North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

07 DA 2019 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

07 DA 2019

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

07 DA 2019 Empty 07 DA 2019

Post by cenTex 30/08/19, 04:18 pm

Top to bottom, this is one of the better age groups in the Frontier Conference.  A couple of national title contenders at the top in Solar and FCD (winners of the last 3 Supercopas) and even those at the bottom are still among the best teams in the region with some impressive wins on their resume.  All 6 teams are considered to be among the best and most promising age groups at their clubs.

YouthSoccerRankings says these are the number 1, 2, 5, 6, 9, and 12 teams in all of Region III.  Six of the top twelve teams in the entire Southeast United States are in the same league. Impressive.

A way too early, silly, goofy, and only partly informed preview of the teams from an Austin perspective whose kid has played each of these teams multiple times over the years:
1. Solar - very talented attacking players (including a couple of new ones) who can score on anybody.
2. FCD - quality players across the board and play a balanced, pretty style of soccer.
3. Lonestar - picked up a few new players who might surprise (and maybe a few 08s who could soon be major contributors). Solid at every position.
4. Texans - managed to hold on to all their players from a team that has been successful the past few years.  Based on past results might should be higher, but it remains to be seen if direct style of play will hold up.
5. Dash - see next
6. OK Energy - I have Dash and Energy close together as I think they're a step behind the others and similar as both teams had quality 07s mostly playing up with 06s last year, but when they played with 07s the teams were competitive with anyone. While both are the best teams in their area by a good margin, competitiveness with the top 4 will depend somewhat on rosters. Any way you slice it, either team is quite good for their club and can hang with anyone in the conference.

It should be a good season as, unlike some of my experience with older siblings, there don't appear to be very many easy games at all.  All of the teams are considered to be among the best in the region and, in my opinion, the conference is chock full of individual talent and likely future YNT-level players.  Will be fun to watch it all play out, and next year brings the excellent Colorado teams into the picture, which will only strengthen the conference.

Anybody have any insight into how the preseason scrimmages went for teams?  Lonestar had a couple of comfortable wins over the two Houston ECNL teams.  Any surprises out there?

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

07 DA 2019 Empty Re: 07 DA 2019

Post by Bodhisattva 30/08/19, 04:42 pm

You wouldn't have any idea these kids were the second coming judging by the way their parents handle themselves...
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer 31/08/19, 09:32 pm

cenTex wrote:Top to bottom, this is one of the better age groups in the Frontier Conference.  A couple of national title contenders at the top in Solar and FCD (winners of the last 3 Supercopas) and even those at the bottom are still among the best teams in the region with some impressive wins on their resume.  All 6 teams are considered to be among the best and most promising age groups at their clubs.

YouthSoccerRankings says these are the number 1, 2, 5, 6, 9, and 12 teams in all of Region III.  Six of the top twelve teams in the entire Southeast United States are in the same league. Impressive.

A way too early, silly, goofy, and only partly informed preview of the teams from an Austin perspective whose kid has played each of these teams multiple times over the years:
1. Solar - very talented attacking players (including a couple of new ones) who can score on anybody.
2. FCD - quality players across the board and play a balanced, pretty style of soccer.
3. Lonestar - picked up a few new players who might surprise (and maybe a few 08s who could soon be major contributors). Solid at every position.
4. Texans - managed to hold on to all their players from a team that has been successful the past few years.  Based on past results might should be higher, but it remains to be seen if direct style of play will hold up.
5. Dash - see next
6. OK Energy - I have Dash and Energy close together as I think they're a step behind the others and similar as both teams had quality 07s mostly playing up with 06s last year, but when they played with 07s the teams were competitive with anyone. While both are the best teams in their area by a good margin, competitiveness with the top 4 will depend somewhat on rosters. Any way you slice it, either team is quite good for their club and can hang with anyone in the conference.

It should be a good season as, unlike some of my experience with older siblings, there don't appear to be very many easy games at all.  All of the teams are considered to be among the best in the region and, in my opinion, the conference is chock full of individual talent and likely future YNT-level players.  Will be fun to watch it all play out, and next year brings the excellent Colorado teams into the picture, which will only strengthen the conference.

Anybody have any insight into how the preseason scrimmages went for teams?  Lonestar had a couple of comfortable wins over the two Houston ECNL teams.  Any surprises out there?

Most take YSR with a grain of salt at this age since teams, coaches, competition change quite a bit at the beginning of DA and ECNL. These rankings will change over the next few months as the best one or two teams will remain high and the softer teams will drop.  

I believe the STX friendly results page shows 07 Lonestar GDA loosing to 07 Challenge ECNL.

http://www.challengesoccer.org/tournaments/game_schedule.php?tourny=aggieland19

I've seen 07 Energy play and they have two players who are difference makers. One of them is the leading scorer on their 06 DA team. If those players play 07 their team will be strong. If they play up, the 07 team will be OK.

918soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Yo 31/08/19, 09:39 pm

918soccer wrote:
cenTex wrote:Top to bottom, this is one of the better age groups in the Frontier Conference.  A couple of national title contenders at the top in Solar and FCD (winners of the last 3 Supercopas) and even those at the bottom are still among the best teams in the region with some impressive wins on their resume.  All 6 teams are considered to be among the best and most promising age groups at their clubs.

5. Dash - see next

Most take YSR with a grain of salt at this age since teams, coaches, competition change quite a bit at the beginning of DA and ECNL. These rankings will change over the next few months as the best one or two teams will remain high and the softer teams will drop.  

I believe the STX friendly results page shows 07 Lonestar GDA loosing to 07 Challenge ECNL.

I've seen 07 Energy play and they have two players who are difference makers. One of them is the leading scorer on their 06 DA team. If those players play 07 their team will be strong. If they play up, the 07 team will be OK.

Actually it shows Challenge losing to Lonestar. Carry on.

Yo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KicknBalls 04/09/19, 09:57 am

918 is a TSC ECNL Homer

KicknBalls
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cenTex 05/09/19, 12:36 am

KicknBalls wrote:918 is a TSC ECNL Homer

TSC has looked quite good so far. +25 goal diff thru two weekends.

https://www.eliteclubsnationalleague.com/texas-conference-standings-2019-20/

There are probably 5 or 6 teams in the conference that have no business playing a regional travel schedule. Waste of time and money.
The teams that look likely to be competitive (TSC, Albion, DFeeters, Sting Dallas, and Solar) should just petition to try and play each other every week.

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer 05/09/19, 04:13 pm

Yo wrote:
918soccer wrote:

5. Dash - see next

Actually it shows Challenge losing to Lonestar.  Carry on.

Here you go. 07 Lonestar beat Albion ECNL and lost to Challenge ECNL. Not a big deal, just a point of correction.

http://www.challengesoccer.org/tournaments/team_schedule.php

918soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Yo 05/09/19, 04:22 pm

918soccer wrote:
Yo wrote:
918soccer wrote:

5. Dash - see next

Here you go. 07 Lonestar beat Albion ECNL and lost to Challenge ECNL. Not a big deal, just a point of correction.

RIF. Wrong again.

Yo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer 05/09/19, 04:26 pm

cenTex wrote:

There are probably 5 or 6 teams in the conference that have no business playing a regional travel schedule. Waste of time and money.
The teams that look likely to be competitive (TSC, Albion, DFeeters, Sting Dallas, and Solar) should just petition to try and play each other every week.

I would add Colorado Rapids and Classics Elite to that list. Both are as good as any in our conference. Not sure how many old timers in NTX know of Classics Elite, but their technical and tactical play is impressive. A few weeks after our 05 ECNL team beat SBV DA 2-0, Classics Elite made us look like beginners. I would put them up there with the very best 05 teams I’ve seen.

918soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer 05/09/19, 04:30 pm

Yo wrote:
918soccer wrote:
Yo wrote:
918soccer wrote:

5. Dash - see next

RIF.  Wrong again.  

Again, not a big deal but the scores are also posted on the STX forum if you are interested.

918soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cenTex 05/09/19, 04:38 pm

918soccer wrote:
Yo wrote:
918soccer wrote:
Yo wrote:
918soccer wrote:

5. Dash - see next

RIF.  Wrong again.  

Again, not a big deal but the scores are also posted on the STX forum if you are interested.

Classics Elite is an example of a bubble club that has some good teams in a few age groups and some not so good ones in a few age groups. For example, their 05s are excellent. Their 07s are awful.

And Fwiw, Lonestar 07 beat Challenge 07. The score was close, but the game really wasn't very competitive at all.

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Yo 05/09/19, 04:41 pm

918soccer wrote:
Yo wrote:
918soccer wrote:
Yo wrote:
918soccer wrote:

5. Dash - see next

RIF.  Wrong again.  

You're right, its not a big deal. I could not care less other than I know your agenda and on this you are simply wrong. Read the scores again.

Yo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cenTex 08/09/19, 11:38 pm

5. Dash - see next

It is obviously way too early to draw any conclusions, but this passes the week one smell Test.
Two decisive wins for Solar and FCD over some quality teams (and the two new Solar players banged home 4 of their 5 goals). Next week Solar comes to Austin and Dash head up to Frisco. Should provide some hints as to whether the early returns suggest this could end up being a two horse race at the top.

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cenTex 10/09/19, 09:24 am

918soccer wrote:
cenTex wrote:

I would add Colorado Rapids and Classics Elite to that list. Both are as good as any in our conference.  

I think it's safe for  you to remove both Colorado Rapids and Classics Elite from your list of decent 07 teams.  After beating Celtic 7-0, the Rapids have been blown out in 4 straight games (0-6, 0-4, 2-6, 1-4) and CE's results haven't been much better given their competition.  
Looks like the conventional wisdom that 5 teams are competitive and 5 or 6 teams are well behind is holding true so far.  Feet is going to take the 1st playoff spot.  TSC very likely takes the other spot, but Albion, Sting, and Solar will all have hopes for sneaking into the playoff mix.

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by HenryRoth 10/09/19, 03:21 pm

cenTex wrote:
918soccer wrote:
cenTex wrote:

I would add Colorado Rapids and Classics Elite to that list. Both are as good as any in our conference.  

I think it's safe for  you to remove both Colorado Rapids and Classics Elite from your list of decent 07 teams.  After beating Celtic 7-0, the Rapids have been blown out in 4 straight games (0-6, 0-4, 2-6, 1-4) and CE's results haven't been much better given their competition.  
Looks like the conventional wisdom that 5 teams are competitive and 5 or 6 teams are well behind is holding true so far.  Feet is going to take the 1st playoff spot.  TSC very likely takes the other spot, but Albion, Sting, and Solar will all have hopes for sneaking into the playoff mix.

This weekend will certainly tell us a lot more about the top of '07 Texas Conference with TSC playing Sting and Solar. Does anyone know Feet v. Sting score from last weekend? I would agree that Rapids and Classics are not anywhere in the discussion at this point. TSC scores are good but not a true measure due to first 4 opponents.

HenryRoth
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by rudekid1973 10/09/19, 05:14 pm

HenryRoth wrote:
cenTex wrote:
918soccer wrote:
cenTex wrote:

This weekend will certainly tell us a lot more about the top of '07 Texas Conference with TSC playing Sting and Solar.  Does anyone know Feet v. Sting score from last weekend?   I would agree that Rapids and Classics are not anywhere in the discussion at this point.  TSC scores are good but not a true measure due to first 4 opponents.  

Sting and Feet was postponed

rudekid1973
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 11/09/19, 07:34 pm

cenTex wrote:Top to bottom, this is one of the better age groups in the Frontier Conference. [Tap the breaks]?

Sorry I haven’t been on in years but was bored at the gym sitting in the sauna (so blame it on the extreme heat)

Before claiming U13 domination I recommend checking out a few other age groups: U17s (2 teams actually played in the Natty last season Solar and Lonestar) or the 16s again 2 teams in the Natty final 4 not to mention the 19s Solar (other half of last years 16/17 champions and FCd will be tough.  

Anyway welcome to DA.  I have watched a few of the talented 07s over the years and they will do very well. Happy to have them in the Club DA representation.  

Until next time.

PS - I could go on about 15s etc but my phone is overheating
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by cenTex 12/09/19, 10:31 am

FriscoSoccer2004 wrote:
cenTex wrote:Top to bottom, this is one of the better age groups in the Frontier Conference. [Tap the breaks]?

Sorry I haven’t been on in years but was bored at the gym sitting in the sauna (so blame it on the extreme heat)

Before claiming U13 domination I recommend checking out a few other age groups: U17s (2 teams actually played in the Natty last season Solar and Lonestar) or the 16s again 2 teams in the Natty final 4 not to mention the 19s Solar (other half of last years 16/17 champions and FCd will be tough.  

Anyway welcome to DA.  I have watched a few of the talented 07s over the years and they will do very well. Happy to have them in the Club DA representation.  

Until next time.

PS - I could go on about 15s etc but my phone is overheating

Meh. Nobody is claiming U13 domination. The original statement that you seem to have an issue with is that "top-to-bottom the U13 DAs are one of the better age groups." And it's almost certainly true.

Your examples cover the "top" end quite well, where the Frontier is pretty well represented nationally in every age group. There aren't any Frontier conference age groups where the conference doesn't have multiple DA championship contenders. The contention is that the "bottom" end in the U13s is unusually strong, as there aren't any other Frontier conference age groups where the teams who will finish towards the bottom of the bracket would be an ECNL championship contender.

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cenTex 14/09/19, 06:09 pm

Solar with a pretty decisive 5-1 win over Lonestar. Lonestar was flat and looked out of sorts, and Solar took full advantage and punished them.
OKC beat Texans 1-0 and FCD over Dash 3-0. Any insight into the other games?

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rudekid1973 15/09/19, 09:22 pm

cenTex wrote:Solar with a pretty decisive 5-1 win over Lonestar. Lonestar was flat and looked out of sorts, and Solar took full advantage and punished them.
OKC beat Texans 1-0 and FCD over Dash 3-0. Any insight into the other games?

Sting beat both Celtic and TSC this weekend. Sting has only 1 GA in 4 games.

rudekid1973
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthiness 16/09/19, 09:31 am

That's a nice win for Sting.  Kudos.

On a side note, there's a funny catfight on the South Texas boards between Lonestar and Solar parents about whose parents were the most classless on Saturday.  Apparently the game was quite one-sided and not everybody behaved. Those Lonestar parents aren't used to their kids losing by 4 goals.  I think that was probably a wake up call for them.
Truthiness
Truthiness
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 16/09/19, 11:15 am

Truthiness wrote:That's a nice win for Sting.  Kudos.

On a side note, there's a funny catfight on the South Texas boards between Lonestar and Solar parents about whose parents were the most classless on Saturday.  Apparently the game was quite one-sided and not everybody behaved. Those Lonestar parents aren't used to their kids losing by 4 goals.  I think that was probably a wake up call for them.

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cenTex 24/09/19, 10:59 am

Based on the early results:
1a. Solar - as expected, scoring a lot of goals (and not making many friends along the way)
1b. FCD - as expected, not giving up a lot of goals (two 3-0 wins so far)
:gap:
3. OKE - beat Texans and scored twice on Solar
4. Texans - close loss to OKE and close win over Lonestar
5. Dash - hard to slot with only one game so far (0-3 to FCD)
6. Lonestar - not the start LS was looking for with a poor game vs Solar and losing a close game to Texans

No real surprises.  Solar and FCD are both quite good, and there doesn't appear to be much between the next 4 teams.

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuckleball 24/09/19, 12:44 pm

cenTex wrote:Based on the early results:
1a. Solar - as expected, scoring a lot of goals (and not making many friends along the way)
6. Lonestar - not the start LS was looking for with a poor game vs Solar and losing a close game to Texans

No real surprises.  Solar and FCD are both quite good, and there doesn't appear to be much between the next 4 teams.

07 Energy beat both Colorado teams this weekend.

Knuckleball
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cenTex 24/09/19, 03:29 pm

Knuckleball wrote:
cenTex wrote:Based on the early results:

07 Energy beat both Colorado teams this weekend.

Real's 07s are really good. Nice win, OKE.
I also was told that Dash's 07s tagged along on the Sporting KC/Omaha trip and picked up two wins. Sounds like most the 07s are tagging along with the older teams on the big road trips and playing unofficial DA games.  
Lots of good soccer being played in the age group.

cenTex
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next