North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

New Club forming in Flower Mound, Corinth and Denton Area Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

New Club forming in Flower Mound, Corinth and Denton Area

Go down

New Club forming in Flower Mound, Corinth and Denton Area Empty New Club forming in Flower Mound, Corinth and Denton Area

Post by gooner 27/02/12, 04:44 pm

The Celtic Soccer Club is now accepting players to come out and try out for the following teams:

'01,'02, '03, '04 & '05 Girls - Contact Carrie Langford @ 817-403-4011

'01,'02, '03, '04 & '05 Boys- Contact Jerame Cordeiro @ 615-968-6818

&

The Celtic Soccer Club is now offering skills practice for the following ages:

'01, '02, '03, '04 & '05 Boys & Girls. Practice will be held on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 6:00 - 7:30pm. Please contact Carrie Langford @ 817-403-4011 if you're interested. Coaching will be Jerame Cordeiro & Alex Fichera (former FC Dallas Player).

Thank you!!!

Last edited by gooner on 02/03/12, 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
gooner
gooner
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

New Club forming in Flower Mound, Corinth and Denton Area Empty Re: New Club forming in Flower Mound, Corinth and Denton Area

Post by dirknowitzki 28/02/12, 02:40 pm

Thats funny. You were just recently on other threads asking other teams how many players they need and you are really trying to figure out where to recruit kids from?
dirknowitzki
dirknowitzki
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

New Club forming in Flower Mound, Corinth and Denton Area Empty Re: New Club forming in Flower Mound, Corinth and Denton Area

Post by Joe scafone 28/02/12, 06:02 pm

dirknowitzki wrote:Thats funny. You were just recently on other threads asking other teams how many players they need and you are really trying to figure out where to recruit kids from?
cheers

Joe scafone
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by javajake 01/03/12, 04:02 pm

I don't get it. Why play for your club versus all the other clubs that are advertising for open slots? Everyone likes to say they are starting a new club or a new team. But what makes yours better than the 60 or so teams already formed? Do soccer coaches not understand how to market and differentiate themselves?

Hello. My club will be called Celtic. Come play for us.

That ain't a reason for people to come out with less than six months until signing for a year on select contracts and qualifying.
javajake
javajake
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gooner 01/03/12, 07:35 pm

I don't get it. Why play for your club versus all the other clubs that are advertising for open slots? A group of people in the Denton/Corinth/Lantana area have decided to start up a new club. They are trying to establish something in the area that will be beneficial for soccer players and cost effective for parents.

Everyone likes to say they are starting a new club or a new team. They are actually going to be starting a club they just got their non-profit status approved and are beginning the process of finding more coaches and would like to build teams.

But what makes yours better than the 60 or so teams already formed? They are just starting so as of yet they can't say they are better than anyone. If you call the contact numbers above they would be more than happy to discuss what plans are in place and I think from a financial aspect they will be well under the cost of many of the above stated 60 organizations.

Do soccer coaches not understand how to market and differentiate themselves? I am certain many of them don't, they are soccer coaches not marketing consultants. Hopefully the person Celtic decides to run their marketing will do a good job for the club and coaches.

Hello. My club will be called Celtic. Come play for us. The Club will be called Celtic, all they are trying to do is have open skills right now to see if they can build teams in younger age groups.

That ain't (isn't) a reason for people to come out with less than six months until signing for a year on select contracts and qualifying. The original post wasn't just for 02 age group it was for 5 age groups.

Celtic SC is trying to build something and I think they have a good group of individuals trying to start something fresh and new in an area that needs it.

I hope this answers some of the above questions.
gooner
gooner
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BetweenDaTouchLines 02/03/12, 07:35 am

This is sad and it’s pretty simple to read between the lines here. Every year we see a “New Club” forming and posts about "adding players" or "come to our skills". In my experience it’s almost always the parent of a kid that coached rec. soccer who thinks they can do it better so they slap a few Dads together and think they’re a club. Talk is cheap until you’re actually out there trying to build teams and keep players in DFW, which is the most competitive soccer market in the country. When the big clubs come a knocking… and they will, you’ll be left with 4 kids and a rec. coach. That's the reason we stay with our club, which is one of the larger ones around.

All these posts about this new club are comical. Have you noticed that there is no website, no actual info to be found anywhere and we have not seen anything about who is setting this up and what their credentials even are? Rule of thumb in our house is if it's a rec Dad... not interested. If it's a coach currently under contract with another club... not interested and if they are going after kids currently under contract... not interested. I know first hand that these guys are trying to build an 01 team by recruiting from existing select teams. Isn’t that a big no no? They are starting off by breaking the rules… what will they do when the going gets tough?

BetweenDaTouchLines
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 02/03/12, 07:51 am

BetweenDaTouchLines wrote:This is sad and it’s pretty simple to read between the lines here. Every year we see a “New Club” forming and posts about "adding players" or "come to our skills". In my experience it’s almost always the parent of a kid that coached rec. soccer who thinks they can do it better so they slap a few Dads together and think they’re a club. Talk is cheap until you’re actually out there trying to build teams and keep players in DFW, which is the most competitive soccer market in the country. When the big clubs come a knocking… and they will, you’ll be left with 4 kids and a rec. coach. That's the reason we stay with our club, which is one of the larger ones around.

All these posts about this new club are comical. Have you noticed that there is no website, no actual info to be found anywhere and we have not seen anything about who is setting this up and what their credentials even are? Rule of thumb in our house is if it's a rec Dad... not interested. If it's a coach currently under contract with another club... not interested and if they are going after kids currently under contract... not interested. I know first hand that these guys are trying to build an 01 team by recruiting from existing select teams. Isn’t that a big no no? They are starting off by breaking the rules… what will they do when the going gets tough?

You know what's also comical? Its people who come here with such strong opinions as is stated above, but have to create a new account to post it. Why not simply post it from your existing account?
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by helvetii 02/03/12, 02:03 pm

I know first hand that these guys are trying to build an 01 team by recruiting from existing select teams. Isn’t that a big no no? They are starting off by breaking the rules… what will they do when the going gets tough?[b]

It appears that your first hand knowledge is just a bit short of reality.

The Celtic leadership continue to be very careful not to approach any players contracted to other teams. That being said, planning and organizing has progressed in an open and honest manner. Questions that are asked are answered truthfully. There have been the usual, customary and expected accusations based more on emotion than reality. As usual, none of the accusers have approached the club leadership for clarification. The Celtic club has been very careful in laying a solid foundation that will enable the Celtic club to be a successful, competitive and growing club in the future. Members of the Board of Directors have little experience playing soccer. Most have extensive experience in military leadership, corporate business, organizational communication and finance. The soccer field decisions and team composition will be left to those with extensive soccer experience.

The Celtic club has had several very successful indoor teams wearing the Celtic hoops. The majority of these players are members of other select teams that make deliberate decisions to play indoor with the Celtic club. That is their privilege and we are delighted to have these talented players. Watch for the website. It is being professional constructed with the address of celticsoccerclub.org.

Cheers,
helvetii
helvetii
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

New Club forming in Flower Mound, Corinth and Denton Area Empty BetweenDaTouchLines sounds scared

Post by veritas 04/03/12, 01:26 pm

"BetweenDaTouchLines" seems like one of the "Old Guard" who is afraid. Must be a Team Manager,Coach,or Board Member of a club that is in disarray. Otherwise, who cares if someone is forming a new club. If your "larger" club is so good you should be happy that there will be yet another team that you can show your dominance against. And if you are that good you have your players locked in and wanting to stay with your "larger" club and don't have to worry about people leaving it. Again, you should have no worries...Unless of course you live in a house of cards that is ready to topple and you are afraid that the parents that you are currently pilfering with exorbitant charges have figured you out and plan on walking away from the poltics and bs you put them through. My kid plays for a "larger" club as well and the minute we can get off the contract we will. Last I checked, this was about kids having fun not politics and trying to bully or intimidate others. You and your "larger" club must have forgotten that as once upon a time you were just like them; small and trying to get established. Celtic should recruit you; a couple more arrogant posts from you will surely drive people to them or other independent clubs. By the way, we have played against one of their teams. Are they there yet; no. And I don't know if the coach was a "Rec Dad" (which BTW we were all rec before this you pompous oaf), but I can tell you they were competitive, seemed to be having a lot of fun, and wait for it...their parents were cheering them on instead of grandstanding like "BetweenDaTouchLines" obviously likes to do. Good luck Celtics (and any other independent clubs out there). "BetweenDaTouchLines", you seem to think your poop doesn't stink. I would advise you take a bigger whiff. Rule of thumb in our house: once a doucebag, always a doucebag. "BetwenDaTouchLines" here's your sign...

veritas
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Talker 08/03/12, 06:57 pm

veritas wrote:"BetweenDaTouchLines" seems like one of the "Old Guard" who is afraid. Must be a Team Manager,Coach,or Board Member of a club that is in disarray. Otherwise, who cares if someone is forming a new club. If your "larger" club is so good you should be happy that there will be yet another team that you can show your dominance against. And if you are that good you have your players locked in and wanting to stay with your "larger" club and don't have to worry about people leaving it. Again, you should have no worries...Unless of course you live in a house of cards that is ready to topple and you are afraid that the parents that you are currently pilfering with exorbitant charges have figured you out and plan on walking away from the poltics and bs you put them through. My kid plays for a "larger" club as well and the minute we can get off the contract we will. Last I checked, this was about kids having fun not politics and trying to bully or intimidate others. You and your "larger" club must have forgotten that as once upon a time you were just like them; small and trying to get established. Celtic should recruit you; a couple more arrogant posts from you will surely drive people to them or other independent clubs. By the way, we have played against one of their teams. Are they there yet; no. And I don't know if the coach was a "Rec Dad" (which BTW we were all rec before this you pompous oaf), but I can tell you they were competitive, seemed to be having a lot of fun, and wait for it...their parents were cheering them on instead of grandstanding like "BetweenDaTouchLines" obviously likes to do. Good luck Celtics (and any other independent clubs out there). "BetweenDaTouchLines", you seem to think your poop doesn't stink. I would advise you take a bigger whiff. Rule of thumb in our house: once a doucebag, always a doucebag. "BetwenDaTouchLines" here's your sign...

...a reply from a newby (fakee) to another newby (Fakee).. yawn!
Soccer Talker
Soccer Talker
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum