North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

LHGCL Weekend 2 - Page 5 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

LHGCL Weekend 2

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

LHGCL Weekend 2 - Page 5 Empty Re: LHGCL Weekend 2

Post by 03soccermomtx 04/08/14, 08:05 am

textigerfan wrote:OK...after reading thru some of this thread to get the jist of it...goal vs no goal and please remove my name (which I certainly get that), finally spent a few minutes looking at the video of the goal.  First of all, great corner kick for that age group or any age group.  Second, at exactly 1:10 of the video, I swear I see something between the keepers right leg and the post.  If my eyes are correct, it has to be the ball.  Can even follow the shadow of the ball.  Tough angle for all.  I viewed this on a 21 inch computer screen, not an IPad or phone.  The keeper was still moving towards the post and was not up against it totally.  Just did not get there in time it seems.  Have no idea if keeper called it or not, but kind of looks like it the way her defender got out of the way.  I can see how that could get in...lots of moving parts.

I have absolutely no dog in this fight...just my opinion.  I know the kids and parents are disappointed with the weekend by going 0-2.  Have been in the disappointment of being close and not making it before so I fully understand.  I am sure the girls and coach will recover faster than some of the parents.  They should be fine as long as it stays fun...especially for '03 girls.

Agreed. When you zoom in on video you can see the ball is between the keepers right knee and the post. The next frame you see the ball coming out in front of the post and the next frame has the ball hitting the ground in front of the line with enough spin to end up in the net. Sorry but to the original point is trying to be made the video doesn't not lie and this case goes against the poster.

03soccermomtx
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ddub68 04/08/14, 08:12 am

If you are viewing the video that was posted at 2am this morning rather than the unedited original, then you are right, it does appear that the regulation size ball does somehow magically appear to flatten into a pancake and squeeze between the post and the keeper...???
Can you explain to me the picture then of the post in front of the ball???

That's all I am asking. How does the post get in front of the ball? A glare maybe? An orb? Some mirror transpired iridescent thingy?

Come on. Lol.

I feel like the CIA has entered the room, collected all the evidence and is getting people to testify that they heard shots from the 6th floor. Lmao.

ddub68
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 04/08/14, 08:16 am

It is a tough angle for sure which can fall subject to optical illusion...but IMHO, it looks like a good goal by Lightning to me.  It is the only video I have seen, so that is the only "conclusion" I can come to.  Too bad for the defending team.  I have no idea how the rest of the game went and whether or not they had good chances they did not finish or not.  For all I know, this could have been the only shot "on goal" by either team the whole game.

Last edited by textigerfan on 04/08/14, 08:16 am; edited 1 time in total
textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SOUTHOFTHETRACKS 04/08/14, 08:16 am

OK so i wanted to get in on the action here... I watched the video and have to say I think its a goal. What a good corner kick it was too. BTW, did anyone go inspect the net after the game to see if the could have indeed went through the side? Just curious, I know if I thought thats what had happened I would have checked... Just sayin.
SOUTHOFTHETRACKS
SOUTHOFTHETRACKS
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SOCCERROCKS 04/08/14, 08:21 am

I am absolutely positive about one thing after watching and reviewing this video. As they would say in the NFL after further review the ruling on the field stands as there is not indisputable evidence from this video. I would say after watching it many times that it was a goal as you can appear to see the ball pass in front of the goal post. But the thing that makes no sense is why anyone believes this home video with no indisputable evidence should change the outcome of the game. After the game if everyone thought this went through the side netting did anyone go check and point out the problem netting. The netting never even flutters must of had to be a huge hole or disconnect. Video does prove one thing it was a tremendous corner kick with an unfortunate goalie error that lead to the correct team winning. Not sure what LHGCL is suppose to review?
SOCCERROCKS
SOCCERROCKS
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ddub68 04/08/14, 08:33 am

The public has spoken! Guards release BARABBAS!!

I wash my hands of this bwgophers*

ddub68
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/08/14, 08:43 am

ddub68 wrote:The public has spoken!  Guards release BARABBAS!!

"Pleased to meet you... Hope you guess my name*... But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game..."   Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil *

Last edited by bwgophers on 04/08/14, 09:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbolcounts 04/08/14, 08:46 am

We have played both teams and both teams have great girls and coaches. The video is inconclusive to my eye. The andro keeper is a great vocal goalie and she has the best view of the play in question. I would think she protested the ball going through a side net. The video cuts off so we don't see reaction of the players, parents, or coaches. IMO ddub68 sure is high on the cross to have no dog in the fight.

Futbolcounts
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by BahamaMamma 04/08/14, 08:54 am

Hey J...i wont get specific....lets just say we felt Mustangs deserved to be in DIII and leave it at that. :-)

BahamaMamma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 04/08/14, 09:05 am

ddub68 wrote:The public has spoken!  Guards release BARABBAS!!

cheers nice.
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lordus10 04/08/14, 09:21 am

I never post anything on here, but I love to get on and read all the craziness that goes on in here.

After watching the video a bunch of times, it does appear that the goalie is off the line about a step and not on the actual pole. The ball does go in the front of the goal not the side. Those goals do not have holes in them that a ball could just go through. The nets are clipped in. Sorry Andromeda this time you lost fair and square. You will do great with Coach Jon! He is a great coach!

My daughter has played all of these teams and I have to say if anyone deserves it this weekend it would be Sparta, Lightning, Mustangs and Sting North Garrett. We went and watched Sting North this weekend and they completely shut Sting Sanchez down, but lost off a bad clearance. Sanchez girl took a great shot and it went in. Now Mustangs out played Sting North Friday, but Mustangs have a few solid players that change the game. Same with Sunday. Sting North totally out played Dunstan but had problems scoring and ended up tying.

Lordus10
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by BahamaMamma 04/08/14, 09:37 am

Lol...slow down there Lordus....know your soccer! Everyone is exactly where they should be. Dont be bitter......

BahamaMamma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ddub68 04/08/14, 09:46 am

Congrats to all the teams in the world that played this weekend. They all deserved to win and all will be getting a certificate of appreciation.
Andro fans, keep your heads held high, you know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
Lucky Lightning*, bwgophers*, Lordus*(Sting North baby!!)(ps that coach is probably the most obscene Ahole coach I've seen, just saying) 03girls forum sheep*(if you remotely feel this means you then it probably does) and the artist formerly known as LHGCL* exit stage right.
And I'm out

ddub68
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by goalin 04/08/14, 09:47 am

LOL I love how someone always has something to say about Sanchez. Obviously if you play with 10 defenders and one forward against Sanchez its going to appear to be a shut down to me that's not soccer. Sanchez plays every team the same way no need to play anyone with 10 defenders.

In soccer if you don't get that ball in that net you don't win and obviously Sanchez team did that. Couldn't get the win with Mustangs because they had one goalie and 9 players on the net after there goal.
Sanchez deserved it and that is why they got in  cheers  sunny

goalin
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by BahamaMamma 04/08/14, 10:08 am

Well said Goalin!!!

BahamaMamma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by textigerfan 04/08/14, 10:18 am

Futbolcounts wrote:IMO ddub68  sure is high on the cross to have no dog in the fight.  

cheers 

textigerfan
textigerfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lordus10 04/08/14, 10:19 am

Bahama Mamma----

Not sure about the coach for Sting North but seemed to me like he was a very passionate coach and our friends seem to like him. Seems like it touches real close to home so I wont even attempt to go there.

You will never reach to the level of soccer knowledge that I have so don't ever go there. I am not bitter at all because I don't have a daughter that played this weekend. I watched and made my evaluation which we are all privileged to do so. The teams I thought had the best weekend are the ones I mentioned. Not sure what you think you accomplish by bashing anyone that has an opinion on here.

Anyways,

good job by making sure I never comment on here ever again. I am sure whoever is in charge of this forum is so impressed with all of your nonsense you speak and this forum loses respectful people. In the end, this forum will ened up with bitter people like yourself and no one for you to bash.

goalin.......

I think Sanchez deserves to be in for sure. They have had a great year and truly got screwed last year. We have friends on there and I am very positive they would say the same. This weekend wasn't there best at all and they truly didn't deserve the outcomes of each game. They were flat and not aggressive but soccer is decided by who scores and Sanchez is always dangerous going forward. Thats what got them through. Never said they didnt deserve the total outcome. Just this weekends play is what I was commenting on.

Lordus10
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 04/08/14, 10:23 am

Lordus10 wrote:Bahama Mamma----

Not sure about the coach for Sting North but seemed to me like he was a very passionate coach and our friends seem to like him. Seems like it touches real close to home so I wont even attempt to go there.

You will never reach to the level of soccer knowledge that I have so don't ever go there. I am not bitter at all because I don't have a daughter that played this weekend. I watched and made my evaluation which we are all privileged to do so. The teams I thought had the best weekend are the ones I mentioned. Not sure what you think you accomplish by bashing anyone that has an opinion on here.

Anyways,

good job by making sure I never comment on here ever again. I am sure whoever is in charge of this forum is so impressed with all of your nonsense you speak and this forum loses respectful people. In the end, this forum will ened up with bitter people like yourself and no one for you to bash.

goalin.......

I think Sanchez deserves to be in for sure. They have had a great year and truly got screwed last year. We have friends on there and I am very positive they would say the same. This weekend wasn't there best at all and they truly didn't deserve the outcomes of each game. They were flat and not aggressive but soccer is decided by who scores and Sanchez is always dangerous going forward. Thats what got them through. Never said they didnt deserve the total outcome. Just this weekends play is what I was commenting on.

How does one obtain the level of soccer knowledge you claim to have? Can I purchase a Rosetta Stone for futbol? Do you guys take payments on said knowledge?

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallassoccermom 04/08/14, 10:28 am

My DD has played all the teams in the qualifying brackets. All are hard working and deserving. I believe the 4 teams that got in where the correct ones. They all worked hard and got first in their brackets the first weekend of qualifying. Its really hard to see that some parents feel the need to say one team is more deserving or luckier than the other. I think all the teams worked their butts off this summer and made plenty of sacrifices, not just Andromeda.

I am sure the girls are disappointed which is expected. We all have had to tell our DDs that things don't always go your way even when you work and try your hardest. Its part of life and learning. Good luck to Andromeda and all the other teams that didn't qualify.

I know there are calls that each team could have received which would have changed the game these past two weekends. Its just part of soccer. Look at the world cup drama this year. Things aren't overturned even on the world's biggest stage. Not sure what this post is suppose to do when we all know that leagues won't even bother to mess with all this. Its looks like an angry parent that couldn't let it go and wanted to belittle the other 11 year olds.

Looking at the qualifying schedule for the second weekend, Evolution and Lightning played two games on Saturday. They both had to play their second games within a three hour window against 24 hour rested teams. I don't see the advantage in that and I don't think the scores accurately show what could have been if both teams were evenly rested. Sparta is a great team but I don't think they would have won 6-0 if Evolution was rested. In the other bracket Sting Sanchez and Sting Dunstan played two games as well but they played their first games against teams who only had one game that day. 3 hours later they played each other after they both already played their first game. That to me seems fair.

After watching the video several times on my 22 inch computer screen I noticed that the goalie tries to put her foot on the ball in seconds 44-46. It looks like she didn't see the ball coming until too late. Also I noticed that the defender on the near post looks to be on the outside of the goal, so if it came through the side, wouldn't the ball hit her? The net also doesn't move until it hits back of the goal. The angle is really hard to see if the goalie was actually on the post. From what I see, it looks as if she is a foot away from the post and its a good goal.

Good Job Texas Lightning and to the 11 year who took the corner, what a goal!
Dallassoccermom
Dallassoccermom
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by BahamaMamma 04/08/14, 10:32 am

Lordus....re read....i never mentioned anything about any coach...that was ddub68 so please get it straight if you are going to try to bash on me.

And as far as soccer knowledge. Simply based on your comments, I would have to differ. You have no clue what your talking about if you honestly think Garrett is ready for LH.

Anyway....you do have to be careful what you say on here....or prepared to defend it!!

BahamaMamma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BahamaMamma 04/08/14, 10:35 am

J....rossetta stone was a nice one....

BahamaMamma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 04/08/14, 10:36 am

I don't think any posts has created the need for so many people to post their "very first" post. Impressive. I am quite sure none of these first time posters have alternate user names. That wouldn't make sense.

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BahamaMamma 04/08/14, 10:44 am

I was initiated by the best....they were not nice. Then I had to deal with creepy stalker... So i get it. You do have to defend what you post..agreed?

BahamaMamma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by goalin 04/08/14, 10:50 am

I don't think its fair to say that Sting Sanchez did not deserve the outcome of those games. I'm sorry but that's not very nice from your part Lordus10. If they got the wins in there first 2 games it must of been because they were doing something right.

goalin
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Kicking & Screaming 04/08/14, 11:34 am

Goalin'- What game were you watching??? I saw two Mustang defenders marked on the two Sanchez threats the entire game, and they shut them down!! There were multiple opportunities for Sanchez to execute a goal in the 2nd half including a one-on-one with five minutes remaining in the game that was busted up...so much for that great D1 addition!! As a matter of fact- the Mustangs shutout all three Sting teams they played in Round 2.
Kicking & Screaming
Kicking & Screaming
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BahamaMamma 04/08/14, 11:43 am

PLEASE!!!! you must still be dreaming!!! Ask the Dr. On your team for an rx. There was a box full of mustang jerseys lol!! Obviously they dont completely trust their goalie ti do her jib. Its ok..... We'll see how it all goes during the season. And we were being so nice letting them have that goal....geez.

BahamaMamma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next