North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

07 Match Scores - 9/14 and 9/15 - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

07 Match Scores - 9/14 and 9/15

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

07 Match Scores - 9/14 and 9/15 - Page 3 Empty Re: 07 Match Scores - 9/14 and 9/15

Post by 007shaken 16/09/13, 01:19 pm

Borussia wrote:FC Xtreme in SDL is an 06 squad.  All were roster checked last weekend. haha

On Sting Central I am trying to verify for FBR purposes... they better not have any of those Sting Central Diaz players playing down over there.. pirat 
I thought the league might have mislabeled FCX. Curious what you find out on Sting C. I know Jack was trying to pull together an '07 squad.

007shaken
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

07 Match Scores - 9/14 and 9/15 - Page 3 Empty Re: 07 Match Scores - 9/14 and 9/15

Post by Gunner9 16/09/13, 01:30 pm

bigtex wrote:By the way as it relates to scores…I will not be posting scores for Dallas Rush Dynamo 07 win or lose.  Others are welcome to.  I just don’t believe in doing that at this age and I think (in general) it has little value. To me at this age it is ALL about development and if score become the focus for parents/coaches then all is lost (IMHO).

Also, if the primary goal is development, does scores really indicate which team was most successful in meeting that objective? You would have to watch the game to know that (i.e. which coach moved the girls around to various positions, which coach worked on developmental concepts, which coach just played it through their best players to win).  

The time will come when winning will be much more important, but it is not now.  There is a pendulum between development and results and I believe it is important to keep that pendulum leaning toward development as long as possible.  

Again this just MHO….when the time comes to start FBR- I guess I will PM the results.  But how much meaning could FBR have right now and more importantly how much meaning should it have right now?  Just my 2 cents and to explain why I am not posting our results.
Agreed that an overemphasis on scores can skew the perception of parents. However, I like to see scores precisely FOR the cause of development not counter to it.

With so many teams in different stages of formation, varying roster sizes and the leagues having different field/goal sizes, etc., scores help a little bit in determining where you want to play your kids. Certainly not a foolproof method, but scores will give you a bit of an indication about the relative strength of teams. Nobody wants to play in a league where you are either crushing everybody every week or being crushed.

TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 16/09/13, 01:34 pm

Borussia wrote:I have never played anything other than FIFA since EA rolled it out...  Give me some Pros on PES and I may pick it up.  
The defensive ai is much more realistic and varies from team to team like in real life. In FIFA the CPU just pressures you constantly at 100 mph so you can feint your way up the field until you hit a through ball and get a 1v1 every time.

You have to build up with passing, including having to drop the ball back to your defense unlike FIFA where forward and outside diagonal options are always open even on world class level. FIFA is designed so that young kids can score a lot of goals by playing a direct route and button-mash on crosses and corners and hit multiple 30-yard goals a game.

The CPU on FIFA doesn't make errors in possession and without you over-pressuring, they never make a wayward pass and even on amature level, the forwards hit the target from 95% of their shots! it's just a case of your gk saving them. The refs never make wrong calls and the CPU almost never commits a foul. In PES, the randomness element of the officials and players making a mistake are there.

In PES, game to game, players perform differently rather than just the fatigue element affecting them like in FIFA. The mentality addition in PES affects players who have made a lot of shots and missed or are on a scoring streak, defenders who have lost the ball etc. play aggressively and the other team will sometimes respond that way. If you keep trying to target a specific player they will sometimes react with harsh challenges or the CPU team will start diving in trying to retaliate.

I've played FIFA and PES every year for about the last 12 years (and FIFA right back to the first version on the sega genesis system). PES/winning eleven was best until about 2009 then FIFA took over until last year. This years FIFA hasn't evolved.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

http://www.thewolfandtheshepherd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/09/13, 01:45 pm

Damn man, I may have to recondsider my yearly ritual... Im looking into this one now. Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/09/13, 01:46 pm

Gunner9 wrote:
bigtex wrote:By the way as it relates to scores…I will not be posting scores for Dallas Rush Dynamo 07 win or lose.  Others are welcome to.  I just don’t believe in doing that at this age and I think (in general) it has little value. To me at this age it is ALL about development and if score become the focus for parents/coaches then all is lost (IMHO).

Also, if the primary goal is development, does scores really indicate which team was most successful in meeting that objective? You would have to watch the game to know that (i.e. which coach moved the girls around to various positions, which coach worked on developmental concepts, which coach just played it through their best players to win).  

The time will come when winning will be much more important, but it is not now.  There is a pendulum between development and results and I believe it is important to keep that pendulum leaning toward development as long as possible.  

Again this just MHO….when the time comes to start FBR- I guess I will PM the results.  But how much meaning could FBR have right now and more importantly how much meaning should it have right now?  Just my 2 cents and to explain why I am not posting our results.
Agreed that an overemphasis on scores can skew the perception of parents.  However, I like to see scores precisely FOR the cause of development not counter to it.  

With so many teams in different stages of formation, varying roster sizes and the leagues having different field/goal sizes, etc., scores help a little bit in determining where you want to play your kids.  Certainly not a foolproof method, but scores will give you a bit of an indication about the relative strength of teams.  Nobody wants to play in a league where you are either crushing everybody every week or being crushed.
And I get that and understand that perspective. Knowing opponents scores helped me better prepare for games when I coached - so I fully appreciate there is a legitimate reason to know the scores. Unfortunately, I think a lot of people look at scores for other purposes and IMO parents put WAY too much emphasis on scores at this age which in turn leads to poor developmental decisions by coaches. This becomes a vicious cycle I do not wish to perpetuate at this age. Most coaches looking for scores for the purposes you described know how to find them (i.e. our PSA scores) or know which coaches to talk to better understand what the quality of play in a given league (i.e. UAL).

Back to top Go down

Post by planogirl 19/09/13, 02:49 pm

Applause to you bigtex !

We watched a few games of a team last spring that they seldom moved around positions. I kept wondering how could these parents tolerate this?

Sacrafice their daughters' development just for a top team at this age is stupid.

planogirl
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/09/13, 03:44 pm

planogirl wrote:Applause to you bigtex !

We watched a few games of a team last spring that they seldom moved around positions. I kept wondering how could these parents tolerate this?

Sacrafice their daughters' development just for a top team at this age is stupid.

[/quote]

Thanks Planogirl for the support- I think everybody is passionate about the girls- just difference in perspective and reasonable people can disagree.

By the way did you ever find a home for your 07- I know you were looking? Sounds like you are looking for the right things- so I am sure it will end up being a good move whatever you pick.

Back to top Go down

Post by planogirl 19/09/13, 03:51 pm

Yes, we found one. She is not as good as yours, but I am following yours now. Laughing  Thanks a lot.

[/quote]
Thanks Planogirl for the support- I think everybody is passionate about the girls- just difference in perspective and reasonable people can disagree.

By the way did you ever find a home for your 07- I know you were looking?  Sounds like you are looking for the right things- so I am sure it will end up being a good move whatever you pick.  
[/quote]

planogirl
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by futbollove 19/09/13, 05:50 pm

bigeric2 wrote:All this thread needs is the guy with the rockin Miley Cyrus avatar to bless it now... Oh, and some other game scores
(Why do I have a feeling the 07 division is going to be quite entertaining here now??)
Sorry, took me a while to read all of funtowatch's rambling. Couldn't stop laughing!!
futbollove
futbollove
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3