North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Money gram aka funky stink park.. - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Money gram aka funky stink park..

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Money gram aka funky stink park.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Money gram aka funky stink park..

Post by Coach 21/07/14, 11:09 am

Cobra_Kai wrote:I have been several times and didn't notice a smell.  

The fields are crowned and elevated.  I heard that water drains down hill, but I don't know for sure.  I'm not a genius.

Crowned and elevated for drainage are one thing. Playing on the side of a mountain is another.

Fields were in good shape and I did not notice a smell.

Coach
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Money gram aka funky stink park.. - Page 2 Empty Re: Money gram aka funky stink park..

Post by oldboot 21/07/14, 11:14 am

Field #17 is my favorite too.  It really encourages lateral ball movement, which is a great development tool for the younger players.

Money gram aka funky stink park.. - Page 2 11861-stock-photo-sky-soccer-field-crazy-hill

#17 is almost as good as field #3 over by Lake Lewisville:

Money gram aka funky stink park.. - Page 2 62252346_c87b9a99f5
oldboot
oldboot
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/07/14, 11:37 am

My concern has always been the parking lots? Were they mud pits on Friday?

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 21/07/14, 11:40 am

Coach wrote:
Cobra_Kai wrote:I have been several times and didn't notice a smell.  

The fields are crowned and elevated.  I heard that water drains down hill, but I don't know for sure.  I'm not a genius.

Crowned and elevated for drainage are one thing. Playing on the side of a mountain is another.

Fields were in good shape and I did not notice a smell.

Playing off the side of a man made land fill!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 21/07/14, 11:41 am

Hey, got some of the best fertilizer already available.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 21/07/14, 11:41 am

It just sometimes makes its way to the top.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/07/14, 11:48 am

Maybe it was The Lodge shift change you were smelling.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 21/07/14, 11:49 am

lol old news. Dallas cup had a great event using the fields with rave reviews. Boys CL moving over and fcd teams practicing there. Some people keep singing the same old tiring song and nobody cares. You are not dribble to submit your kids to moneygram park. You can always chose not to pay your money to go. Biggest real complaint? Needs more entrances and exits. Second biggest? pave the parking lots. Fields were outstanding and with FCD actually maintaining them they should stay that way.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/07/14, 11:55 am

go99 wrote:lol old news.  Dallas cup had a great event using the fields with rave reviews. Boys CL moving over and fcd teams practicing there.  Some people keep singing the same old tiring song and nobody cares.  You are not dribble to submit your kids to moneygram park.  You can always chose not to pay your money to go.  Biggest real complaint?  Needs more entrances and exits.  Second biggest? pave the parking lots.  Fields were outstanding and with FCD actually maintaining them they should stay that way.

i see the great excuse maker has arrived.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/07/14, 11:56 am

So where should they be playing?

You have some land to donate?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/07/14, 11:58 am

Borussia wrote:So where should they be playing?

You have some land to donate?

lol, how about someplace that wasnt a landfill in its previous life, i think the bar is pretty low...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/07/14, 11:59 am

This is truly a first world problem.  The fields are incredible and a great asset for our area.  

Some people would complain about winning a 100million dollar lottery because they have to pay 45 million in taxes.  Never can make some people happy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/07/14, 12:03 pm

Unicorns wrote:This is truly a first world problem.  The fields are incredible and a great asset for our area.  

Some people would complain about winning a 100million dollar lottery because they have to pay 45 million in taxes.  Never can make some people happy.

yawn, a first world problem, love that smug line. we have first world problems because we are a civilized country, you can go live in the third world if it makes you feel better. now for those of us who think things can and should be better there are many places dallas could have put this instead of a landfill. i also would ask why you think its ok for the govt to eat up 45 million of your money but thats a different forum.

it was funky out there at 75 degrees and cloudy, wait til it bakes at 100 degrees...

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 21/07/14, 12:10 pm

well thats the thing about excuse. You don't need them when you are right. Moneygram has been a success and you are still whiny, bitter, and spending your money to play there. Have fun at the next event.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/07/14, 12:11 pm

go99 wrote:well thats the thing about excuse.  You don't need them when you are right.  Moneygram has been a success and you are still whiny, bitter, and spending your money to play there.  Have fun at the next event.

tell us again how richland and the cottonbowl are world class venues for the dallas cup, that was a classic... Razz Razz 

Last edited by silentparent on 21/07/14, 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/07/14, 12:11 pm

Ive got it, your wallet is probably fat So lets jack the fees even HIGHER at all leagues and all the clubs and then they could pick and choose where to play the games on beautifully manicured and sweet smelling parks.

Every sideline equiped with misters for the fans and players. Cushioned seats. Shaded bleachers... Valet parking, etc...

Anyone else have some wants for the new dream park??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/07/14, 12:13 pm

Borussia wrote:Ive got it, your wallet is probably fat So lets jack the fees even HIGHER at all leagues and all the clubs and then they could pick and choose where to play the games on beautifully manicured and sweet smelling parks.  

Every sideline equiped with misters for the fans and players. Cushioned seats. Shaded bleachers... Valet parking, etc...

Anyone else have some wants for the new dream park??

yep, not playing on a landfill makes it a dream park....lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/07/14, 12:18 pm

Love the ones that can offer nothing constructive.

I take it next time there is a tourney there your DD will just stay home. The list of tournaments being held there is growing.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 21/07/14, 12:19 pm

silentparent wrote:
go99 wrote:well thats the thing about excuse.  You don't need them when you are right.  Moneygram has been a success and you are still whiny, bitter, and spending your money to play there.  Have fun at the next event.

tell us again how richland and the cottonbowl are world class venues for the dallas cup, that was a classic... Razz Razz 

Dallas cup was a success and the kids from the german team we hosted absolutely loved moneygram. But yes you will cry all year about it and still show up to the next one. In fact if there weren't people on here telling you how silly you are there would be nobody on this thread. Guess what? Nobody cares, you are still a bitter man on a lonley island. Look forward to hearing you compain next year for Dallas cup
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/07/14, 12:20 pm

Borussia wrote:Love the ones that can offer nothing constructive.  

I take it next time there is a tourney there your DD will just stay home.  The list of tournaments being held there is growing.  

lol, and i love the ones who make excuses for candy covered turds, we have played all over and will play unfortunately at the landfill known as moneygram, thats soccer..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/07/14, 12:21 pm

go99 wrote:
silentparent wrote:

Dallas cup was a success and the kids from the german team we hosted absolutely loved moneygram.  But yes you will cry all year about it and still show up to the next one.  In fact if there weren't people on here telling you how silly you are there would be nobody on this thread.  Guess what? Nobody cares, you are still a bitter man on a lonley island.  Look forward to hearing you compain next year for Dallas cup

c'mon go99, tell us AGAIN how if the teams didnt like richland and the cotton bowl,they could just stay home. fortunately better people than you make those decisions...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/07/14, 12:26 pm

No excuse making, i may just not be country club like yourself. I come from somewhere that kids dream of playing on fields like we have.

You dont like it stay home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/07/14, 12:28 pm

Borussia wrote:No excuse making, i may just not be country club like yourself.  I come from somewhere that kids dream of playing on fields like we have.  

maybe thats the difference, i think that landfills are not places to dream of for children to play. if you think that makes me country club, thats just damn funny...

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 21/07/14, 12:31 pm

silentparent wrote:
go99 wrote:
silentparent wrote:

Dallas cup was a success and the kids from the german team we hosted absolutely loved moneygram.  But yes you will cry all year about it and still show up to the next one.  In fact if there weren't people on here telling you how silly you are there would be nobody on this thread.  Guess what? Nobody cares, you are still a bitter man on a lonley island.  Look forward to hearing you compain next year for Dallas cup

c'mon go99, tell us AGAIN how if the teams  didnt like richland and the cotton bowl,they could just stay home. fortunately better people than you make those decisions...

Yes better people than me AND YOU decided that they would be playing at moneygram and the cotton bowl and richland. By the looks of thing they are more like me that you. Good luck with your one man crusade. You should carry a picket sign at the next event so people can still not give a sh!t
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/07/14, 12:33 pm

go99 wrote:
silentparent wrote:
go99 wrote:
silentparent wrote:

c'mon go99, tell us AGAIN how if the teams  didnt like richland and the cotton bowl,they could just stay home. fortunately better people than you make those decisions...

Yes better people than me AND YOU decided that they would be playing at moneygram and the cotton bowl and richland.  By the looks of thing they are more like me that you.  Good luck with your one man crusade.  You should carry a picket sign at the next event so people can still not give a sh!t

yep, your like or lump attitude was rejected by the dallas cup because they have some sense. lol, i say again tell everyone again your if they don't like it screw them perspective. Your recipe for mediocrity was rejected and rightly so

Last edited by silentparent on 21/07/14, 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 21/07/14, 12:33 pm

Borussia wrote:No excuse making, i may just not be country club like yourself.  I come from somewhere that kids dream of playing on fields like we have.  

You mean like Los Rios CC? You know the one - just on the other side of the solid waste facility from DSP...
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next