North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
+27790324557 MEET A PROFESSIONA PSYCHIC, SPIRITUAL HEALER ON28/12/23, 07:07 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557STRONG LOVE SPELLS FOR RELATIONSHIPS AND LOVE WH28/12/23, 06:58 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557WE ARE THE ILLUMINATI, REGISTER AS A NEW MEMBER 28/12/23, 06:53 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557THIS IS THE ILLUMINATI JOINING POINT 28/12/23, 06:46 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557 THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US28/12/23, 06:37 amkawayidamirrows
THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US ONLINE IS+277928/12/23, 06:28 amkawayidamirrows
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Club Pass Player Rule Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Kewb11

Our users have posted a total of 205165 messages in 31955 subjects

Club Pass Player Rule

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Club Pass Player Rule Empty Club Pass Player Rule

Post by herradura 29/07/13, 09:11 am

Passed by Lake Highlands: This should make things "interesting" next season... Get ready for some stacked games in D1...

Competitive teams will be permitted to have club pass players for league and/or tournament games if specifically allowed by the league or tournament rules. The use of club pass players shall be in accordance with the following.

-The club pass player must be a competitive player registered with NTSSA to another team within the same club
-The club pass player may NOT play down from their own age group
-A release from the team to which the player is rostered is not required. It is up to the club to manage any issues within their teams/parents/coach relating to club pass player
-Club pass player may practice with the team to which they are scheduled to player pass
-The team and club pass player must follow the rules of the competition, including but not limitted to total numbers of club pass players allowedper game and/or the number of teams with which a player may compete in a day, week, or event.

Thats it in a nut shell. NTSSA said it's OK to do it and each league or tournament can make their own rules on how its used.
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Location : At counseling "talking through" the desire to instigate forum drama

Back to top Go down

Club Pass Player Rule Empty Re: Club Pass Player Rule

Post by Erod 29/07/13, 09:22 am

I see this as a tool that will be used more for ECNL/LHGCL games in the older groups, or for kids that want to play up and in their own age group.

Surely, this isn't going to allow club teams within the same age group at the 03 to swap players randomly. That would tick off a LOT of a parents. Might even run kids back to the independent clubs.

Erod
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 29/07/13, 09:28 am

Looks like Solar '02 and '03 has the most to gain from this.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Erod 29/07/13, 09:37 am

soccerdad1969 wrote:Looks like Solar '02 and '03 has the most to gain from this.

The 02s for sure. The 03 team can beat any of the Solar 02 teams.

Erod
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 29/07/13, 10:31 am

OK, so you do not think marrying key players from FCD Premier with FCD Gold or Sting Hilton with Sting 03 or DT with DTS or what about LP Elite and LP Barnes is going to help in critical games or tournaments?

Open your eyes... this changes everything... Players can play wherever in as long as it is in their club.
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 29/07/13, 10:35 am

herradura wrote:OK, so you do not think marrying key players from FCD Premier with FCD Gold or Sting Hilton with Sting 03 or DT with DTS or what about LP Elite and LP Barnes is going to help in critical games or tournaments?

Open your eyes... this changes everything... Players can play wherever in as long as it is in their club.
I've already spoke my frustration on the other player pass thread today. It basically takes select soccer back to the guest player academy system which has frustrated a lot of posters, big and small club alike. I keep hearing that LHGCL will only allow players to play up, but this still definitely gives the big club a bigger advantage than they already have.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Erod 29/07/13, 10:36 am

herradura wrote:OK, so you do not think marrying key players from FCD Premier with FCD Gold or Sting Hilton with Sting 03 or DT with DTS or what about LP Elite and LP Barnes is going to help in critical games or tournaments?

True, but that will create tremendous inter-squad drama. I think this could benefit the independent clubs (after ECNL has kicked them around mercilessly).

And it ruins the fun for the kids, who truly don't give much of a rip about any of this. They just want to play good soccer with their friends, not a bunch of renegade mercenaries they've never met.

Erod
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 29/07/13, 10:39 am

soccerdad1969 wrote:

I've already spoke my frustration on the other player pass thread today. It basically takes select soccer back to the guest player academy system which has frustrated a lot of posters, big and small club alike. I keep hearing that LHGCL will only allow players to play up, but this still definitely gives the big club a bigger advantage than they already have.

Up only? I don't know about that. It is similar to what is currently going on with ECNL players being inserted into critical D1 games by the club, just at a younger age group... Of course the rules have not been published as of yet, but I am sure the next board meeting will be enlightening...

It does give huge advantages to the bigger clubs.
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 29/07/13, 10:43 am

I might have missed it but does it give any idication as to how many games in a weekend you will be able to play in the league? I can't imagine LH's signing off on something that would allow you to play for more than one team on any given weekend in the same age group in the same division. Now I can see them saying they don't care which team inside your club they are playing for but even then I find it hard to believe that coaches are going to willingly give up players to another team. Let's say FCD Premier is playing SRSA and they want to take the top forward and midfielder from FCD Gold to play, but yet FCD Gold is playing Sting G that weekend, does anyone really think Gold is going to sign off on that deal or vice versa?

Also, just because you are in the same club doesn't mean the teams play the same style of soccer. What advantage would it be to add a really talented player from a kick and run team to a team that plays possesion style?

I only see this being used where girls are wanting to play up and then also come back and play with there own team as well. SRSA's top few players are the perfect example.

I just don't see there being much stacking of LH 03 games this year. Now if they allow kids to play on multiple teams in the same division on the same weekend then yes I can see that leading to some stacking, but I can also see that leading to some pissed off parents and ultimately it being bad for business.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by HotShot36 29/07/13, 10:49 am

I would agree with the fact that inter-squad drama would skyrocket if they allow players to move around within their age bracket. I can't see anything frustrating a parent more than dropping $2500-$3000 to a club then having them tell you your DD won't be playing in this tournament or game. Hopefully, it is just for allowing players to play up. Unfortunately though, I can see it happening with the win at all cost mentality most have.
HotShot36
HotShot36
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Erod 29/07/13, 10:53 am

HotShot36 wrote:I would agree with the fact that inter-squad drama would skyrocket if they allow players to move around within their age bracket. I can't see anything frustrating a parent more than dropping $2500-$3000 to a club then having them tell you your DD won't be playing in this tournament or game. Hopefully, it is just for allowing players to play up. Unfortunately though, I can see it happening with the win at all cost mentality most have.

It happens at State Cup big time, and yes, it causes drama.

But in league play, it could cost a club revenue, because players very likely would bail.

I agree this is primarily for players playing up. The whole SRSA team should play up for that matter.

Erod
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 29/07/13, 10:55 am

It will be interesting to see how LH implements this, but if their are no restrictions, it basically takes select a step back to the academy system. As far as it ticking parents off who's DD's playing time might be affected, a quick look to academy forums will show that it doesn't matter. It might be worse due to being locked into a year long contract.

Speaking of contracts, why even have the teams name on the form? Just having the club name sounds sufficient now.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by herradura 29/07/13, 11:05 am

Erod wrote:
HotShot36 wrote:I would agree with the fact that inter-squad drama would skyrocket if they allow players to move around within their age bracket. I can't see anything frustrating a parent more than dropping $2500-$3000 to a club then having them tell you your DD won't be playing in this tournament or game. Hopefully, it is just for allowing players to play up. Unfortunately though, I can see it happening with the win at all cost mentality most have.

But in league play, it could cost a club revenue, because players very likely would bail.

I agree this is primarily for players playing up.  The whole SRSA team should play up for that matter.  

And why wouldn't 02 players bail if an 03 came and took their spot for key league games / tournaments?
herradura
herradura
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Curious 29/07/13, 11:13 am

if it happens at my DD club, I will be getting out of my contract

The contract reads that we signed with this team along with the other 15 players, not the other 10+ from our club

We would be looking to move to a smaller club quickly

Just Curious
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 29/07/13, 11:28 am

Just Curious wrote:if it happens at my DD club, I will be getting out of my contract

The contract reads that we signed with this team along with the other 15 players, not the other 10+ from our club

One does not simply, get out of their contract. I'm not saying it isn't possible, but expect a headache of monumental proportions. Also, teams add and subtract players all the time during the year, well, maybe not all the time, but some times - also they can swap your coaches and do whatever they want to you - you are basically committed to the club on that squad for a year unless you want to sit out or play rec.
Blank77
Blank77
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Erod 29/07/13, 11:38 am

herradura wrote:
Erod wrote:

I agree this is primarily for players playing up.  The whole SRSA team should play up for that matter.  

And why wouldn't 02 players bail if an 03 came and took their spot for key league games / tournaments?

I think some would for sure. It's not good business when you think about it.

Erod
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Adi-dazzler 29/07/13, 11:42 am

Just Curious wrote:if it happens at my DD club, I will be getting out of my contract

Doesn't the contract read that you've signed with the club, not the team / coach......
Adi-dazzler
Adi-dazzler
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 29/07/13, 11:43 am

Erod wrote:
herradura wrote:
Erod wrote:

I think some would for sure.  It's not good business when you think about it.

Lots of club soccer is bad business, but it doesn't seem to change the fact that it works. If the benefit of winning a game outweighs the negativity for 1 or 2 lower tier players - they will do it. Someone will be there to take the spots of the kids who leave - especially if the rule is used to make the team better.
Blank77
Blank77

Back to top Go down

Post by InaB 29/07/13, 12:04 pm

herradura wrote:
Erod wrote:

And why wouldn't 02 players bail if an 03 came and took their spot for key league games / tournaments?[/quote]

Possibly because of this part of the rule "The club pass player may NOT play down from their own age group"
InaB
InaB

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 29/07/13, 12:07 pm

InaB wrote:
herradura wrote:
Erod wrote:

And why wouldn't 02 players bail if an 03 came and took their spot for key league games / tournaments?[/quote]

Possibly because of this part of the rule "The club pass player may NOT play down from their own age group"
This just means they can't play down a year. According to the rules, the 2 studs from SRSA will be able to play up, meaning less PT for two '02s.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 29/07/13, 12:09 pm

Two 02s that signed a contract and have to deal with it - or maybe, the club would let those two 02s play down on a lower level 02 team?

Maybe we just have fluid rosters and any club players can play in any club game at any time - we can call it academy!
Blank77
Blank77

Back to top Go down

Post by Adi-dazzler 29/07/13, 12:14 pm

soccerdad1969 wrote:
InaB wrote:
herradura wrote:
Erod wrote:

This just means they can't play down a year. According to the rules, the 2 studs from SRSA will be able to play up, meaning less PT for two '02s.

Sorry...is this rec or COMPETITIVE? Playing time conversation doesn't fly when you're talking about that standard of team?
Adi-dazzler
Adi-dazzler
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 29/07/13, 12:23 pm

Adi-dazzler wrote:
soccerdad1969 wrote:
InaB wrote:
herradura wrote:
Erod wrote:

Sorry...is this rec or COMPETITIVE?  Playing time conversation doesn't fly when you're talking about that standard of team?
So do the parents of the 9th or 10th best player of the original team need to look at how their DD stacks up against EVERY girl on EVERY team the same age from the club, or even a year younger, before determining if it is worth it to hand over the $3k check?

Come to think of it, after a couple years of this, parents may have their DD's sign with lower ranked team to guarantee playing time while also allowing them to play up with the better teams since the new rules allow it.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by pro16 29/07/13, 12:58 pm

Hope everyone realizes this has not been passed/approved by LHGCL. This is simply the NTSSA info.

pro16
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by anothercrazysoccerdad 17/08/13, 01:06 pm

pro16 wrote:Hope everyone realizes this has not been passed/approved by LHGCL. This is simply the NTSSA info.
So...what happened at the LHGCL meeting this week concerning this player pass rule? Lots of talk before the meeting, nothing since the meeting?

anothercrazysoccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next