North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Can an entire Team recieve a YELLOW/ RED Card? - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Can an entire Team recieve a YELLOW/ RED Card?

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Can an entire Team recieve a YELLOW/ RED Card? - Page 3 Empty Re: Can an entire Team recieve a YELLOW/ RED Card?

Post by Blank77 10/10/12, 12:08 pm

scoop99 wrote:
Hook It wrote:
Blank77 wrote:
Xara wrote:The referee got the call correct. The player in white was moving the ball to the left and looked like she was preparing to make a pass to her teammate on the left wing. A player in red behind the girl with the ball clips the player's right foot with her knee. You can then see the player in white trip over her own left leg since the path of her right foot was changed by the trip. That was the foul and the ref was exactly where he needed to be to see it. As the white player is falling, a different red defender moves to clear the ball and may have even kicked the player in white unintentionally.

But what's more crazy is the reaction that the coach of the red team allowed from his players. You can hear one or more of them loudly deriding the referee from the bench. One would expect the coach to question the call, but the girls on the bench? And with so much attitude? It is therefore easy to assume that many of the red players on the field were being flippant if that this the type of tolerance allowed by the coach. And my guess would be the parents were equally mouthy.

Good job, ref.

I watched it again, and I don't think the girl was ever touched. I think she just went down and I can see the case for AFC being upset...BUT, that type of call is made all the time. One thing I thought was odd, he seemed concerned about who was kicking it - looked like he asked white several times who was taking the kick? Why does that matter, place the ball - walk it off - and let play resume.

Agreed, that is what I thought until I saw the slow-mo at the end of the video, looks like the foot was just barely clipped causing the trip. Anyway you are correct, almost every game has a few bad/missed calls. It took a long time to sort it out which I am sure added to the frustration.

The HD Video is great - I want one, although I don't have the patience to do it at the game, no way no how!

This video is getting scrutinized more than the Zapruder film! It's my opinion that she was not touched and from the manner she fell...it appeared to be more of a drop than a reaction to being tripped.

I can hear Costner now - Back, and to the left... back, and to the left... back, and to the left.

Blank77
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Can an entire Team recieve a YELLOW/ RED Card? - Page 3 Empty Re: Can an entire Team recieve a YELLOW/ RED Card?

Post by bigtex75081 10/10/12, 12:32 pm

Blank77 wrote:
scoop99 wrote:
Hook It wrote:
Blank77 wrote:
Xara wrote:The referee got the call correct. The player in white was moving the ball to the left and looked like she was preparing to make a pass to her teammate on the left wing. A player in red behind the girl with the ball clips the player's right foot with her knee. You can then see the player in white trip over her own left leg since the path of her right foot was changed by the trip. That was the foul and the ref was exactly where he needed to be to see it. As the white player is falling, a different red defender moves to clear the ball and may have even kicked the player in white unintentionally.

But what's more crazy is the reaction that the coach of the red team allowed from his players. You can hear one or more of them loudly deriding the referee from the bench. One would expect the coach to question the call, but the girls on the bench? And with so much attitude? It is therefore easy to assume that many of the red players on the field were being flippant if that this the type of tolerance allowed by the coach. And my guess would be the parents were equally mouthy.

Good job, ref.

I watched it again, and I don't think the girl was ever touched. I think she just went down and I can see the case for AFC being upset...BUT, that type of call is made all the time. One thing I thought was odd, he seemed concerned about who was kicking it - looked like he asked white several times who was taking the kick? Why does that matter, place the ball - walk it off - and let play resume.

Agreed, that is what I thought until I saw the slow-mo at the end of the video, looks like the foot was just barely clipped causing the trip. Anyway you are correct, almost every game has a few bad/missed calls. It took a long time to sort it out which I am sure added to the frustration.

The HD Video is great - I want one, although I don't have the patience to do it at the game, no way no how!

This video is getting scrutinized more than the Zapruder film! It's my opinion that she was not touched and from the manner she fell...it appeared to be more of a drop than a reaction to being tripped.

I can hear Costner now - Back, and to the left... back, and to the left... back, and to the left.
At first I didn't see it but the Slo-mo version changed my mind. I didn't think she got fouled until I saw that. The girl that was dribbling had her back foot clipped and that's why she went down. (The second defender that stepped up to clear the ball was not a foul.)

Props to the person that posted the video... You gave us a clear and unbiased picture of exactly what happened and it made a huge difference.

Props to the ref... He handled situation exactly as he should. He was in the right position to make the call and he was focused. He made the call quickly and decisively. He spoke to the girls calmly. He reset the game and got it going again after giving everyone a chance to get set. This guy deserves a raise.

Props to the shooter... That was an excellent goal.

Props to all the girls on the field... They made their case for both sides and then got ready for play to resume.

Shame on that Coach... Even if it was a bad call, which it wasn't, don't act like you're a first-year coach. Make your protest quickly but then, when your protest isn't heard, get your focus back on your team. A rookie coach will act like this is the end of the world and throw a tantrum like we saw in that video. An experienced coach gets the kids focused on the game and tries to get that goal back. You're supposed to be a professional so act like it. Your tantrum sets a bad example for your kids.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rockindaddy 10/10/12, 12:36 pm

A) Not a foul
B) Certainly not the worst call you might see in any given game
rockindaddy
rockindaddy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 10/10/12, 12:44 pm

bigtex75081 wrote:
Blank77 wrote:
scoop99 wrote:
Hook It wrote:
Blank77 wrote:

Good job, ref.

At first I didn't see it but the Slo-mo version changed my mind. I didn't think she got fouled until I saw that. The girl that was dribbling had her back foot clipped and that's why she went down. (The second defender that stepped up to clear the ball was not a foul.)

Props to the person that posted the video... You gave us a clear and unbiased picture of exactly what happened and it made a huge difference.

Props to the ref... He handled situation exactly as he should. He was in the right position to make the call and he was focused. He made the call quickly and decisively. He spoke to the girls calmly. He reset the game and got it going again after giving everyone a chance to get set. This guy deserves a raise.

Props to the shooter... That was an excellent goal.

Props to all the girls on the field... They made their case for both sides and then got ready for play to resume.

Shame on that Coach... Even if it was a bad call, which it wasn't, don't act like you're a first-year coach. Make your protest quickly but then, when your protest isn't heard, get your focus back on your team. A rookie coach will act like this is the end of the world and throw a tantrum like we saw in that video. An experienced coach gets the kids focused on the game and tries to get that goal back. You're supposed to be a professional so act like it. Your tantrum sets a bad example for your kids.

Props for the well played summary! cheers

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by midfieldersdad 10/10/12, 12:58 pm

Good job, ref.

Based on what I saw in the video. I am left with the impression the call made was a bad call. I didn't realize there was a penalty for throwing oneself on the ground. However, according to the video linked previously, the AFC coach and team behaved un-sportsmen like and disrespectfully to the refs. AFC 01 Red should have filed a protest if they were concerned about the call, the video IMO would support AFC's case on the penalty, and the refs case on the cards.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 10/10/12, 02:24 pm

midfieldersdad wrote: AFC 01 Red should have filed a protest if they were concerned about the call, the video IMO would support AFC's case on the penalty, and the refs case on the cards.

There are no grounds for a protest. The LAW was properly applied whether or not you agree with the call.
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 10/10/12, 04:36 pm

Gunner is right. Can only protest a misapplication of the laws of the game or a violation of league or state rules. Cannot protest a judgment call even if it is blatantly wrong it won't be heard.

my2cents
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FunkyColdMedina 10/10/12, 08:16 pm

I've posted the videographers info before. So most of you like his work? Give him a call. He will do the same for you.
His name is Calvin Davis from Flashing Lights Studio.
Contact Info
Mobile Phones

(469) 744-7553

Other Phones

(940) 321-4300 Home

Screen Names

calvinldavis(Windows Live Messenger)
calvinldavis(Twitter)
cmkkenterpises(Windows Live Messenger)

Website

http://www.flashinglightsstudios.com
http://www.mimid.nsedreams.com

Facebook https://facebook.com/calvindavis37
FunkyColdMedina
FunkyColdMedina
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/10/12, 10:05 pm

After watching slow motion replay on the LCD monitor...I'd like to change my vote. It appears to be a good call.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach 10/10/12, 11:22 pm

Was that the F bomb at the 1:20 mark?

Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by upper95 11/10/12, 12:29 am

The referee certainly had the best angle and was close enough to make his decision. The camera is much farther away and at the wrong angle.

Referee did not signal the direction of the free kick after stopping play, but the players knew, which is what counts.

Referee could have looked for advantage & waited a split second before stopping play. Watch the shot and save as the ref called the foul. if the ball had gone into the goal, the eruption may have come from the other bench. For this, he may have been too close to the play.

Coach left the technical area to dispute the call - this is misconduct. Assistant referee has a duty to tell the coach to return to the bench area. A brief explanation "looked like a trip, but it's outside of the penalty area" would be helpful when he asks the coach to settle. If coach does not comply, he is to be booked for misconduct and sent-off if he persists. The league has rules of conduct that are agreed to when the invitation is accepted.

Repeat of the previously stated kudos for ref's control of the on-field players. The restart was orderly.

Bigger issue is the lack of respect and civility shown by coaches, spectators and players at the younger age groups. It is getting worse with each new class of U11's. I would be appalled if it were my kids on the soundtrack.

upper95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 11/10/12, 12:44 am

upper95 wrote:The referee certainly had the best angle and was close enough to make his decision. The camera is much farther away and at the wrong angle.

Referee did not signal the direction of the free kick after stopping play, but the players knew, which is what counts.

Referee could have looked for advantage & waited a split second before stopping play. Watch the shot and save as the ref called the foul. if the ball had gone into the goal, the eruption may have come from the other bench. For this, he may have been too close to the play.

Coach left the technical area to dispute the call - this is misconduct. Assistant referee has a duty to tell the coach to return to the bench area. A brief explanation "looked like a trip, but it's outside of the penalty area" would be helpful when he asks the coach to settle. If coach does not comply, he is to be booked for misconduct and sent-off if he persists. The league has rules of conduct that are agreed to when the invitation is accepted.

Repeat of the previously stated kudos for ref's control of the on-field players. The restart was orderly.

Bigger issue is the lack of respect and civility shown by coaches, spectators and players at the younger age groups. It is getting worse with each new class of U11's. I would be appalled if it were my kids on the soundtrack.

I assume information on coaches misconduct history is not made available in any way..... would be interesting to know though - there is a big investment/ commitment made each year. I would not be happy paying $2500+ per year for this experience.....

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by justpeachy 11/10/12, 09:53 am

So the Aces Red Team and sideline had bad behavior? Hard to imagine. Rolling Eyes

justpeachy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/10/12, 09:59 am

Coach wrote:Was that the F bomb at the 1:20 mark?

Yes, I believe it was. The parents are surely proud.

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherbug 11/10/12, 10:52 am

Xara wrote:

I think a lot of the yelling girls are from the winning team. They want to "get pumped up".
weatherbug
weatherbug
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by flippinA 11/10/12, 11:21 am

It does sound very disrespectful from some of the yelling girls. I would be very disappointed in my dd if i over heard her yelling at a ref. I would make sure that never happened again. I also believe their are voices from the winning team as well as you can hear somebody yelling for the girl kicking the ball. So its hard to decipher from all the yelling and i am sure there is no F bomb being yelled by an 11 yr old kid. I would hope not.

Now as far as the foul goes, whoever said the girl was fouled, are you blind? That girl isn't even touched. That is a bad call. I do agree that there are plenty of bad calls in every game. We are happy when they go our way and we are just as unhappy when they don't. You can't take it to that level and keep arguing a call. How likely will it change the decision? probably it won't.
flippinA
flippinA
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 11/10/12, 11:47 am

So you are happy when a bad calls go your way? I'll take it, but don't think I am happy about it.
Blank77
Blank77

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 11/10/12, 12:06 pm

flippinA wrote:It does sound very disrespectful from some of the yelling girls. I would be very disappointed in my dd if i over heard her yelling at a ref. I would make sure that never happened again. I also believe their are voices from the winning team as well as you can hear somebody yelling for the girl kicking the ball. So its hard to decipher from all the yelling and i am sure there is no F bomb being yelled by an 11 yr old kid. I would hope not.

Now as far as the foul goes, whoever said the girl was fouled, are you blind? That girl isn't even touched. That is a bad call. I do agree that there are plenty of bad calls in every game. We are happy when they go our way and we are just as unhappy when they don't. You can't take it to that level and keep arguing a call. How likely will it change the decision? probably it won't.
i was hard for me to see the foot get clipped until I saw the slow-mo with my cheaters on... Depressing to admit I'm at that age. I agree this situation is just sad.

-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 11/10/12, 12:18 pm

Xara wrote:

Is it a player or a 5 year old tho......sounds funny.

Blank77
Blank77

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 11/10/12, 12:20 pm

Hook It wrote:
flippinA wrote:It does sound very disrespectful from some of the yelling girls. I would be very disappointed in my dd if i over heard her yelling at a ref. I would make sure that never happened again. I also believe their are voices from the winning team as well as you can hear somebody yelling for the girl kicking the ball. So its hard to decipher from all the yelling and i am sure there is no F bomb being yelled by an 11 yr old kid. I would hope not.

i was hard for me to see the foot get clipped until I saw the slow-mo with my cheaters on... Depressing to admit I'm at that age. I agree this situation is just sad.

I can't say she was fouled or not, but it doesn't matter. It is obviously debatable and good call or bad, the sportsmanship was not acceptable.
Blank77
Blank77

Back to top Go down

Post by 4-4-2-Diamond 11/10/12, 01:19 pm

Blank77 wrote:
Hook It wrote:

I can't say she was fouled or not, but it doesn't matter. It is obviously debatable and good call or bad, the sportsmanship was not acceptable.

Agreed Blank. The call can be argued either way. First time I watched the vid I gave the ref benefit of the doubt based on his position. As many have mentioned, he was in absolutely the perfect spot to make the call.

After all the responses on this thread I'm embarrased to say I wasted 10 minutes of my life looking frame by frame at the replay. Slow mo shows the attacker was fouled. Go frame by frame and look at red #23's hands. She's cold so she has her hands inside her under armour but she reaches out trying to grab the attacker multiple times right before the attacker goes down. I couldn't tell if she actually grabbed her or not, but based on the attacker's reaction - looked like she did. At the time red's hands are out the attacker had switched the ball to her left foot, and the defender was is no way shape form or fashion playing the ball.

The actual moment of contact is shielded because another AFC player blocks the camera view. But the ref had the perfect angle and did not hesitate in giving the free kick. Looked like a good call to me. Definitely nothing for a coach, parents or players to go ballistic about. I've seen far worse muggings not given in LH games, and IMO if we have to err on one side I'd prefer attackers be given the advantage at this age. Use your skill and move your feet. Keep the hands down. My dd had that habit bad until coach benched her in a very important game for the very same foul #23 committed.

4-4-2-Diamond
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe scafone 11/10/12, 01:54 pm

Okay...this has taken a few days, primarily due to our disgust & embarrassment of this entire situation. Most of you already know by now, my daughter plays for AFC Red and has done so for the last 3 years. I really thought this whole situation would just go away and we could learn and move on from it. I will tell you this, the team of players, families and the coach are all deeply embarrassed about our sideline behavior as spectators. We have no open issues with the Diamonds, they are a very respectable team and coached by a very good man who obviously cares very much for these girls. We have not formally apologized to the Diamonds, but plan to do so as soon as possible. They deserved a full 60 minute game and we failed to deliver that and hope one day we will be given another opportunity to play again.

The league is not very happy with us right now and quite frankly, I don't blame them. This was serious and I applaud the league for their professionalism and the way they have conducted themselves through out the last few days. There will be a hearing for us and disciplinary actions may be handed down. Yes, the game was 3-2 when the game was "abandoned" by the ref with 7 minutes left in the game. Because of the abandonment, the league took our 2 goals away. If this is the only punishment we receive, I would feel very fortunate.

I am not going to make any comments about our behaviors or any reasons/excuses why we acted with such poor sportsmanship. The girls deserve much better than this. Myself included, was one of the parents that was yelling from the sideline and we let our hard working girls down. These girls feed off of us, the parents and we were unacceptable.

We WILL change our sideline behavior for future games and change the mindset the soccer world views of our team and in the end, hopefully we can be better citizens, sportsman and overall a better person by learning from this.

I wish everyone the best of luck the rest of the season.

Last edited by Joe scafone on 11/10/12, 01:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

Joe scafone
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 11/10/12, 02:00 pm

Joe scafone wrote:Okay...this has taken a few days, primarily due to our disgust & embarrassment of this entire situation. Most of you already know by now, my daughter plays for AFC Red and has done so for the last 3 years. I really thought this whole situation would just go away and we could learn and move on from it. I will tell you this, the team of players, families and the coach are all deeply embarrassed about our sideline behavior as spectators. We have no open issues with the Diamonds, they are a very respectable team and coached by a very good man who obviously cares very much for these girls. We have not formally apologized to the Diamonds, but plan to do so as soon as possible. They deserved a full 60 minute game and we failed to deliver that and hope one day we will be given another opportunity to play again.

The league is not very happy with us right now and quite frankly, I don't blame them. This was serious and I applaud the league for their professionalism and the way they have conducted themselves through out the last few days. There will be a hearing for us and disciplinary actions may be handed down. Yes, the game was 3-2 when the game was "abandoned" by the ref with 7 minutes left in the game. Because of the abandonment, the league took our 2 goals away. If this is the only punishment we receive, I would feel very fortunate.

I am not going to make any comments about our behaviors or any reasons/excuses why we acted with such poor sportsmanship. The girls deserve much better than this. Myself included, was one of the parents that was yelling from the sideline and we let our hard working girls down. These girls feed off of us, the parents and we were unacceptable.

We WILL change our sideline behavior for future games and change the mindset the soccer world views of our team and in the end, hopefully we can be better citizens, sportsman and overall a better person by learning from this.

Well said, JS. Props to you for taking this position!
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieSheen's Brain 11/10/12, 02:00 pm

Joe scafone wrote:Okay...this has taken a few days, primarily due to our disgust & embarrassment of this entire situation. Most of you already know by now, my daughter plays for AFC Red and has done so for the last 3 years. I really thought this whole situation would just go away and we could learn and move on from it. I will tell you this, the team of players, families and the coach are all deeply embarrassed about our sideline behavior as spectators. We have no open issues with the Diamonds, they are a very respectable team and coached by a very good man who obviously cares very much for these girls. We have not formally apologized to the Diamonds, but plan to do so as soon as possible. They deserved a full 60 minute game and we failed to deliver that and hope one day we will be given another opportunity to play again.

Winning!
CharlieSheen's Brain
CharlieSheen's Brain
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by midfieldersdad 11/10/12, 02:13 pm

That's respectable Joe. I applaud your efforts to make amends. cheers

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MyLittleSecret 11/10/12, 02:30 pm

Our coach has been at this a long time. He has trained coaches, referees and continues his love of teaching the girls soccer. Me tells the parents to cheer for the girls and keep quiet about the referee's calls. His point is that nothing good comes complaining about the referees. They are doing their best and none of the complaints will will get you anything but in trouble. It makes for little drama in the stands, but we do not have to worry about our DD's being penalized for our actions. Our only topic of discussion is usually how loud the parents of the other team are. Very Happy

MyLittleSecret
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next