North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

How was the 1st week of FDL Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

How was the 1st week of FDL

Go down

How was the 1st week of FDL Empty How was the 1st week of FDL

Post by LeftybutGoodie 04/09/18, 03:28 pm

Was there good, even competition?  Are they keeping scores OR is it similar to JDL?  Does anyone know the difference between the 2 leagues?
LeftybutGoodie
LeftybutGoodie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

How was the 1st week of FDL Empty Re: How was the 1st week of FDL

Post by NoSpinZone 04/09/18, 05:33 pm

LeftybutGoodie wrote:Was there good, even competition?  Are they keeping scores OR is it similar to JDL?  Does anyone know the difference between the 2 leagues?

https://events.gotsport.com/events/Default.aspx?EventID=68183

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/09/18, 05:48 pm

Heard that the Texans FDL teams enjoyed the weekend a lot more than the Texans DA teams did. pale affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by NTXSoccaDad 04/09/18, 09:27 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:Heard that the Texans FDL teams enjoyed the weekend a lot more than the Texans DA teams did. pale affraid

Guessing that wasn’t the result Texans DA had in mind
G
http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standings/ss/schedule.php?containerID=ODI0MzMwOA==&v=3

NTXSoccaDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 04/09/18, 10:27 pm

You boys are so silly. The Texans flipped their da teams with their fdl teams for strategic reasons. The plan is to give fcd a false sense of security...so they can surprise them.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 05/09/18, 09:59 am

Foxysoccermom wrote:You boys are so silly. The Texans flipped their da teams with their fdl teams for strategic reasons.  The plan is to give fcd a false sense of security...so they can surprise them.

B ... R ... I ... L ... L ... I ... A ... N ... T. Simply brilliant!
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CardinalRule 05/09/18, 02:40 pm

Supposedly FDL (Frontier Development League) is intended for the development of said birth year players. In the case of FDL U13 this year, it would logically be targeted for players born in 2006. Instead, the Solar leadership in their infinite wisdom decided to take a look at their 06 roster of teams and turn up their nose. They instead decided to award the 07 Colvin team the FDL spot. Why wouldn't they at least give an 06 Solar team a chance to compete? Even crazier...how about open tryouts for interested 06 and/or 07's?

CardinalRule
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/09/18, 02:46 pm

CardinalRule wrote:Supposedly FDL (Frontier Development League) is intended for the development of said birth year players.  In the case of FDL U13 this year, it would logically be targeted for players born in 2006.  Instead, the Solar leadership in their infinite wisdom decided to take a look at their 06 roster of teams and turn up their nose.  They instead decided to award the 07 Colvin team the FDL spot.  Why wouldn't they at least give an 06 Solar team a chance to compete?  Even crazier...how about open tryouts for interested 06 and/or 07's?    

Uh oh. Somebody's DD didn't get invited to be one of the cool kids.

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 05/09/18, 02:51 pm

CardinalRule wrote:Supposedly FDL (Frontier Development League) is intended for the development of said birth year players.  In the case of FDL U13 this year, it would logically be targeted for players born in 2006.  Instead, the Solar leadership in their infinite wisdom decided to take a look at their 06 roster of teams and turn up their nose.  They instead decided to award the 07 Colvin team the FDL spot.  Why wouldn't they at least give an 06 Solar team a chance to compete?  Even crazier...how about open tryouts for interested 06 and/or 07's?    

Perhaps because they are ranked No. 1 in the nation, are considerably better than any 3rd 06 team Solar could put out there, and can't find a week-in and week-out challenge in the 07 age group?  Just a guess.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CardinalRule 05/09/18, 03:40 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:

Uh oh.  Somebody's DD didn't get invited to be one of the cool kids.

You sure are a witty guy Douche! Good one.

But, I think your wee little brain missed it. It's called irony. A U13 development league that passed on developing the 2006 birth year. FDL is off to a flying start!

Most importantly, I don't think that Solar team is the best 07 team in NTX much less the nation. My money is Kicks or FCD.

CardinalRule
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 05/09/18, 04:28 pm

CardinalRule wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:

You sure are a witty guy Douche!   Good one.  

But, I think your wee little brain missed it.  It's called irony.  A U13 development league that passed on developing the 2006 birth year.  FDL is off to a flying start!

Most importantly, I don't think that Solar team is the best 07 team in NTX much less the nation.  My money is Kicks or FCD.

idk Cardinal, but I do know poking at that parent group always makes the forum more interesting.  I doubt they can resist the bait you set out.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 05/09/18, 04:34 pm

NoSpinZone wrote:
CardinalRule wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:

But, I think your wee little brain missed it.  It's called irony.  A U13 development league that passed on developing the 2006 birth year.  FDL is off to a flying start!

Most importantly, I don't think that Solar team is the best 07 team in NTX much less the nation.  My money is Kicks or FCD.

idk Cardinal, but I do know poking at that parent group always makes the forum more interesting.  I doubt they can resist the bait you set out.

NICE  Twisted Evil It is time to RUMBLE!!! Let us get this $--T started .....
#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/09/18, 04:47 pm

CardinalRule wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:

Au contraire. My wee widdle brain caught it just fine. Unless your DD is on said '07 Solar team, your DD is on a Solar '06 that wanted to play in FDL but the club said "DENIED", or said '07 team is incapable of competing in '06 FDL (which certainly doesn't appear to be the case after week 1), then why do you even care?

Clubs have been doing this stuff with their top teams for years. Play up a year in a 2nd Division or 2nd-Tier League, play against boys, etc. Whatever it takes to expose the girls to faster, stronger kids to challenge them, all in the name of... wait for it... development. Kind of ironic that I understand irony better than you, huh?

Back to top Go down

Post by CardinalRule 05/09/18, 08:31 pm

Delta, My children play rec soccer and they are horrible. The only time they see the field is during warm ups. You are right they aren't cool, and they have been held back a few grades. Your attempts to insult my family doesn't bother me, but keep trying. I know your little 07 Solar Suzy is the highlight of life, but let it go. Your glory days are long gone, if they ever were in the first place. I thought open discourse was the intent of the board. You immediately turned this into a personal dig because I don't like Solar's decision to waste an 06 development opportunity on an 07 team, and how is questioning the #1 ranking of a U12 team an insult? You are 100% class.

Solar has not played 07 Feet or FCD in a long while. I think its safe to look at common opponents and forecast those matches would be a toss up. Nothing provocative about that.

Look up the FDL U13 NTX, STX and Oklahoma teams on Youth Soccer Rankings. Not exactly a powerhouse conference at the moment. The teams will likely get stronger over the course of the year as they develop, but its not there today. Oddly enough, it's a development league. Again, I think Solar is foolish to play a top 07 team in that league.

Finally, if the 07 Solar team is all about playing the best teams, why are they playing in tournaments like Beat the Heat and Shawnee Trail against 06 teams?

CardinalRule
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/09/18, 11:06 pm

CardinalRule wrote:Delta, My children play rec soccer and they are horrible.  The only time they see the field is during warm ups.  You are right they aren't cool, and they have been held back a few grades. Your attempts to insult my family doesn't bother me, but keep trying.  I know your little 07 Solar Suzy is the highlight of life, but let it go.  Your glory days are long gone, if they ever were in the first place.  I thought open discourse was the intent of the board.  You immediately turned this into a personal dig because I don't like Solar's decision to waste an 06 development opportunity on an 07 team, and how is questioning the #1 ranking of a U12 team an insult?  You are 100% class.

Solar has not played 07 Feet or FCD in a long while.  I think its safe to look at common opponents and forecast those matches would be a toss up.  Nothing provocative about that.  

Look up the FDL U13 NTX, STX and Oklahoma teams on Youth Soccer Rankings. Not exactly a powerhouse conference at the moment.  The teams will likely get stronger over the course of the year as they develop, but its not there today.  Oddly enough, it's a development league.  Again, I think Solar is foolish to play a top 07 team in that league.

Finally, if the 07 Solar team is all about playing the best teams, why are they playing in tournaments like Beat the Heat and Shawnee Trail against 06 teams?

Meh.  I call it as I see it, and sometimes I poke with a sharp stick.  You took a poke at Solar with your sharp stick in your original post, and I merely used mine to poke back and point out that you sound like a parent whining about their kid getting shafted at a shot at FDL.  Based on your subsequent posts, it looks like I got the whiny parent part correct.

Again, please explain in what way you have been wronged by this '07 team playing in '06 FDL?  Was your DD denied a spot in FDL due to this?  If so, consider yourself lucky that you aren't spending the time and money for your 7th grader to travel to OKC 2x, Austin 2x, & Houston to play competition that you could easily find right here in LHGCL.

Are you mad because your DD is on FCD's '06 FDL team, and you don't think the '07 team is going to be sufficient competition for them?  If so, I think you need to be more concerned with the '06 Texans FDL team that just got beat 4-0 by the Solar '07's.  

Is your DD on a different '07 team and are you whining because this Solar Coach/Team doesn't seem interested in playing your '07's team?  If so, get over it.  Worry about your own house and go find your own competition.  If you feel you can't find enough in NTX '07 land, then follow the Jones'es and find some '06's to play up against.  Who knows, by doing so, you just might run into the '07 team you're so concerned about.

If none of the above apply, then again I ask, "Why do you care???"

The only people Colvin and Solar have to answer to are the parents and players of that '07 team.  If they're happy spending their time and money to take their 6th graders all over TX and OK to play '06 FDL level competition, that's their business.  I'm sure if they're unhappy with the value they are getting, they'll let coach and club know, and if they can't get it fixed to their satisfaction, they'll take their kid and their $$ elsewhere.  

You have every right to come on this forum and express your opinion.  However, if you're going to throw shade (you know you did  Wink ), then don't get all bent when someone calls you out for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by CardinalRule 06/09/18, 08:01 am

Another Colvin sycophant...is he going to dump your squad when a better option comes along like he did to the 06 squad from last year? I have to tell you the FDL acronym next to Solar 07 looks really impressive, but if you put Elite in front of FDL...damn!!! How about Black-Elite FDL, now that would be killer. Teams wouldn't even show up to play.

CardinalRule
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 06/09/18, 08:06 am

Ummm yea....foxy loves an angry soccer dad...tell us more cardinal....take that Anger out on this board.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/09/18, 08:21 am

CardinalRule wrote:Another Colvin sycophant...is he going to dump your squad when a better option comes along like he did to the 06 squad from last year?  I have to tell you the FDL acronym next to Solar 07 looks really impressive, but if you put Elite in front of FDL...damn!!!  How about Black-Elite FDL, now that would be killer.  Teams wouldn't even show up to play.

Uh oh. Somebody's DD didn't get invited to be one of the cool Colvin kids.

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 06/09/18, 09:10 am

DeltaTauChi wrote:
CardinalRule wrote:Another Colvin sycophant...is he going to dump your squad when a better option comes along like he did to the 06 squad from last year?  I have to tell you the FDL acronym next to Solar 07 looks really impressive, but if you put Elite in front of FDL...damn!!!  How about Black-Elite FDL, now that would be killer.  Teams wouldn't even show up to play.

EXACTLY !!!

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/09/18, 09:24 am

Checkpoint Charlie wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:

EXACTLY !!!

#MAGA

Yeah.  I kinda feel like Lieutenant Kaffee in "A Few Good Men".  If I keep poking and prodding in the right places, I might just get Cardinal Jessep to blow his top and tell us the real reason why he's got a bug up his butt for Solar and Colvin. He's just dying to tell us, but knows it's against his better judgment.

Anyway, enough fun for one day.  Back to our regularly scheduled Constitutional Crisis Du Jour.  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 06/09/18, 09:39 am

DeltaTauChi wrote:
Checkpoint Charlie wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:

EXACTLY !!!

#MAGA

Yeah.  I kinda feel like Lieutenant Kaffee in "A Few Good Men".  If I keep poking and prodding in the right places, I might just get Cardinal Jessep to blow his top and tell us the real reason why he's got a bug up his butt for Solar and Colvin.  He's just dying to tell us, but knows it's against his better judgment.

Anyway, enough fun for one day.  Back to our regularly scheduled Constitutional Crisis Du Jour.  Very Happy

Pls proceed Lt Kaffee ... Ask Col Jessep if he did order the code red ?... pls Lt Kaffee pls

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CardinalRule 06/09/18, 10:00 am

Delta and Checkpoint, You two are just adorable, finishing each others sentences like that. You two make a really cute little couple. Now I know what the 07 Solar soccer dads do when they travel to out of town tournaments. Don't worry, its our little secret....shhh.

CardinalRule
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tikitalker 06/09/18, 11:42 am

CardinalRule wrote:Delta and Checkpoint,  You two are just adorable, finishing each others sentences like that.  You two make a really cute little couple.  Now I know what the 07 Solar soccer dads do when they travel to out of town tournaments.  Don't worry, its our little secret....shhh.
#tummysticks

tikitalker
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard 06/09/18, 06:41 pm

So Solar 06 FDL down, Solar 07 FDL up?

Where is Springate when you need him...
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster