North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

04 ECNL Games this week - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

04 ECNL Games this week

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

04 ECNL Games this week - Page 2 Empty Re: 04 ECNL Games this week

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 16/12/20, 02:01 am

dtk9119 wrote:
CE is the most dangerous matchup wise without question

Curious why you think this is the case? I would not agree.

#MAGA

Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 17/12/20, 08:59 am

I was there. I’m not big on excuses. The CE wasn’t the best showing but that stuff can happen with key players out and or no practice for two weeks. Minor hiccup. “It is what it is” is such a mighty cliché.
Check out CE’s keeper, Baylor commit kept them in the game. You guys slight others talent and effort in an attempt to suggest that Solar has slipped, that’s a shame.
Should have seen the Sting Austin game, only 2-0 but ask what color the bus was that was parked on the field and how often SA was able to pass the midfield.

Don’t know about any rumors but keep me in the loop.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by dtk9119 17/12/20, 11:28 am

CE's keeper is a Baylor commit? Was she the regular 04 team's keeper? Don't remember the CE keeper we faced being DI level.

dtk9119
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 17/12/20, 12:36 pm

dtk9119 wrote:CE's keeper is a Baylor commit? Was she the regular 04 team's keeper? Don't remember the CE keeper we faced being DI level.

That’s what my kid said...but she made some great saves from a great striker that would have def been a game changer

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 17/12/20, 09:22 pm

AngelinaGoalee wrote:I was there. I’m not big on excuses. The CE wasn’t the best showing but that stuff can happen with key players out and or no practice for two weeks. Minor hiccup. “It is what it is” is such a mighty cliché.
Check out CE’s keeper, Baylor commit kept them in the game. You guys slight others talent and effort in an attempt to suggest that Solar has slipped, that’s a shame.
Should have seen the Sting Austin game, only 2-0 but ask what color the bus was that was parked on the field and how often SA was able to pass the midfield.

Don’t know about any rumors but keep me in the loop.

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 10/02/21, 10:32 am

Cmon fellas. All bige is sayin is that his team is the best ever and he dresses like a coach so he knows more than you do.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 10/02/21, 12:08 pm

Big Ern wrote:
INEEDAHUGemargarita wrote:
Big Ern wrote:Unfortunately, Solar-FCD U17 was canceled for a second time due to Covid.

Even more unfortunate however, is the idiocy displayed by marghugs here ^ ... Do ya even watch soccer?  

"Logic would tell me" ...  "Solar Coach is trying to avoid that game" ... "Solar didn’t score one goal against them last game" ... jocolor

Can't ya just hear the circus music playing as you read this stuff?  Yikes Shocked

Hey Big Ern! As a matter of fact, I watch a lot of soccer and actually saw this game. Just stating facts and asking questions. No need to get sensitive. Solar seemed to struggle to score against the Texans. They could not and did not have an offensive goal.

Let the circus music play on...  clown clown clown

Not much I love more than when folks that don't know me think I've ever been "sensitive" on this forum ... Super fun way to kick off the day  Very Happy

Heya!  To keep with the "unfortunate" theme, ya say you watch a lot of soccer, but then write things like (I mentioned above), "Logic would tell me" ...  "Solar Coach is trying to avoid that game" ... "Solar didn’t score one goal against them last game" ... which unfortunately for you, paints you as a bit doltish doesn't it?  

It's soccer ... a sport typically decided by a goal each way even at the highest level ... where the best team in the world draws with teams nowhere near their level all the time.  It's part of the beauty of the game ... due to it's lower scoring nature, tactical adjustments have a massive effect on outcome.  So when Solar go 4-0 in the first match vs Texans, they (and their new coach in particular who is well known for playing for the draw vs stronger opponents) make adjustments to have 10 behind the ball and play counter (which they did quite well that day) ... easy peasy.  

Just for grins, let's continue with your "facts" + "logic" theme -

FCD is scoreless against Sting Black ... Solar puts 3 in
FCD allows 3 vs DFeet ... Solar shuts them out
"his stars have not been scoring lately" yet they net 7 goals in their last match
In the same amount of matches vs the same comp, FCD has 5 GA with a 32 GD ... Solar has not allowed a goal and has scored 46 times

Yeah ... I'm sure it's BW that's scared and trying to avoid the match  Rolling Eyes

Foxy has to agree with Easy e on this one. If anyone follows hs soccer the memorial/wakeland score was no where as close as the score appeared.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 10/02/21, 12:15 pm

Foxysoccermom wrote:Cmon fellas. All bige is sayin is that his team is the best ever and he dresses like a coach so he knows more than you do.

Well isn't this ^ just too much fun!?  He's back!  And in the best interest, given the state, of this forum, I'll play along Wink

Which team, Foxer, are you referring to as mine here^?  

Given that I haven't not been a coach anytime in the past couple decades, why wouldn't I dress like one?

And yes ... I can absolutely and unequivocally state that I know more than you do.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 10/02/21, 12:23 pm

Foxysoccermom wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
Big Ern wrote:Unfortunately, Solar-FCD U17 was canceled for a second time due to Covid.

Even more unfortunate however, is the idiocy displayed by marghugs here ^ ... Do ya even watch soccer?  

"Logic would tell me" ...  "Solar Coach is trying to avoid that game" ... "Solar didn’t score one goal against them last game" ... jocolor

Can't ya just hear the circus music playing as you read this stuff?  Yikes Shocked

Hey Big Ern! As a matter of fact, I watch a lot of soccer and actually saw this game. Just stating facts and asking questions. No need to get sensitive. Solar seemed to struggle to score against the Texans. They could not and did not have an offensive goal.

Not much I love more than when folks that don't know me think I've ever been "sensitive" on this forum ... Super fun way to kick off the day  Very Happy

Heya!  To keep with the "unfortunate" theme, ya say you watch a lot of soccer, but then write things like (I mentioned above), "Logic would tell me" ...  "Solar Coach is trying to avoid that game" ... "Solar didn’t score one goal against them last game" ... which unfortunately for you, paints you as a bit doltish doesn't it?  

It's soccer ... a sport typically decided by a goal each way even at the highest level ... where the best team in the world draws with teams nowhere near their level all the time.  It's part of the beauty of the game ... due to it's lower scoring nature, tactical adjustments have a massive effect on outcome.  So when Solar go 4-0 in the first match vs Texans, they (and their new coach in particular who is well known for playing for the draw vs stronger opponents) make adjustments to have 10 behind the ball and play counter (which they did quite well that day) ... easy peasy.  

"his stars have not been scoring lately" yet they net 7 goals in their last match
In the same amount of matches vs the same comp, FCD has 5 GA with a 32 GD ... Solar has not allowed a goal and has scored 46 times

Yeah ... I'm sure it's BW that's scared and trying to avoid the match  Rolling Eyes

Foxy has to agree with Easy e on this one. If anyone follows hs soccer the memorial/wakeland score was no where as close as the score appeared.

^ YES!!!  I love you a lil' HS talk!

While we weren't there to witness the pathetic-ness of this particular match, I did watch the "highlights" with my oldest this morning ... pale

We heard Wakeland only had one shot on target while Memorial's two goals came late on shots my 4th grader would've made look routine with no arms and his eyes closed.

Wakeland going nowhere this year unless they figure out how to utilize their MF and/or find a true 9.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 10/02/21, 12:27 pm

Big Ern wrote:
Foxysoccermom wrote:Cmon fellas. All bige is sayin is that his team is the best ever and he dresses like a coach so he knows more than you do.

Well isn't this ^ just too much fun!?  He's back!  And in the best interest, given the state, of this forum, I'll play along Wink

Which team, Foxer, are you referring to as mine here^?  

Was just makin a point sweetie.

Given that I haven't not been a coach anytime in the past couple decades, why wouldn't I dress like one?

Are you saying you haven’t been a coach or have? You always get me so flustered baby.

And yes ... I can absolutely and unequivocally state that I know more than you do.

Ummm yes you do. The way you rip those soccer sweats off with one hand. Ohhh baby.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 10/02/21, 12:29 pm

dtk9119 wrote:

Sorry for the late reply 9119 ... just saw this ^

Straight matchup issue for Solar ... Susceptible to quick counter attack (biggest weakness for this team in my opinion for the past few years actually).  I've seen no other team, including FCD and DKCS, that do it with more pace and accuracy --
The long, diagonal ball in combination with the footspeed of their 9 has connected a half dozen times behind the backside, balance defender in the two matches I've seen them play against Solar.  Dangerous.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 10/02/21, 08:03 pm

Big Ern wrote:
Foxysoccermom wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

^ YES!!!  I love you a lil' HS talk!

While we weren't there to witness the pathetic-ness of this particular match, I did watch the "highlights" with my oldest this morning ... pale

We heard Wakeland only had one shot on target while Memorial's two goals came late on shots my 4th grader would've made look routine with no arms and his eyes closed.

Wakeland going nowhere this year unless they figure out how to utilize their MF and/or find a true 9.

It gets me so hot when you talk soccer x n O’s bige. Are you saying the whole team had a bad night or just 9 players did. I’m so confused but yet so turned on by this talk.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

04 ECNL Games this week - Page 2 Empty SOLAR - what’s going on?

Post by INEEDAHUGemargarita 10/02/21, 08:50 pm

Big Ern wrote:
dtk9119 wrote:

Straight matchup issue for Solar ... Susceptible to quick counter attack (biggest weakness for this team in my opinion for the past few years actually).  I've seen no other team, including FCD and DKCS, that do it with more pace and accuracy --
The long, diagonal ball in combination with the footspeed of their 9 has connected a half dozen times behind the backside, balance defender in the two matches I've seen them play against Solar.  Dangerous.

Given the weakness you described above, I was curious if JS would be joining Solar in Houston? Looks like she really helped the team in FL.

Also curious about what is going on at Solar...looks like a longtime solar MF left the team, and I hear that they also lost a pretty good defender. What is going on over there?!?!

INEEDAHUGemargarita
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 11/02/21, 12:34 pm

Nothing is going on...girls are getting older.
Go where you feel you’re needed
Or in some cases, leave if you think it’s your show.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by INEEDAHUGemargarita 11/02/21, 12:59 pm

AngelinaGoalee wrote:Nothing is going on...girls are getting older.

Nothing going on?!? What does age have to do with anything? I think it’s a legitimate question when 2 players leave the top team in the area in the middle of the season. (Or get a release).

(“There’s nothing to see here” says the man in front of a burning building as, in The Naked Gun) 😂😂

And I think I am exactly where I belong. But thank you so much for your concern, Angelina

INEEDAHUGemargarita
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 11/02/21, 01:07 pm

AngelinaGoalee wrote:Nothing is going on...girls are getting older.

Nothing going on?!? What does age have to do with anything? I think it’s a legitimate question when 2 players leave the top team in the area in the middle of the season. (Or get a release).

(“There’s nothing to see here” says the man in front of a burning building as,  in The Naked Gun) 😂😂

And I think I am exactly where I belong. But thank you so much for your concern, Angelina

What’s with all the punctuation?
Well all I can provide to you is to sit back and see if what you “assume” is happening or going to happen comes to fruition.

And regards to age...this isn’t u13, priorities change and these young ladies have a say in what they want to do. So if moving on is what they want to do at this point in their careers, parents aren’t as instrumental in those choices as we were when they were smaller.

And JS won’t be joining anyone in Houston...showcase cancelled. But I’m sure you heard already, you seem to keep your ear to the ground.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 11/02/21, 02:06 pm

Big Ern wrote:
dtk9119 wrote:

Given the weakness you described above, I was curious if JS would be joining Solar in Houston? Looks like she really helped the team in FL.

Also curious about what is going on at Solar...looks like a longtime solar MF left the team, and I hear that they also lost a pretty good defender.  What is going on over there?!?!

Heya HUGarita --

JS was slated to play with the '03s this go 'round ... Sure she's an incredibly talented young lady, but having been there I'd say the results vs that comp wouldn't have been any different without her (and she definitely wouldn't be of much help in stopping the long diagonal ball on a quick counter).  JS wouldn't have even been rostered on that '04 squad in FL had their 8 not been out with injury.  

Can't speak to the "longtime MF" as no one I know comes mind as to who you may be referring to. But regarding the loss of the back line kid, I'd say it was matter of her 'n Coach not seeing eye to eye when it came to priorities.  As AG mentioned, she's a big girl.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 11/02/21, 10:47 pm

Big Ern wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
dtk9119 wrote:

Also curious about what is going on at Solar...looks like a longtime solar MF left the team, and I hear that they also lost a pretty good defender.  What is going on over there?!?!

Heya HUGarita --

JS was slated to play with the '03s this go 'round ... Sure she's an incredibly talented young lady, but having been there I'd say the results vs that comp wouldn't have been any different without her (and she definitely wouldn't be of much help in stopping the long diagonal ball on a quick counter).  JS wouldn't have even been rostered on that '04 squad in FL had their 8 not been out with injury.  

Can't speak to the "longtime MF" as no one I know comes mind as to who you may be referring to. But regarding the loss of the back line kid, I'd say it was matter of her 'n Coach not seeing eye to eye when it came to priorities.  As AG mentioned, she's a big girl.

MF is the midfielder that went to FCD.
She was a Solar baby....she was ECNL last year with CP.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 12/02/21, 08:15 am

AngelinaGoalee wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
dtk9119 wrote:

Heya HUGarita --

MF is the midfielder that went to FCD.
She was a Solar baby....she was ECNL last year with CP.

Ahhh ... gotcha AG.  This lil' tidbit alone explains a lot (why I (still) don't know her name, never saw her play, couldn't pick her out of a lineup, etc) and likely answers HUGarita's question doesn't it?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 12/02/21, 08:23 am

Exactamundo

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by fakeituntilyoumakeit 12/02/21, 10:10 am

The level of arrogance here is astounding.....

fakeituntilyoumakeit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 12/02/21, 10:34 am

fakeituntilyoumakeit wrote:The level of arrogance here is astounding.....

Granted, fakeit, that when faced with the truth, it can occasionally seem this ^ way to some  Wink

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 12/02/21, 04:56 pm

fakeituntilyoumakeit wrote:The level of arrogance here is astounding.....

You call it “arrogance”, I call it “troll food.”

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by dtk9119 26/03/21, 01:10 pm

Did I see right on Twitter, the long awaited first 04 Solar/FCD match up of the year is scheduled for this Monday at the Dallas Cup? During HS Playoffs?

dtk9119
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GeekKid 28/03/21, 08:56 am

dtk9119 wrote:Did I see right on Twitter, the long awaited first 04 Solar/FCD match up of the year is scheduled for this Monday at the Dallas Cup? During HS Playoffs?
That is correct!

GeekKid
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GeekKid 29/03/21, 12:28 pm

Final in Solar 2 FC Dallas 2. Last minute goal for FC Dallas to tie it up.

GeekKid
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next