North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

TFC Cup 2012 - Blue - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

TFC Cup 2012 - Blue

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

U12 [b][color=blue]Blue [/color][/b]Winner?

TFC Cup 2012 - Blue - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%TFC Cup 2012 - Blue - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
TFC Cup 2012 - Blue - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%TFC Cup 2012 - Blue - Page 2 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]
TFC Cup 2012 - Blue - Page 2 Vote_lcap23%TFC Cup 2012 - Blue - Page 2 Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 7 ]
TFC Cup 2012 - Blue - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%TFC Cup 2012 - Blue - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
TFC Cup 2012 - Blue - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%TFC Cup 2012 - Blue - Page 2 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]
TFC Cup 2012 - Blue - Page 2 Vote_lcap23%TFC Cup 2012 - Blue - Page 2 Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 7 ]
[ 2 ]
TFC Cup 2012 - Blue - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%TFC Cup 2012 - Blue - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
[ 3 ]
TFC Cup 2012 - Blue - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%TFC Cup 2012 - Blue - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 31

Poll closed

TFC Cup 2012 - Blue - Page 2 Empty Re: TFC Cup 2012 - Blue

Post by Blank77 10/12/12, 01:44 pm

3-4-3 wrote:
Rudder wrote:I personnaly think TFC Guzman would be nowhere the top 10 if North Texas soccer was called according to the Laws of the game. They are overly physical, late hits, cheap shots, etc. There are some skilled girls on the team, but the reliance on physcially beating the tar out of other girls is what allows them to win games. But hey, they're winning, so who cares?

Disagree. That would fly if the rest of the top 10 were all finesse, posession oriented teams that don't rely on physical play. IMO, what allows TFC to win games is they have a solid D, and they compact the midfield conceeding space most opponents don't know what to do with. Their mids are effective at counter attacking and linking up with a very fast, dangerous forward. Said forward is also becoming skilled at dropping deep into the midfield and picking up the outlet. They are physical yes, but so are the MAJORITY of D1 teams.

Based on games I saw first half of U12, only ONE team in D1 consistently plays possession soccer and that is SR. New look D'feeters were closest 2nd at keeping the ball, but I wouldn't call it posession just yet (major Kudos to their coach though for letting his girls play real soccer even when they could win more games with defensive tactics).

Sting, Texans (both teams) and Solar Monte play pretty much the same style with Sting having the best athletes and probably MORE physical than TFC. FCD, Kicks and Andro are stylistically similar with about the same physicality but with Kicks playing more long ball and long range shooting this year than last.

TFC style is unique in D1 in that they don't contest their attacking third and sometimes willingly give up the middle third too, but Sting vs. Bates @ Texas Cup - Flan did the exact same thing for entire second half and 1st extra time period, and Texans Higg will do the same if they get up a goal on a team. I just don't see a huge difference across D1 in style of play.

I'd go further and say you don't need five fingers to count the teams that currently play posession soccer in all of Lake Highlands '01.

1. SR (d1), 2. Kicks Gold (d2), 3. TFC Blue (d3) .....(who else?) I haven't seen the other D3 teams recently, but most of D1 and D2 have no grounds to be calling out Guzman.

Will you share your affiliation? You obviously are tied to a team in D1 so I am just curious where your bias lands? Also, I don't watch much D1 anymore, but I would think that style for some teams change based on opponents. More athletic, physical teams can beat a lesser possession team out of possession soccer. I'd just like to know what angle you are watching to form your opinions.

Blank77
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by punchface 10/12/12, 01:50 pm

Rudder I think you hit the nail on the head with that one! Should not be such a shock to me that TFC parents and Coach Guzman encourage the girls to play dirty and talk alot of smack, but I guess he will do anything win. Glad my daughter is not part of that team!

punchface
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/12/12, 02:56 pm

Rudder wrote:I personnaly think TFC Guzman would be nowhere the top 10 if North Texas soccer was called according to the Laws of the game. They are overly physical, late hits, cheap shots, etc. There are some skilled girls on the team, but the reliance on physcially beating the tar out of other girls is what allows them to win games. But hey, they're winning, so who cares?

Bingo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweeper 10/12/12, 07:52 pm

3-4-3 wrote:
1. SR (d1), 2. Kicks Gold (d2), 3. TFC Blue (d3) .....(who else?) I haven't seen the other D3 teams recently, but most of D1 and D2 have no grounds to be calling out Guzman.

Kicks White played a lot more possession last year from what I have seen. When we played them this year, it was mostly long balls, dump and chase. A lot of offensive pressure and attacking. It was effective, but not that pretty to watch.

Duca is playing a good bit of possession soccer, but sometimes we end up just kicking it down the field. Much less so as the season has progressed and the girls have got used to playing together more. Looking forward to the second half of the season.
Sweeper
Sweeper
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweeper 10/12/12, 08:07 pm

weatherbug wrote:
imabee wrote:How bout TFC blue!! Two big wins today. They looked really good out there today. Congrats on moving on, you deserve it!

So exciting when it all comes together! Those were a couple of great games today!! cheers

Congrats WB. Great tournament for your girls. Some VERY impressive wins. Must have been a great weekend for you and your DD.
Sweeper
Sweeper
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/12/12, 09:40 pm

Sweeper wrote:
3-4-3 wrote:

Kicks White played a lot more possession last year from what I have seen. When we played them this year, it was mostly long balls, dump and chase. A lot of offensive pressure and attacking. It was effective, but not that pretty to watch.

Duca is playing a good bit of possession soccer, but sometimes we end up just kicking it down the field. Much less so as the season has progressed and the girls have got used to playing together more. Looking forward to the second half of the season.

A convenient opinion given the circumstances don't ya think Sweep? Maybe nostalgic? KW was solid, and I'll take nothing from them.

And I don't mean to cheerlead for Kicks Gold; their sideline is plenty capable of doing that all on their own. But I will give credit where credit is due, and I've seen KG putting passes together across all three lines and doing it against D1 competition.

Good to see you posting again though. You're an intellectual, so I leave you with this...

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
-Albert Einstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Reality Man 11/12/12, 01:08 am

For you people who say the Guzman would not be top 10 without there forward is pretty stupid, that would be like saying the The Texas Longhorns would not have won the National Championship without Vince Young or the San Francisco 49ers only won because of Joe Montana in the 1980's or the Chicago Bulls would not have won 6 NBA titles with out Michael Jordan, these are all team sports and it takes a team to win. That forward for Guzman does not play defense and she does not get the ball from her own defenders from one end of the field and takes the ball to the other end of the field to score, her teammates gets her the ball and there are lot of goals that the other girls on that team score as well. 3-4-3 did say it right last season Guzman tied Flanagan 2-2 with out there forward and in that game Flanagan was winning that game 2-0 before Guzman scored the next two goals to end the game with a tie. People need to remember that old lesson that every parent taught us as we were kids at one time, if you don't have nothing good to say then don't say anything at all. Grow Up People, you are suppose to be setting an example for your kids !

Reality Man
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/12/12, 01:32 am

Blank77 wrote:
3-4-3 wrote:

Disagree. That would fly if the rest of the top 10 were all finesse, posession oriented teams that don't rely on physical play. IMO, what allows TFC to win games is they have a solid D, and they compact the midfield conceeding space most opponents don't know what to do with. Their mids are effective at counter attacking and linking up with a very fast, dangerous forward. Said forward is also becoming skilled at dropping deep into the midfield and picking up the outlet. They are physical yes, but so are the MAJORITY of D1 teams.

Based on games I saw first half of U12, only ONE team in D1 consistently plays possession soccer and that is SR. New look D'feeters were closest 2nd at keeping the ball, but I wouldn't call it posession just yet (major Kudos to their coach though for letting his girls play real soccer even when they could win more games with defensive tactics).

Sting, Texans (both teams) and Solar Monte play pretty much the same style with Sting having the best athletes and probably MORE physical than TFC. FCD, Kicks and Andro are stylistically similar with about the same physicality but with Kicks playing more long ball and long range shooting this year than last.

TFC style is unique in D1 in that they don't contest their attacking third and sometimes willingly give up the middle third too, but Sting vs. Bates @ Texas Cup - Flan did the exact same thing for entire second half and 1st extra time period, and Texans Higg will do the same if they get up a goal on a team. I just don't see a huge difference across D1 in style of play.

I'd go further and say you don't need five fingers to count the teams that currently play posession soccer in all of Lake Highlands '01.

Will you share your affiliation? You obviously are tied to a team in D1 so I am just curious where your bias lands? Also, I don't watch much D1 anymore, but I would think that style for some teams change based on opponents. More athletic, physical teams can beat a lesser possession team out of possession soccer. I'd just like to know what angle you are watching to form your opinions.

A wise man dressed in Black and Gold once told me that the path to knowledge is found by studying the formations...

Back to top Go down

Post by RosiePalms 11/12/12, 03:31 am

Reality Man wrote:For you people who say the Guzman would not be top 10 without there forward is pretty stupid, that would be like saying the The Texas Longhorns would not have won the National Championship without Vince Young or the San Francisco 49ers only won because of Joe Montana in the 1980's or the Chicago Bulls would not have won 6 NBA titles with out Michael Jordan, these are all team sports and it takes a team to win. That forward for Guzman does not play defense and she does not get the ball from her own defenders from one end of the field and takes the ball to the other end of the field to score, her teammates gets her the ball and there are lot of goals that the other girls on that team score as well. 3-4-3 did say it right last season Guzman tied Flanagan 2-2 with out there forward and in that game Flanagan was winning that game 2-0 before Guzman scored the next two goals to end the game with a tie. People need to remember that old lesson that every parent taught us as we were kids at one time, if you don't have nothing good to say then don't say anything at all. Grow Up People, you are suppose to be setting an example for your kids !

Personally I believe the Longhorns would not have beat USC without Vince Young, The Bulls would never have gotten past the Knicks all those years withouth Micheal and would have zero rings, and no, the 49ers would not have won nearly as many games without Joe. Also, as a counter to your point, you could take all D2 teams and most D3 teams (even a few PPL teams) and put one 17 year old the roster and compete in D1 just like Guzman does. So you can come on here with your first post and call all the other posters stupid, and then take the high road and telling people to only post nice and to grow up, but I think that is pretty stupid.
RosiePalms
RosiePalms
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/12/12, 04:25 am

3-4-3 wrote:
Sweeper wrote:
3-4-3 wrote:

A convenient opinion given the circumstances don't ya think Sweep? Maybe nostalgic? KW was solid, and I'll take nothing from them.

And I don't mean to cheerlead for Kicks Gold; their sideline is plenty capable of doing that all on their own. But I will give credit where credit is due, and I've seen KG putting passes together across all three lines and doing it against D1 competition.

Good to see you posting again though. You're an intellectual, so I leave you with this...

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
-Albert Einstein

What's crazy is that Sweep has pretty much gone underground for the past 4 months and he's STILL got me by over 300 posts... affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/12/12, 10:38 am

bwgophers wrote:
Blank77 wrote:
3-4-3 wrote:

A wise man dressed in Black and Gold once told me that the path to knowledge is found by studying the formations...

Touche! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by MamaCass 11/12/12, 11:10 am

3-4-3 wrote:
Sweeper wrote:
3-4-3 wrote:

-Albert Einstein

Smile

MamaCass
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Throw In 11/12/12, 11:20 am

Whats cool is watching some of these young girls mature into stronger playing young women. This age can be unfair with size, ability and speed differences but one thing is surprising to me as I watched these last tournaments. Height and speed, not bulk is winning. Physical play is part of the game and an agressive little one can tie up, drop or cover a larger player but the goal shots are being taken from further out with alot more heat on them. this Makes having a solid keeper much more relevant to consistency.
Throw In
Throw In
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach 11/12/12, 12:18 pm

REFRAIN !!!
Coach
Coach

Back to top Go down

Post by Redman 11/12/12, 01:07 pm

Hook It wrote:
weatherbug wrote:
NotGuilty wrote:
thiescj wrote:
rtsafft wrote:I picked the team with the best looking jersey. Just like all-star game balloting, the ones who get the most votes are not usually the ones who are the most deserving. Besides we all know who is going to run away with this one.

And who would that be?? Any one of 5-6 teams could win this one.

Let's tap the brakes on 5-6 teams. You are doing quite a disservice to the 3 top seeds. 5-6 is quite an exaggeration. This was a 2-3 team tournament, period. Very impressed with the D3 teams. Particularly, TFC Blue going to 7-8 PK's to reach finals over Monty and Diamonds looked solid.

I hate to correct this but Monty came out the winner in the Shootout over TFC Blue. Kind of interesting to note that this was TFC Blue's first PK Shootout ever since the team formed in the spring of their 2nd grade year.

I got to watch on to the TFC 01G games... their forward needs a birth certificate check. She look's 13-14-15-16.... really physically dominating every match-up. I really can't believe she is 11-12 - amazing the disparity. I guess she is also nationally ranked as a sprinter according to one of the parents.

One observation I have after only watching 1/2 a game: the team had a few skilled players, but you could see the d-line just trying to do the dump and run to her as often as they could. This is actually going to hurt that team as they do not look like they could carry these wins with our this top player.

IMHO, I do not think they would be a D1 team without her.

I thought we were past calling out specific players and making comments about "checking birth certificates"? Let the girls play and let the team records speak for themselves!
Redman
Redman
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweeper 11/12/12, 02:30 pm

3-4-3 wrote:
Sweeper wrote:
3-4-3 wrote:

-Albert Einstein

No. I don't think it is convenient at all. In terms of winning, KW is much better this year than last year. They should end up D1. Juan has a high pressure attacking style that uses a lot of long balls and players moving into the attacking zone. Last year, KG did it more than KW and now KW has adopted that style. We even talked about it last year on the sidelines. It isn't a style I am crazy about, but it is highly disruptive to the defense and highly effective.
Sweeper
Sweeper
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/12/12, 06:29 pm

What is possession soccer???

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieSheen's Brain 11/12/12, 06:31 pm

kickballrules wrote:What is possession soccer???

LOL WINNING!
CharlieSheen's Brain
CharlieSheen's Brain
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/12/12, 07:40 pm

Sweeper wrote:
No. I don't think it is convenient at all. In terms of winning, KW is much better this year than last year. They should end up D1. Juan has a high pressure attacking style that uses a lot of long balls and players moving into the attacking zone. Last year, KG did it more than KW and now KW has adopted that style. We even talked about it last year on the sidelines. It isn't a style I am crazy about, but it is highly disruptive to the defense and highly effective.

I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but sure feels like you're trying to push buttons with this. Anyone who went through the entire year with Kicks stopped referring to Kicks SC as Kicks Gold by now. Kicks Gold never existed as a select team until this year when the name Kicks White was dropped and a mostly new roster took their place for U12. But then...you know all that.

If former KW parents said Kicks SC played long ball last year it was probably the disgruntled. IMO the signature of Kicks SC's style last year was individual 1v1 play. They didn't boot many balls up to the fast fowards because almost all their mids and backs loved to dribble and were encouraged to do so. Their forwards were more likely to get a ball near midfield and beat the rest of the other team carrying the ball than they were chasing down booted clearances.

Kicks SC played out of the back with outside backs linking to outside mids, but most the rest of that team advanced the ball by a player taking somebody on. They were not a possession team usually (though like most teams they could put together some beautiful soccer), but you'd need a negative agenda to characterize them as a long ball team. Most their goals came from one player beating one or more other players off the dribble and creating their own shot, not 50:50 boomers from the back with forwards winning footraces to goal.

I believe that is the reason several top players were attracted to Kicks last year. They saw the freedom Juan gave to his creative players.

Now that we're in U12 D1, 1v1 may work, but the 1v2 and 1v3 is over and done so IMO the team has taken a while to adjust their style. And I will grant you SC has played long ball and long range bombing in U12, but this is a different team this year with several players in different positions. I have seen a progression though, and slowly but surely they are morphing their style into something that looks more similar to other Kicks vintages.

As far as Kicks Gold "adopting" long ball this year and discarding the possession they supposedly played last year? Couldn't disagree more. It's almost laughable actually, but there are too many land mines and potential hurt feelings for me to debate it. We'll just have to let folks watch the games and see what they see. Don't let me forget to drop in on a few Duca games next spring to check out their style of play. Feels like old times doesn't it? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by oldboot 11/12/12, 08:49 pm

kickballrules wrote:What is possession soccer???

Nothing that a proper exorcism can't fix.
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 1more_dd_dad 11/12/12, 09:07 pm

This thread feels like U10 all over... A couple of thoughts and questions:
1. Kicks still plays a nice posession style of soccer. The athletic/fast teams can take you out of it quickly though...
2. I can't see Juan settling for "dump and chase" although I haven't seen them this year.
3. Slat..., I mean 343 come to his affiliations defense pretty quickly, (thanks for the feet shout out, lol).
4. TFC can play a good brand of soccer when they need to, it seems like it is just easier to sent it long.
5. Although our last couple of games vs. TFC have been chippy, no one was hurt, did someone get hurt this weekend?
6. I miss Kenshi Daves wisdom
6a. Oh yeah, the big five are Satan, ECNL isn't the way to go and PW, Kicks, Diamonds and Fusion Navy will never last... cheers
7. and Juan, I told him you owe him dinner.
8. and... who let blank back on the forum, he must know someone. affraid

1more_dd_dad
1more_dd_dad

Back to top Go down

Post by allhatnocattle 11/12/12, 10:22 pm

sorry for the interruption, but is there a merger afoot between TFC and Kicks?
allhatnocattle
allhatnocattle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/12/12, 06:23 am

Maybe so, but my opinion would be to merge with feet so JM if he wants could make an ECNL run.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hook It 12/12/12, 08:41 am

1more_dd_dad wrote:This thread feels like U10 all over... A couple of thoughts and questions:
1. Kicks still plays a nice posession style of soccer. The athletic/fast teams can take you out of it quickly though...
2. I can't see Juan settling for "dump and chase" although I haven't seen them this year.
3. Slat..., I mean 343 come to his affiliations defense pretty quickly, (thanks for the feet shout out, lol).
4. TFC can play a good brand of soccer when they need to, it seems like it is just easier to sent it long.
5. Although our last couple of games vs. TFC have been chippy
, no one was hurt, did someone get hurt this weekend?
6. I miss Kenshi Daves wisdom
6a. Oh yeah, the big five are Satan, ECNL isn't the way to go and PW, Kicks, Diamonds and Fusion Navy will never last... cheers
7. and Juan, I told him you owe him dinner.
8. and... who let blank back on the forum, he must know someone. affraid

I got the opportunity to watch both TFC Blue and TFC 01G both play and Blue is playing some great skilled soccer. The 01G team is just silly - these parents think their team is something special, but with out the star 5'9"+ nationally ranked sprinter up front playing the dump and run they would not be D1 IMO. Can't believe she is 11/12...., it looks like she is 80%+ of the teams threat.

BTW: who is Fusion Navy?

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
-IWD4U
[/b][/i].
Hook It
Hook It
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/12/12, 09:01 am

totalsoccer wrote:Maybe so, but my opinion would be to merge with feet so JM if he wants could make an ECNL run.

Totalsoccer,

So you think that Kicks will end up Feet, and Kicks (Club) will go away? This won't happen. Juan has too many Kicks teams from 06 (maybe even 07) up to the 01 age that are a custom to paying far less fees for what seems to be a similar or better product than most "Big" Clubs. You are saying JM could make an ECNL run? This would mean that Feet would hire JM, and he would.....what???? Have to give up the Kicks Franchise for 1 ECNL team? I don't think Feet or the Kicks family would be OK with JM coaching for both clubs at the same time. Not to mention, Kicks has boys teams also, so even the pipe dream that JM would take all of the Kicks teams over to Feet doesn't work. I could see JM entering his current 01 squad in ECNL tournaments and winning those tournaments just to "Stick it to the Man." So, lets see....Kicks Players would get the same exposure to College Coaches at a much smaller cost, and then go home with a Trophy and bragging rights over the "Top" squads. That is not far fetched. While I've had some fun with JM and Kicks in some of my pasts post, I do recognize Quality. The Kicks Product is Quality, and while ECNL is "supposedly" the best collection of players in one pool, it would be Great Drama to see a Team like Kicks, TFC, Spirit, Andro, enter these tournaments (not league play) and Compete with Goliath.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfans4u 12/12/12, 10:08 am

Blah-Blah-Blah wrote:
totalsoccer wrote:Maybe so, but my opinion would be to merge with feet so JM if he wants could make an ECNL run.

Totalsoccer,

So you think that Kicks will end up Feet, and Kicks (Club) will go away? This won't happen. Juan has too many Kicks teams from 06 (maybe even 07) up to the 01 age that are a custom to paying far less fees for what seems to be a similar or better product than most "Big" Clubs. You are saying JM could make an ECNL run? This would mean that Feet would hire JM, and he would.....what???? Have to give up the Kicks Franchise for 1 ECNL team? I don't think Feet or the Kicks family would be OK with JM coaching for both clubs at the same time. Not to mention, Kicks has boys teams also, so even the pipe dream that JM would take all of the Kicks teams over to Feet doesn't work. I could see JM entering his current 01 squad in ECNL tournaments and winning those tournaments just to "Stick it to the Man." So, lets see....Kicks Players would get the same exposure to College Coaches at a much smaller cost, and then go home with a Trophy and bragging rights over the "Top" squads. That is not far fetched. While I've had some fun with JM and Kicks in some of my pasts post, I do recognize Quality. The Kicks Product is Quality, and while ECNL is "supposedly" the best collection of players in one pool, it would be Great Drama to see a Team like Kicks, TFC, Spirit, Andro, enter these tournaments (not league play) and Compete with Goliath.

I agree with Total... Seen it before (other teams not specifically Kicks). Let's not forget the $$$ involved. Juan's not dumb, he knows he's got a great team and he knows he'll get the $$$ for Clubs trying to "buy" their way into ECNL. Not saying he'll move all of the teams, he could build a team and pass it off one at a time. For some reason i just got a "Rowdy" Chill remembering the old "May" days!

PS- Great run TFC BLUE! Great group of girls and families! AS for TFC 01 let it be. Parents want to pay the $$ for brand kind of coaching, let em! You don't like it, pay your $$ elsewhere and let it go!
soccerfans4u
soccerfans4u
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next