team?  Based on score of 4-1 vs FCD Premier in TUT, to 0-1 in QT without help, perhaps the SRSA CM was a 4 goal difference maker and Byars still over seeded, not under.  If rostered, I bet we can count on SRSA showing to help if they had some in reserve, to bad the CM is rostered elsewhere. D3 would be embarrassing, but SRSA or JDL help delivers D1 imho.

I would have to disagree in so far as Byars had the exact same roster for Tut as they did LH.

I will admit I could be wrong, but a certain little blond CM that plays on SRSA, I was informed played with Byars in Tut and with Quiroz in QT. You saying this player didn't do that? She certainly can make a big difference and explain byars not doing as well, while Quiroz performed better than expected.
Axel Foley
Axel Foley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GK dad07 26/07/17, 06:21 pm

Axel Foley wrote:I will admit I could be wrong, but a certain little blond CM that plays on SRSA, I was informed played with Byars in Tut and with Quiroz in QT.  You saying this player didn't do that?   She certainly can make a big difference and explain byars not doing as well, while Quiroz performed better than expected.  

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bust chops by any means but I was at the Byars game and know someone on the Quiroz team. They won with their standard roster (0 additions) and I watched the FCD Premier midfield and defense shut down the SRSA blond CM.
GK dad07
GK dad07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JHemlock 26/07/17, 06:51 pm

Is this the gentleman who ruined the buffet at the Harrow club this morning?

JHemlock
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Foley 26/07/17, 07:11 pm

JHemlock wrote:Is this the gentleman who ruined the buffet at the Harrow club this morning?

Pride of my department in Detroit!!

Alright GKDad, while I haven't confirmed, I again will take your word. I shall dine on crow, and slap my source around who obviously doesn't know every 07 player well enough! Evil or Very Mad
Axel Foley
Axel Foley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Foley 26/07/17, 07:15 pm

GK dad07 wrote:
Axel Foley wrote:I will admit I could be wrong, but a certain little blond CM that plays on SRSA, I was informed played with Byars in Tut and with Quiroz in QT.  You saying this player didn't do that?   She certainly can make a big difference and explain byars not doing as well, while Quiroz performed better than expected.  

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bust chops by any means but I was at the Byars game and know someone on the Quiroz team. They won with their standard roster (0 additions) and I watched the FCD Premier midfield and defense shut down the SRSA blond CM.

So no guests on Quiroz?  Several on here have even noted..a few guests...or srsa lite.  I will view for myself this weekend, but for now, will take your word for it
Axel Foley
Axel Foley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GK dad07 26/07/17, 07:27 pm

Axel Foley wrote:
GK dad07 wrote:

So no guests on Quiroz?  Several on here have even noted..a few guests...or srsa lite.  I will view for myself this weekend, but for now, will take your word for it

I guess in retrospect I can't officially speak for the Quiroz roster as it has not been a specific topic of conversation with my friend but I do know for sure that the SRSA blond CM was on Byars for LH and Tut.

So I guess leave me a spot at the table and we'll share the crow.
GK dad07
GK dad07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Justbecause2016 26/07/17, 07:35 pm

Well after the last post plus this one I am glad my DD isn't an 07. You guys are going nuts. Calling out girls and complaining because JDL kids play on other teams. You are just lucky that full JDL teams didn't play...... If one JDL player wipes you out then maybe you have bigger issues then you want to admit! There is a reason the best 07 teams are playing up...... just sayimg. Winning by double diets every week gets old........ dry your eyes you wine bags!

Justbecause2016
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next