North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

'03 Mid-Season Observations Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

'03 Mid-Season Observations

Go down

'03 Mid-Season Observations Empty '03 Mid-Season Observations

Post by BumpyPitch 10/10/12, 10:32 am

DTSouth, Sting, Liverpool, and FCDallas will each field a very strong top team come select - these teams are all very comparable, all depends who shows up week to week? or doesn't have other commitments, family activities, etc.

Surprise Teams- no one. Each team is playing as expected. No real drop-offs? Lots of parity through the division. Could say there were some 'unexpected' losses or wins last weekend, but everyone is keeping pace with one another.

SRSA. Where do you start? Has there ever been a team pre-select that has dominated it's age group like this team? Definitely not in the 02, 01 or 00 age groups, maybe the 99s? Last years Top '02 teams were FCD or Texans or Solar or Solar Red or Texans South - lots of supporters claiming who was the best? Not with this age group. SRSA is a talented, deep team that doesn't appear to be slowing down.

Overall this is a talented age group with lots of special players. The list of special players starts with SRSA. They have quite a few. Also, there are top players to watch from FCD East, Fever, Sting M, FCD, LP & Cosmos. The future looks great for this group. Wish I had a crystal ball for the potential ODP team that comes out of this age group, this is a legacy waiting to happen on the National level.

As stated above from #2-#8 very close that any team can win any giving weekend. Rest of the teams create solid depth for age group. Again, overall this group is a a lot stronger from top to bottom than the '02's where at this time last year. Lots of solid play...

Other observations? Question
BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

'03 Mid-Season Observations Empty Re: '03 Mid-Season Observations

Post by flygirl 10/10/12, 03:43 pm

BumpyPitch wrote:
DTSouth, Sting, Liverpool, and FCDallas will each field a very strong top team come select - these teams are all very comparable, all depends who shows up week to week? or doesn't have other commitments, family activities, etc.

Surprise Teams- no one. Each team is playing as expected. No real drop-offs? Lots of parity through the division. Could say there were some 'unexpected' losses or wins last weekend, but everyone is keeping pace with one another.

SRSA. Where do you start? Has there ever been a team pre-select that has dominated it's age group like this team? Definitely not in the 02, 01 or 00 age groups, maybe the 99s? Last years Top '02 teams were FCD or Texans or Solar or Solar Red or Texans South - lots of supporters claiming who was the best? Not with this age group. SRSA is a talented, deep team that doesn't appear to be slowing down.

Overall this is a talented age group with lots of special players. The list of special players starts with SRSA. They have quite a few. Also, there are top players to watch from FCD East, Fever, Sting M, FCD, LP & Cosmos. The future looks great for this group. Wish I had a crystal ball for the potential ODP team that comes out of this age group, this is a legacy waiting to happen on the National level.

As stated above from #2-#8 very close that any team can win any giving weekend. Rest of the teams create solid depth for age group. Again, overall this group is a a lot stronger from top to bottom than the '02's where at this time last year. Lots of solid play...

Other observations? Question

I agree about the talent in this age group and national potential. We just can't burn them out and have to keep them away from those stinky boys!
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : On the phone explaining to a 90 year old woman how to reset her wireless router - in spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 10/10/12, 04:07 pm

I'm anxious to see what happens between now and the spring. There is always movement and there are going to be good players that have played for a team for years finally move on for better opportunities. It's going to be interesting. Don't think anyone will catch up with SRSA before LHs but I can see the gap closing depending on what changes are made this winter. Right now though they are still the best I've seen in some time.

So far there really hasn't been too many disappointments or surprise teams. The teams many thought were good still are good. I've been impressed with Mendoza since they figured out how to score again. They've Run off a nice stretch of wins.

One team I am curious about is Polaris curiel, in August they were edge of the top 10 and I noticed they lost a couple of games in ptcl that I didn't expect. The loses we're close so it could just be one of those outplayed but gave up one long ball type things.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by The truth must be told 10/10/12, 05:17 pm

We all know the machine we call SRSA is the top team. No doubt about that at all. However, we also know this is the best recruited team in North Texas. All the girls were developed by another coach other than a select few.

So my question is at this point of the season, who has developed the best team?

Sting Mendoza?
DTS Adames?
LP?
Fever?
FCD?

I have no DD on any of these teams, but I have friends in many of these clubs. So I am curious as to who everyone thinks is the top coach that can develop a top team??

The truth must be told
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 10/10/12, 06:50 pm

The truth must be told wrote:We all know the machine we call SRSA is the top team. No doubt about that at all. However, we also know this is the best recruited team in North Texas. All the girls were developed by another coach other than a select few.

Sting Mendoza?
DTS Adames?
LP?
Fever?
FCD?

I have no DD on any of these teams, but I have friends in many of these clubs. So I am curious as to who everyone thinks is the top coach that can develop a top team??
Mendoza gets my vote but of course I'm biased. He has a team of 12 field players, 8 of whom have never had another academy coach and outside skills are sporadic at best. No coach deserves all the credit/blame though. It takes a village and longevity to "develop" a team and development doesn't necessarily equal short term success.

DM of SRSA is indeed a heck of a recruiter and has an eye for talent. He is also a phenomenal coach. IMHO the teams he has been involved with are what they are because of his coaching even more so than his recruiting.
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joan Of Arc 10/10/12, 09:01 pm

The last team as dominate as this SRSA team was the 99 Texans. They blew out everyone. They scored a record 104 goals their first season in LHGCL. I thought that scoring record would never be broken. I'm not so sure now.
Joan Of Arc
Joan Of Arc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer315 10/10/12, 09:27 pm

Joan Of Arc wrote:The last team as dominate as this SRSA team was the 99 Texans. They blew out everyone. They scored a record 104 goals their first season in LHGCL. I thought that scoring record would never be broken. I'm not so sure now.

Joan of Arc, I think you may be forgetting Sting 99, before they blew up, were pretty good too. They won State Cup at U11, those two were the top teams in the age group - now with that said, I have no idea how many goals they scored in their U11 year.
soccer315
soccer315
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Joan Of Arc 10/10/12, 10:47 pm

Sting scored 67 goals that year. Sting had 1 loss. Texans went undefeated.
Joan Of Arc
Joan Of Arc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby427 10/10/12, 11:06 pm

The truth must be told wrote:We all know the machine we call SRSA is the top team. No doubt about that at all. However, we also know this is the best recruited team in North Texas. All the girls were developed by another coach other than a select few.

Sting Mendoza?
DTS Adames?
LP?
Fever?
FCD?

The most dominate academy coach at this time is clearly Gabe Adames.

Who else has a top 5 team, in some cases top 3 team in four age groups: 02, 03, 04, and 05s?

Adames also does not actively recruit, does not share players, and develops the vast majority of his players himself as he does not have multiple teams in these age groups.

Mendoza, DM, there are other good ones, and some not well known but it's hard to argue IMO against Adames when he is winning in so many age groups, the vast majority with girls he has had for multiple years..

Shelby427
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfan88 11/10/12, 07:32 am

Sting Mendoza?
DTS Adames?
LP?
Fever?
FCD?

My vote goes to Sting Mendoza.

soccerfan88
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer315 11/10/12, 07:43 am

Joan Of Arc wrote:Sting scored 67 goals that year. Sting had 1 loss. Texans went undefeated.

Sting 99 had one loss in league play and the won the State Cup that year, which meant that the Texans had a loss (unless they did not play State Cup that year). Don't get me wrong, that Texans team was a great team.
soccer315
soccer315
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BumpyPitch 11/10/12, 09:40 am

Response to SRSA success is based on recruitment is beyond false and inaccurate. DM is a quality coach no doubt.

First, the majority of these girls have been together for close to three years and the team's success will always attract the better players looking for more. This could be why there are 20 plus girls at training each week? Some actually don't roster but come out for the training and quality touches.

Say what you what you want about the coach, but these girls train extremely hard to make themselves better. Their soccer IQ and style of play is beyond their years.

If the expectation is correct that DM hands-off this team to ASolca come Select, this group will only get better in their development and team success.

Out is right, it takes a "village and longevity to develop a top team" and the support of committed parents is a huge part. We should all take pride that this group is another great example why North Texas is considered and will continue to be a hot bed for youth soccer.

Hats off to SRSA.
BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by flygirl 11/10/12, 10:05 am

BumpyPitch wrote:Response to SRSA success is based on recruitment is beyond false and inaccurate. DM is a quality coach no doubt.

First, the majority of these girls have been together for close to three years and the team's success will always attract the better players looking for more. This could be why there are 20 plus girls at training each week? Some actually don't roster but come out for the training and quality touches.

Say what you what you want about the coach, but these girls train extremely hard to make themselves better. Their soccer IQ and style of play is beyond their years.

If the expectation is correct that DM hands-off this team to ASolca come Select, this group will only get better in their development and team success.

Out is right, it takes a "village and longevity to develop a top team" and the support of committed parents is a huge part. We should all take pride that this group is another great example why North Texas is considered and will continue to be a hot bed for youth soccer.

Hats off to SRSA.

So sometime between now and select, Solca gets the top Solar team, Diaz has already inserted himself into the top FCD team, who gets the top Texans, Liverpool, Sting and Fever teams or do the coaches stay the same?
flygirl
flygirl
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : On the phone explaining to a 90 year old woman how to reset her wireless router - in spanish

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfan88 11/10/12, 12:20 pm

flygirl wrote:
BumpyPitch wrote:Response to SRSA success is based on recruitment is beyond false and inaccurate. DM is a quality coach no doubt.

Hats off to SRSA.

So sometime between now and select, Solca gets the top Solar team, Diaz has already inserted himself into the top FCD team, who gets the top Texans, Liverpool, Sting and Fever teams or do the coaches stay the same?

Thats a vey good question.
I think
Fever same coach
Texans ??
Liverpool maybe Pulpaneck
Now it's going to get interested with Sting.
Sting Mendoza Top team
Sting Scarfone/Searls 2nd team
Sting Goodman 3rd team way behind the other two teams.
Will Mendoza give up the team and coach no other team? Has no other team at Sting.
Will Scarfone/Searls heard Scarfone will coach in select.
Sting Goodman---???

soccerfan88
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cottagers 11/10/12, 12:46 pm

Fever - same coach
Texans - Texans South Adames,will be interesting if Texans designate them the Texans 03.
Sting Mendoza - agree Mendoza no other team at club so hangs onto this one
Sting Scarfone - Scarfone, his MO is to take team through 1st yr of select
Liverpool - dalglish coach. IMO, Pulp would be more interested in the top 04 team than a solid 03 team
Sting Goodman - Harr, has daughter on team and may be wanting to pick up a younger team
Cottagers
Cottagers
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 11/10/12, 03:56 pm

soccer315 wrote:
Joan Of Arc wrote:Sting scored 67 goals that year. Sting had 1 loss. Texans went undefeated.

Sting 99 had one loss in league play and the won the State Cup that year, which meant that the Texans had a loss (unless they did not play State Cup that year). Don't get me wrong, that Texans team was a great team.

That Texans team had players that were so far ahead of the other 99s it wasn't funny. SRSA doesn't have that caliber of individual talent. The two stars that led Texans 99s are legitimate national team contenders and are currently 1st and 2nd in goals for 98 ECNL. Yes, playing a year up in an older age group. Those two players led ECNL in Goals and Assists last year so they are consistently outstanding. Having them on the same team in their normal age group was just unfair so they split up and played up. They are back together again at Texans 98 ECNL. That being said Sting did take them down in State Cup so anything is possible.
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down