North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 TryoutsYesterday at 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGORYesterday at 02:06 pmLewis McGregor
Evo 13B McGregor, PPIL, Colleyville/Southlake/GrapevineYesterday at 01:47 pmLewis McGregor
EVOLUTION 14G MCGREGOR/GRAPEVINE/SOUTHLAKE/COLLEYVILLEYesterday at 01:37 pmLewis McGregor
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

New Look at an Old Topic - who moves up Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205180 messages in 31966 subjects

New Look at an Old Topic - who moves up

Go down

New Look at an Old Topic - who moves up Empty New Look at an Old Topic - who moves up

Post by InaB 19/04/13, 03:57 pm

OK, we are heading down the stretch of the last few games. Here is a forecast (somewhat) of what, in all likelihood, may take place.

Knowing that ECNL teams don’t turn in their Regular roster to ECNL until August 15th (+/-), there could be a number of girls sitting out signing with LH until after that time. Granted, I am sure that the Dallas Cowboys will draft them, oh wait a minute, wrong sport.

I am sure that if there is a girl from a D1 or D2 team still looking for a home in August, she could still find a place. However, those that could lose players to their Big sister ECNL team or another ECNL may be in a difficult position come June. (I won’t get into the conversation about what the player does here only because it has been discussed elsewhere.)

So, if everything works equally, here are my thoughts. Many of the DI, and DII teams could be facing losing players to their sister ECNL team or another ECNL team. This includes Liverpool Elite. So I think from a player perspective we will see a fair amount of movement. We could also face the possibility of a team not making it due to losses and the inability to pick up new players (or enough new players).

It appears there are some close teams on D2 and the last few games will decide the last team to move up.

I think we will be down to the last game on D3 final two moving up to D2. Every game counts now for the middle of the pack. One slip and feather duster here you come.

Gone from D1 to ECNL – Solar Chelsea Red, Dallas Texans 00G, Sting Medina, FC Dallas Girls, D’Feeters Shaw.

Division I 2013-2014
Liverpool FC America Elite
Sting Rezaie
Sting West Richardson
Sting Harr
Solar Chelsea Canevari
Andromeda FC
Sting North Garrett
Lady Aztecs
FC Dallas Blue Or Mustangs Bussey or FC Dallas East (one of these moves up)

Division II 2013-2014
Either FC Dallas Blue, Mustangs Bussey or FC Dallas East (two of these stay)
Sting Central Parker
FC Dallas Youth Premier
Dallas Texans Red
D’Feeters Patulea
Solar Gold
Mustangs Navy
Dallas Texans North, Sting West, Sting Ferretti or Meja Martinez (two of these move up)

Division III 2013-2014

Dallas Texans North, Sting West, Sting Ferretti or Meja Martinez (two of these stay)
Flash
Solar Chelsea White
Meja United

Five open slots for new teams (if they keep DIII at 10 teams). So any thoughts on teams who will come through QT?

Possible QT Contenders

Plano Premier Division 1 top 12
WF Xpress
Avalanche
DTxn FTW
Sporting FC Red
Fever United
AFC Black
Gunners
FC Dallas Red
FC Dallas West Gold
Genesis Elite
Texas Lonestars
Solar Chelsea Blue

Arlington Division 1 – top 7
FWFC Forth Worth White
Abilene ASC
Cyclones
Waco Stars
Arsenal
International FC
Texas Blast

New Teams? cheers

InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

New Look at an Old Topic - who moves up Empty Re: New Look at an Old Topic - who moves up

Post by Its Me 19/04/13, 05:36 pm

If you don't have a team between July 1 and August 15th then you're probably out of luck for the year. Most of the top teams will have their rosters complete by July 1st. It's true that the dynamics are going to drastically change for the U-14 teams.

Althought the ECNL rosters will not be submitted until August 15(If that's the date) I'm sure that most of the ECNL clubs will have their teams selected before June. Some of the clubs are cutting players as of April to get to the final players by May. This way those girls that are not selected will have time to find other teams.

However, it's going to be interesting to see who makes the ECNL teams and then to see the fallout of the teams they're leaving. If a top team loses 4 or 5 of their top players will the team implode.

I'm curious to see the what the Liverpool Pulp players are going to do towards next year.

Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

New Look at an Old Topic - who moves up Empty Re: New Look at an Old Topic - who moves up

Post by what82 19/04/13, 07:42 pm

Can anoyone tell us what happened last year with the 99s? Did teams implode? How much player movement was there?

what82
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer315 19/04/13, 07:55 pm

what82 wrote:Can anoyone tell us what happened last year with the 99s? Did teams implode? How much player movement was there?

Check out this thread. There was another post that I am having trouble finding that broke down the movement in the 99 age group.

http://www.txsoccer.net/t14588p20-advancement
soccer315
soccer315
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Straight Shooter 19/04/13, 09:39 pm

InaB wrote:OK, we are heading down the stretch of the last few games. Here is a forecast (somewhat) of what, in all likelihood, may take place.

Knowing that ECNL teams don’t turn in their Regular roster to ECNL until August 15th (+/-), there could be a number of girls sitting out signing with LH until after that time. Granted, I am sure that the Dallas Cowboys will draft them, oh wait a minute, wrong sport.

I am sure that if there is a girl from a D1 or D2 team still looking for a home in August, she could still find a place. However, those that could lose players to their Big sister ECNL team or another ECNL may be in a difficult position come June. (I won’t get into the conversation about what the player does here only because it has been discussed elsewhere.)

So, if everything works equally, here are my thoughts. Many of the DI, and DII teams could be facing losing players to their sister ECNL team or another ECNL team. This includes Liverpool Elite. So I think from a player perspective we will see a fair amount of movement. We could also face the possibility of a team not making it due to losses and the inability to pick up new players (or enough new players).

It appears there are some close teams on D2 and the last few games will decide the last team to move up.

I think we will be down to the last game on D3 final two moving up to D2. Every game counts now for the middle of the pack. One slip and feather duster here you come.

Gone from D1 to ECNL – Solar Chelsea Red, Dallas Texans 00G, Sting Medina, FC Dallas Girls, D’Feeters Shaw.

Division I 2013-2014
Sting Rezaie
Sting West Richardson
Sting Harr
Solar Chelsea Canevari
Andromeda FC
Sting North Garrett
Lady Aztecs

Division II 2013-2014
Sting Central Parker
FC Dallas Youth Premier
Dallas Texans Red
D’Feeters Patulea
Solar Gold
Mustangs Navy
Dallas Texans North, Sting West, Sting Ferretti or Meja Martinez (two of these move up)

Division III 2013-2014

Dallas Texans North, Sting West, Sting Ferretti or Meja Martinez (two of these stay)
Flash
Solar Chelsea White
Meja United

Five open slots for new teams (if they keep DIII at 10 teams). So any thoughts on teams who will come through QT?

Possible QT Contenders

WF Xpress
Avalanche
DTxn FTW
Sporting FC Red
Fever United
AFC Black

Gunners
FC Dallas Red
FC Dallas West Gold
Genesis Elite
Texas Lonestars
Solar Chelsea Blue

FWFC Forth Worth White
Abilene ASC
Cyclones

Waco Stars
Arsenal
International FC
Texas Blast

New Teams? cheers ?

I think QT will be a dog fight this year even with the 5 potential openings in LH. There are at least 9 obvious contenders and maybe 2 to 3 other mystery teams that will feel like they are ready to take that next step.

Straight Shooter
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 00scrmom 19/04/13, 11:38 pm

Its Me is right, the dynamics are going to change for some teams with the fallout of LH D1 girls not making an ECNL team which will create a ripple effect.
I've heard of lots of movement going on now that the Arlington and Plano leagues are done with the spring season. The May and June tournaments will be key to teams looking to fill in some spots and work out any kinks. I'm not making any predications yet but I think there will be a mystery team or two that will shake things up. Wink

PS...there were 5 spots for the 99s last year. I can't see any teams imploding that have a bye to create an open spot but stranger things have happened!
00scrmom
00scrmom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 20/04/13, 12:59 pm

I don't doubt there will be player movement as there is every year, but with a few exceptions, I'm not seeing ECNL as being the catalyst for dramatic change for most non-ECNL teams for D2, D1 teams (... If an ENCL team is needs 4-5 kids off a NON-ECNL team, that ECNL team has got problems)... girls that are "borderline" (which is still darned good) ECNL, will go back to their old, development squad or another appropriate team. Pool training does not require a release, so only a foolish parent would stop training with their old team, etc.

Surely, these ECNL coaches will know their rosters by June or so, and will not be playing games - stringing girls along, making "surprise" roster cuts in July or August.. I've heard of coaches that have gone back on their word,, but I'm haven't anything like that about this current stable of 00 ECNL coaches (why would they need too).

And if there is a coach, Ecnl or not, out there that has made a habit of changing his/her mind the week of signing, we should make that coach famous, so everyone knows his word isn't any good until the contract is signed. If a kid is cut the week of signing, there are "no 2 sides to the story" BS,-- and that is on that coach!

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by purtxn 21/04/13, 08:11 pm

InaB wrote:OK, we are heading down the stretch of the last few games. Here is a forecast (somewhat) of what, in all likelihood, may take place.

Division I 2013-2014
Sting Rezaie
Sting West Richardson
Sting Harr
Solar Chelsea Canevari
Andromeda FC
Sting North Garrett
Lady Aztecs

Division II 2013-2014
Sting Central Parker
FC Dallas Youth Premier
Dallas Texans Red
D’Feeters Patulea
Solar Gold
Mustangs Navy

Division III 2013-2014

Flash
Solar Chelsea White
Meja United

Possible QT Contenders

WF Xpress
Avalanche
DTxn FTW
Sporting FC Red
Fever United
AFC Black
Gunners
FC Dallas Red
FC Dallas West Gold
Genesis Elite
Texas Lonestars
Solar Chelsea Blue

FWFC Forth Worth White
Abilene ASC
Cyclones
Waco Stars
Arsenal
International FC
Texas Blast

New Teams? cheers

Question: All five clubs with teams going to ECNL still "own" the D1 spots which their team is vacating, right? IF that is true and that club does not have a D2 team already OR their D2 team has EARNED a D1 spot, then that club "could" promote another team into their D1 spot. Correct?
Example: Solar Canevari will earn their way into D1...that will give Solar 2 spots, right? Im just trying to wrap my head around this whole ECNL thing.
purtxn
purtxn
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 21/04/13, 08:19 pm

Hi Pur, this has been previously discussed. The LH rules state that if a D1 team leaves to play in ECNL, they lose their bye or spot in D1 so it cannot be passed on.
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom0399 21/04/13, 08:28 pm

So Ina, what happens if a team double rosters players on the ECNL and Lake Highlands teams. Get bye or not?
soccermom0399
soccermom0399
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 00scrmom 21/04/13, 08:30 pm

soccermom004 wrote:So Ina, what happens if a team double rosters players on the ECNL and Lake Highlands teams. Get bye or not?
I'm no Ina but I can answer, they retain the bye.
00scrmom
00scrmom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by purtxn 21/04/13, 08:50 pm

InaB wrote:Hi Pur, this has been previously discussed. The LH rules state that if a D1 team leaves to play in ECNL, they lose their bye or spot in D1 so it cannot be passed on.

Thanks InaB.
purtxn
purtxn
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 21/04/13, 09:50 pm

Ok Purtxn, here is the info that outlines it on the LH website...Sorry this is long, but the link is muddy with extra situations that don't particularly apply in this instance so I cut it where I could...

"2. General Definitions for League Playing Format and Qualifying Tournament
a) Teams are invited back into LHGCL for the next soccer year (“Bye”) according to the playing format below...
However, there are two situations where a bye would not be extended to a club based on the team standings from the prior year....
(1) If 75 percent of the players on a team (based on the roster as of April 1 of the previous soccer year, rounding fractions up to the next whole number*) leave a team/club to join another team/club, the league Bye will be awarded to that group of players with their new team/club, except as outlined in (2.a.2) below...

Here is the part that applies to this situation per the LHGCL website...

(2) If a club registers a team for a non-North Texas league, without that team also playing in a regularly scheduled Division of Lake Highlands Girls Classic League, they will lose the bye most closely associated with the group of girls leaving the league. For example, if the majority of the girls are leaving from Division I, a Division I Bye will be forfeited by that club in each applicable age group. The Lake Highlands Girls Classic League will make available participation in a separate division with an abbreviated schedule and reduced league fee if a sufficient number of teams agrees to participate with sufficient notice for the coordination and scheduling of that division. The final decision as to whether or not a separate division would be viable will rest with the Lake Highlands Girls Classic League Board of Directors.

These notes are further down the page, but seem serious...

The WE WILL DECIDE NOTE: If a dispute arises over who has the right to a Bye, the LHGCL Executive Board will determine whether a Bye exists in that particular situation and which team/club will receive the Bye. There is no further appeal allowed on this decision.

The DON'T SCREW WITH US ON THIS NOTE: Coaches found guilty of intentional manipulation of this rule for purposes of retaining their Bye will be dealt with severely, up to and including suspension from LHGCL for no less than 1 year."

The way I read it is this: An ECNL team COULD retain their spot ONLY if they played in the league, and according to numerous posters here, that would
1) be complete overkill as far as soccer goes, it would
2) defeat the purpose of joining an ECNL team, and it would
3) create scheduling conflicts that would not likely be honored nor in the best interest of LH to honor because LH would have to schedule teams around their ECNL games...
My belief is that an ECNL club would be ridiculously ignorant to jeopardize their relationship with LH over a bye for a team that didn't earn their way into D1 anyway.
Posters here can attest to the fact that I have been looking for the crack in the armor here to see what COULD actually happen (to some annoyingly so), but I have come to see the light, and any way I count it, there will be 5 teams leaving for ECNL thus opening 5 holes to be filled by the promotion of the teams in the lower divisions, and the ensuing shuffle will start.
My true interest at this point is the expanding rosters and different amalgamations that will occur as those ladies and teams who are NOT a part of ECNL reform.
Best Regards,
(How'd I do Packrabbit??)
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 22/04/13, 09:13 am

Nicely done Dad! Very Happy
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by Straight Shooter 23/04/13, 05:03 pm

Straight Shooter wrote:

Division I 2013-2014
Sting Rezaie
Sting West Richardson
Sting Harr
Solar Chelsea Canevari
Andromeda FC
Sting North Garrett
Lady Aztecs

Division II 2013-2014
Sting Central Parker
FC Dallas Youth Premier
Dallas Texans Red
D’Feeters Patulea
Solar Gold
Mustangs Navy

Division III 2013-2014

Flash
Solar Chelsea White
Meja United

Possible QT Contenders

WF Xpress
Avalanche
DTxn FTW
Sporting FC Red
Fever United
AFC Black

Gunners
FC Dallas Red
FC Dallas West Gold
Genesis Elite
Texas Lonestars
Solar Chelsea Blue

FWFC Forth Worth White
Abilene ASC
Cyclones

Waco Stars
Arsenal
International FC
Texas Blast

New Teams? cheers ?

I think QT will be a dog fight this year even with the 5 potential openings in LH. There are at least 9 obvious contenders and maybe 2 to 3 other mystery teams that will feel like they are ready to take that next step.

Oh Yeah I almost forgot LP Keegan. They have been playing up in Arlington. I'm sure they will be go
od to go.

Straight Shooter
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down