North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Week 4 Scores - 04 Girls - EAL, SDL, PTCL, DIAL - FINAL - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Week 4 Scores - 04 Girls - EAL, SDL, PTCL, DIAL - FINAL

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Week 4 Scores - 04 Girls - EAL, SDL, PTCL, DIAL - FINAL - Page 3 Empty Re: Week 4 Scores - 04 Girls - EAL, SDL, PTCL, DIAL - FINAL

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 05/03/12, 10:35 pm

Updated...

Now Missing:
DT 04G Doyle vs FW FC 03 GIrls Byerly
Juventus Gold vs LFCA WHELAN
FWFC 04G White vs GSSC Thunder 04G Black
Fever Red 04 vs Solar Red 04
Saints Athletic vs Dallas Pumas Premier
Sis Academy vs Forney
Mutiny 04 steward vs Sting east piper

FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Week 4 Scores - 04 Girls - EAL, SDL, PTCL, DIAL - FINAL - Page 3 Empty Re: Week 4 Scores - 04 Girls - EAL, SDL, PTCL, DIAL - FINAL

Post by Rudder 05/03/12, 11:39 pm

I wasn't at the game, but I was told :

Juventus Gold (4) vs LFCA WHELAN (3)

Rudder
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 06/03/12, 07:23 am

4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
Soooo many critics on here but what's new?

On blowouts, most top teams are already passing 3-5 times easily before shooting. The problem with trying to pass too much is that this can also look insulting to a team when the game degenerates into obvious keep away with no attempt to score. I have seen this and it looks worse than running up the score.

The best thing that can be done is to move forwards to defense and vise versa replacing the goalie with someone with no experience while playing non-starters more than usual.

The problem with scheduling is this:

There have been MANY new 04 teams added to the mix this season with little track record. Also, many 04 teams have moved leagues this season. There has been no solid ranking system for the 04s thus seeding goes by in large part the opinions of all coaches involved. This is obviously not a perfect system.

The only real solution is for teams to start gravitating to leagues they feel fit their skill level however, with so many new leagues and changes in leagues, there is not enough stability to make such judgments at this time.

As far as EAL goes, the top 5 will be very competitive with each other while the bottom 4 will not. The bottom 4 will however compete nice with each other.

I agree with you Shelby. There are many new 04 teams with little track records. Prime example, Xtreme 04G, Im sure they are many more. From my understanding, I was told, they just came from Rec and are just learning the game.

This is the first I heard of Xtreme at this 04 level. So based upon the ranking I saw, how can they be preseason ranked?? Is there more to Xtreme Alvarez 04G we dont know about? Wasnt ranking based upon the coaches or parents opinions? Shocked

Not letting EAL off so easy. They were given more than enough information to place the liverpool team correctly and chose not to use it. So far I am paying a fortune for an inferior product. (EAL fee plus the payoff to my local soccer association thug)
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 06/03/12, 07:39 am

go99 wrote:
4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:

On blowouts, most top teams are already passing 3-5 times easily before shooting. The problem with trying to pass too much is that this can also look insulting to a team when the game degenerates into obvious keep away with no attempt to score. I have seen this and it looks worse than running up the score.

The best thing that can be done is to move forwards to defense and vise versa replacing the goalie with someone with no experience while playing non-starters more than usual.

There have been MANY new 04 teams added to the mix this season with little track record. Also, many 04 teams have moved leagues this season. There has been no solid ranking system for the 04s thus seeding goes by in large part the opinions of all coaches involved. This is obviously not a perfect system.

The only real solution is for teams to start gravitating to leagues they feel fit their skill level however, with so many new leagues and changes in leagues, there is not enough stability to make such judgments at this time.

As far as EAL goes, the top 5 will be very competitive with each other while the bottom 4 will not. The bottom 4 will however compete nice with each other.

I agree with you Shelby. There are many new 04 teams with little track records. Prime example, Xtreme 04G, Im sure they are many more. From my understanding, I was told, they just came from Rec and are just learning the game.

This is the first I heard of Xtreme at this 04 level. So based upon the ranking I saw, how can they be preseason ranked?? Is there more to Xtreme Alvarez 04G we dont know about? Wasnt ranking based upon the coaches or parents opinions? Shocked

Not letting EAL off so easy. They were given more than enough information to place the liverpool team correctly and chose not to use it. So far I am paying a fortune for an inferior product. (EAL fee plus the payoff to my local soccer association thug)

Yea. Not sure about that one. I was talking more about the 04 division. I agree they should have let RASE play Gold. Perhaps there was pushback from the other coaches... Not sure.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 06/03/12, 08:27 am

Updated...

Just Missing 6:
DT 04G Doyle vs FW FC 03 GIrls Byerly
Sis Academy vs Forney
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 06/03/12, 10:17 am

Shelby427 wrote:
go99 wrote:
4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:

Yea. Not sure about that one. I was talking more about the 04 division. I agree they should have let RASE play Gold. Perhaps there was pushback from the other coaches... Not sure.

Many leagues will not allow a younger team to play up an age and in the gold division. SRSA '03 has only played up ONCE in the Gold division and that was in SDL a few years ago. Otherwise we continue to only play in Silver leagues. Not sure what EAL guidelines are.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 06/03/12, 11:59 am

jj4mel wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:
go99 wrote:
4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:
Shelby427 wrote:

Many leagues will not allow a younger team to play up an age and in the gold division. SRSA '03 has only played up ONCE in the Gold division and that was in SDL a few years ago. Otherwise we continue to only play in Silver leagues. Not sure what EAL guidelines are.

Who can blame them? Older teams have nothing to gain by beating younger teams as they are supposed to beat them.

If the younger team wins it only shows how the older team is not where they SHOULD be and if the younger team loses, it's only because they are ... well younger.

This is especially true as teams get closer to qualifying.

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by akwayno 06/03/12, 02:02 pm

DT 04 Doyle - 2
FWFC 03 Byerly - 2

akwayno
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 06/03/12, 04:49 pm

Just Missing 5: (and PTCL will update site soon I'm sure)
Sis Academy vs Forney
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Catch_da_Fever 06/03/12, 08:51 pm

Fever United-6
Solar Red-0

Catch_da_Fever
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/03/12, 06:37 pm

Primetime scores are posted.

Back to top Go down

Post by WingNut 07/03/12, 08:44 pm

04 G Dalglish 2
Texas Spirit 0
WingNut
WingNut
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by baseballdad 08/03/12, 07:15 am

WingNut wrote:04 G Dalglish 2
Texas Spirit 0

Was not at the game, but was told it got a little tense?? A yellow card issued and the threat of red cards? 0-0 at half or something?

What was your take if you were there wingnunt?

baseballdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 08/03/12, 08:47 am

Final scores posted:

Week 4 Scores - 04 Girls - EAL, SDL, PTCL, DIAL - FINAL - Page 3 Week4s15
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wingman 08/03/12, 09:45 am

baseballdad wrote:
WingNut wrote:04 G Dalglish 2
Texas Spirit 0

Was not at the game, but was told it got a little tense?? A yellow card issued and the threat of red cards? 0-0 at half or something?

What was your take if you were there wingnunt?

Ref was a little out of control! Neither coach was out of line and had good arguments. Was a good defensive game. Spirit has a super fast defender who was fun to watch! Was a fun game. Both teams match up pretty well.
Wingman
Wingman
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by USA203 08/03/12, 09:51 am

Whew, so it was coach/es being carded and almost "red carded"? I was wondering if 7 and 8 year olds were already to the point where they were getting carded and wondered what they'd have to do to get threatened with a red! Shocked

USA203
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by baseballdad 08/03/12, 09:54 am

Thanks Wingnut...sorry if I misled. Kids were not the ones. I was told the ref was a bit touchy. Oh well...as long as the girls keep learning.

baseballdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tecate04 08/03/12, 10:18 am

Ref was WAY out of line! Terrible calls both ways, but agreed it was a great defensive battle that was fun to watch. The dalglish team has some talented girls, and we just got outhustled, beat us to the ball 75% of the time and took us out of our game. Dalglish will be a tough team to beat...Congrats to Dalglish for a hard fought win! Hope to meet up again!

tecate04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by WingNut 08/03/12, 10:42 am

baseballdad wrote:Thanks Wingnut...sorry if I misled. Kids were not the ones. I was told the ref was a bit touchy. Oh well...as long as the girls keep learning.

YES it was the REF. The Coaches and the girls were fine, just playing hard! I will say he called a decent game. He did miss calls both ways (prob because he pretty much stood in the way most of the time) Shocked but ive certainly seen games that were called worse.

The ref was still fired up after the game! Ill chalk it up to he was having a bad day i guess.

cheers All in all a good game between two really good teams!

Last edited by WingNut on 08/03/12, 11:07 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : more content)
WingNut
WingNut
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by USA203 08/03/12, 10:53 am

LOL, I should have realized that 99% of the time it's an adult who is involved and not our 7/8 year olds! Nice to see parents posting from both teams (I think?) complimenting the play of the other team, BTW.

USA203
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tecate04 08/03/12, 12:33 pm

DD and I are fairly new to academy and this forum, but why wouldn't you compliment a child's development and abilities...whether it be the other team or yours? I know this is, for the most part, a parents forum, but do we not need to teach sportsmanship too?

tecate04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/03/12, 12:35 pm

Which ref was it?

Back to top Go down

Post by USA203 08/03/12, 12:55 pm

but why wouldn't you compliment a child's development and abilities...whether it be the other team or yours?

Oh, I'm with you! But sometimes all we get is a litany of reasons as to why XYZ team lost but not kudos to the other team Smile Sometimes we get comments that the ONLY reason the other team won was that one hot guest player they had--c'mon it's still a team effort by a bunch of little girls. So, in other words, welcome to our forum Tecate, glad to have you!

USA203
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tecate04 08/03/12, 01:04 pm

Well thank you, and you hit it on the head, "a bunch of little girls", sometimes I think we all forget that.

tecate04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by WingNut 08/03/12, 01:24 pm

tecate04 wrote: "a bunch of little girls", sometimes I think we all forget that.

cheers cheers
WingNut
WingNut
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by USA203 08/03/12, 01:42 pm

Although I have to say this too, having seen several of these teams play including Beardsley (oops, I meant Dlallgllgglgish or whatever they are now) and Tx Spirit (and many other such teams) they don't look much like little girls on the field! They go from playing like maniacs to "are we going to McDonalds?" at the end of the game.

USA203
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next