North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Pimetimecup Championship Results - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

Pimetimecup Championship Results

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Pimetimecup Championship Results - Page 2 Empty Re: Pimetimecup Championship Results

Post by lovesoccer 15/05/11, 09:52 pm

Master Bates wrote:Time for solar to play-up in a tournament!

Solar '04 did last month in the WSC Tulsa Oklahoma tournament. They tied for 3rd with their sister '03 Dynamo team.

lovesoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Pimetimecup Championship Results - Page 2 Empty Re: Pimetimecup Championship Results

Post by Shelby427 15/05/11, 10:11 pm

Moosh98 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
Master Bates wrote:I'm not saying they're the top 03 team, that would be Juventus followed by Sting, but they are easily a D1 team!

No. SRSA WEBB is 1, DT South Adames is 2 then juve then sting and a couple more. This solar team might be top 10 but certainly not top 4.

top 4 was referring to the teams actually playing in the 03 division

Careful how you word this.. you take away from the best teams. You didn't specify SDL, you said top teams plus, this team doesn't even play in D1 SDL. You gave the impression that this 03 solar team was top tier and it just is not true.

I am sure you wouldn't like it for someone not to include Dalglish in 04 rankings.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 15/05/11, 10:13 pm

KennyPowers wrote:Congratulations to Fever United Red!! Girls played hard despite losing "their best player..." and not being able to pass the ball. Losing by one goal in championship game is nothing to be ashamed of. Keep playing hard and most of all, keep having fun!! Congrats also to Solar Kennington and GSSC for finishing 1st and 3rd. Way to go girls!!

Fever is a good team for U7... curious to know if they had quest players as I heard they were short for the week and looking for help.

Also, I knew GSSC was a good team playing in Primetime. I am glad they finished well as they earned it.

Finally, I think this just reinforces that Solar Kennington is the 04 team to beat for now.

Last edited by Shelby427 on 15/05/11, 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 15/05/11, 10:18 pm

Dalglish isn't the only top 04 team that plays 03s or other tough competition (boys teams). Several of the top 04 teams play such competition in other tournament like Solar or in their indoor leagues.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/05/11, 07:29 am

Seems to me that it's getting too easy for solar in the local tourneys .... I would like to see how they do against teams like Webb and GSSC
As you mentioned before Shelby you were interested to see the goal differentials versus Dalglish (your thoughts on that?) and I'd feel the same about solar. It's not all about winning at this age, soccer needs to be taught properly and those girls who learn to pass and move against tough opposition will have the advantage. JK knows what he's doing so maybe he will play them up soon in a PT or similar tourney.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 16/05/11, 08:12 am

Shelby427 wrote:

Dalglish isn't the only top 04 team that plays 03s or other tough competition (boys teams). Several of the top 04 teams play such competition in other tournament like Solar or in their indoor leagues.

No shelby, It's just the only one that matters. !boom! I'll be here all week, make sure to tip your waitress.

Solar Kenn is definitely on top in the 04's. Maybe the problems on the boys side of things has given him extra time to focus on the girls. DT rosey will be challenging next season and could benefit from a faultering rowdies. What's going on with the Rowdies? Will DM and the Rowdy bunch be ready to compete with the top dogs next season? The older team is playing, so has the younger team been deemed unworthy to carry the DM name or is he letting them stew in the DM pot of excellence a little longer befor unleashing them next season on the unsuspecting 04's? DT south finally showed and hasn't been the show I expected. What's going on over there and will they join the real party in SDL next season? Don't know what all the Fever noise was but they still have plenty of players over there. Dropping the gauntlet on behalf of Beardsley. They will be ready to challenge next season. Move the ball with the best of them but need someone who can shoot the ball. It's a busy summer for the Weddallheads so they will be ready.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KennyPowers 16/05/11, 08:32 am

Fever United (F.U.) have always had 9 players in order to give the girls adequate playing time. Lost 1 player (and we wish her well). We had one guest player who played sparingly...We lost to a good solar team but not dominated. Congrats again to all the girls.
KennyPowers
KennyPowers
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 16/05/11, 08:53 am

go99 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:

No shelby, It's just the only one that matters. !boom! I'll be here all week, make sure to tip your waitress.

Solar Kenn is definitely on top in the 04's. Maybe the problems on the boys side of things has given him extra time to focus on the girls. DT rosey will be challenging next season and could benefit from a faultering rowdies. What's going on with the Rowdies? Will DM and the Rowdy bunch be ready to compete with the top dogs next season? The older team is playing, so has the younger team been deemed unworthy to carry the DM name or is he letting them stew in the DM pot of excellence a little longer befor unleashing them next season on the unsuspecting 04's? DT south finally showed and hasn't been the show I expected. What's going on over there and will they join the real party in SDL next season? Don't know what all the Fever noise was but they still have plenty of players over there. Dropping the gauntlet on behalf of Beardsley. They will be ready to challenge next season. Move the ball with the best of them but need someone who can shoot the ball. It's a busy summer for the Weddallheads so they will be ready.

I don't know. Fever lost to the best 04 team by one, and DT South tied Fever in the championship game tourn two weeks ago. I'd say they are all top 04 teams as usual.

At this age you will have fluctuations on any given weekend due to their age. Consistency is not a given for U7s.

To me the only CLEAR leader in the group is Kennington by fact they are beating all of the 04s most consistently. Dalglish may well be there too, but as I have said, until Dalglish plays a top 04, or an 03 team that other 04s play, we simply have no scale to measure by.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/05/11, 08:58 am

Dalglish beat Whelan, solar lost to Whelan 7-1.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 16/05/11, 09:15 am

Master Bates wrote:Dalglish beat Whelan, solar lost to Whelan 7-1.

When and where? Obviously there is more to that stoy. There is no way Dalglish is that much better than Solar Kennington.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GeorgiaDawg 16/05/11, 10:28 am

lovesoccer wrote:
KennyPowers wrote:Congratulations to Fever United Red!! Girls played hard despite losing "their best player..." and not being able to pass the ball. Losing by one goal in championship game is nothing to be ashamed of. Keep playing hard and most of all, keep having fun!! Congrats also to Solar Kennington and GSSC for finishing 1st and 3rd. Way to go girls!!

A game make or break shouldn't be dependent on 1 player. Soccer is a team sport and 1 player shouldn't change the whole game. I will say after playing Fever today the team was good and has many shinning stars it's just up to the coach to make them sparkle.

I am very proud of the all the girls Fever & GSSC Thunders both played good games. Solar was just the more dominating team this weekend with their passing and with several new strong offensive & defensive girls. This team has a strong future.

The loss of one player will not affect this team. Fever has some of the best '04 athletes out there, and the parents are first class too.
GeorgiaDawg
GeorgiaDawg
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/05/11, 10:56 am

Shelby427 wrote:

When and where? Obviously there is more to that stoy. There is no way Dalglish is that much better than Solar Kennington.

That much better, no. IMO they are just a little deeper in strong players. There are a few solar players that could easily play on Dalglish and V.versa. Same with DTNorth.

Back to top Go down

Post by SunDevil 16/05/11, 11:13 am

Shelby427 wrote:
go99 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:

I don't know. Fever lost to the best 04 team by one, and DT South tied Fever in the championship game tourn two weeks ago. I'd say they are all top 04 teams as usual.

At this age you will have fluctuations on any given weekend due to their age. Consistency is not a given for U7s.

To me the only CLEAR leader in the group is Kennington by fact they are beating all of the 04s most consistently. Dalglish may well be there too, but as I have said, until Dalglish plays a top 04, or an 03 team that other 04s play, we simply have no scale to measure by.

'04 Fever played '03 GSSC Black in the Panda Cup on May 7, 2011 and tied them. They also beat '03 GSSC White and '03 FC Dallas in the same tourney in Carrollton. Having watched all the "top" '04 teams play, including Daglish, it appears they are all very good teams and can be very competitive with each other, it has been fun just watching all the teams grow and improve.

SunDevil
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobo_Momma 16/05/11, 12:09 pm

Master Bates wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:

That much better, no. IMO they are just a little deeper in strong players. There are a few solar players that could easily play on Dalglish and V.versa. Same with DTNorth.
I heard one more big time addition is on her way to Dalglish. Is this the last piece? Hearing not good enough to catch details. Dang it!
Lobo_Momma
Lobo_Momma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 16/05/11, 01:44 pm

This post like your screen name is a joke right? I love the whole over the top cheerleader coach speech to an audience of girls that don't read this site. Very funny ken pow

Last edited by coachr on 16/05/11, 01:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 16/05/11, 01:46 pm

Lobo_Momma wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:

I heard one more big time addition is on her way to Dalglish. Is this the last piece? Hearing not good enough to catch details. Dang it!
That is rockin like dokken! Bam! Scoreboard!
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 16/05/11, 01:49 pm

KennyPowers wrote:Fever United (F.U.) have always had 9 players in order to give the girls adequate playing time. Lost 1 player (and we wish her well). We had one guest player who played sparingly...We lost to a good solar team but not dominated. Congrats again to all the girls.
Do all Fever parents talk to thin air? I heard y'all were a new breed on the sideline but I thought it meant something else?
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/05/11, 01:54 pm

coachr wrote:
KennyPowers wrote:Fever United (F.U.) have always had 9 players in order to give thke girls adequate playing time. Lost 1 player (and we wish her well). We had one guest player who played sparingly...We lost to a good solar team but not dominated. Congrats again to all the girls.
Do all Fever parents talk to thin air? I heard y'all were a new breed on the sideline but I thought it meant something else?

Did somebody say OVER THE TOP???

Back to top Go down

Post by 2good4u 16/05/11, 05:50 pm

Lots of fun this past weekend with many interesting match-ups and results.

LP Dalglish/Reds are the best 04 team. They looked competitive in the 03 division but will need more to consistently win games against good 03s. They especially looked good against Solar Red but didn't perform as well against Irving Elite and GSSC Black. I predict they will finish in the middle of the pack of 03 D2 next season.

Solar Kennington keeps on plugging away and winning. The gap does seem to be narrowing though as some of their games were really close. They are trying to focus more on playing as a team and I like that.

Fever has been playing really well lately. Their speed and aggression are impressive. They have some skilled players as well. Even with the loss of a great player, they will be tough to beat.

TX spirit and GSSC 04 are the next best with TBG and Beardsley very close behind.

Rowdies, Texans North, and DT south did not play this past weekend. I would like to see some of these teams play against the above mentioned. Rowdies are MIA. DT south almost beat Fever in the prior tournament. Solar will play DT north this week at Blue Sky. Should be an interesting summer. Player movement will definitely continue into SDL and Primetime in the Fall.

2good4u
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 16/05/11, 08:26 pm

Daglish always struggles late in tournaments especially after the long breaks in between games. A really fun group that likes to hang out together. Unfortunately also a very physical energetic bunch that is difficult to get to sit down and rest. Maybe we could use some sort of babysitting service Very Happy or something. lol. Maybe a portable TV so they can sit still.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 16/05/11, 09:22 pm

Shelby427 wrote:

Dalglish played Whelan twice in the winter indoor league. They beat Whelan 5-3 and lost the 2nd game 5-4. That was before several player additions to Dalglish. Much stronger and deeper team now. Nothin to the story. And why would Solar play up an age in an Oklahoma tourney and not down here, competition not as strong in Ok?
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 16/05/11, 09:58 pm

Moosh98 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:

Dalglish played Whelan twice in the winter indoor league. They beat Whelan 5-3 and lost the 2nd game 5-4. That was before several player additions to Dalglish. Much stronger and deeper team now. Nothin to the story. And why would Solar play up an age in an Oklahoma tourney and not down here, competition not as strong in Ok?

Coach's decision to mix competition against 03s and 04s. Nothing wrong with that.

There are few things more important in sports than confidence. If you never win a tournament because you always play above your head, your kids will eventually get used to finishing out of place and believing they cant. Also, they will get used to excuses (they are older… they are supposed to win ect.).

One could ask why Dalglish never plays top 04 teams... If the coach was smart and confident in his team, he would play the Dalgish girls in at least one 04 tournament to give them a taste of championship victory. Nothing can be more addicting and motivational to kids than for them to taste such a victory and want more.

Not every good athletic and skilled kid playing soccer U7 is going to play into select. Some will stop before U10, some shortly after. Some will get burned out and some will fall in love with other sports and activities. What a shame for a good group of girls, and those who don’t move on, to spend there time losing because the coach wants to make them better? This should be a fun time for them and nothing is more fun to kids in sports than winning... I am not saying it’s all about wins, yes development is just as important, but the truth is, it is about the correct balance of these. They can scrimmage older girls whenever they want… they can play up in certain tournaments.. but to deny these talented girls a run at victory because the coach has an ego… that’s sad.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 16/05/11, 10:18 pm

Shelby427 wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:

Coach's decision to mix competition against 03s and 04s. Nothing wrong with that.

There are few things more important in sports than confidence. If you never win a tournament because you always play above your head, your kids will eventually get used to finishing out of place and believing they cant. Also, they will get used to excuses (they are older… they are supposed to win ect.).

One could ask why Dalglish never plays top 04 teams... If the coach was smart and confident in his team, he would play the Dalgish girls in at least one 04 tournament to give them a taste of championship victory. Nothing can be more addicting and motivational to kids than for them to taste such a victory and want more.

Not every good athletic and skilled kid playing soccer U7 is going to play into select. Some will stop before U10, some shortly after. Some will get burned out and some will fall in love with other sports and activities. What a shame for a good group of girls, and those who don’t move on, to spend there time losing because the coach wants to make them better? This should be a fun time for them and nothing is more fun to kids in sports than winning... I am not saying it’s all about wins, yes development is just as important, but the truth is, it is about the correct balance of these. They can scrimmage older girls whenever they want… they can play up in certain tournaments.. but to deny these talented girls a run at victory because the coach has an ego… that’s sad.

Not sure whats so sad, Dalglish doesnt exactly have a losing record. And if JK wants to mix it up with 03s, why not do it around here? Let us all know what tourneys Solar will be in. Maybe we can convince LW to play in one, cause I dont know that Solar will come play where we are
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 16/05/11, 10:24 pm

Moosh98 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:

Not sure whats so sad, Dalglish doesnt exactly have a losing record. And if JK wants to mix it up with 03s, why not do it around here? Let us all know what tourneys Solar will be in. Maybe we can convince LW to play in one, cause I dont know that Solar will come play where we are

Looks like you will have a good shot at placing this weekend since there are only 4 03 teams signed up it seems.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosh98 16/05/11, 10:31 pm

Shelby427 wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
Moosh98 wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:

Looks like you will have a good shot at placing this weekend since there are only 4 03 teams signed up it seems.

Not trying to fill the shelves with trophies. If thats what it was all about Dalglish would play U7 tournies every week.
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 16/05/11, 10:44 pm

Talking about ego. You make a profound statement as if you know anything about what you are talking about. What you are saying flies directly in contrast to the thinking of all of the experts on the subject of soccer development. Now either they are all idiots or you are but I am banking on them. I will applaude the typical american win now mentality. Forget development, because you won't be playing later anyway. Just go out and win now. Under your philosophy why don't the Daglish girls just play down into D2 or D3, they could really stack up the wins then. Or how about he just stack all of his best girls on the Daglish team and dismantle Beardsley and keegan. Make one rowdies style super team and crush all of the competition. Read an article from Xavi about Barcelona. He stated that at U11 Espanyol would beat Barca easily 3 to 0. But in the end Barca would have 3 or more make it to elite players and espanyol would have none. Guess it's good they don't take your advice. I am sure all of the parents on Daglish appreciate your concern for their kids. Afterall, you are only trying to protect them from and ego maniac coach who will only hurt them as people in the end. I am sure your vast knowledge of soccer and your countless stories of success and indepth research has led you to this highly qualified statement. Last season was too easy was your complaint. Now it's too hard. If they win one of the tournaments can you remove the coach from your worst most egomaniacle coaches list?"
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next