North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Human Rankings - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

Human Rankings

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Human Rankings - Page 3 Empty Re: Human Rankings

Post by The truth must be told 07/03/12, 04:00 pm

oldboot wrote:
deepthoughts wrote:
oldboot wrote:
OOrah wrote:
Sent to the Stands wrote:
02 Saints Dad wrote:Yep, we had a 1-0 loss to Solar Barnes also.

Why worry about whether you are getting "love" from other parents posting subjective rankings. If your team continues to play well, you will get "love" from the FBR. Alternatively, get your supporters to post their own rankings!

Why worry?
a) Recruiting - easier to get better kids if ranked in the top 20
b) Recruiting - more on roster, better finances for team and club and coach
c) Hoping for better seeding in tournaments, esp all-important LH QT.
d) Many parents live their sport fantasies through their kids - brag as though they are the ones on the pitch
e) All of the above

I accept that some people pay attention to the FBR and that it might influence seeding in the QT and recruiting, but I think its a stretch to say that the parent generated popularity contest "rankings" are seriously considered by anyone. If that were the case, I think you'd see more people participating in the rankings. I've wondered whether it would be possible to get all of the coaches to participate in a coaches poll - that would be interesting. I'm certain they would be objective . . .

It is an interesting question overall. FBR is quite new, correct? I don't think FBR was in play with the 99s, 00s, 01s, was it? GotSoccer doesn't start tracking teams until after select kicks in. There are too many teams for TDs to see them all. The tournaments that lead up to QT matter a lot for LHGCL QT seeding (I suspect the results in these preQT contests is the #1 input). But the TDs that control the tournaments that happen right before QT must rely on something for seeding their brackets. How those are seeded matters a lot as to which teams advance to Sunday. And then you have teams that avoid certain tournaments or play up in older brackets. I would not be surprised that everything available is used to try and line them up in May and June, including parent popularity contests on forums. It feels like we will have more than 50 teams fighting it out for 30 slots at the current trajectory.

FBR was definitely around for the 01's - bwgophers has published his analysis of the correlation between his final FBR rankings for the 01's and the results of their QT - very impressive. Don't know about prior years - what do you know about that bwgophers?

Don't kid yourself people. The former SRSA/Higg player is a great little girl. However the reason she is "former" is because of her parents. They were asked kindly to find another team for themselves and their daughter. Keep them quiet and allow the coaches to do their job, she may have a chance to be great on another team.

The truth must be told
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Chupa1 07/03/12, 05:28 pm

cloud10ibi wrote:
gamer88 wrote:
RoidRage wrote:Here is my rankings for who I think will land the forward(ex Webb and Higg) that has been guesting with multiple teams.

1. Dynamo- is she the reason they have been scoring all the sudden?
2. FCD Renfro- she would complete this team along with the recent additions from the old Glotz team...no more silver division on this team!
3. LP Rangel- she was playing with them against FCD Grubb and scored the only goal against FCD so far! They need her bad!

Wild Card team? None other than Solar Gio! I don't think she has guested with Gio yet but she would make this team dangerous...combine her with the guest player forward(ex Webb and FCD Premier) that played with Gio last weekend and you now have a very dangerous scoring threat duo...if Gio landed both of these...woah mamma! Actually if any of these teams landed both it would be danger!
are you talking about one palyer or two?

Its 2 different girls. I saw the ex-DT HIGGY player play last weekend and she single handedly took that team to a new level and played almost the whole game. I wonder why the parents left? Maybe because Higgy hasn't been around due to TCU or maybe because of playing time. This goes to show you that a girl on a top team "can" move to a new team and make a difference! Kudos to her parents for letting it be about the kid and not the system or coach! I bet she goes to Dynamo. JMO

That is the 'single handedly' most 'ass'inine* comment I have read on this forum in a while *Used in a sentence: 'It is surprising that supposedly intelligent people can make such asinine statements.' Oops, didn't use spell check the first time around! My Bad! No worries, I can always hide behind the ever convincing 'IMHO', 'IMO', or 'JMO', which is always backed behind hard, concrete fact!
Chupa1
Chupa1
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by hottestsoccermominDFW 07/03/12, 10:03 pm

The truth must be told wrote:
oldboot wrote:
deepthoughts wrote:
oldboot wrote:
OOrah wrote:

Why worry about whether you are getting "love" from other parents posting subjective rankings. If your team continues to play well, you will get "love" from the FBR. Alternatively, get your supporters to post their own rankings!

Why worry?
d) Many parents live their sport fantasies through their kids - brag as though they are the ones on the pitch
e) All of the above

I accept that some people pay attention to the FBR and that it might influence seeding in the QT and recruiting, but I think its a stretch to say that the parent generated popularity contest "rankings" are seriously considered by anyone. If that were the case, I think you'd see more people participating in the rankings. I've wondered whether it would be possible to get all of the coaches to participate in a coaches poll - that would be interesting. I'm certain they would be objective . . .

It is an interesting question overall. FBR is quite new, correct? I don't think FBR was in play with the 99s, 00s, 01s, was it? GotSoccer doesn't start tracking teams until after select kicks in. There are too many teams for TDs to see them all. The tournaments that lead up to QT matter a lot for LHGCL QT seeding (I suspect the results in these preQT contests is the #1 input). But the TDs that control the tournaments that happen right before QT must rely on something for seeding their brackets. How those are seeded matters a lot as to which teams advance to Sunday. And then you have teams that avoid certain tournaments or play up in older brackets. I would not be surprised that everything available is used to try and line them up in May and June, including parent popularity contests on forums. It feels like we will have more than 50 teams fighting it out for 30 slots at the current trajectory.

FBR was definitely around for the 01's - bwgophers has published his analysis of the correlation between his final FBR rankings for the 01's and the results of their QT - very impressive. Don't know about prior years - what do you know about that bwgophers?

Don't kid yourself people. The former SRSA/Higg player is a great little girl. However the reason she is "former" is because of her parents. They were asked kindly to find another team for themselves and their daughter. Keep them quiet and allow the coaches to do their job, she may have a chance to be great on another team.

“The thing where you throw the ball and catch the ball —that’s a pretty neat trick. I’ve done it a few times, but it’s not something you can do consistently."
hottestsoccermominDFW
hottestsoccermominDFW
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by $occerpro 08/03/12, 01:03 pm

HOTSOCCERMOM- I hope that your profile pic isnt what you really look like. lmao!! sorry just sayin.. lol
$occerpro
$occerpro
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BackDraft 08/03/12, 01:53 pm

oldboot wrote:
deepthoughts wrote:
oldboot wrote:
OOrah wrote:

Why worry?
e) All of the above

Well let's hear it. What did the parents do?
BackDraft
BackDraft
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guess Who 08/03/12, 02:22 pm

BackDraft wrote:
oldboot wrote:
deepthoughts wrote:
oldboot wrote:
OOrah wrote:

Why worry?
e) All of the above

Well let's hear it. What did the parents do?
Human Rankings - Page 3 Images17
Guess Who
Guess Who
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3