North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

'03 Week 4 Standings Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

'03 Week 4 Standings

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

'03 Week 4 Standings Empty '03 Week 4 Standings

Post by Joe scafone 08/03/11, 06:24 am

Image hosted by servimg.com

Updated with Fever/Cosmos score that was still missing. Still missing Mar 6 Aztecs vs Sting score

Last edited by Joe scafone on 08/03/11, 01:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Joe scafone
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

'03 Week 4 Standings Empty Re: '03 Week 4 Standings

Post by soccer315 08/03/11, 08:18 am

Good work Joe. So, can we expect you to replace Charlie Razz
soccer315
soccer315
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by slrsoccer 08/03/11, 11:10 am

I know I will get killed on here because of the Liverpool base that dominates this board, but I asked the question a week or so ago and I will ask it again.

Why would anyone at Liverpool think it was a good idea for the '04 team to play up in Division 3?

From the standings, it looks like you can gather the following:

They have played the weakest schedule of any team in the '03 league
The teams they have played have a combined record of 2-11-2
The teams they have played have a combined GF/GA of 29-54

Obviously, my screen name gives away my allegiance...I feel like we missed out on playing another good team in LP Dalglish in the '04 division. I challenge anyone to tell me that this decision is acutally good for developing their girls. IMHO they would have been better off playing against us, Rowdies, Fever, DT North.

slrsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 08/03/11, 11:24 am

I believe I answered the question before but maybe it was on another thread. The bigger girls force them to play a smarter game and not just rely on athleticism to win. They are not bigger or faster than anyone they play. They have been forced to pass and move the ball to experience success. So playing in the 04's would have answered the question who the best 04 team is but LW doesn't actually care and their playing up has to do only with his long term goals for the girls. DD missed the game with you guys and the rowdies. Heard it was a fun one.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 08/03/11, 11:32 am

slrsoccer wrote:I know I will get killed on here because of the Liverpool base that dominates this board, but I asked the question a week or so ago and I will ask it again.

Why would anyone at Liverpool think it was a good idea for the '04 team to play up in Division 3?

Obviously, my screen name gives away my allegiance...I feel like we missed out on playing another good team in LP Dalglish in the '04 division. I challenge anyone to tell me that this decision is acutally good for developing their girls. IMHO they would have been better off playing against us, Rowdies, Fever, DT North.

Im sure you will see Dalglish playing in the 03 D2 in the fall. Dalglish played Fever in a friendly just before SDL started and beat them 6-2 I believe, and I see they have the best goals dif at 23-6 in 04 D1. I still dont think the 04 division would have give Dalglish the best competition.
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mcik17 08/03/11, 11:39 am

slrsoccer wrote:I know I will get killed on here because of the Liverpool base that dominates this board, but I asked the question a week or so ago and I will ask it again.

Also, make sure your manager signs your team up for 03 age group at the next tourney if you want to play us, because that's where I've been told we will be. We are trying to win our games with skill not just out running or out muscling teams and playing up against bigger faster kids forces us to do it. I'm sure in the fall we will probably move up to Div 2 of the 03 group, but Haven't been told this for sure.
mcik17
mcik17
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by slrsoccer 08/03/11, 11:46 am

Guys, please understand I am not trying to flame anyone here. I respect your girls very much. You are probably correct in saying that '02 D2 will be a better fit. All I am saying is you aren't playing against bigger faster girls right now. There were plenty of those big fast girls on our field last week.

I will admit to maybe jumping the gun, because I haven't seen your schedule for the rest of the season. You could have some better teams on tap the next couple of weeks. With that being said 6-0 and 7-0 games aren't very competitive, no matter what age it is.

Good luck to you guys and keep your girls playing hard.

slrsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 08/03/11, 11:51 am

slrsoccer wrote:Guys, please understand I am not trying to flame anyone here. I respect your girls very much. You are probably correct in saying that '02 D2 will be a better fit. All I am saying is you aren't playing against bigger faster girls right now. There were plenty of those big fast girls on our field last week.

I will admit to maybe jumping the gun, because I haven't seen your schedule for the rest of the season. You could have some better teams on tap the next couple of weeks. With that being said 6-0 and 7-0 games aren't very competitive, no matter what age it is.

scores were 3-1, 3-1, 7-0 and 5-0. Dalglish will play the #4 and #6 teams as of right now in the last 2 games.
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BallBuster 08/03/11, 12:02 pm

If you can win while playing up in D2, it will definitely impress some people. Winning in D3 doesn't say much. All of the Division 1 teams in the 04's would dominate playing up in D3 in the 03's league(except Andromeda). And I think several of the D2 teams would dominate there also.
I agree that you are playing against bigger girls but definitely not faster. I have seen quite a few of these D3 teams play and the skill level, speed, and athleticism just isn't there (with a few exceptions).
Most of the teams in D3 are "B" teams. Their skilled and athletic girls are playing for their clubs "A" team in D1 or D2.

Like I said before, here is the perfect example. Take the bottom 04 teams (Aces Red, Dallas Texans 04 Davis, Liverpool Molby, etc.) Next season they will all be playing in Division 3 in the U8 division. That is the level of competition you are playing against right now. Most of these bottom teams aren't going to magically become competitive in 6 months.

Dalglish is good but don't kid yourself about the talent of Division 3 in the 03's league.
BallBuster
BallBuster
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 08/03/11, 12:06 pm

slrsoccer wrote:Guys, please understand I am not trying to flame anyone here. I respect your girls very much. You are probably correct in saying that '02 D2 will be a better fit. All I am saying is you aren't playing against bigger faster girls right now. There were plenty of those big fast girls on our field last week.

Yes and the rowdies were playing with plenty athleticism. It's just not what LW was looking for. He doesn't want them trying to use just athleticism. He wants them to use the game and the ball instead. Succesful or not, that was his goal and I think they should move up into D2. I would like to see them in a spot where thay can be competative but also lose some games until they learn to play the game even better. Better or worse than the other 04's doesn't really matter. If it did he would seperate a few friends and bring on some of the top kids from Beardsly and make a LP super team.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 08/03/11, 12:15 pm

BallBuster wrote:If you can win while playing up in D2, it will definitely impress some people. Winning in D3 doesn't say much. All of the Division 1 teams in the 04's would dominate playing up in D3 in the 03's league(except Andromeda). And I think several of the D2 teams would dominate there also.
I agree that you are playing against bigger girls but definitely not faster. I have seen quite a few of these D3 teams play and the skill level, speed, and athleticism just isn't there (with a few exceptions).
Most of the teams in D3 are "B" teams. Their skilled and athletic girls are playing for their clubs "A" team in D1 or D2.

Like I said before, here is the perfect example. Take the bottom 04 teams (Aces Red, Dallas Texans 04 Davis, Liverpool Molby, etc.) Next season they will all be playing in Division 3 in the U8 division. That is the level of competition you are playing against right now. Most of these bottom teams aren't going to magically become competitive in 6 months.

Dalglish is good but don't kid yourself about the talent of Division 3 in the 03's league.

It's not talent, it's size and yes all of the teams have been bigger and faster just as a product of age. Don't kid yourself, this is not about making Daglish so great because they are playing up. Right or wrong, this is soley the coaches attempt at development. If you don't agree with it then don't play for him. So the real question is why it burns everybody up so much that Daglish is playing 03? Would you be satisfied if they played in D2? D1? Or do they have to play in the 04's? Does he have to put all of his best players on one team? How's much do they need to win by? What is it that you really want from this team and coach?
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/03/11, 12:18 pm

go99 wrote:
BallBuster wrote:If you can win while playing up in D2, it will definitely impress some people. Winning in D3 doesn't say much. All of the Division 1 teams in the 04's would dominate playing up in D3 in the 03's league(except Andromeda). And I think several of the D2 teams would dominate there also.

It's not talent, it's size and yes all of the teams have been bigger and faster just as a product of age. Don't kid yourself, this is not about making Daglish so great because they are playing up. Right or wrong, this is soley the coaches attempt at development. If you don't agree with it then don't play for him. So the real question is why it burns everybody up so much that Daglish is playing 03? Would you be satisfied if they played in D2? D1? Or do they have to play in the 04's? Does he have to put all of his best players on one team? How's much do they need to win by? What is it that you really want from this team and coach?

Love

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 08/03/11, 12:19 pm

well LW is a lovable guy so you can have that
Speaking of, I am sure all of the D3 girls appreciate how little you guys think of them. As if they don't get enough of a beating from some of these terrible coaches. I have seen some coaches really rail against some little girls for losing to girls younger than them. Never once accepting the blame himself for being outplayed. Not outran, not out hustled, not out competed. Some of the things that I have heard said to these little girls by adults is shameful.

Last edited by go99 on 08/03/11, 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BallBuster 08/03/11, 12:24 pm

go99 wrote:

Yes and the rowdies were playing with plenty athleticism. It's just not what LW was looking for. He doesn't want them trying to use just athleticism. He wants them to use the game and the ball instead. Succesful or not, that was his goal and I think they should move up into D2. I would like to see them in a spot where thay can be competative but also lose some games until they learn to play the game even better. Better or worse than the other 04's doesn't really matter. If it did he would seperate a few friends and bring on some of the top kids from Beardsly and make a LP super team.

I understand your point, but let's be realistic. All of these coaches want to win (some more than others). If the Liverpool coach didn't care about winning, then why did he play his speedy forward and a few other top players in multiple games in the last SDL season? I saw the forward play on her regular team and quickly hurry over to play the next game with your other top team. There were plenty of subs on the bench. I have no problem with it but I do think all of these academy coaches have a highly competitive nature and want to win.
BallBuster
BallBuster
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hootna 08/03/11, 12:31 pm

Watched part of the game.. didnt realize the girls were 04s since I didnt see any size difference between them and the 03s they were playing. They are a good team with a lot of talent.
Hootna
Hootna
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BallBuster 08/03/11, 12:33 pm

go99 wrote:

Your missing the point. No one is mad that Dalglish is playing up. No is disagreeing that Dalglish is a very good team (maybe the best of the 04's)
But when a few Liverpool parents try to claim that D3 is better competition than playing D1 in the 04 league, that is a little ridiculous. Were just debating that statement.
I'm sure if you ask Kat Webbs top 03 team who gives them better competition, they will tell you they get much better competition playing D1 teams of the same age rather than playing up in D3. Just look at their results from last SDL. The proof is in the pudding.
BallBuster
BallBuster
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 08/03/11, 12:34 pm

kids are being used accross teams this year also. Anytime there is a shortage he opens it up for people to volunteer to help out. So there should have been the same number of total kids as always. It has never been a strategic option. It is parents who want to win so let's not blame the coaches. He has said that it's a balancing act between his desire to teach and parents desire to win. You have to win enough games to keep kids because this is NTX and LW understands that. So what it really comes down to is some people feel they have been denied their chance to beat daglish. I am sure you will run into them in a tournament and you can beat them there.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 08/03/11, 12:37 pm

BallBuster wrote:
go99 wrote:

Your missing the point. No one is mad that Dalglish is playing up. No is disagreeing that Dalglish is a very good team (maybe the best of the 04's)
But when a few Liverpool parents try to claim that D3 is better competition than playing D1 in the 04 league, that is a little ridiculous. Were just debating that statement.
I'm sure if you ask Kat Webbs top 03 team who gives them better competition, they will tell you they get much better competition playing D1 teams of the same age rather than playing up in D3. Just look at their results from last SDL. The proof is in the pudding.

So then why is she doing it? Why didn't she stay in D1 of her own age group? someone asked why and I explained the reason. Right or wrong will be determined later. Whoever said "better" competition was wrong. Bigger yes, better maybe not. The key is to find the balance. Go up far enough to neutralize the teams physical attributes and force them to use just soccer to solve the problems on the field. Go up too far and you face teams that are not only more athletic but also play "soccer" at a level that is too high for you to use also. He may be too low this season but probably worth the risk of not putting them up too high.

Last edited by go99 on 08/03/11, 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/03/11, 12:40 pm

go99 wrote:kids are being used accross teams this year also. Anytime there is a shortage he opens it up for people to volunteer to help out. So there should have been the same number of total kids as always. It has never been a strategic option. It is parents who want to win so let's not blame the coaches. He has said that it's a balancing act between his desire to teach and parents desire to win. You have to win enough games to keep kids because this is NTX and LW understands that. So what it really comes down to is some people feel they have been denied their chance to beat daglish. I am sure you will run into them in a tournament and you can beat them there.

Call me crazy, but don't the parents sign their girl up to play on any given team?
If the kid is on multiple teams, it's likely because the parent signed their DD up, by their own choice, for both teams and not because the coach is solely pulling girls to necessarily guarantee a win. Now that may not be the case in all situations.

Back to top Go down

Post by BallBuster 08/03/11, 12:44 pm

go99 wrote:
BallBuster wrote:
go99 wrote:

So then why is she doing it? Why didn't she stay in D1 of her own age group?

My point is that Kat Webb found out real quick that playing up in D3 was a waste of time. That is why they play up in D1 now.
But if she had to pick between playing up in D3 or playing D1 teams of their own age, she would play D1 teams of her own age to get better competition.
BallBuster
BallBuster
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 08/03/11, 12:46 pm

DoubleDD wrote:
go99 wrote:kids are being used accross teams this year also. Anytime there is a shortage he opens it up for people to volunteer to help out. So there should have been the same number of total kids as always. It has never been a strategic option. It is parents who want to win so let's not blame the coaches. He has said that it's a balancing act between his desire to teach and parents desire to win. You have to win enough games to keep kids because this is NTX and LW understands that. So what it really comes down to is some people feel they have been denied their chance to beat daglish. I am sure you will run into them in a tournament and you can beat them there.

Call me crazy, but don't the parents sign their girl up to play on any given team?
If the kid is on multiple teams, it's likely because the parent signed their DD up, by their own choice, for both teams and not because the coach is solely pulling girls to necessarily guarantee a win. Now that may not be the case in all situations.

Nope! have seen an email stating that a team needs a few players and if anyone wants to volunteer.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BallBuster 08/03/11, 12:49 pm

If it was truly about development, then why is it always your best players that mostly guest play in multiple games? Why aren't the worst players on the team being invited to guest play with a sister team in a big game?
I'm not talking about only your team. All of the clubs do it.
I have a lot of respect for your club. Just saying.
BallBuster
BallBuster
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/03/11, 12:50 pm

go99 wrote:
DoubleDD wrote:

Nope! have seen an email stating that a team needs a few players and if anyone wants to volunteer.

Yea, I'm not saying that's not the case either, just saying there are many possible reasons why a DD is seen on one team during one game and on another the next. It could be from someone asking for volunteers, overzealous parents pushing their kids hard, to "hey, we're bored got anything for us" sorta thing. I do agree that there are some coaches that are all about winning and nothing else.

Oh well.......anyone got something sweet I can eat?

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 08/03/11, 01:01 pm

If it was truly about development, then why is it always your best players that mostly guest play in multiple games? Why aren't the worst players on the team being invited to guest play with a sister team in a big game?
I'm not talking about only your team. All of the clubs do it.
I have a lot of respect for your club. Just saying.[/quote]

Well the emails I saw seemed to go out to everyone and he did say that you could ask anytime and if there was space he would let them play. So your fishing for team stacking is misplaced and as far as the lazer team went there would have been a parental revolt if he tried to stack that team. I know our great goalie plays on the other team(s) but she is great and it keeps kids that don't want to play goalie from being forced to play it because someone has too. You guys should talk to LW. He says he doesn't care and he wants to teach. Based on the fact he could have made one super team at the texans and chose not too and could have done the same here and chose not too again seems to suggest he is not lying. So I am inclined to believe what he says. I do agree they probably should have played into D2 at least so guess it's his fault for under estimating the girls.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/03/11, 01:27 pm

go99 wrote:well LW is a lovable guy so you can have that
Speaking of, I am sure all of the D3 girls appreciate how little you guys think of them. As if they don't get enough of a beating from some of these terrible coaches. I have seen some coaches really rail against some little girls for losing to girls younger than them. Never once accepting the blame himself for being outplayed. Not outran, not out hustled, not out competed. Some of the things that I have heard said to these little girls by adults is shameful.

Agreed. Spend five minutes with LW and you'll find out that he doesn't give a hoot about scores or rankings for six year olds. The guy has a track record and reputation for developing players (heck, he pretty much trained the entire Rowdies team)!
Last week he spoke of the need for a greater practice to game ratio for kids of this age so that is where his focus seems to lie from my uneducated viewpoint. Seems his philospophy is that kids develop in their 3 weekly practices more than in their 40 minute game at the weekend. I agree that there is a need to test those new learned skills in a competitive environment - SDL is just one of the many events he has the kids playing in.
It is so weird to me that everyone is going on and on about who is number #1 and why isn't this team playing here or there blah blah.
Let's leave the kids alone with their respective coaches and just let them learn and grow. Let's revisit in a few years and I'm pretty ceratin that given the skill coaching they are receiving, LW's girls will be unrivaled - providing the adults stay out of it !

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next