North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

LHGL Updated Player Pass Rule Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

LHGL Updated Player Pass Rule

Go down

LHGL Updated Player Pass Rule Empty LHGL Updated Player Pass Rule

Post by InaB 17/08/15, 10:04 am

In advance of the start of the fall season, LHGL has updated or redefined its Player Pass Rule as follows:

Club Pass Players
The LHGCL board of directors believes that the rule was incorporated in order to fulfill two basic needs:
• Foster the development of players by allowing them to participate within their own club at a higher level of competition without the commitment of a roster transfer.
• To assist teams that may be short sided due to injury, illness, or other commitments.

1. A “Club Pass Player” is defined as a Player that meets all of the following conditions:
a. The Club Pass Player shall be a North Texas State Soccer Association (“NTSSA”) Registered Competitive Player;
b.
b. The Club Pass Player shall be a member of a NTSSA Competitive Club.

3. A Club Pass Player may play regular season League games for other teams within their Club (referred to as “Receiving Teams” herein) under all of the following restrictions:

a. A Club Pass Player may not “play down” for a team in a younger age group (e.g., an under-15 Club Pass Player may not play on an under-14 Receiving Team);

b. A Club Pass Player may appear on one and only one Game Day Roster on a given day;

4. A Receiving Team may include Club Pass Players on their Game Day Rosters for League games under all of the following restrictions:

a. A Receiving Team (U11 – U17) may include a maximum of 3 Club Pass Players on a single Game Day Roster and must comply with their Game Day Roster limit; Should the addition of Club Pass Player(s) cause the Receiving Team to exceed their Game Day Roster maximum, the Receiving Team must remove the appropriate number of their rostered Players to comply with the Receiving Team’s Game Day Roster limit. For example, suppose an under-14 Receiving Team with a Game Day Roster limit of 18 Players has 17 Players on its roster. If a request is approved for 3 Club Player Pass Players to play for that Receiving Team on a given day, then the Receiving Team must remove at least 2 of its rostered Players from their Game Day Roster to accommodate the 3 Club Pass players and to comply with their Game Day Roster limit of 18 Players. Rostered Players that are removed from the Game Day Roster for this reason may sit on the bench, but may not be dressed in their game uniform.

b. A Receiving team (U11-U17) may include only 1 “division down” Club Pass Player on their Game Day Roster. A “division down” player is defined as one who is rostered to a LHGCL team within the same age group or older age group and from a higher division than that of the Receiving Team. For example, a Receiving Team from U13 Division II may add no more than 1 player to the Game Day Roster from a U13 Division I team.

c. In the final three League games of the Soccer Year (U11 – U17), A Receiving Team may include 1 Club Pass Player on their Game Day Roster. Should the addition of Club Pass Player(s) cause the Receiving Team to exceed their Game Day Roster maximum, the Receiving Team must remove the appropriate number of their rostered Players to comply with the Receiving Team’s Game Day Roster limit.

d. For U19 only, a Receiving Team may include 5 Club Pass Players on their Game Day Roster, and without regard to whether the Player is playing "division up" or "division down".. Should the addition of Club Pass Player(s) cause the Receiving Team to exceed their Game Day Roster maximum, the Receiving Team must remove the appropriate number of their rostered Players to comply with the Receiving Team’s Game Day Roster limit. The 5 player limit will be applicable to all U19 league games and all U19 league playoff games.

e. A Receiving Team may include Club Pass Players on their Game Day Roster if the Receiving Team submits the Club Pass Player request on or before the posted deadline. All instructions and deadlines for Club Pass Player Requests can be found at www.girlsclassicleague.com. The Receiving Team must follow all rules with regard to uniforms (i.e., no duplicate numbers. Refer to LHGCL rules section IV paragraph J)

The Club Pass Player is not required to have a North Texas State Soccer Association Release from their Rostered Team. It is up to the Club to mediate any issues amongst their teams/parents/coaches relating to Club Pass Players.

The LHGCL Board of Directors reserves the right to determine the eligibility of any Club Pass Player.

Any coach/team utilizing a Club Pass Player outside of these rules will be considered to have played and Ineligible Player and will be subject to sanctions/discipline under the rules governing use of an Ineligible Player.

So, does this answer most of the questions that had been raised earlier this year?
InaB
InaB
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

LHGL Updated Player Pass Rule Empty Re: LHGL Updated Player Pass Rule

Post by Packrabbit 19/08/15, 10:54 pm

InaB,
Thanks for the update!
Can expand or interpret the rule further...

1. The board enumerated basic need of  'development of players ...at higher level of competition" seems to be inconsistent was one "1 down player".  Can one assume playing one player down would fulfill the injury need?

If not player development or excessive injuries, does the following apply?

2.  Can a club still move players around the same division to influence standings, promotion and relegation?

3. Instead of benching healthy players, the club now has to remove them from the game day roster?

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Barca 20/08/15, 07:20 am

Packrabbit wrote:
3. Instead of benching healthy players, the club now has to remove them from the game day roster?
Removing them from the roster is not new. I believe the new piece is that the non playing players will not be able to dress out. This is where the rubber meets the road especially if the sitting dd is healthy and this is an avoiding relegation type decision by the coach.
Barca
Barca
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 20/08/15, 05:16 pm

They also don't address whether using ecnl players is playing "down" which means of course that it isn't in the eyes of LH. So 2 ecnl and 1 from intra division is ok.

Hopefully, the majority of league games are scheduled on the same day which will Dribble decisions.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 20/08/15, 06:41 pm

Dad, you are incorrect in your assumption.

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 20/08/15, 06:52 pm

Just dual roster your ecnl players to lower division teams and CCP them up. That was easy!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 20/08/15, 06:53 pm

They are not going to play many games with their LH team anyway!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 20/08/15, 11:07 pm

backofthenet wrote:Dad, you are incorrect in your assumption.

Please elaborate...what assumption is incorrect?
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 21/08/15, 06:40 am

...that ecnl will be overlooked. For CPP purposes ECNL will be considered a higher division or league unless the player is on the NTX Roster for LHGCL. That is my understanding as it pertains to usage of ECNL players.

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 21/08/15, 07:41 am

backofthenet wrote:...that ecnl will be overlooked. For CPP purposes ECNL will be considered a higher division or league unless the player is on the NTX Roster for LHGCL. That is my understanding as it pertains to usage of ECNL players.

I was hoping you would say that... I made several assumptions and hoped that one would be your sticking point. However, their own rule never mentions a player not on another Lake Highlands roster. The real becomes much more palatable if they consider ECNL players that way.

What about intra-division passes?
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/08/15, 07:46 am

This what the rule says about "division down" players.

A Receiving team (U11-U17) may include only 1 “division down” Club Pass Player on their Game Day Roster. A “division down” player is defined as one who is rostered to a LHGCL team within the same age group or older age group and from a higher division than that of the Receiving Team. For example, a Receiving Team from U13 Division II may add no more than 1 player to the Game Day Roster from a U13 Division I team.

Nowhere in the CPP rules do the words ELITE CLUB NATIONAL LEAGUE or the acronym ECNL appear. It is completely overlooked/ignored.

My experience over the last 1 1/2 years of CPP's in LH is that anything that is not specifically prohibited, is allowed. After reading the rule a half dozen times and based on my personal experience which spans the entire life of the CPP rule, I have to ask,   
how did you arrive at your understanding?    Because the rule doesn't classify ECNL at all.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but I am saying that the rule DOES NOT classify ECNL players as "division down" players.  The rule doesn't acknowledge that ECNL players exist at all. So how'd you arrive at your understanding?

Back to top Go down

Post by backofthenet 21/08/15, 07:51 am

Just my take on what I've been hearing.

Lateral moves, Dad? 3.

backofthenet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 21/08/15, 12:00 pm

With 7 sting teams in d1 and 3 solar teams (2, we won't do it I don't think). You could face other players from in the division constantly. Especially if schedules have teams on different days...that was another assumption of mine.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down