North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Money gram aka funky stink park.. - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Money gram aka funky stink park..

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Money gram aka funky stink park.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Money gram aka funky stink park..

Post by twotone 22/07/14, 02:31 am

PickAwinner wrote:Yes, the park stunk on Friday.  But, (no pun intended) what I thought stunk more was having a large hill next to the fields on the west side.  The girls must have chased the ball down that hill 30 times in the two games we played there.  Install a small fence or something to stop the ball from rolling.

this is funny to me. maybe teams could get better and keep the ball in play so nobody has to chase it. growing up in the hood there was a basketball court next a nasty creek that was down a cliff. we all knew that you better not miss a shot so bad that the ball bounced down the cliff and into the creek cuz your butt was the one that was gonna risk your life to get somebody his ball back. That stood for blocking shots, missed passes, and slamming the ball cuz you was mad about something stupid.

but you know what..... the game was more controlled and the kids became better players cuz nobody wanted to lose that ball and chase it into the death creek.

in soccer we had a "shooter chase" rule. if you kicked the ball all the way out into creation cuz you missed the goal that bad, you better be the one chasing it down and bringing it back so we could train. i'm surprised this doesn't happen more often

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Money gram aka funky stink park.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Money gram aka funky stink park..

Post by JeffM 22/07/14, 12:14 pm

Face it guys, chances of finding the requisite space in a built out environment, for a price most cities can live with outside of the flood plain/funky stink environs is slim and none. Check out what it is taking to do a small park (by soccer standards) in downtown.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metro/20131109-plan-for-long-delayed-pacific-plaza-in-downtown-dallas-to-be-discussed.ece

Although its an outlier, you get the idea of the money & headaches involved. The 'burbs can get just as bad when the cities are trying to out bid developers to get the land. So if you are going to any "soccer complex" south of 190, bring the clothespins and waders. Your sure to need one or both.

Your best hope for a new stink free facility is to convince Farmer Jones to donate his land when he dies, and hope that Celina has the budget to build and maintain the fields (and the roads to get there)

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Hamster 22/07/14, 01:31 pm

We attended games at Moneygrab Park on Friday, Saturday, & Sunday for Tut.  

Friday:  A steady north wind brought a very heavy sewage smell over the whole park.  It was hard to miss.  Pitch and parking were moist, but not muddy.  Cleats did not get clogged.  Fields played well.

Saturday:  Less wind and the sewage smell was very faint.  Pitch and parking were dry.

Sunday:  Hot.  Very light wind from the south and no sewage smell.  Pitch and parking were dry.
Mia Hamster
Mia Hamster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryKay 22/07/14, 02:14 pm

Zizou wrote:Reminds me of the good old days DYSP park

cheers 

MaryKay
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lerchinc 22/07/14, 09:47 pm

All right girls your both pretty. One thing I didnt read about and was kind of confused about....WTH No concession Smile

lerchinc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TripDDs 23/07/14, 07:50 am

You're right, no concessions is confusing. Maybe they figured it what get robbed constantly by people wandering from the liquor stores to the whore houses.
TripDDs
TripDDs
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 23/07/14, 09:27 am

They had a concessions van out there all 3 days.. Took a peek and much better then UTD or Chinn Chappell concessions
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/07/14, 09:30 am

lerchinc wrote:All right girls your both pretty.  One thing I didnt read about and was kind of confused about....WTH No concession Smile

I read that there was supposed to be beer for sale.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/07/14, 09:31 am

soccersounder wrote:They had a concessions van out there all 3 days.. Took a peek and much better then UTD or Chinn Chappell concessions

i think thats actually a good idea.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 23/07/14, 10:16 am

silentparent wrote:
soccersounder wrote:They had a concessions van out there all 3 days.. Took a peek and much better then UTD or Chinn Chappell concessions

i think thats actually a good idea.....

Agree. May make sense at several other facilities as well.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieMaggie 23/07/14, 12:09 pm

There is very little land available in open areas that people will also use. I wouldn't be too sure about fields being built on old cotton fields out in the provinces. They used to use lots of DDT and big gun chemicals on the cotton fields. The only other inner loop venue I can think of is the old Big Town facility. That project is either on hold or more likely scraped. But, I am sure people would have complained about the neighborhood if that park had ever been developed. RR is by a huge landfill and every now and then can be a little "funky". Have no idea if the actual park is on land fill, but wouldn't be surprised? Kind of gross-funny war story. The old Andromeda Training facility is right by a sewage treatment plant. DD and a few other keeps were out there after some heavy rains. They were practicing by the berm and it was a little mucky. You could smell the plant that day and some were reluctant to practice in the "mud". Well, to show them he could take it, their coach got into the "mud" with them. After a short while they realized it wasn't all just "mud". By that time, the pod was truly sweaty stinky and they still finished the practice. They all had a huge laugh, particularly after their coach got into it with them to show them a little "mud" wouldn't hurt. One of the first times not just her glove smell that permiated the car. DD and gear were scrubbed very carefully after that practice and they never went over by the berm again after a heavy rain.  Embarassed 
MaggieMaggie
MaggieMaggie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by lerchinc 23/07/14, 12:33 pm

Actually the only van I saw out there was a slushy van. 100 degree heat might wanna have a drink that isnt a slushy...just saying

lerchinc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Hamster 23/07/14, 01:29 pm

lerchinc wrote:Actually the only van I saw out there was a slushy van.  100 degree heat might wanna have a drink that isnt a slushy...just saying

They had cold bottled water and sports drinks too . . . and they were cheaper than the slushies.
Mia Hamster
Mia Hamster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by meriusrex 25/07/14, 05:32 pm

Sometimes, after a hard day, I just LOVE reading the really pointless rants on here Very Happy 

At the end of the day, Moneygram provides a sizable complex with 19 fields that are in very good playable condition (of course, I prefer UTD...especially fields 2 and 4). No one is required to play there...if the "location" or the "smell" or what is UNDER the ground bothers you that much, then don't play in a tournament hosted there.

When it's raining during a game, getting soaked bothers me...when it's FREEZING during a game, totally sucks...when it's hot as hell, I'm dyin' out there...and if it smells, I guess I'll have to learn to breathe through my mouth.

Too bad the parents complaining about the "terrible" fields are teaching their children that they should be pampered and only expect the absolute best...gonna be a rough ride out there in the real world when they grow up! What a Face

Last edited by meriusrex on 25/07/14, 05:35 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : wrong word)

meriusrex
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Questionforyou 25/07/14, 05:35 pm

meriusrex wrote:Sometimes, after a hard day, I just LOVE reading the really pointless rants on here Very Happy 

At the end of the day, Moneygram provides a sizable complex with 19 fields that are in very good playable condition (of course, I prefer UTD...especially fields 2 and 4). No one is dribble to play there...if the "location" or the "smell" or what is UNDER the ground bothers you that much, then don't play in a tournament hosted there.

When it's raining during a game, getting soaked bothers me...when it's FREEZING during a game, totally sucks...when it's hot as hell, I'm dyin' out there...and if it smells, I guess I'll have to learn to breathe through my mouth.

Too bad the parents complaining about the "terrible" fields are teaching their children that they should be pampered and only expect the absolute best...gonna be a rough ride out there in the real world when they grow up! What a Face

Did you just give us a pointless rant about pointless rants?
Questionforyou
Questionforyou
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by meriusrex 25/07/14, 05:36 pm

but of course...keeps the entertainment going...

meriusrex
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/07/14, 05:53 pm

"if the "location" or the "smell" or what is UNDER the ground bothers you that much, then don't play in a tournament hosted there. "

yawn, more people making excuses for mediocrity. why dont you drink water from the toilet, its good "enough"....seems some of our third world friends here dont understand...

Back to top Go down

Post by meriusrex 25/07/14, 07:27 pm

@silentparent...you do realize I'm actually all for Moneygram...we played there last weekend...think you missed my point. And I love toilet water...just make sure you add ice

meriusrex
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Me 31/07/14, 08:13 am

Isn't Railroad built next to Landfill?
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4