North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Money gram aka funky stink park.. - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Money gram aka funky stink park..

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Money gram aka funky stink park.. - Page 3 Empty Re: Money gram aka funky stink park..

Post by 10sDad 21/07/14, 12:33 pm

Borussia wrote:No excuse making, i may just not be country club like yourself.  I come from somewhere that kids dream of playing on fields like we have.  

You dont like it stay home.
You mean like Los Rios CC? You know the one - just on the other side of the solid waste facility from DSP...

10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Money gram aka funky stink park.. - Page 3 Empty Re: Money gram aka funky stink park..

Post by SoccerPop 21/07/14, 12:34 pm

Alright, I'm stupid. Which facility is being discussed here?

SoccerPop
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/07/14, 12:35 pm

Whats funny is you running your trap about a great soccer facility that is a big step up from Moss park, Richland, RE Goode, Mcinnish, etc...

I teach my kids to appreciate what they get, work hard and if they dont like something then do something about it to make a difference...not bitch and moan and do nothing about it.

You dont like a smell, fix it.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 21/07/14, 12:39 pm

so how was it rejected? Last I checked they played the games in the cotton bowl, moneygram, and richland. Doesn't sound like rejection to me. You are a couple of years on complaining about the same thing and calling for the downfall of DC and here it still stands. You are like the crazy guy on the street corner with the "end of the world" sign.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/07/14, 12:39 pm

Borussia wrote:Whats funny is you running your trap about a great soccer facility that is a big step up from Moss park, Richland, RE Goode, Mcinnish, etc...

I teach my kids to appreciate what they get, work hard and if they dont like something then do something about it to make a difference...not bitch and moan and do nothing about it.

actually it sounds like you teach your kids to accept whatever is handed to them because things were so bad wherever you are from....raw sewage smells at a kids park are NOT acceptable, if you think they are why not cast your line and eat a fish out of the creek...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/07/14, 12:40 pm

You keep saying "landfill" as if the girls are playing between broken bottles, old car parts and plastic bags. The fields are immaculate and rival FCD facilities. So you may be bothered by a smell from time to time on certain days. I am not even sure this is true as I have been there many times and never smelled anything but the fear the teams my girls are playing. Smile

What do you really want? Land is expensive, especially multiple acres in a location that is not North of Sherman. The City of Dallas spent over 35Milion on the fields, (none of which I had to pay and I am betting you didn't either). I think we should say "thank you" to the citizens of Dallas for footing the bill instead of using the fields and then complaining like ungrateful children.

You are probably right and they would be even better if we put them on Straight Lane in Highland park but $35million would not pay for the six yard box of one field over there.

Keep tilting at that windmill Don...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/07/14, 12:43 pm

Unicorns wrote:You keep saying "landfill" as if the girls are playing between broken bottles, old car parts and plastic bags.  The fields are immaculate and rival FCD facilities.  So you may be bothered by a smell from time to time on certain days.  I am not even sure this is true as I have been there many times and never smelled anything but the fear the teams my girls are playing.  Smile

What do you really want?  Land is expensive, especially multiple acres in a location that is not North of Sherman.  The City of Dallas spent over 35Milion on the fields, (none of which I had to pay and I am betting you didn't either).  I think we should say "thank you" to the citizens of Dallas for footing the bill instead of using the fields and then complaining like ungrateful children.  

You are probably right and they would be even better if we put them on Straight Lane in Highland park but $35million would not pay for the six yard box of one field over there.  

Keep tilting at that windmill Don...

lol, a landfill or highland park. how about something not over decades of junk, trash sewage etc....btw you think dallas did that out of charity? lmao!!

Last edited by silentparent on 21/07/14, 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/07/14, 12:44 pm

silentparent wrote:
Borussia wrote:Whats funny is you running your trap about a great soccer facility that is a big step up from Moss park, Richland, RE Goode, Mcinnish, etc...

actually it sounds like you teach your kids to accept whatever is handed to them because things were so bad wherever you are from....raw sewage smells at a kids park are NOT acceptable, if you think they are why not cast your line and eat a fish out of the creek...

Ill just smile and leave you with your last words. People like you need that.

Have a good one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/07/14, 12:46 pm

Borussia wrote:
silentparent wrote:

Ill just smile and leave you with your last words. People like you need that.

Have a good one.

lol, welcome to the first world..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/07/14, 12:59 pm

I haven't interacted with Silent Parent before? What's he/she so mad about?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/07/14, 01:02 pm

Cobra_Kai wrote:I haven't interacted with Silent Parent before?  What's he/she so mad about?  

lol, not mad, just call them as i see them and i have a low BS tolerance....

Back to top Go down

Money gram aka funky stink park.. - Page 3 Empty Pumper truck

Post by Soccerdood 21/07/14, 01:06 pm

I was not there on Friday and Saturday but I can tell you on Sunday it was fine until the pump truck showed up to pump out port-a-potties. Once that started the smell was overwhelming. FCD please coordinate this for the future when nobody will be there for several hours after pumping.

Soccerdood
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 21/07/14, 01:12 pm

Wow... Didn't think this was a topic that would go hard like this...

The one thing some people are saying is "maybe" about was the smell.. I was just a REF this weekend... And the fields were great.. Facility great as well, parking included. But the smell was an issue... Now it sounds like it is not always issue from some... Time will tell... But Friday night was very bad... Saturday... Off and on... I don't think I noticed it on Sunday, so it either went away or my senses were numb to it.. No problem with a landfill from me. If designed correctly, they are mean't to build on afterwards... Great complex and fields... 2nd best in the area right now, a few steps down from FC Dallas...

I am surprised no one has played the Strip Club card yet however... As Ref, I did hear a dad say he was hoping to do lunch at the Lodge...
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 21/07/14, 01:53 pm

Wow, that's a bonus! We can now teach our kids about soccer, sex, drugs, and crime. Sorry for the sterio type! I'm sure they are respectful businesses.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/07/14, 01:58 pm

soccersounder wrote:Wow... Didn't think this was a topic that would go hard like this...

The one thing some people are saying is "maybe" about was the smell.. I was just a REF this weekend... And the fields were great.. Facility great as well, parking included. But the smell was an issue... Now it sounds like it is not always issue from some... Time will tell... But Friday night was very bad... Saturday... Off and on... I don't think I noticed it on Sunday, so it either went away or my senses were numb to it.. No problem with a landfill from me. If designed correctly, they are mean't to build on afterwards... Great complex and fields... 2nd best in the area right now, a few steps down from FC Dallas...

I am surprised no one has played the Strip Club card yet however... As Ref, I did hear a dad say he was hoping to do lunch at the Lodge...

That road (Spangler) from Money Gram to The Lodge isn't fully paved yet. At least, that's what I heard.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigheadpena 21/07/14, 02:14 pm

I've been around the property that the fields are on for at least 10 years and I've never known it to be a "landfill" it was a concrete recycling plant up until 3 or so years ago. But concrete and garbage are very different. There is a small water treatment plant on Goodnight rd that is less than 200 yards from the north east edge of the property. I don't think that raw sewage is processed there I think it's more like what is taken out of grease traps at restaurants. There is also a compost/mulch manufacturer on NW HWY and Luna. Both place smell really bad at times. I bet what everyone is smelling is the water treatment plant around the corner.
bigheadpena
bigheadpena
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 21/07/14, 02:15 pm

Are you sure it's not the smell from the lodge around the corner. Lol

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 21/07/14, 02:28 pm

bigheadpena wrote:I've been around the property that the fields are on for at least 10 years and I've never known it to be a "landfill"  it was a concrete recycling plant up until 3 or so years ago. But concrete and garbage are very different. There is a small water treatment plant on Goodnight rd that is less than 200 yards from the north east edge of the property.  I don't think that raw sewage is processed there I think it's more like what is taken out of grease traps at restaurants. There is also a compost/mulch manufacturer on NW HWY and Luna. Both place smell really bad at times. I bet what everyone is smelling is the water treatment plant around the corner.

Stop.

You are going to ruin a perfectly good thread by introducing facts.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerchicken 21/07/14, 02:33 pm

Lefty wrote:
bigheadpena wrote:I've been around the property that the fields are on for at least 10 years and I've never known it to be a "landfill"  it was a concrete recycling plant up until 3 or so years ago. But concrete and garbage are very different. There is a small water treatment plant on Goodnight rd that is less than 200 yards from the north east edge of the property.  I don't think that raw sewage is processed there I think it's more like what is taken out of grease traps at restaurants. There is also a compost/mulch manufacturer on NW HWY and Luna. Both place smell really bad at times. I bet what everyone is smelling is the water treatment plant around the corner.

Stop.  

Agreed.

This board is only successful because it relies on rumor and rank speculation.

Afterward, we follow with accusations and innuendo.

Next - name calling and finger pointing

Finally - we devolve into how the topic imacts RASE

So let's keep your "facts" out of the disucssion.  Please.
soccerchicken
soccerchicken
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/07/14, 02:35 pm

I was holding the RASE comment until page 5.

We know the smell was actually coming from the backpacks. Hehe

I didnt just go there

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 21/07/14, 02:40 pm

soccer chuck wrote:
Lefty wrote:

Stop.  

Agreed.

This board is only successful because it relies on rumor and rank speculation.

Afterward, we follow with accusations and innuendo.

Next - name calling and finger pointing

Finally - we devolve into how the topic imacts RASE

So let's keep your "facts" out of the disucssion.  Please.

Don't forget opinion and advocacy to go along with the rumor and speculation.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by boilerjoe_96 21/07/14, 02:48 pm

Lefty wrote:

Stop.  

Never been there...and at present don't care... but what makes you so certain he has facts?

Most likely a Fact(click it)
boilerjoe_96
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/07/14, 07:59 pm

Maybe it was Dallas' crown jewel, the Trinity River. Sometimes it smells extra potent.

Back to top Go down

Post by PickAwinner 21/07/14, 10:44 pm

Yes, the park stunk on Friday.  But, (no pun intended) what I thought stunk more was having a large hill next to the fields on the west side.  The girls must have chased the ball down that hill 30 times in the two games we played there.  Install a small fence or something to stop the ball from rolling.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by the7wolf 21/07/14, 11:11 pm

At our first game there I rushed to pee in a port-a-potty as soon as I arrived. I got out and the waft hit me and I saw a line of people. I didn't realize at that point there was a dump nearby and my first thought was "great, they're going to think I made that smell!"

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

http://www.thewolfandtheshepherd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 22/07/14, 02:31 am

PickAwinner wrote:Yes, the park stunk on Friday.  But, (no pun intended) what I thought stunk more was having a large hill next to the fields on the west side.  The girls must have chased the ball down that hill 30 times in the two games we played there.  Install a small fence or something to stop the ball from rolling.

this is funny to me. maybe teams could get better and keep the ball in play so nobody has to chase it. growing up in the hood there was a basketball court next a nasty creek that was down a cliff. we all knew that you better not miss a shot so bad that the ball bounced down the cliff and into the creek cuz your butt was the one that was gonna risk your life to get somebody his ball back. That stood for blocking shots, missed passes, and slamming the ball cuz you was mad about something stupid.

but you know what..... the game was more controlled and the kids became better players cuz nobody wanted to lose that ball and chase it into the death creek.

in soccer we had a "shooter chase" rule. if you kicked the ball all the way out into creation cuz you missed the goal that bad, you better be the one chasing it down and bringing it back so we could train. i'm surprised this doesn't happen more often

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next