North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Can an entire Team recieve a YELLOW/ RED Card? - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Can an entire Team recieve a YELLOW/ RED Card?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Can an entire Team recieve a YELLOW/ RED Card? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can an entire Team recieve a YELLOW/ RED Card?

Post by Hook It 08/10/12, 12:03 pm

pitchdog wrote:
Hook It wrote:
pitchdog wrote:
4-4-2-Diamond wrote:
Hook It wrote:
upper95 wrote:Bet the 11-year-old friend got the story half-right. The game was abandoned, sure, but the card thing is ridiculous because only players get cards and I doubt the ref showed a card to each player.

Nevertheless, a referee legend is born.

No game was not abandoned.... after the ref stopped the game the offending coach left the field with no meeting with the players or parents.

This doesn't make sense. If the game was stopped 8 minutes early admidst screaming coaches and players that means the ref abandoned the game. Given his/her post history, it's more likely "Hook It" mangled the story than the 11-year-old.

THIS cheers
Pitchdog, welcome to the boards, again....

Whatever floats your boat. Obviously content isn't very important to you in building your post count.
Really........THIS cheers

Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Can an entire Team recieve a YELLOW/ RED Card? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can an entire Team recieve a YELLOW/ RED Card?

Post by Guest 08/10/12, 12:39 pm

They've got you in the crosshairs today, Hookit. Welcome to my world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 08/10/12, 01:55 pm

Xara wrote:They've got you in the crosshairs today, Hookit. Welcome to my world.
Yep, your right. This weekend I will have Pheasants in my crosshairs and not thinking about this. Anyhow,,, - not a big deal to me but that does seem to be their focus instead of discussing the issue at hand - sad. tongue

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 08/10/12, 02:00 pm

Glad to have passed the torch!
Blank77
Blank77
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 08/10/12, 02:09 pm

Blank77 wrote:Glad to have passed the torch!
I happy if your happy Smile , I am sure you know it will not be permanent.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sooner than later 08/10/12, 02:10 pm

Hook It wrote:
4-4-2-Diamond wrote:
Hook It wrote:
upper95 wrote:Bet the 11-year-old friend got the story half-right. The game was abandoned, sure, but the card thing is ridiculous because only players get cards and I doubt the ref showed a card to each player.

No game was not abandoned.... after the ref stopped the game the offending coach left the field with no meeting with the players or parents.

This doesn't make sense. If the game was stopped 8 minutes early admidst screaming coaches and players that means the ref abandoned the game. Given his/her post history, it's more likely "Hook It" mangled the story than the 11-year-old.

I have spoken directly to the Dad of the team who was carded - information of events are correct.

https://youtu.be/H72EdDQmKwk

Sooner than later
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 08/10/12, 02:44 pm

Sooner than later wrote:
Hook It wrote:
4-4-2-Diamond wrote:
Hook It wrote:

I have spoken directly to the Dad of the team who was carded - information of events are correct.

You can accuse again without facts(that seems to be your MO), but our friends AFC 01 RED were the coach/team which was carded. I know that I am not perfect, at least I do not go around calling people liars....so get your facts first or someone may call you a HYPOCRITE....

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sooner than later 08/10/12, 02:59 pm

Hook It wrote:
Sooner than later wrote:
Hook It wrote:
4-4-2-Diamond wrote:
Hook It wrote:

You can accuse again without facts(that seems to be your MO), but our friends AFC 01 RED were the coach/team which was carded. I know that I am not perfect, at least I do not go around calling people liars....so get your facts first or someone may call you a HYPOCRITE....

THIS!!!!!

Sooner than later
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sooner than later 09/10/12, 11:02 pm

https://youtu.be/WxqUUcEfvJU

Sooner than later
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 10/10/12, 09:56 am

Sooner than later wrote:https://youtu.be/WxqUUcEfvJU

https://youtu.be/oHg5SJYRHA0
Blank77
Blank77

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 10/10/12, 10:01 am

Looks like not too much "later than Sooner" Bouyah!! cheers

Well time has produced the facts: someone on ACES RED 01 has decided to post the youtube video of the call in question.....even slow motion at the end helps you see the call in question (could have gone either way, and I am sure we all have seen worse calls) so believe what you want, but the facts do all the talking. I am sure they did not want to post the continued video of their own coach/team getting the yellow card not to good for the club!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScJMMgEw96w

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 10/10/12, 10:05 am

Blank77 wrote:

https://youtu.be/oHg5SJYRHA0

Classic! nice one Blank -

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 10/10/12, 10:43 am

Hook It wrote:

Well time has produced the facts: someone on ACES RED 01 has decided to post the youtube video of the call in question.....even slow motion at the end helps you see the call in question (could have gone either way, and I am sure we all have seen worse calls) so believe what you want, but the facts do all the talking. I am sure they did not want to post the continued video of their own coach/team getting the yellow card not to good for the club!

If by u12 you aren't used to whistles when girls go down, even when there is little or no contact, you should find another sport. I'm not sure I disagree with the response to card the coach or player(s), but some of the control was probably lost as the ref looks indecisive and lethargic.
Blank77
Blank77

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM 10/10/12, 10:54 am

Blank77 wrote:
Hook It wrote:

If by u12 you aren't used to whistles when girls go down, even when there is little or no contact, you should find another sport. I'm not sure I disagree with the response to card the coach or player(s), but some of the control was probably lost as the ref looks indecisive and lethargic.

I say both sides - parents, coaches, and players need a lifetime ban from FIFA.

I would like to see the game in its entirety, by the various reactions seems like there was some bad blood between the two teams at this point.

Last edited by JeffM on 10/10/12, 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/10/12, 10:58 am

The referee got the call correct. The player in white was moving the ball to the left and looked like she was preparing to make a pass to her teammate on the left wing. A player in red behind the girl with the ball clips the player's right foot with her knee. You can then see the player in white trip over her own left leg since the path of her right foot was changed by the trip. That was the foul and the ref was exactly where he needed to be to see it. As the white player is falling, a different red defender moves to clear the ball and may have even kicked the player in white unintentionally.

But what's more crazy is the reaction that the coach of the red team allowed from his players. You can hear one or more of them loudly deriding the referee from the bench. One would expect the coach to question the call, but the girls on the bench? And with so much attitude? It is therefore easy to assume that many of the red players on the field were being flippant if that this the type of tolerance allowed by the coach. And my guess would be the parents were equally mouthy.

Good job, ref.

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM 10/10/12, 11:11 am

A couple of "it doesn't make sense" observations.

1.) In an earlier post Hook it says the foul resulted in the game winning goal, but the score is posted as 3-0.

2.) Another post says that the ref stopped the game early, and the coach left without a meeting or saying anything to the players/parents. Could it be that there was a stoppage of play with the intent to continue, the coach simply left, and confused players simply didn't retake the field? Would this result in a forfeit, and a 3-0 score?

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffM 10/10/12, 11:15 am

Hook It wrote:
4-4-2-Diamond wrote:
Hook It wrote:

There's no way I would trust any guy with 11+ DDs the same age. Just having that many women around at once would make him certifiable.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 10/10/12, 11:35 am

JeffM wrote:A couple of "it doesn't make sense" observations.

1.) In an earlier post Hook it says the foul resulted in the game winning goal, but the score is posted as 3-0.

Actual goals scored were 3-2

2.) Another post says that the ref stopped the game early, and the coach left without a meeting or saying anything to the players/parents. Could it be that there was a stoppage of play with the intent to continue, the coach simply left, and confused players simply didn't retake the field? Would this result in a forfeit, and a 3-0 score?
Not sure which was the case - would either result in a 3-0 score modification?

Anyhow, it is sad that the game stopped and the focus of good fair play was destroyed at that moment. I would be more upset if my coach quit a game after that vs. being kicked out. In the end it is a LOSE-LOSE.
How much is 10min of LH playing game time actually worth?

Last edited by Hook It on 10/10/12, 11:38 am; edited 2 times in total

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 10/10/12, 11:36 am

Xara wrote:The referee got the call correct. The player in white was moving the ball to the left and looked like she was preparing to make a pass to her teammate on the left wing. A player in red behind the girl with the ball clips the player's right foot with her knee. You can then see the player in white trip over her own left leg since the path of her right foot was changed by the trip. That was the foul and the ref was exactly where he needed to be to see it. As the white player is falling, a different red defender moves to clear the ball and may have even kicked the player in white unintentionally.

But what's more crazy is the reaction that the coach of the red team allowed from his players. You can hear one or more of them loudly deriding the referee from the bench. One would expect the coach to question the call, but the girls on the bench? And with so much attitude? It is therefore easy to assume that many of the red players on the field were being flippant if that this the type of tolerance allowed by the coach. And my guess would be the parents were equally mouthy.

Good job, ref.

I watched it again, and I don't think the girl was ever touched. I think she just went down and I can see the case for AFC being upset...BUT, that type of call is made all the time. One thing I thought was odd, he seemed concerned about who was kicking it - looked like he asked white several times who was taking the kick? Why does that matter, place the ball - walk it off - and let play resume.
Blank77
Blank77

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 10/10/12, 11:40 am

Hook It wrote:

Anyhow, it is sad that the game stopped and the focus of good fair play was destroyed at that moment. I would be more upset if my coach quit a game after that vs. being kicked out. How much is 10min of LH playing game time actually worth?

10 minutes is worth $26 per player (Cost per minute = $2800 divided by (60 min games x 18 games) and CPM *10 for ten minutes), if you consider two teams of 15 players - 10 minutes of an LH Game is worth $780.
Blank77
Blank77

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 10/10/12, 11:43 am

Blank77 wrote:
Xara wrote:The referee got the call correct. The player in white was moving the ball to the left and looked like she was preparing to make a pass to her teammate on the left wing. A player in red behind the girl with the ball clips the player's right foot with her knee. You can then see the player in white trip over her own left leg since the path of her right foot was changed by the trip. That was the foul and the ref was exactly where he needed to be to see it. As the white player is falling, a different red defender moves to clear the ball and may have even kicked the player in white unintentionally.

Good job, ref.

I watched it again, and I don't think the girl was ever touched. I think she just went down and I can see the case for AFC being upset...BUT, that type of call is made all the time. One thing I thought was odd, he seemed concerned about who was kicking it - looked like he asked white several times who was taking the kick? Why does that matter, place the ball - walk it off - and let play resume.

Agreed, that is what I thought until I saw the slow-mo at the end of the video, looks like the foot was just barely clipped causing the trip. Anyway you are correct, almost every game has a few bad/missed calls. It took a long time to sort it out which I am sure added to the frustration.

The HD Video is great - I want one, although I don't have the patience to do it at the game, no way no how!

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 10/10/12, 11:46 am

Blank77 wrote:
Hook It wrote:

Anyhow, it is sad that the game stopped and the focus of good fair play was destroyed at that moment. I would be more upset if my coach quit a game after that vs. being kicked out. How much is 10min of LH playing game time actually worth?

10 minutes is worth $26 per player (Cost per minute = $2800 divided by (60 min games x 18 games) and CPM *10 for ten minutes), if you consider two teams of 15 players - 10 minutes of an LH Game is worth $780.

Unbelievable, I would never have guessed it to be that high! Hope someone sends a bill to that coach! drunken

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 10/10/12, 11:56 am

Hook It wrote:
Blank77 wrote:
Hook It wrote:

Unbelievable, I would never have guessed it to be that high! Hope someone sends a bill to that coach! drunken

Then by that deduction all tournaments and practices are free. Question

my2cents
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/10/12, 12:00 pm

Hook It wrote:
Blank77 wrote:

Good job, ref.

Agreed, that is what I thought until I saw the slow-mo at the end of the video, looks like the foot was just barely clipped causing the trip. Anyway you are correct, almost every game has a few bad/missed calls. It took a long time to sort it out which I am sure added to the frustration.

The HD Video is great - I want one, although I don't have the patience to do it at the game, no way no how!

This video is getting scrutinized more than the Zapruder film! It's my opinion that she was not touched and from the manner she fell...it appeared to be more of a drop than a reaction to being tripped.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 10/10/12, 12:05 pm

my2cents wrote:
Hook It wrote:
Blank77 wrote:
Hook It wrote:

Then by that deduction all tournaments and practices are free. Question

I think it goes without saying that there is no way to put an actual cost on 10 minutes of a LH game, I was just throwing it out there. You could say that like LH, I don't value practice stats or tournament results. Many pay to play on a team in LH and to stay in LH the only thing that matters is results during the 1080 minutes we are buying.

Blank77
Blank77

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 10/10/12, 12:08 pm

scoop99 wrote:
Hook It wrote:
Blank77 wrote:

Good job, ref.

This video is getting scrutinized more than the Zapruder film! It's my opinion that she was not touched and from the manner she fell...it appeared to be more of a drop than a reaction to being tripped.

I can hear Costner now - Back, and to the left... back, and to the left... back, and to the left.
Blank77
Blank77

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next