North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

SDL - League Registration Closes Today! - Page 5 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

SDL - League Registration Closes Today!

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

SDL - League Registration Closes Today! - Page 5 Empty Re: SDL - League Registration Closes Today!

Post by go99 17/02/13, 11:13 am

Busby Babes wrote:Go 99,

In that match, the point of my post was, Kenn had an excellent game plan which wasn't so bland as to a general reference of " parking the bus". There was much more to the way he tactically set up that match. There was a simple counter plan that the Liverpool coach could have installed once he saw how the match was progressing, and failed to see it. I was honestly surprised because I assumed he would have picked it out easily. Not to say he is a poor manager, but in that match, he failed to make the adjustment when the spacing in midfield was congested.

I tend to think you are pretty on top of the sport, and have a good understanding of what I'm talking about.

I definitely understand what he did and those kind of tactics can get results even if its not the best for development. I thought the girls showed incredible discipline to carry it out. I have since seen several others try a similar approach and been unable to pull it off. My argument at that time was I didn't know if LW recognized it or not but a that age he should not have made the adjustments. The girls are still learning to execute a style of play. I know my DD learned alot from that game and improved as a player. And to be fair it was said that LW was a poor manager and was completely outclassed by Kenn.

So there is the rub. On one hand he is a tactics genius who completely outclassed LW. But then in his lose he is just a coach who cares about the development of his girls.

I prefer and hope he is the later. I was dissapointed to see what I felt was a very good attacking team sink in and refuse to attack. Hopefully that is all done with and the team is back to their attacking ways even if they lose

go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

SDL - League Registration Closes Today! - Page 5 Empty Re: SDL - League Registration Closes Today!

Post by Gunner9 17/02/13, 11:13 am

db10 wrote:So hopefully someone can enlighten me on what the big issue is?

There is no single BIG issue. Some coaches are lightning rods for criticism on here. Usually the ones that have successful teams. Both guys in that oft-talked about match seem to draw their share of supporters and detractors.

Envy? Misguided club loyalty? Little Susie couldn't make someone's team? An unhealthy emphasis on the result of an 8-year old's soccer match? Overheard comments taken out of context? Who knows?

One thing never changes in NTX soccer: for every parent that swears by a coach's style and methods, there is another who wouldn't let him train their dog.

TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Po Boy 17/02/13, 11:15 am

Master Bates wrote:
Busby Babes wrote:I think the bigger part is when the breaks just don't go your way.. I can think of many well coached squads, for club and countries, that this has happened too. Can also name many shite managers that have had the breaks go their way and pull off the victory . Stuart Pearce is one glaring example..

Yes but in this particular game that wasn't the case. Dalglish deserved to win!

I agree, Dalglish was the better team...........in December. And should obviously be the favorite next week. But man, if they don't win.....there might not be enough boxes of Kleenex in Dallas to dry all of the tears of the LP blowhards.
Soccer Po Boy
Soccer Po Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Po Boy 17/02/13, 11:16 am

Gunner9 wrote:
db10 wrote:So hopefully someone can enlighten me on what the big issue is?

There is no single BIG issue. Some coaches are lightning rods for criticism on here. Usually the ones that have successful teams. Both guys in that oft-talked about match seem to draw their share of supporters and detractors.

Envy? Misguided club loyalty? Little Susie couldn't make someone's team? An unhealthy emphasis on the result of an 8-year old's soccer match? Overheard comments taken out of context? Who knows?

One thing never changes in NTX soccer: for every parent that swears by a coach's style and methods, there is another who wouldn't let him train their dog.

Spot on!!!

Soccer Po Boy
Soccer Po Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/02/13, 11:18 am

I don't think anyone was blasting Solar or their coach at all. People are scratching their head at Busby Babe's "situational" philosophy is all. He talks grandiosely about proper player development and the need to ignore wins and losses at young ages, but then defends a coach who set up a team of 8 year olds team like Custer's last stand in order to eek out a result. Can't have it both ways.

Back to top Go down

Post by WingNut 17/02/13, 11:37 am

Soccer Po Boy wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
Busby Babes wrote:I think the bigger part is when the breaks just don't go your way.. I can think of many well coached squads, for club and countries, that this has happened too. Can also name many shite managers that have had the breaks go their way and pull off the victory . Stuart Pearce is one glaring example..

I agree, Dalglish was the better team...........in December. And should obviously be the favorite next week. But man, if they don't win.....there might not be enough boxes of Kleenex in Dallas to dry all of the tears of the LP blowhards.

Yes Dalglish won last time. And is capable this time, we havent just taken the winter off. However Solar should be a better team than they were in December. They have some Rosales girls that now have some time with the team and one recent RASE addition.

Kleenex comment?! I dont get it. Look back to December. Did we rub it in? NOPE! No Kleenex needed wither way.
WingNut
WingNut
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Po Boy 17/02/13, 11:43 am

WingNut wrote:
Soccer Po Boy wrote:
Master Bates wrote:

Yes Dalglish won last time. And is capable this time, we havent just taken the winter off. However Solar should be a better team than they were in December. They have some Rosales girls that now have some time with the team and one recent RASE addition.

Kleenex comment?! I dont get it. Look back to December. Did we rub it in? NOPE! No Kleenex needed wither way.

I wouldn't expect YOU to get it. Good luck today against DT Scott. Who knows, Scott might be LP enemy #1 come tomorrow. Also, thanks for the update about the Rosales and RASE girls. I wasn't aware of that. But I can see why you would want to point that out.

Last edited by Soccer Po Boy on 17/02/13, 01:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soccer Po Boy
Soccer Po Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/02/13, 11:54 am

Soccer Po Boy wrote:
WingNut wrote:
Soccer Po Boy wrote:
Master Bates wrote:

I wouldn't expect YOU to get it. Good luck today against DT Scott. Who knows, Scott might be LP enemy #1 come tomorrow.

Interesting comments, perhaps you should chill instead of inciting. Both are good top 5 teams, it's as simple as that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babes 17/02/13, 11:56 am

SoftballDad wrote:I don't think anyone was blasting Solar or their coach at all. People are scratching their head at Busby Babe's "situational" philosophy is all. He talks grandiosely about proper player development and the need to ignore wins and losses at young ages, but then defends a coach who set up a team of 8 year olds team like Custer's last stand in order to eek out a result. Can't have it both ways.

This is where you fail at the subject at hand.. He didn't set the team in the black and white example you used. I didn't defend him in the laughable reference you just used, because the team wasn't set up in that fashion.
Busby Babes
Busby Babes
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babes 17/02/13, 11:57 am

Master Bates wrote:
Soccer Po Boy wrote:
WingNut wrote:
Soccer Po Boy wrote:
Master Bates wrote:

I wouldn't expect YOU to get it. Good luck today against DT Scott. Who knows, Scott might be LP enemy #1 come tomorrow.

Interesting comments, perhaps you should chill instead of inciting. Both are good top 5 teams, it's as simple as that.

This.... Undeniable
Busby Babes
Busby Babes
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Po Boy 17/02/13, 12:01 pm

Master Bates wrote:
Soccer Po Boy wrote:
WingNut wrote:
Soccer Po Boy wrote:
Master Bates wrote:

This is the funniest thing I have ever heard from you. That's the pot calling the kettle black. And I agree, both very good teams.
Soccer Po Boy
Soccer Po Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/02/13, 12:04 pm

Soccer Po Boy wrote:
Master Bates wrote:
Soccer Po Boy wrote:
WingNut wrote:
Soccer Po Boy wrote:
Master Bates wrote:

This is the funniest thing I have ever heard from you. That's the pot calling the kettle black. And I agree, both very good teams.

The Solar parents seem to be in siege mentality mode at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by SwitchDaField 17/02/13, 05:49 pm

I guess the second or third (not sure) meeting between TX Spirit and Solar wasn't a fluke.

TX Spirit (3), Solar Ken (0). Final.
DT Scott (0), LP Dalglish (0), Final.

Last edited by 4DaLuvofTheGM on 17/02/13, 05:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

SwitchDaField
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccercircus 17/02/13, 05:50 pm

go99 wrote:I think they are pointing to the apparent contradiction. First Kenn being the master tactician who completely out coached LW by putting the entire team in defense. I seem to remeber it being pretty nasty infact. With LW being blasted for his inabilty to recognize and make changes in tactics to win the game. Now it has switched to it's all about development not wins scratch I can unserstand peoples confusion. I agree with you though. At this age it should be all about development and learning to play your style of soccer. You win some and you lose some and you can learn from both.

Spot on, Go 99. That was my point. I saw 3 out 4 Solar games in the TPC tourney and thought they played well, in fact beat Spirit, I believe, on day 1. So, why not give the team a moral boost (not saying they needed one, don't know the players) with a sure win in the first Tournament of they year by allowing them to keep playing their game in the last 20 min instead trying to "develop players" in 20 min??? Not bashing solar, just contadiction, as you said, with what bubsy says. scratch

soccercircus
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by HoldTheDoor 17/02/13, 06:26 pm

4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:I guess the second or third (not sure) meeting between TX Spirit and Solar wasn't a fluke.

TX Spirit (3), Solar Ken (0). Final.
DT Scott (0), LP Dalglish (0), Final.

Spirit 3
Solar 1

HoldTheDoor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/02/13, 06:56 pm

Wasn't the final 4-1 Spirit?

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer Po Boy 17/02/13, 07:01 pm

honestspeak wrote:Wasn't the final 4-1 Spirit?

Whatever it was, Solar got handled. No way to sugar coat this one.
Soccer Po Boy
Soccer Po Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 17/02/13, 07:52 pm

solar has had some changes. They will be fine and a top team in select
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by tecate04 17/02/13, 08:49 pm

As a spirit parent i believe the final was 3-1...and i dont think we "handled" solar. Solar is a solid team and it was a very competitive match. We are fortunate to have beaten them 2 out of the last 3 games. I dont get where all this hate comes from either for Joey or his team. He is a talented coach and so is his team...we enjoy playing them and hope to play them again as playing a top 5 team only makes us better....nice job Joey and solar from a spirit parent.

-come to think of it I dont get why there is hate for any team on a 9 and 10 yr old soccer forum anyway

tecate04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by EyeSnapPhotos 17/02/13, 08:53 pm

Anyone got the rest of the schedule yet?
EyeSnapPhotos
EyeSnapPhotos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 17/02/13, 08:54 pm

tecate04 wrote:As a spirit parent i believe the final was 3-1...and i dont think we "handled" solar. Solar is a solid team and it was a very competitive match. We are fortunate to have beaten them 2 out of the last 3 games. I dont get where all this hate comes from either for Joey or his team. He is a talented coach and so is his team...we enjoy playing them and hope to play them again as playing a top 5 team only makes us better....nice job Joey and solar from a spirit parent.

-come to think of it I dont get why there is hate for any team on a 9 and 10 yr old soccer forum anyway

Keep winning games and you will find out lol
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/02/13, 09:09 pm

go99 wrote:
tecate04 wrote:As a spirit parent i believe the final was 3-1...and i dont think we "handled" solar. Solar is a solid team and it was a very competitive match. We are fortunate to have beaten them 2 out of the last 3 games. I dont get where all this hate comes from either for Joey or his team. He is a talented coach and so is his team...we enjoy playing them and hope to play them again as playing a top 5 team only makes us better....nice job Joey and solar from a spirit parent.

Keep winning games and you will find out lol

Go99, looks like your girls will have a tough game against Spirit!

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 17/02/13, 09:22 pm

I certianly hope so. The more tough games the better
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGT 17/02/13, 10:14 pm

Talking smack about U9s getting "handled" in a game is almost as lame as my next question.

It seems we have 6-7 "top 5 teams". Who truly belongs there?

Oh and Sting teams are rising! Very Happy

MustangGT
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/02/13, 10:19 pm

go99 wrote:I certianly hope so. The more tough games the better

What was the RASE score?

Back to top Go down

Post by WingNut 17/02/13, 10:33 pm

I heard: Rase 13, Solar Armstrong 0.
WingNut
WingNut
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next