North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

LHGCL Weekend 2 - Page 6 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

LHGCL Weekend 2

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

LHGCL Weekend 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: LHGCL Weekend 2

Post by BahamaMamma 04/08/14, 11:43 am

PLEASE!!!! you must still be dreaming!!! Ask the Dr. On your team for an rx. There was a box full of mustang jerseys lol!! Obviously they dont completely trust their goalie ti do her jib. Its ok..... We'll see how it all goes during the season. And we were being so nice letting them have that goal....geez.

BahamaMamma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by goalin 04/08/14, 11:46 am

I was watching the Mustangs vs Sting sanchez game but of course everyone is going to have there own opinion.
That's awesome that they shutout all the sting teams unlucky that they didn't get a win against Dunstan I suppose. lol

goalin
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by BahamaMamma 04/08/14, 12:06 pm

Ahh true...so technically Dunstan shut out mustangs too.  :-)

BahamaMamma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Voice_of_Reason 04/08/14, 02:18 pm

I will join in the conversation with a different take.  I think everyone is looking at the wrong portion of the video.  Within the first 2 seconds you get a very good shot of that part of the goal / net in question.  I would love for any reasonable person to point out the area where a size 4 soccer ball will go through this net. According to soccerhelp.com the squares are probably 4" so the only spot with more than 4 available inches would be behind the tire and nobody is silly enough to suggest it went in there.  Folks, this is a goal.  Nice strike, better result.  

LHGCL Weekend 2 - Page 6 Goal_b10

Voice_of_Reason
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by justme76 04/08/14, 03:08 pm

Dallassoccermom wrote:My DD has played all the teams in the qualifying brackets.  All are hard working and deserving.  I believe the 4 teams that got in where the correct ones.  They all worked hard and got first in their brackets the first weekend of qualifying.  Its really hard to see that some parents feel the need to say one team is more deserving or luckier than the other.  I think all the teams worked their butts off this summer and made plenty of sacrifices, not just Andromeda.  

I am sure the girls are disappointed which is expected.  We all have had to tell our DDs that things don't always go your way even when you work and try your hardest.  Its part of life and learning.   Good luck to Andromeda and all the other teams that didn't qualify.  

Looking at the qualifying schedule for the second weekend, Evolution and Lightning played two games on Saturday.  They both had to play their second games within a three hour window against 24 hour rested teams.  I don't see the advantage in that and I don't think the scores accurately show what could have been if both teams were evenly rested.  Sparta is a great team but I don't think they would have won 6-0 if Evolution was rested.  In the other bracket Sting Sanchez and Sting Dunstan played two games as well but they played their first games against teams who only had one game that day.  3 hours later they played each other after they both already played their first game. That to me seems fair.  

Good Job Texas Lightning and to the 11 year who took the corner, what a goal!

This thread has taken off.  A lot of first time posters.   Unfortunate that Andro/Lightning game had to end like that.    What would the Sparta/Evolution score have been, if Evolution was rested?    Evolution is a good team-- losing to Lighting only 2-1.  They were my sleeper team to get in.
Sparta--Mustangs match would have been fun to watch.

Last edited by justme76 on 04/08/14, 04:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

justme76
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SOCCERROCKS 04/08/14, 03:29 pm

Voice_of_Reason wrote:I will join in the conversation with a different take.  I think everyone is looking at the wrong portion of the video.  Within the first 2 seconds you get a very good shot of that part of the goal / net in question.  I would love for any reasonable person to point out the area where a size 4 soccer ball will go through this net. According to soccerhelp.com the squares are probably 4" so the only spot with more than 4 available inches would be behind the tire and nobody is silly enough to suggest it went in there.  Folks, this is a goal.  Nice strike, better result.  

LHGCL Weekend 2 - Page 6 Goal_b10

I think everyone who is watching the video and doesn't think that is a goal is loaded!  drunken drunken 
SOCCERROCKS
SOCCERROCKS
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PK_M.I.A. 04/08/14, 03:32 pm

Lordus10 wrote:I never post anything on here, but I love to get on and read all the craziness that goes on in here.

After watching the video a bunch of times, it does appear that the goalie is off the line about a step and not on the actual pole. The ball does go in the front of the goal not the side. Those goals do not have holes in them that a ball could just go through. The nets are clipped in.  Sorry Andromeda this time you lost fair and square. You will do great with Coach Jon! He is a great coach!

My daughter has played all of these teams and I have to say if anyone deserves it this weekend it would be Sparta, Lightning, Mustangs and Sting North Garrett. We went and watched Sting North this weekend and they completely shut Sting Sanchez down, but lost off a bad clearance. Sanchez girl took a great shot and it went in. Now Mustangs out played Sting North Friday, but Mustangs have a few solid players that change the game.  Same with Sunday. Sting North totally out played Dunstan but had problems scoring and ended up tying.

Did they score a goal this weekend or in King Tut? Whose things help!

[/i]

PK_M.I.A.
PK_M.I.A.
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by proudDDdad 04/08/14, 11:43 pm

I wanted to clear the air before bad reputations have a chance to develop.  I am a proud father of a DD from Andromeda 03G Red.  I know there have been lots of debate here already about the video.  I know some nicknames have been developed for Texas Lightning, and probably us too...lol.  Here is the bottom line, we congratulate the girls, parents, and coaches of a great Texas Lightning squad.  They have worked hard and deserve their shot at LHGCL.  While the initial reactions of the video are of passion and disappointment, I believe our group of parents and coach believe that everything happens for a reason.  It doesn't matter if it was a goal or not, our girls are going to wake up tomorrow smiling, laughing, and ready for whatever comes their way.  Their time will come.

Our coach may or may not be the greatest soccer coach available to our girls.  That is for greater soccer minds than mine to determine.  What I do know is there is not a greater person I would want influencing the life of my child than Jon.  We are the lucky team, so you can give us that nickname if you like.   Very Happy 

So congrats again to the Mustangs, Sparta, Sting Sanchez, and especially Texas Lightning.  I'm sure our girls will see your girls on a pitch soon!

proudDDdad
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rookie 05/08/14, 12:11 am

Classy response ProudDDdad
I know this Andro Red team well and I know you've had more than your share of misfortune this year.  You all are a resilient bunch! Hold your head up and keep moving forward. When your injured players return, you'll be a force to be reckoned with.
Rookie
Rookie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ddub68 05/08/14, 07:41 am

ProudDDDad* your team is Lucky* to have you.
Good Luck to Lucky Red*

ddub68
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceristheword 05/08/14, 12:24 pm

Nice response proudDDdad.  I think we've all been in games that didn't end the way we thought it should due to a ref call. I've packed up my stuff and walked off a field a time or two and grumbled about an outcome. Whether this was or was not a goal -- the way the coach and parents handle it is the life lesson for the girls.  Way to show some class.  Your team is lucky to have you as a parent supporter.

Socceristheword
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/08/14, 03:06 pm

As I said WAY earlier in this thread, Andro Red has great people. Way to go proudDDdad!

Back to top Go down

Post by GoalMouth 05/08/14, 06:26 pm

All of us hot heads thank the good Lord for proudDDdad and Coach Jon. Embarassed I know that proudDDdad definitely speaks for all of us and always states it much more elegantly.

Congratulations to all the teams especially Lightning! And we'll see you all in the near future.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life.  When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.  I wrote down ‘happy’.  They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.” by John Lennon
GoalMouth
GoalMouth
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6