North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

04 Top 20 Rankings - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

04 Top 20 Rankings

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

04 Top 20 Rankings - Page 3 Empty Re: 04 Top 20 Rankings

Post by Moosh98 02/03/11, 11:04 am

Tilly wrote:1. DT South - #1 until proven otherwise. Dirty? sure they are, but they get away with it so they win.

2. Rowdies - hate'em if you want and make all the excuses you want, but they are good and they can win.

3. Liverpool Dalglish - playing crappy competition in 03-D3, will suffer for it. new players, lost players, blah blah blah...

4. Solar Kennington - sure they beat DT South in PT, and they are talented, but must win this weekend to be considered a top3 threat.

5. DT North - no clue what is up with them this season so far. disappointing.

6. Fever FC - good team, exciting to watch. watch out. Doubt they can beat a top 3

7. Texas Spirit North Red - solid team, not top tier, but can hang with anyone.

8. Solar Hollis -

9. Liverpool Beardsley -

10. Texas Black Gold -

affraid

LOL!! what a joke. Dalglish hater. Tilly, you r a moron. DT South has nothin. Stop being jealous of Dalglish and get over it. And Spirit not being a top tier, yet Rowdies barely beat them.

Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 02/03/11, 11:29 am

Having seen both teams play, At this point Daglish is a better team than the Rowdies. Things are still coming together over at the DM camp. Solar will be a nice test but as it stands now Daglish is a better team. As far as DTS goes I have no idea, but they were losing the game against Daglish until they ramped up the physical started taking out players 2 forwards completely taken out of the game). Daglish is stronger, deeper in talent now.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneStar 02/03/11, 12:20 pm

What makes a team better out of the top teams?

You understand at this point on a 04 team that the top players today will be lucky to be playing when they go select?

Top players in academy very few turn into top players at older ages, why? Growth, skills, parents, coaching, parents, burn out, parents, boys, middle school sports, parents, facebook, social life, parents, bitterness, no skill and parents

Relax have fun, I look at my 97 and think wow she will be in highschool next year and is she having fun or have I made it something else.
LoneStar
LoneStar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 02/03/11, 12:25 pm

Laser had a "top" team last season and didn't even stay together. Many things take girls out of soccer and puberty will take plenty more. I hope my DD has fun, enjoys time with friends and learns to play a game that is very easy to play and very difficult to master.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 02/03/11, 12:27 pm

LoneStar wrote:What makes a team better out of the top teams?

You understand at this point on a 04 team that the top players today will be lucky to be playing when they go select?

Top players in academy very few turn into top players at older ages, why? Growth, skills, parents, coaching, parents, burn out, parents, boys, middle school sports, parents, facebook, social life, parents, bitterness, no skill and parents

Relax have fun, I look at my 97 and think wow she will be in highschool next year and is she having fun or have I made it something else.

Relax have fun, true. but i wouldnt go all out and say top players right now will be lucky to be playing select. select is only a few years away for these girls. and look at the individual. if she is a top player only because she is fast, it will catch up to her. if she is a top player because she has quickness, great ball skills, awareness of the game along with passing, prob going to do well..... and yes, hopefully still having fun
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TorquauyU 02/03/11, 12:40 pm

Moosh98 wrote:
mcik17 wrote:I get the feeling that 90% of the 04 posters are Dalglish parents like me!

Not talking about me, but I know at least one on here that has spoken highly of Dalglish that is not... You know who you are Cool
I have no affiliation with LW and sure as hell don't have any connection to anything scouser. Team Kenny is the most skilled team by far.
TorquauyU
TorquauyU
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneStar 02/03/11, 12:44 pm

Who is team Kenny for the new people on the 04 level
LoneStar
LoneStar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 02/03/11, 01:01 pm

The liverpool team is named after the liverpool great player and current pro team manager Kenny Daglish
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthDallas02 02/03/11, 01:24 pm

Moosh98 wrote:
Tilly wrote:1. DT South - #1 until proven otherwise. Dirty? sure they are, but they get away with it so they win.

2. Rowdies - hate'em if you want and make all the excuses you want, but they are good and they can win.

3. Liverpool Dalglish - playing crappy competition in 03-D3, will suffer for it. new players, lost players, blah blah blah...

4. Solar Kennington - sure they beat DT South in PT, and they are talented, but must win this weekend to be considered a top3 threat.

6. Fever FC - good team, exciting to watch. watch out. Doubt they can beat a top 3

8. Solar Hollis -

9. Liverpool Beardsley -

10. Texas Black Gold -

affraid

LOL!! what a joke. Dalglish hater. Tilly, you r a moron. DT South has nothin. Stop being jealous of Dalglish and get over it. And Spirit not being a top tier, yet Rowdies barely beat them.

Ok... my DD is an 02... but after reading this thread one thing is clear. You have a very good team in Dalglish that got beat by a team they didn't see coming (DT South) and didn't know. Instead of giving props to their opponent, they blame the style of play, refs, ect.

Paramount to any sport, one thing kids AND parents must learn is how to lose respectfully without whining and complaining. I'm pretty sure if this was a tournament, and I was not there, that the DT South team must have done something right in qualifying and semis just to get to the final game.

Also, one thing I know about soccer, is that one big girl will not win a tournament of top teams period. I would suggest Dalglish parents take a step back and ponder how a bit of humility and respect for their opponents can help them improve as a team.

NorthDallas02
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 02/03/11, 01:36 pm

I don't think anyone has a problem with the one girl, she is just a child. The parents screaming for kids to take someone out wasn't the greatest but hey it's not their job to call the game it's the refs. You will always run into teams that play that way and you learn to play thru it. My DD was one of the ones wiped out by the pancake tackle with no play on the ball. Just a leaving your feet, lead with the forearm land on them tackle. That's what she gets for being small. They caught everyone by surprise and it was a great win for them. I still don't see them as the top team after one tournament. Was looking forward to seeing them in SDL but didn't happen. So no blame just a loss plain and simple. BTW I don't think that "style" is going to fly on the Rowdies either. They can be a physical team in their own right.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by 2good4u 02/03/11, 02:05 pm

The 04 group sure seems to be a cocky bunch. Not judging, just saying. It actually makes things more interesting and lively.

Let's gain some perspective here. Yes, the 04's are a strong group. But are they better than the 03's or 02's when they were this age? Watch any top 04 game and tell me they are playing real soccer yet. Yes, they are good for their age but let's not go overboard. From my personal experience, many of the best 03 girls were more developed at 6 than the top 04 girls are now.

I'm not dogging on them. They are only 6 and have a long way to go. Kids that are not good now will become great later. Some who are good now will fall behind. And of course some will stay the course and remain strong. My point is that there's no way of knowing for sure.

I do agree that one or two players does not make a team great. The top teams win because they have strong players up and down their lineup. There are great players on lower D1 and upper D2 teams who are just as good as the best girls on the top teams. Take any one of your daughters who you consider great and put them on a lower D2 team. See if you win many games against the top D1 teams. I have not yet seen an 04 who can dominate a game like I've seen in some other age groups. If you ever saw some of the girls on the 99 and 98 girls Texans teams, you would know what I'm talking about. You might be a little humbled.

As go99 says, let's at least tap the brakes a little. Keep cheering and rooting for the girls and encourage them to have fun. Maybe we'll develop some great FUTURE players, not just great 6 year old players.

2good4u
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

04 Top 20 Rankings - Page 3 Empty Moron?

Post by Tilly 02/03/11, 02:10 pm

Man, you make some predictions on this site and then you are called a "MORON".
Tilly
Tilly
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Location : Extended Stay America Dallas - North - Park Central

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 02/03/11, 02:16 pm

NorthDallas02 wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:

8. Solar Hollis -

9. Liverpool Beardsley -

10. Texas Black Gold -

affraid

Ok... my DD is an 02... but after reading this thread one thing is clear. You have a very good team in Dalglish that got beat by a team they didn't see coming (DT South) and didn't know. Instead of giving props to their opponent, they blame the style of play, refs, ect.

Paramount to any sport, one thing kids AND parents must learn is how to lose respectfully without whining and complaining. I'm pretty sure if this was a tournament, and I was not there, that the DT South team must have done something right in qualifying and semis just to get to the final game.

Also, one thing I know about soccer, is that one big girl will not win a tournament of top teams period. I would suggest Dalglish parents take a step back and ponder how a bit of humility and respect for their opponents can help them improve as a team.

If there was something to give them props for, we would. They did not play SOCCER. If you want to develope a bunch of thugs, good for you. That game wont work against this Dalglish team now either. And as far as that finals game, I do know for a fact that 2 of there goals came from a ball kicked right to the keeper on the ground, and as the ball got to the keeper, it took a hop off to the side because of the pristine turf craig ranch has. absolute junk goals. I wouldnt be trying to rank DT South going off of that game. Not to mention Dalglish is a much better team now. So enjoy your style of thug soccer and see how well that will develope those girls
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthDallas02 02/03/11, 02:25 pm

Moosh98 wrote:
NorthDallas02 wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:

8. Solar Hollis -

9. Liverpool Beardsley -

10. Texas Black Gold -

affraid

If there was something to give them props for, we would. They did not play SOCCER. If you want to develope a bunch of thugs, good for you. That game wont work against this Dalglish team now either. And as far as that finals game, I do know for a fact that 2 of there goals came from a ball kicked right to the keeper on the ground, and as the ball got to the keeper, it took a hop off to the side because of the pristine turf craig ranch has. absolute junk goals. I wouldnt be trying to rank DT South going off of that game. Not to mention Dalglish is a much better team now. So enjoy your style of thug soccer and see how well that will develope those girls

So they played like thugs and got a few lucky bounces and that's how they won the tournament?

Give me a break. You sound like a big cry baby sore loser... I hope you don't teach your kids to whine after a loss and make excuses... Those are the WORST kind of players.

NorthDallas02
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar U17 02/03/11, 02:31 pm

Who is the DT South 04 coach?
Solar U17
Solar U17
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 02/03/11, 02:36 pm

NorthDallas02 wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
NorthDallas02 wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:

8. Solar Hollis -

9. Liverpool Beardsley -

10. Texas Black Gold -

affraid

So they played like thugs and got a few lucky bounces and that's how they won the tournament?

Give me a break. You sound like a big cry baby sore loser... I hope you don't teach your kids to whine after a loss and make excuses... Those are the WORST kind of players.

UUUUM no. but when someone starts to boast about how great they are bc they won that game, just letting it be known that that was not a game to boast about. I dont really care. I know what South is and I know what Dalglish is. Your right, nice game, well played South. Kuddos
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 02/03/11, 03:00 pm

2good4u wrote:The 04 group sure seems to be a cocky bunch. Not judging, just saying. It actually makes things more interesting and lively.

Let's gain some perspective here. Yes, the 04's are a strong group. But are they better than the 03's or 02's when they were this age? Watch any top 04 game and tell me they are playing real soccer yet. Yes, they are good for their age but let's not go overboard. From my personal experience, many of the best 03 girls were more developed at 6 than the top 04 girls are now.

I'm not dogging on them. They are only 6 and have a long way to go. Kids that are not good now will become great later. Some who are good now will fall behind. And of course some will stay the course and remain strong. My point is that there's no way of knowing for sure.

I do agree that one or two players does not make a team great. The top teams win because they have strong players up and down their lineup. There are great players on lower D1 and upper D2 teams who are just as good as the best girls on the top teams. Take any one of your daughters who you consider great and put them on a lower D2 team. See if you win many games against the top D1 teams. I have not yet seen an 04 who can dominate a game like I've seen in some other age groups. If you ever saw some of the girls on the 99 and 98 girls Texans teams, you would know what I'm talking about. You might be a little humbled.

As go99 says, let's at least tap the brakes a little. Keep cheering and rooting for the girls and encourage them to have fun. Maybe we'll develop some great FUTURE players, not just great 6 year old players.

Maybe a player could dominate the group in those age groups because overall the age group wasn't as talented? Shocked Yeah but the 04 group is waaaay more cute than all those age groups.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/03/11, 03:05 pm

soccerskills wrote:Who is the DT South 04 coach?

Sorry it took me awhile to get back to you, but I did find him after calling Dallas Bail Bonds and they said he'll be out before this weekends games.

He is said to be estatic with the ranking of his team. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by planodad75 02/03/11, 05:10 pm

Moosh98 wrote:
NorthDallas02 wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:

8. Solar Hollis -

9. Liverpool Beardsley -

10. Texas Black Gold -

affraid

I think NorthDallas02 said his DD was not even an 04... so I'm not sure who your comments are directed to Moosh. Despite the half-dozen LP parents, I don't think any DT South parents have posted in this thread... could be wrong though.

planodad75
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/03/11, 05:37 pm

planodad75 wrote:Anyone dare to try?

Frankly, I'm not overly concerned with the outcome of a 40 minute game among 6 year old little girls . And i'm even less concerned with who is up and down a spot on any given week . I signed up for this thing so that my dd could have fun in a positive learning environment with a coach with a positive reputation and who can demonstrate skills with ease (6 year olds = visual learners) . What matters FAR MORE than a 40 minute game at the weekend is what is your coach teaching in his or her structured practices outside of games ? What extra programs does the club have in place? Optional skills ? Speed and agility sessions ? Specialized tailored camps and clinics ?
We found that place and love it . Best decision we ever made. She is doing things in the games that she has learned in coach's practices and skills .
What you should all be truly concerned about is this thought - is your daughter having fun and is she getting the footwork (major) and positional (minor) training that will enable her to be effective when scores DO matter !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 02/03/11, 09:39 pm

SoftballDad wrote:
planodad75 wrote:Anyone dare to try?

Frankly, I'm not overly concerned with the outcome of a 40 minute game among 6 year old little girls . And i'm even less concerned with who is up and down a spot on any given week . I signed up for this thing so that my dd could have fun in a positive learning environment with a coach with a positive reputation and who can demonstrate skills with ease (6 year olds = visual learners) . What matters FAR MORE than a 40 minute game at the weekend is what is your coach teaching in his or her structured practices outside of games ? What extra programs does the club have in place? Optional skills ? Speed and agility sessions ? Specialized tailored camps and clinics ?
We found that place and love it . Best decision we ever made. She is doing things in the games that she has learned in coach's practices and skills .
What you should all be truly concerned about is this thought - is your daughter having fun and is she getting the footwork (major) and positional (minor) training that will enable her to be effective when scores DO matter !!!
I agree with this. And that is basicaly the point I was trying to make. DT South shows no developement with foot skills. I think they teach after school brawling classes. Their style of "soccer" will not go far
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TorquauyU 03/03/11, 11:33 am

NorthDallas02 wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
NorthDallas02 wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:

8. Solar Hollis -

9. Liverpool Beardsley -

10. Texas Black Gold -

affraid

You don't know what you are talking about on this one.
TorquauyU
TorquauyU
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/03/11, 12:16 pm

NorthDallas02 wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
NorthDallas02 wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:

8. Solar Hollis -

9. Liverpool Beardsley -

10. Texas Black Gold -

affraid

Let me explain more than what others have. I watched three games in a row at the pitch where DT South got most of their wins that weekend. The first game was Webb '04 vs DT South. To defend DT South they played according to the refs level of control. At about the 3rd min a Webb player pulled up on the ball she was dribbling and a DT player's aggressive chase became a nasty crash because she wasn't prepared for the attacker to stop. The Webb player was sent forward into a heap and oddly play was not stopped. Kat took a couple of steps on the pitch to see around some girls so she could tell how bad the girl was hurt. The female ref ran to Kat screaming "get off the field". It wasn't a cordial warning. You would've thought Kat was stepping between a baby bear and it's mother. This was just the first few minutes! The same type of hard foul happened about 5 min later between the same two players and again no foul called and again the girl had to help herself up a min later as kids played around her. As you can imagine parents were getting upset. The third time the hard foul happened the refs didn't call it but the Webb player was not moving so Kat was allowed on the field after her 3rd request and still the ref was talking trash to her. I thought at that time they must have a history. At the end of the game my daughter and three others were injured from fouls. I blame refs because competitive girls will foul if allowed but the DT South girls showed that they had not been taught restraint.
The second game I watched was juve black '03 (I think) versus solar Kennington '03 (I think). In the second min Joey Kennington was asking the same female ref about a yellow card his player received and she screamed at the top of her lungs "you're gone!". At that moment I realized we had a moron ref on our hands and not someone with a grudge against a specific coach. The female ref had an equally incompetent male ref that seemed more interested in the cigarette break he took betwee games. The third game with the same refs on same field featured DT South '04 versus Liverpool '04. Before the game started two DT south parents entered the pitch and interrupted the captain's meeting at midfield. They claimed Liverpool had an illegal player and they were demanding she be sent home. Pretty nasty stuff for a six year olds game. That's when I stopped watching the joke refs and out of control DT players and started observing the DT South parents. Not a classy bunch. That's the nicest thing I can say.
Well, I hope the long winded version gives you insight into peoples disdain for that team, those refs and what resulted.

Back to top Go down

Post by mcik17 03/03/11, 01:53 pm

seventhrowscreamer wrote:
NorthDallas02 wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
NorthDallas02 wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:

8. Solar Hollis -

9. Liverpool Beardsley -

10. Texas Black Gold -

affraid

Let me explain more than what others have. I watched three games in a row at the pitch where DT South got most of their wins that weekend. The first game was Webb '04 vs DT South. To defend DT South they played according to the refs level of control. At about the 3rd min a Webb player pulled up on the ball she was dribbling and a DT player's aggressive chase became a nasty crash because she wasn't prepared for the attacker to stop. The Webb player was sent forward into a heap and oddly play was not stopped. Kat took a couple of steps on the pitch to see around some girls so she could tell how bad the girl was hurt. The female ref ran to Kat screaming "get off the field". It wasn't a cordial warning. You would've thought Kat was stepping between a baby bear and it's mother. This was just the first few minutes! The same type of hard foul happened about 5 min later between the same two players and again no foul called and again the girl had to help herself up a min later as kids played around her. As you can imagine parents were getting upset. The third time the hard foul happened the refs didn't call it but the Webb player was not moving so Kat was allowed on the field after her 3rd request and still the ref was talking trash to her. I thought at that time they must have a history. At the end of the game my daughter and three others were injured from fouls. I blame refs because competitive girls will foul if allowed but the DT South girls showed that they had not been taught restraint.
The second game I watched was juve black '03 (I think) versus solar Kennington '03 (I think). In the second min Joey Kennington was asking the same female ref about a yellow card his player received and she screamed at the top of her lungs "you're gone!". At that moment I realized we had a moron ref on our hands and not someone with a grudge against a specific coach. The female ref had an equally incompetent male ref that seemed more interested in the cigarette break he took betwee games. The third game with the same refs on same field featured DT South '04 versus Liverpool '04. Before the game started two DT south parents entered the pitch and interrupted the captain's meeting at midfield. They claimed Liverpool had an illegal player and they were demanding she be sent home. Pretty nasty stuff for a six year olds game. That's when I stopped watching the joke refs and out of control DT players and started observing the DT South parents. Not a classy bunch. That's the nicest thing I can say.
Well, I hope the long winded version gives you insight into peoples disdain for that team, those refs and what resulted.

Strangely enough most of the foul came from only one player on The DT South team against Liverpool 04. Liverpool is prepared next time we meet. We have a just as big girl, but with lots of skill.
mcik17
mcik17
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneStar 03/03/11, 02:17 pm

Great thing about soccer, is a goal is a goal.

Just a side note soccer is a physical game. As a parent if you can't handle it put your kid in volleyball or softball.
LoneStar
LoneStar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 03/03/11, 02:18 pm

Oddly enough, since it seems no DT South parents read this board, I feel compelled to offer a counter opinion.

I did watch most of that game and parts of others. Let's be clear, although DT South did play aggressive and hard, which I have no problem with, the fouls I saw in the Liverpool game WERE in fact called and LP was awarded possession.

Now, there was a rumor that LP combined players from Beardsley to Dalglish at the semis round. In fact I know one parent that swears two Beardsley players played against Kennington in the semis. If true, I consider that fairly pathetic at 6 year old soccer.

Finally, the worst confrontation or behavior from parents that I saw did not come from DT south parents, but from two Kennington parents who exploded at the refs well after the game as another team was warming up. In fact, if it had gone much longer, I am sure police would have been called.

Finally, LP parents did not handle the loss well. Several of them were very upset and I even heard a few very inappropriate/racial slurs directed at DT South ( I was watching from the LP side).

Finally, lighten up. These teams and kids will be playing each other for years to come. If you can’t get in a discussion about rankings without blasting a team and its parents, perhaps you are taking this way too seriously.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next