North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Week 7 SDL Scores Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Week 7 SDL Scores

Go down

Week 7 SDL Scores Empty Week 7 SDL Scores

Post by KSD 30/10/11, 06:16 pm

LP Barnes 5
Solar White Kennington 4

One of the D1 Kenn players (unbelievably good... bent corners like Beckham and had amazing footskills) wasn't able to travel to the tourney Kenn played in so she stayed and guested with Solar White. Apparently Solar White was missing a few girls as they went to the tourney which is why she guested. A great, and super intense, game by both teams.
KSD
KSD
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Week 7 SDL Scores Empty Re: Week 7 SDL Scores

Post by Moosh98 30/10/11, 06:28 pm

What was the outcome between TBG and the Rowdies?
Moosh98
Moosh98
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TBGsoccer 30/10/11, 06:31 pm

Moosh98 wrote:What was the outcome between TBG and the Rowdies?

Rowdies 2
Tbg 1
TBGsoccer
TBGsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sota34 30/10/11, 06:36 pm

Texas Spirit North Red 5
Solar Red Crushers 1

heard

Texas Spirit North Gray 6
TBG #2 0

sota34
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mtorres 30/10/11, 06:43 pm

TBGsoccer wrote:

Rowdies 2
Tbg 1

Great Job with the girls Coach Freddy. Very Happy I'm sure nobody (including me) had TBG losing their first SDL game in week 7. Keep up the great progess.
mtorres
mtorres
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bhamilton1 30/10/11, 09:57 pm

kellersoccerdad wrote:LP Barnes 5
Solar White Kennington 4

One of the D1 Kenn players (unbelievably good... bent corners like Beckham and had amazing footskills) wasn't able to travel to the tourney Kenn played in so she stayed and guested with Solar White. Apparently Solar White was missing a few girls as they went to the tourney which is why she guested. A great, and super intense, game by both teams.

That was a great game. Hard fought by both teams. I wish every game could be as competitive as that one. Liverpool Barnes was very impressive and has great talent. They are definitely one of the teams to watch out for as they move up the ladder. And Kellersoccerdad, your DD is the real deal. An 05? She has some serious skills.

bhamilton1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KSD 31/10/11, 08:08 am

bhamilton1 wrote:
Solar White Kennington 4

That was a great game. Hard fought by both teams. I wish every game could be as competitive as that one. Liverpool Barnes was very impressive and has great talent. They are definitely one of the teams to watch out for as they move up the ladder. And Kellersoccerdad, your DD is the real deal. An 05? She has some serious skills.

Thanks for the kind words about my DD, bhamilton. She does love the game and works very hard to get better.

When I asked our coach, after the game, if he had ever seen a 7 or 8 year old girl bend corners like your DD did his reply was, "I haven't seen many 10 year olds that can take corners like that!" Your DD plays the beautiful game with amazing skill and determination. You should be a very proud Dad.
KSD
KSD
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer4ever 31/10/11, 08:43 am

TBGsoccer wrote:

Rowdies 2
Tbg 1

Didn't these two teams already play each other in SDL?

soccer4ever
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/10/11, 09:00 am

I can only think of one other 04 that can bend the ball and truly be able to manipulate it. Wonderful when you see it, these girls will make the current crop of fast aggressive players look silly later on in Select.

Back to top Go down

Post by mtorres 31/10/11, 09:34 am

soccer4ever wrote:
TBGsoccer wrote:

Rowdies 2
Tbg 1

Didn't these two teams already play each other in SDL?

Yes. But DT Davis opted not to play TBG this weekend. So they switched with DT Rowdies.
mtorres
mtorres
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by youthsports 31/10/11, 10:04 am

Master Bates wrote:I can only think of one other 04 that can bend the ball and truly be able to manipulate it. Wonderful when you see it, these girls will make the current crop of fast aggressive players look silly later on in Select.

Master Bates, with all due respect speed is everything in soccer. I went to watch my Aggies play the Longhorns in soccer on Friday and the Texas Aggie women were much faster, aggressive and athletic than the Longhorn women's soccer team. The difference is speed was so apparent that even some of the Longhorn parents commented on it after the game.

The two teams were about equally matched in skill but the Aggie women were much faster and that was the difference.

Skill is important but it is a big field and speed really does make a difference. As it does in most outdoor sports.

youthsports
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KSD 31/10/11, 10:17 am

youthsports wrote:
Master Bates wrote:I can only think of one other 04 that can bend the ball and truly be able to manipulate it. Wonderful when you see it, these girls will make the current crop of fast aggressive players look silly later on in Select.

Master Bates, with all due respect speed is everything in soccer. I went to watch my Aggies play the Longhorns in soccer on Friday and the Texas Aggie women were much faster, aggressive and athletic than the Longhorn women's soccer team. The difference is speed was so apparent that even some of the Longhorn parents commented on it after the game.

The two teams were about equally matched in skill but the Aggie women were much faster and that was the difference.

Skill is important but it is a big field and speed really does make a difference. As it does in most outdoor sports.

For the record, the aforementioned Solar player I am talking about has amazing speed with the ball at her feet. But, more importantly, the soccer ball does EVERYTHING she wants it to. My DD plays on LP Barnes and I don't personally know this Solar player... but she has mad soccer skills and should be recognized for it.

I wish this YOUTH SOCCER forum focused more on compliments and how we, as an entire North Texas soccer community, can develop our girls into the best soccer players in the country. Instead, we spend most of our time tearing each other down which, when you think about it, means we are tearing 7 and 8 year old girls down. Sad, really.

Last edited by kellersoccerdad on 31/10/11, 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
KSD
KSD
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 31/10/11, 10:22 am

I wish this YOUTH SOCCER forum focused more on compliments and how we, as a entire North Texas soccer community, can develop our girls into the best soccer players in the country. Instead, we spend most of our time tearing each other down which, when you think about it, means we are tearing 7 and 8 year old girls down. Sad, really.

[/quote]

Bravo cheers
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobo_Momma 31/10/11, 10:26 am

04 LP Dalglish 7
03 Solar Blue Llamas 1

04 LP Keegan 0
04 LP Dalglish 6
Lobo_Momma
Lobo_Momma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KSD 31/10/11, 10:31 am

Lobo_Momma wrote:04 LP Dalglish 7
03 Solar Blue Llamas 1

04 LP Keegan 0
04 LP Dalglish 6

For the record, from what I have been told, the Keegan v Dalglish game was played because Solar Kenn played in a tourney in Oklahoma and wasn't available to play Keegan.
KSD
KSD
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/10/11, 10:43 am

youthsports wrote:

Sorry, youre incorrect IMO, speed isonly everything. if you have great skills there is not much a "speed" player can match you with. Why do you think most Academy coaches base their practices on skills? Ask a Brazilian or a coach at Ajax what they base their soccer on? It's something that we as a country have to realize. Look at the Japanese women's team? Look at Barca. Not all their players have speed!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 31/10/11, 11:01 am

Master Bates wrote:
youthsports wrote:

Sorry, youre incorrect IMO, speed isonly everything. if you have great skills there is not much a "speed" player can match you with. Why do you think most Academy coaches base their practices on skills? Ask a Brazilian or a coach at Ajax what they base their soccer on? It's something that we as a country have to realize. Look at the Japanese women's team? Look at Barca. Not all their players have speed!

Seriously, the speed vs. skill argument again... LOL...

It is best to have both to play at the top levels. Skill can compensate for little speed but only to a certain extent. Speed can compensate for little skill, but again, only to a certain extent.

A player with no skill will not play at top levels and excel regardless of speed.

A player with no speed but great skills will play keeper Laughing j/k

But seriously, a player with crazy skills can play with little speed, but probably not at the top levels.

Fortunately, skill can be increased and contrary to popular belief, speed and quickness can also be increased with proper training up to a point.

The best players will have some combination of speed and skill at varying degrees.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/10/11, 11:17 am

So if you took some speed put of Messi would he not be a good player? Could he cope as a professional?

Back to top Go down

Post by youthsports 31/10/11, 12:00 pm

The majority of brazilian national team players are blazing fast. Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Roberto Carlos, even a lot of the new ones that I saw in the Mexico game recently. Now granted Neymar and Kaka are not very fast but they are extremely skilled. As for Ajax, they were my favorite team growing up and they always have fast wingers. In fact, Wesley Sneijder, Robbie Van Persie, Arjen Robben, and some other Dutch national players are all known for their pace.

I agree with you that skill is very important, we just disagree on the importance of speed. I think that in some positions, notable wingers, forwards and left and right back--speed is crucial.

youthsports
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jen_nah 31/10/11, 12:08 pm

kellersoccerdad wrote:
bhamilton1 wrote:
Solar White Kennington 4

Thanks for the kind words about my DD, bhamilton. She does love the game and works very hard to get better.

When I asked our coach, after the game, if he had ever seen a 7 or 8 year old girl bend corners like your DD did his reply was, "I haven't seen many 10 year olds that can take corners like that!" Your DD plays the beautiful game with amazing skill and determination. You should be a very proud Dad.

We know bhamiliton & his dd personally and played with them in the past. His dd is an AMAZING soccer player. This little girl loves this sport and she has great parents that support her dreams. I agree not many girls this age can bend the ball like she can. My dd is trying so hard and has done a few times but it's like 1-10 where BH dd it's consistent.

jen_nah
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerMom17 31/10/11, 09:57 pm

Gunner9 wrote:

I wish this YOUTH SOCCER forum focused more on compliments and how we, as a entire North Texas soccer community, can develop our girls into the best soccer players in the country. Instead, we spend most of our time tearing each other down which, when you think about it, means we are tearing 7 and 8 year old girls down. Sad, really.

Bravo cheers

I have to AGREE!

TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by yellowcard5 01/11/11, 03:06 pm

Master Bates wrote:So if you took some speed put of Messi would he not be a good player? Could he cope as a professional?

My first inclination was to say yes, he could cope. But the more I thought about it, my answer changed to no. He is probably the fastest player in the world when it comes to changing direction and first 1,2 or 3 steps.

I think if you take that away from him, he is too small to be anywhere near the player he is today. I'm not ready to make the argument yet, but it could be made that without his speed, he isn't playing in a top European league.

yellowcard5
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Week 7 SDL Scores Empty Bravo Keller Dad

Post by WingNut 01/11/11, 03:46 pm

kellersoccerdad wrote:
youthsports wrote:

For the record, the aforementioned Solar player I am talking about has amazing speed with the ball at her feet. But, more importantly, the soccer ball does EVERYTHING she wants it to. My DD plays on LP Barnes and I don't personally know this Solar player... but she has mad soccer skills and should be recognized for it.

I wish this YOUTH SOCCER forum focused more on compliments and how we, as an entire North Texas soccer community, can develop our girls into the best soccer players in the country. Instead, we spend most of our time tearing each other down which, when you think about it, means we are tearing 7 and 8 year old girls down. Sad, really.

cheers cheers cheers cheers
WingNut
WingNut
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down