North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

'02 Scores 3/19-3/20 - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

'02 Scores 3/19-3/20

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

'02 Scores 3/19-3/20 - Page 3 Empty Re: '02 Scores 3/19-3/20

Post by mcik17 22/03/11, 11:36 am

DEUTCHERULES wrote:hmmm...first time on this forum. Had to jump right in to DEFEND Glotz and his reputation....even though not on '02 team. I have only experienced professionalism on and off field from this coach. The parents on our team also show high level of professionalism in controlling their during the game commentary. IF we have ever gotten too loud with our ref disagreements, be sure Glotz has called us out on it. To those who stated " they really don't know anything about GLOTZ" and then continue to undermine...sounds like " jealousy conspiracy theory" against a top notch highly regarded coach that from what I see has a winning team on his hands with this 02 team.

Yes we have had "the talk" from Coach Glotz.....he puts us in our place when we earn his ire! Of course I never do anything wrong....I usually use a high pitched voice to throw the coach and ref off then point fingers at one of the moms! Yes...Glotz's team does have let's say "committed"(passionate) parents. It's what keeps this team so close...both the parents and kids!

mcik17
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember 22/03/11, 01:14 pm

I read your post happyg and it made me think for a second. Why would a Rowdie parent(you clearly are)care so much or be so worried about a Glotz post. The Rowdies have been #1 forever. They have beaten Glotz any time the two have played. If your a Rowdie it does not matter to you what the lower teams are saying about each other, they are all beneath you. Thats the way Rowdies have always looked at the forum. I have talked to a Rowdie parent personally about this. Then it HIT ME. happyg is angry and bitter about Glotz getting so much better(not nearly the best but alot better)but why?? [b]I think it's because happyg is a former Glotz player. Now that player struggles to get off the bench for DM. It drives you crazy seeing Glotz team take off with you gone. The grass is not always greener is it? You can fire back and call me names and say it's a lie, but deep down you know Im right. Your post exposed you.

First time to post on this darn thing and i swore i never would... But, first time for everything. The post above is funny to me as it is clearly directed to one of three players on the Rowdies, since there are only three girls on this team that use to play for Glotz, my dd being one of them. I have personally talked to the other two parents and neither one of them posted this and i certainly did not either. My dd did indeed make a switch almost a year ago to the Rowdies and there was no ill will or evil plot behind the change, just an oppurtunity came to her and we took it. For us it has been the best move. Does she start every game, No! Does she play 50-90% of the time, Yes. Is she developing into a better, smarter, stronger player practice by practice, YES. Is she playing and learning with a group of girls that work so hard and every practice and every game, yes. Is this not what is supposed to be happening at this age? Look, not everyone is going to agree on who is the top team, who is the best coach, etc etc, but why is it that we have to bash 9 year olds? Does it make you feel better to do so? I personally am happy for the Glotz team. I have alot of people over there that i thought were our friends. It is a great group of girls and they are all very athletic. We always have and always will wish them the best and hope that they continue to move up the ladder, apparently those warm fuzzies are not shared by them. Why so much hate to a team that you will most likley merge with in the future anyhow? It always kills me how people hide behind these fake names and bash these kids. They are all working hard and will hopefully all continue to improve each season. These kids have such a long way to go until all of this matters.

Ember
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by ralfdallas 22/03/11, 02:04 pm

Ember wrote:I read your post happyg and it made me think for a second. Why would a Rowdie parent(you clearly are)care so much or be so worried about a Glotz post. The Rowdies have been #1 forever. They have beaten Glotz any time the two have played. If your a Rowdie it does not matter to you what the lower teams are saying about each other, they are all beneath you. Thats the way Rowdies have always looked at the forum. I have talked to a Rowdie parent personally about this. Then it HIT ME. happyg is angry and bitter about Glotz getting so much better(not nearly the best but alot better)but why?? [b]I think it's because happyg is a former Glotz player. Now that player struggles to get off the bench for DM. It drives you crazy seeing Glotz team take off with you gone. The grass is not always greener is it? You can fire back and call me names and say it's a lie, but deep down you know Im right. Your post exposed you.

First time to post on this darn thing and i swore i never would... But, first time for everything. The post above is funny to me as it is clearly directed to one of three players on the Rowdies, since there are only three girls on this team that use to play for Glotz, my dd being one of them. I have personally talked to the other two parents and neither one of them posted this and i certainly did not either. My dd did indeed make a switch almost a year ago to the Rowdies and there was no ill will or evil plot behind the change, just an oppurtunity came to her and we took it. For us it has been the best move. Does she start every game, No! Does she play 50-90% of the time, Yes. Is she developing into a better, smarter, stronger player practice by practice, YES. Is she playing and learning with a group of girls that work so hard and every practice and every game, yes. Is this not what is supposed to be happening at this age? Look, not everyone is going to agree on who is the top team, who is the best coach, etc etc, but why is it that we have to bash 9 year olds? Does it make you feel better to do so? I personally am happy for the Glotz team. I have alot of people over there that i thought were our friends. It is a great group of girls and they are all very athletic. We always have and always will wish them the best and hope that they continue to move up the ladder, apparently those warm fuzzies are not shared by them. Why so much hate to a team that you will most likley merge with in the future anyhow? It always kills me how people hide behind these fake names and bash these kids. They are all working hard and will hopefully all continue to improve each season. These kids have such a long way to go until all of this matters.

Not sure a "merge" should be expected anytime soon, but you are certainly correct that movement between sister Texan teams in the same age group is more likely than not. Not every coach is a fit for every kid. Ya'll should play nice. You never know who you'll find yourself standing with on the same sideline in the small world that is club soccer.
ralfdallas
ralfdallas
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tmcc 22/03/11, 02:57 pm

DoubleDD wrote:
tmcc wrote:
DoubleDD wrote:
tmcc wrote:
WEML wrote:So let's clear up a few things and state both sides. The ref addressed the parents ONCE.

What wasn't seen was an FCD dad telling a mother to shut her "pie hole" to be referred to here on out as "PH" because of celebrating a goal. I believe the PH comment came about because said dad felt that the comment was made amongst FCD parents on their "side". Here is a brain teaser for you: The comment was made in front of the same parents during both halves. There were several FCD parents on Texans side during first and second half cheering their DD and their team on which is their right if they choose to do so. No Texan parent ever said one word to them. Not sure about the necessity of the "PH" comment.

Look, both teams played great. Give credit to each of the team's girls for going and playing their hearts out. Could have gone either way.

Ha ha! Please refer back my thread on parent etiquette.

Do not venture onto the other teams side.

Ah yes...the famous edicutt threads.... Much soccer discussion value there! Smile

More valuable soccer discussion on the etiquette thread than on YOUR bored thread.

Erm, I wasn't trying to make a jab at you, but don't make me go all FCD on you and tell you to shut your pie hole and also, what was the significance of using all caps for "your"?
Did you mean to shout just that one word at me? scratch

Maybe I misread your sarcasm. I took your misspelling of "edicutt" and smiley face as pure sarcasm.....and by the way, I still take it that way. The capitalized YOUR was to point out that the thread called "bored thread" was created by you and has much less valuable soccer discussion than the Etiquette thread I created.

What's funny is that because I called you out, now all of a sudden your comment wasn't sarcastic or jabby. Seriously? Come on DD. As a top poster, man up. The truth will set you free.
tmcc
tmcc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : Sometimes, when you mess with the bull, you get the horns!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/03/11, 03:30 pm

tmcc wrote:
DoubleDD wrote:
tmcc wrote:
DoubleDD wrote:
tmcc wrote:
WEML wrote:So let's clear up a few things and state both sides. The ref addressed the parents ONCE.

What wasn't seen was an FCD dad telling a mother to shut her "pie hole" to be referred to here on out as "PH" because of celebrating a goal. I believe the PH comment came about because said dad felt that the comment was made amongst FCD parents on their "side". Here is a brain teaser for you: The comment was made in front of the same parents during both halves. There were several FCD parents on Texans side during first and second half cheering their DD and their team on which is their right if they choose to do so. No Texan parent ever said one word to them. Not sure about the necessity of the "PH" comment.

Look, both teams played great. Give credit to each of the team's girls for going and playing their hearts out. Could have gone either way.

Ah yes...the famous edicutt threads.... Much soccer discussion value there! Smile

More valuable soccer discussion on the etiquette thread than on YOUR bored thread.

Erm, I wasn't trying to make a jab at you, but don't make me go all FCD on you and tell you to shut your pie hole and also, what was the significance of using all caps for "your"?

Maybe I misread your sarcasm. I took your misspelling of "edicutt" and smiley face as pure sarcasm.....and by the way, I still take it that way. The capitalized YOUR was to point out that the thread called "bored thread" was created by you and has much less valuable soccer discussion than the Etiquette thread I created.

What's funny is that because I called you out, now all of a sudden your comment wasn't sarcastic or jabby. Seriously? Come on DD. As a top poster, man up. The truth will set you free.

No need to get touchy about threads........they are just that. First post really wasn't a jab at you, and the smiley face was what I feel most people see as a happy/kidding icon. No need to be so defensive. Yes, my clearly marked "bored thread" offers a gasp of air from the dry, puckered up slags on this forum. (if you just got offended then you clearly can identify yourself as one, but that is NOT at all what I am saying) It is still being used and doesn't proclaim to be anything other than an avenue for people to post something on slow days where not much is going on.

If you remember, there were quite a few "edicutt" threads that were published that night covering topics such as parking lot edicutt, restroom ettiqete, coach sideline etiket and so forth. I didn't mean to offend YOUR thread and if I did, I do apologize.<-- clear sarcasm.
I'll gladly step aside and allow it/you to have the respect a post should have from a bunch of anonymous posters. <---- jab evident.

If I must clear up my words that were stated without "humor", let's review them so we make sure no more feelings are hurt, we wouldn't want that now would we? (I hope you feel the sarcasm building up) "but don't make me go all FCD on you and tell you to shut your pie hole" is in reference to the thread that someone posted stating that a parent on the sideline told another parent to shut their "Pie Hole" in game play.

I know it's hard to be on the same wavelength as the DoubleDD'er, but that’s ok, not everyone is.

Back to top Go down

Post by tmcc 22/03/11, 05:47 pm

DoubleDD wrote:
tmcc wrote:
DoubleDD wrote:
tmcc wrote:
DoubleDD wrote:
tmcc wrote:

No need to get touchy about threads........they are just that. First post really wasn't a jab at you, and the smiley face was what I feel most people see as a happy/kidding icon. No need to be so defensive. Yes, my clearly marked "bored thread" offers a gasp of air from the dry, puckered up slags on this forum. (if you just got offended then you clearly can identify yourself as one, but that is NOT at all what I am saying) It is still being used and doesn't proclaim to be anything other than an avenue for people to post something on slow days where not much is going on.

If you remember, there were quite a few "edicutt" threads that were published that night covering topics such as parking lot edicutt, restroom ettiqete, coach sideline etiket and so forth. I didn't mean to offend YOUR thread and if I did, I do apologize.<-- clear sarcasm.
I'll gladly step aside and allow it/you to have the respect a post should have from a bunch of anonymous posters. <---- jab evident.

If I must clear up my words that were stated without "humor", let's review them so we make sure no more feelings are hurt, we wouldn't want that now would we? (I hope you feel the sarcasm building up) "but don't make me go all FCD on you and tell you to shut your pie hole" is in reference to the thread that someone posted stating that a parent on the sideline told another parent to shut their "Pie Hole" in game play.

I know it's hard to be on the same wavelength as the DoubleDD'er, but that’s ok, not everyone is.

Thank God for that.
tmcc
tmcc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : Sometimes, when you mess with the bull, you get the horns!

Back to top Go down

Post by builderboy 22/03/11, 06:46 pm

bwgophers wrote:Still need the following SDL Scores:

DT South '02 v. Solar Stav
Feet '02 v. DT Vigil
Aces Black v. FCD Renfro
Aces Red v. Sting Shephard
Andro Navy v. Fusion
Bandits v. TFC Sedeh
Cosmos v. Feet '03
FCD Ptak v. Solar East Snachez
FCD West Kim v. Mustangs

Any help is greatly appreciated!

FCD RENFRO 4
ACES BLACK 2

builderboy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/03/11, 10:42 pm

@ember. Nicely said. Very disappointed at the snipping directed at the parents of ANY child on this forum. In it's very essence it casts a veil of aspersion on the child. I am not a fan of this game. But I am a fan of my DD and wish only the best for any athlete pursuing this difficult sport. Our move as well was appropriate for our DD. She has improved immensely and is having fun which for me IS the only end goal. Well that and keeping her relatively injury free. I'm sure others feel differently and have a different agenda for their DD. That's a parent's prerogative. I wish everyone well and hope all the girls stay happy and healthy. Just my two cents but in this economy that would b really $.0175, so not much. I say let's all play nicely in the sandbox and try not to use this forum as a litter box.

Oh, to the rhinestone haters: i hate t-shirts so if I wear a team logo to support my DD then at least the bling makes it more palatable for me. (light sarcasm meant only in jest/no meanness intended).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/03/11, 11:02 pm

LK'sMom wrote:@ember. Nicely said. Very disappointed at the snipping directed at the parents of ANY child on this forum. In it's very essence it casts a veil of aspersion on the child. I am not a fan of this game. But I am a fan of my DD and wish only the best for any athlete pursuing this difficult sport. Our move as well was appropriate for our DD. She has improved immensely and is having fun which for me IS the only end goal. Well that and keeping her relatively injury free. I'm sure others feel differently and have a different agenda for their DD. That's a parent's prerogative. I wish everyone well and hope all the girls stay happy and healthy. Just my two cents but in this economy that would b really $.0175, so not much. I say let's all play nicely in the sandbox and try not to use this forum as a litter box.

Oh, to the rhinestone haters: i hate t-shirts so if I wear a team logo to support my DD then at least the bling makes it more palatable for me. (light sarcasm meant only in jest/no meanness intended).

Giggle cherry

I'm all for supporting the DD's, but if you must wear rhinestones, please limit it to one clothing item at a time.
It's in poor taste when you blind the other team's goalie with bedazzled cap, shirt, hoodie and sunglasses. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/03/11, 11:10 pm

DoubleDD wrote:
LK'sMom wrote:@ember. Nicely said. Very disappointed at the snipping directed at the parents of ANY child on this forum. In it's very essence it casts a veil of aspersion on the child. I am not a fan of this game. But I am a fan of my DD and wish only the best for any athlete pursuing this difficult sport. Our move as well was appropriate for our DD. She has improved immensely and is having fun which for me IS the only end goal. Well that and keeping her relatively injury free. I'm sure others feel differently and have a different agenda for their DD. That's a parent's prerogative. I wish everyone well and hope all the girls stay happy and healthy. Just my two cents but in this economy that would b really $.0175, so not much. I say let's all play nicely in the sandbox and try not to use this forum as a litter box.

Giggle cherry

I'm all for supporting the DD's, but if you must wear rhinestones, please limit it to one clothing item at a time.
It's in poor taste when you blind the other team's goalie with bedazzled cap, shirt, hoodie and sunglasses. Very Happy

Sorry, only one bling item at a time for me. Don't do caps and very rarely remember to bring my plain shades. I would not want to blind my goalie DD.... sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/03/11, 01:07 am

Feet '02 v. DT Vigil
Aces Black v. FCD Renfro
Andro Navy v. Fusion
Bandits v. TFC Sedeh
Cosmos v. Feet '03
FCD West Kim v. Mustangs

Got some, still need a few more... Bueller... Bueller...

Back to top Go down

Post by SocrPlayer 23/03/11, 08:07 am

DT Vigil -0
Feet - 1

SocrPlayer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by turftoe9 23/03/11, 08:24 am

bwgophers wrote:

Feet '02 v. DT Vigil
Aces Black v. FCD Renfro
Andro Navy v. Fusion
Bandits v. TFC Sedeh
Cosmos v. Feet '03
FCD West Kim v. Mustangs

Got some, still need a few more... Bueller... Bueller...

Heard Cosmos-3 & Feet 03-0
turftoe9
turftoe9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer_chick 23/03/11, 09:53 am

FCD Ptak 1 v. Solar East Snachez 3

soccer_chick
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster