North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:43 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:36 pmFSFFL
BVB 09B29/05/24, 06:21 pmBdavis
BVB 10G GA & FDL Tryouts24/05/24, 09:54 amshutout
Dallas Texans 2009G Opportunities (2 Leagues)23/05/24, 11:41 pmJumpman
INDOOR PRACTICE TONIGHT 5/22 (RENEGADES PEREZ) GCL ELITE22/05/24, 03:53 pmNickicharriere
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205233 messages in 32011 subjects

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Page 4 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next

Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 4 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by LiverpoolDad 23/09/18, 09:27 pm

Balotelli45 wrote:
FCForça wrote:If anyone saw Manchester City vs. Solar McKinney in Iber Cup in the Spring... Solar lost 3-2, however, both teams played beautifully.  City was all lateral passes, looking for opportunities, diagonal balls and making full use of the pitch... while Solar lived up to their competitors, hung in the entire game and were very impressive.

After that game, I turned around to the next field and watched two other "top" teams play in pretty much the semifinals with most current DA kids and it was ugly long ball fest.  Yes, ugly long-ball won D1 for the '07's last year. The '08s, just by expansion of '07 DA, has to be the most poached there has been and therefore, a lot of mediocrity for the most part.  This year looks to be another rat race to DA and teams that sacrifice smart soccer for long balls for wins will eventually get caught up to.

Not to name any names... but of last year's top teams, one lost their heart and sole Striker, another lost their Striker, Winger and CM, yet another, their two footed Striker and the best team in the country completely jumped ship.  

I say this out of a little bias, but best 5 D2 and some outside classic league, when given time and competition, will prove to be on the same level as the Allegiance's, Evolution's, Juliao's, and the various other Solar/Texans/FC Dallas teams.

Don't forget most of the kids on the City team were 09's...

Geez Balotelli, what do you have against Solar McKinney? Did they beat up on your kids team or something? Looks like members on here were complimenting the performance they put forth against Man City and there you go trying to take away from it somehow. If you re read the post, the point FC Forca was trying to make was that there was a huge difference between the way Solar plays and the way other "top teams" in North Texas play. It had nothing to do with actually comparing Solar to one of the biggest clubs in International Footbal. Its actually quite comical that you felt the need to somehow take away from the great accomplishment of a local team

LiverpoolDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seed 23/09/18, 10:22 pm

It seems to me like Balotelli would like a nice Autumnal Mead while everyone else is drinking Bud Light's. I couldn't agree more with regard to the play in Ibercup, and for most of CL. It is pure kickball, ugly soccer for quick results to make sure that the money rolls in. If you can show the average parent some success they will open up their pocketbooks wide. Something needs to change.

Seed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerplz 24/09/18, 07:20 am

Haters love to hate. Always been that way, and unfortunately, probably always will. Once a team reaches the top, people (as in people who aren’t at the top with them, were beat by them, or their sons didn’t make the cut for a top team) will pick them apart and try to take away every good thing they’ve done or that they do away. Unfortunate really, but it’s the nature of the beast. I find it entertaining that “Seed” watches so many “ugly soccer for quick results” games. Something about so much ugly soccer and kickball keeps you coming back for more. Dude, if you dislike it so much, quit watching. Problem solved.

Soccerplz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/09/18, 09:41 am

Seed is not hating, just keeping it real. I agree the majority of CL 08 (that's all I watch) play long ball. There are a few that don't, but most still do and that is ok at this age. Ball control is risky, defenders get rattled from pressure then make mistakes giving up goals ect ect.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfanatic2008 24/09/18, 10:47 am

TxRMC wrote:Seed is not hating, just keeping it real.  I agree the majority of CL 08 (that's all I watch) play long ball.  There are a few that don't, but most still do and that is ok at this age.  Ball control is risky, defenders get rattled from pressure then make mistakes giving up goals ect ect.

I agree. I have witnessed games where even Allegiance, who many think is the top possession ball control team, get beat when the defenders are pressured. That pressure usually results in a turn over in their defensive third.

Kickball was bound to happen at this age now that the field is bigger than the 7v7 fields they used to play on. At the 9v9 level, the advantage of speed really comes into play, and if a coach has a fast kid, most coaches will naturally play that kid at forward and just launch the ball to him as much as possible. Im all for a well placed through ball, but in most cases, I am seeing just a big boot from the defender. It teaches ugly soccer, but as Seed mentioned, it gets some results, which in turn gets parents to open up their wallets.

soccerfanatic2008
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/09/18, 08:18 pm

Soccerfanatic2008 the bigger fields help the long ball game if you have really fast forwards, but I would say the bigger fields help the possession focused teams more. The bigger fields give them more space to pass and more time without pressure to pass

Back to top Go down

Post by MurderWasTheCase 24/09/18, 08:35 pm

soccerfanatic2008 wrote:
TxRMC wrote:Seed is not hating, just keeping it real.  I agree the majority of CL 08 (that's all I watch) play long ball.  There are a few that don't, but most still do and that is ok at this age.  Ball control is risky, defenders get rattled from pressure then make mistakes giving up goals ect ect.

I agree. I have witnessed games where even Allegiance, who many think is the top possession ball control team, get beat when the defenders are pressured. That pressure usually results in a turn over in their defensive third.

Kickball was bound to happen at this age now that the field is bigger than the 7v7 fields they used to play on. At the 9v9 level, the advantage of speed really comes into play, and if a coach has a fast kid, most coaches will naturally play that kid at forward and just launch the ball to him as much as possible. Im all for a well placed through ball, but in most cases, I am seeing just a big boot from the defender. It teaches ugly soccer, but as Seed mentioned, it gets some results, which in turn gets parents to open up their wallets.

Why is it ugly? There are times for possession, long ball, counter attack etc. Its all part of the game.

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/09/18, 09:33 pm

Some interesting matches this coming Saturday.

FC Dallas Suarez. VS. FC Dallas Thornber
Liverpool Heighway VS. Dallas Texans Stavrou
Athletico VS FC Dallas Molina
Dallas Texans Salazar. VS. Allegiance Pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/09/18, 10:11 pm

My picks
FC Dallas Thornber
Liverpool Heighway
Athletico
Dallas Texans Salazar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ntxsoccerfan08 24/09/18, 10:55 pm

I will go
FCD Suarez
Stavrou
Atletico
Allegiance

Ntxsoccerfan08
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/09/18, 11:48 pm

Dallas Texans Salazar beat Allefiance 6-0 in April, it seems Allegiance doesn't match up well against them. I dont see Stavrou beating Heighway. Thornber is a good coach I think his team will win Saturday and have a decent season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ntxsoccerfan08 24/09/18, 11:56 pm

- Salazar doesn’t even look close to the same team they were in April
- Stavrou is just an upset pick
- Suarez just seems stronger to me, but wouldn’t be surprised if this goes either way

Ntxsoccerfan08
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CATX 25/09/18, 09:15 am

MurderWasTheCase wrote:
soccerfanatic2008 wrote:

Why is it ugly?  There are times for possession, long ball, counter attack etc.  Its all part of the game.  

Totally agree. I think the major problem is that the majority of teams only play direct soccer and that isn't as aesthetically pleasing to watch. A team that can play possession, direct or counter when the game tactics dictate it are the ones that are getting it.

CATX
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/09/18, 10:13 am

Looks like rain for Saturday, ugh!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Miyagi 25/09/18, 12:30 pm

Weather/Field conditions permitting, I think the matchups will play out as follows:

FC Dallas Suarez
Liverpool Heighway
FC Dallas Molina
Allegiance Pedro
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seed 25/09/18, 05:35 pm

Y'all are exactly right, with the ages of these boys there is a lot of growth physically as well as mentally, so today's kick ball team might produce USMNT's next star. The main point that I was making is not to trade current success for future bad habits. There is a decent amount of really good coach's in North Texas, ones that will sacrifice glory for development, holding their kids accountable to playing sound soccer. I have always been impressed with how much Pedro gets out of his teams. I known kids that have left other clubs being lower half players and he gets them to produce, you can see real development. I know that he videos most of his '07 and '08 games so I'm sure the kids are getting a holistic view of their progress.

With regards to picks this weekend - Miyagi was reading Biff's Almanac before posting and has the right answers. Congrats Miyagi!

Saying a prayer they play this weekend.

Seed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/09/18, 09:32 am

Hopefully the rain ends today and the fields dry up enough for our boys to play!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/09/18, 09:35 am

Seed, it took me a minute to get the "Biff's Almanac" crack. LOL I just ordered a flux capacitor from Amazon. LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/09/18, 09:45 am

Outside of McKinney and the Dallas Kicks it seems the other top 08 teams lost some players to DA or other teams which is making picking games more difficult. Solar Ackerson formerly Liverpool Rush is missing several players from when I saw them last season. I watched the match between Allegiance and Solar Ackerson and that was not the same team. Their only scoring chances came from long balls that would get past Allegiance's defenders and it was a foot race to goal. Allegiance played ball control and they looked exactly like how they played in that recent highlight video against Zenith.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/09/18, 10:07 am

I overlooked the 1-1 tie between DT Salazar and Allegiance in a recent tournament so I'm changing the pick to Allegiance. The original pick was based off the 6-0 result last spring.

FC Dallas Thornber
Liverpool Heighway
Athletico
Allegiance Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooster08dad 26/09/18, 02:50 pm

My trick knee is telling me we aren’t going to get any games this weekend...

Rooster08dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LiverpoolDad 27/09/18, 11:11 am

Seed wrote:Y'all are exactly right, with the ages of these boys there is a lot of growth physically as well as mentally, so today's kick ball team might produce USMNT's next star. The main point that I was making is not to trade current success for future bad habits. There is a decent amount of really good coach's in North Texas, ones that will sacrifice glory for development, holding their kids accountable to playing sound soccer. I have always been impressed with how much Pedro gets out of his teams. I known kids that have left other clubs being lower half players and he gets them to produce, you can see real development. I know that he videos most of his '07 and '08 games so I'm sure the kids are getting a holistic view of their progress.

With regards to picks this weekend - Miyagi was reading Biff's Almanac before posting and has the right answers. Congrats Miyagi!

There are many good coaches out there that are willing to sacrifice results for development (Pedro, Suarez, Molina, Thornber, Ackerson). There are some great coaches that get BOTH results and development (McKinney, Lopez, Foster). And then there are coaches that are recruiters (Salazar, Stavrou, Burciaga). I am sure some will disagree with the coaches I listed, but that is just my opinion formed from games I have watched, and conversations I have had with parents whose kids play on their teams.

LiverpoolDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by adicto2141 27/09/18, 12:34 pm

do you have any opinion on the D2 coaches?

adicto2141
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LiverpoolDad 27/09/18, 01:08 pm

I don't know much about any of the D2 coaches. I have heard Rosales trains his kids well, but other than that, I don't have too much knowledge of those coaches. Anyone care to respond?

LiverpoolDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/09/18, 02:20 pm

I know the D2 team FC Dallas ETX Garcia should be playing D1. I imagine Garcia is a good coach.

Back to top Go down

Post by LiverpoolDad 30/09/18, 01:30 am

Seed wrote:Y'all are exactly right, with the ages of these boys there is a lot of growth physically as well as mentally, so today's kick ball team might produce USMNT's next star. The main point that I was making is not to trade current success for future bad habits. There is a decent amount of really good coach's in North Texas, ones that will sacrifice glory for development, holding their kids accountable to playing sound soccer. I have always been impressed with how much Pedro gets out of his teams. I known kids that have left other clubs being lower half players and he gets them to produce, you can see real development. I know that he videos most of his '07 and '08 games so I'm sure the kids are getting a holistic view of their progress.

Hope he kept a receipt for that Almanac lol. I would demand a refund. I'm sure nobody saw Allegiance losing 5-0 though. Will the real Allegiance please stand up? I'm guessing coach Pedro will not be posting a public highlight video of this game.

LiverpoolDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next