North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

'00 D2 Preseason Prognostication - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

'00 D2 Preseason Prognostication

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

'00 D2 Preseason Prognostication - Page 2 Empty Re: '00 D2 Preseason Prognostication

Post by Packrabbit 22/08/14, 03:56 pm

InaB wrote:Dad are you saying the D3 crowd speaketh in tongues? Or are we the arbitrators of double speak? Maybe we should bring Shakespeare back from the grave! Better yet, we could hire Pack to write stuff for us under a nom DE plume!

Stuff me under a what?! Suspect 

dadof3 wrote: Peer into his eyes and see what...you are really saying I guess?? I had no idea what messages awaited me. Kinda like an Ouija board. Every time I look in the mirror now, I see myself with long ears and buck teeth, and I crave carrots and chime in "what up, Doc?" in everyday conversation. Really weird stuff. Never felt so lucky after a foot massage either?!?

I'm not sure which rabbit's eyes you've been peering into, after a foot massage.... But,... Is that ... Barry White playing in the background?? Shocked but .... I'm just here to opine about soccer!

Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

'00 D2 Preseason Prognostication - Page 2 Empty Re: '00 D2 Preseason Prognostication

Post by dadof3 17/09/14, 03:56 pm

Since there are no d2 games until next Wednesday, I thought it would be cool to see what the preseason looked like. Looks like it is a tight race up and down the line.

Pack...can you please tell everyone what I think will happen in the 7 games in 15 days gauntlet that looms starting next Wednesday?? I could end up sayin something pretty funny...
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Havingfunyet 18/09/14, 08:47 am

this is a refresher of what was posted. I used pack rabbit as he seems to be closer to the pin
For those of you who have a heart condition, high blood pressure, ignorant or otherwise sensitive, please read the below disclaimer.

I predict a more competitive division this year than last. There will be no easy matches for anyone this year. This year, it will be about who didn't have big turnover- I think the teams that stayed together will be better relatively, especially early in fall. . I would not be surprised if #2-7 finished a spot or two from wherever.

One question: what is the status of CPP this year?

1. Solar Gold: Moves up to team to beat. Kept most of its team together, but one of few teams without big changes, but added some very good players. ( right on so far)

2. Dallas Texans North: My dark horse, but I was surprised they didn't finish better last year. New coach with this fast, athletic, physical bunch may be what the doctor ordered. May struggle early, but I think they take a step up this year. ( think his dark horse is very dark so far)

3. Mustang Bussey: Lost some very good players this year, not to take a step back. Bussey will have his team competitive and playing hard, but they are new, so there will be some growing pains. ( too high based on what i have seen so far)

4. Sting West: Welcome to D2! Coming from a very competitive D3, adding some good players, this team will do just fine. Just to drive KnK dad crazy, I have say they could finish in top 3 again this year! ( hard to tell but I thought it was a guttsy call they played the bottom two teams so it is still hard to tell)

5: Lady Aztecs: don't have a good read on this team. I have no idea what to expect, but every Aztec team I have ever seen will be fierce and physical, but they lost a lot of players... I placed them here out of D1 respect. (Needed to get more respect playing well)

6. FCD-P: Tough one. I liked the good run they had at end of last year, but not sure who I would put them ahead of right now. Wouldn't be surprised if they finish 2 spots higher or 3 spots if they win some close matches. (about right)

7: DFeeters: Poor finish last year. Lots of new players this year, but held on to some of their better players. Would not be surprised if the finished a spot or 2 higher. With the turnover, I had to place them here. (Played a tough schedule i think they will move up)

8. Sting Ferretti: Significant turnover this year. Picked up some very good players and a very good GK. I still can't discount any Ferretti coached team. (Playing better then what was predicited)

The bottom 2 in no particular order: (Total right on)
FCD-E: New team and Jon Hopkins fan club. Hate to discount any Plano teams
DTFW: Played stronger as the year went on.

So I think pack rabbit was more right then wrong. Good job.

Havingfunyet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 18/09/14, 03:28 pm

Havingfunyet wrote: this is a refresher of what was posted.  I used pack rabbit as he seems to be closer to the pin
For those of you who have a heart condition, high blood pressure, ignorant or otherwise sensitive, please read the below disclaimer.

I predict a more competitive division this year than last. There will be no easy matches for anyone this year. This year, it will be about who didn't have big turnover- I think the teams that stayed together will be better relatively, especially early in fall. . I would not be surprised if #2-7 finished a spot or two from wherever.

One question: what is the status of CPP this year?

1. Solar Gold: Moves up to team to beat. Kept most of its team together, but one of few teams without big changes, but added some very good players. ( right on so far)

2. Dallas Texans North: My dark horse, but I was surprised they didn't finish better last year. New coach with this fast, athletic, physical bunch may be what the doctor ordered. May struggle early, but I think they take a step up this year.  ( think his dark horse is very dark so far)

3. Mustang Bussey: Lost some very good players this year, not to take a step back. Bussey will have his team competitive and playing hard, but they are new, so there will be some growing pains. ( too high based on what i have seen so far)

4. Sting West: Welcome to D2! Coming from a very competitive D3, adding some good players, this team will do just fine. Just to drive KnK dad crazy, I have say they could finish in top 3 again this year! ( hard to tell but I thought it was a guttsy call they played the bottom two teams so it is still hard to tell)

5: Lady Aztecs: don't have a good read on this team. I have no idea what to expect, but every Aztec team I have ever seen will be fierce and physical, but they lost a lot of players... I placed them here out of D1 respect.  (Needed to get more respect playing well)

6. FCD-P: Tough one. I liked the good run they had at end of last year, but not sure who I would put them ahead of right now. Wouldn't be surprised if they finish 2 spots higher or 3 spots if they win some close matches.  (about right)

7: DFeeters: Poor finish last year. Lots of new players this year, but held on to some of their better players. Would not be surprised if the finished a spot or 2 higher. With the turnover, I had to place them here. (Played a tough schedule i think they will move up)

8. Sting Ferretti: Significant turnover this year. Picked up some very good players and a very good GK. I still can't discount any Ferretti coached team. (Playing better then what was predicited)

The bottom 2 in no particular order: (Total right on)
FCD-E: New team and Jon Hopkins fan club. Hate to discount any Plano teams
DTFW: Played stronger as the year went on.

So I think pack rabbit was more right then wrong.  Good job.

I think you are right (that Rabbit was pretty close so far). The next two weeks will be the crucible. Seven games in 15 days is tough. SG leads, but scored a very late goal to pull it out vs. Feet. I think DTN could actually be top 3, they have had to play the current #1, #2, and #4. I think Aztecs are probably top 3 at this point. SWW sneaks into that conversation with more 8-1...and less 2-4...but I think that is the problem with jumping a division. It isn't usually a talent gap, but a consistency of play gap. Minute to minute, game to game. You have to be at your best each game because ALL are good enough to beat you if you have an off day...that is why nobody wins ALL their games at this level.

To me Ferretti, Bussey and Feet are all interesting as well...I think they can all beat anyone...

FCDE can score goals. FCDP looks hot and cold on paper. DTFW can win. Nobody is a gimme.

The thing I think is also interesting is that EVERYONE has at least 3 points...in three games. That means that 9 or 10 could become 4 and 5 in a one game swing. This is going to FLY starting next Wednesday when there is precious little practice time, time to heal from injuries, or time to rest between games.

Good luck!
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Packrabbit 19/09/14, 10:36 pm

It is going to be an entertaining season, but I'm not short-changing LA!

Please note my 8/21/14 post where I changed Aztecs rankings!!

Packrabbit wrote:
chivasfanf wrote:
Packrabbit wrote:
5: Lady Aztecs: don't have a good read on this team. I have no idea what to expect, but every Aztec team I have ever seen will be fierce and physical, but they lost a lot of players... I placed them here out of D1 respect.

LA's have not lost alot of players. I think we are one of the most stable teams out there. We lost one player and another one moved up to play on our 99 team.

Chavas- thanks for the info
Hmmm.... Based on little change to the line-up, new information requires new analysis...sounds like D-3 may be right (withholding info?) with his (translated) #2 ranking....

I'm moving LA up to #2, and shifting the order down one.

Section I: The author of this post's above attempts at humor should be viewed and/or criticized for its entertainment value only. Hopefully, no one's feelings or facts were injured during the production of this post.
Section II: The author does not claim to speak intelligently or with authority about ANY posted topic. The author further acknowledges that any information presented is an opinion most likely based on incomplete observations and should not, in form or fashion, be treated as NEWS or FACTS of any type. All information should be questioned, ridiculed and/or discarded, as deemed appropiate by the individual reader
Packrabbit
Packrabbit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2