North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Texas U14 Region - Second Place - Up in the air? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Texas U14 Region - Second Place - Up in the air?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Texas U14 Region - Second Place - Up in the air? Empty Texas U14 Region - Second Place - Up in the air?

Post by Big Poppy 21/04/15, 10:52 am

What appeared to be a winnable game for FC Dallas vs. TSC ended up in a 1-1 tie.  TSC has been playing very well of late and this is another example of the level of competition within the Texas U14 ECNL Region.  TSC lost to Texans 3-2 in a prior match....which means this team has progressed nicely this season.  Congrats to TSC with finishing out the season on a high note.

OK...with the tie to TSC.....FCD has opened the door and the Texans now have a shot at second place.

Texans final games are Solar and Dfeeters.  A tie or win against Solar...they move to 35 pts. or 37 pts.     A win against Solar and a tie or win against Dfeeters will put them at 38 or 40 pts.  Solar game is a must-win this Sunday....they lose and they take 3rd place.

FCD only has one game left and it is against Solar.  A tie or win against Solar will put them at 38 or 40 pts.   Not sure when this game will take place as both teams may have players suiting up for State Cup.  Also...it could draw out the drama.....if the Texans beat Solar this weekend.

A tie between Texans and FCD will go to FCD based on H-t-H results.

So....there-in lies the drama/excite.  These last few games will dictate who travels to Seattle and who starts preparing for next season.  I really like both of these teams, and the programs they represent....so......let'em play!  Nothing like adding some excitement to round out the season between these two.....best of luck!
Big Poppy
Big Poppy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Texas U14 Region - Second Place - Up in the air? Empty Re: Texas U14 Region - Second Place - Up in the air?

Post by thebox 21/04/15, 09:34 pm

14 year old soccer in the Texas division of ECNL. Sounded like FCD was lucky to get out with a draw as TSC scored for both teams?

thebox
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Texas U14 Region - Second Place - Up in the air? Empty Re: Texas U14 Region - Second Place - Up in the air?

Post by Alby 23/04/15, 08:34 am

Who won between Feet and Texans? Nothing posted. And can anyone explain why Tx conference only gets 2 teams going through in U14..it seems like in older age groups can be up to 4 with WC

Alby
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 23/04/15, 10:10 am

#of teams and wilcards from each region are determined for the u-14's by the previous year results. I do not know what formula they use but clearly it gives the SoCal region the advantage. Texans vs dfeeters canceled due to weather.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccermumz 26/04/15, 11:10 am

Texans 1-0 against Solar.

Soccermumz
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by tako 26/04/15, 11:56 am

Great win for Texans. Team looks to be on a roll having beat Kicks and Solar in the last two games. Now the FCD vs Solar game becomes really impotant in determining #2. Texans can't overlook their last game vs Feet either. However this turns out, Texas conference is sending two teams to the finals, in Seattle, that will represent the Texas conference well.

tako
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Onemorepractice 26/04/15, 12:37 pm

Have to agree, Texas can be proud of the teams they send to Seattle...congrats to the Texans on the victory, quite a team they have put together.

Onemorepractice
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Poppy 27/04/15, 09:06 am

Great game for Texans.  All-in-all....a few opportunities to score for both sides and Texans converted on what I feel was one of the prettiest shots I've seen all year.  About 25 yards out and just ripped on the top left portion of the goal.  Not to mention....goalie play in the second half for Texans was impressive....Solar corner....kicked around in the box and flicked on goal...one touch punch from goalie...hits the bar and kicks out.  

Great soccer game and I really like the Texans parents and club.  Could we see a Texans / Solar trip to Seattle in the future....inquiring minds want to know!

Side note:  Not sure what it is about Solar and "Turf"....lost two games this year...both on turf and had a rough go if it with Rush on turf in Houston.  Solar will regroup and start preparing to close out the season and getting ready for nationals.
Big Poppy
Big Poppy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ball striker 04/05/15, 01:21 am

So, with State Cup Semi at 10 and ECNL game at 9, what will Solar do with the dual rostered players?
ball striker
ball striker
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Poppy 04/05/15, 10:28 am

ball striker wrote:So, with State Cup Semi at 10 and ECNL game at 9, what will Solar do with the dual rostered players?

That's the $35,000 question.
Big Poppy
Big Poppy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ONLYASOCCERDAD 04/05/15, 05:45 pm

Big Poppy wrote:
ball striker wrote:So, with State Cup Semi at 10 and ECNL game at 9, what will Solar do with the dual rostered players?

That's the $35,000 question.

start them in the game at 9 and hopefully have game under control after first half. move girls to state cup game Smile

ONLYASOCCERDAD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jae 04/05/15, 09:27 pm

If I were a betting man, I would bet that Solar will focus on beating FCD ECNL and improving their seeding in the ECNL Champions League/Tournament.  They slipped down from 2nd to 8th seed when they lost to the Texans.  Being an 8th or 9th seed is not ideal in a 4-bracket tournament!

jae
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by thebox 05/05/15, 10:02 am

jae wrote:If I were a betting man, I would bet that Solar will focus on beating FCD ECNL and improving their seeding in the ECNL Champions League/Tournament.  They slipped down from 2nd to 8th seed when they lost to the Texans.  Being an 8th or 9th seed is not ideal in a 4-bracket tournament!

I completely agree with this statement Jae. Grubb has had 2 weeks to prepare for this game and there is some end of season "pressure training" going on there. One would have to imagine this will be a good game for FCD to prove to themselves, what they are made of. Solar should not take this game lightly, nor will they most likely.

thebox
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Poppy 05/05/15, 10:53 am

Jae....for the record....the (4) teams at the U14 ECNL Nationals last year that made it to the Semi-Finals...were as follows:

#9 Seed    
#10 Seed
#11 Seed
#13 Seed

#9 and #13 played in the finals and #9 won.

Are you familiar with how the seeding works at Nationals?
Big Poppy
Big Poppy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jae 05/05/15, 01:12 pm

Yes.  Seeding is based on team's average points per game.  So the winning teams from weak (or severely lopsided) conferences are likely to be seeded higher.  However, as of now, arguably two of the strongest teams--Michigan Hawks & San Diego Surf--are #1 and #4.  Does Solar want to be in the same bracket as Michigan Hawks?

jae
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Poppy 05/05/15, 01:27 pm

We beat Surf in the Phoenix Showcase tournament 3-2.  

As for Hawks and Surf....their is a 50/50 chance we will play one of those teams in our group....we really don't have much choice in how the other top 15 teams play and how it impacts the groupings.  

Please remember....there is still a lot of soccer left to play and some teams still have 6 to 9 games left.  A lot of soccer to be played before the final standings are solidified.  Point in case....Surf still has to play Slammers..both are ahead of Solar and FCD in standings....the result of that game will obviously impact their standings....one could go up....both could go down and one will go down.....waiting to see the results.  Regardless....Solar will advance ahead of one of those teams that takes the lose or tie.

Make sense?
Big Poppy
Big Poppy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jae 05/05/15, 02:06 pm

So, is your point that Solar does not care about the outcome this weekend's game against FCD?  Or are you simply implying that Solar does not care about its seeding in the national championship tournament because things are beyond Solar's control?

BTW, if you want to look at this as totally random outcome, there is less than 50/50 chance that you will play one of those teams (Hawks and Surf) since there is 25% chance that both team will end up in the same group.

Also, the fact that Solar beat Surf 3-2 in the Phoenix Showcase is meaningless to what will happen at the national championship.  After all, Solar beat Texans 4-0 in the Fall and lost 0-1 in the Spring.

In terms of your point about there being "still a lot of soccer left to play," I agree.  However, if I were a betting man, I would bet that Hawks will win their remaining three games against weak teams and will finish 1st, so avoiding 8th or 9th seed would seem desirable for Solar at this point.

jae
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pele98 05/05/15, 03:18 pm

Am I reading it wrong, or may be Big Poppy is trying to justify the impending whopping by FCD!

Solar losing to FCD won't be the end of the world, after all they lost to them in Fall, but Solar losing two games in a row will be more telling and worrying about the direction of the team since Fall and heading into Nationals.
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Poppy 05/05/15, 04:00 pm

Pele98 and Jae....I think you guys are reading way to much into my post. Taking shots at Solar is fine......it happens on the forum...always has! We've lost two games and both were close....to two very strong ECNL teams.

Do you have a dog in the fight.....or.....are you sidelined for the next 6 months and just trying to stir up some trash?

Regardless...Solar will be finishing out the season and heading to Houston to prepare for Nationals. That's really all I've said....the rest you and your compadre have contrived!

Big Poppy
Big Poppy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jae 05/05/15, 04:29 pm

Big Poppy, I am not sure why you think I am taking shots at Solar or trying to stir up some trash.  If that is what was communicated, I apologize because that was not what I intended.

I've simply contributed to the conversation by sharing my opinion about what Solar is likely to do this weekend--focus on winning vs. FCD as opposed to splitting the roster to do well in the State Cup (which was the original conversation).  You've responded and engaged me in a conversation by pointing out the fallacy of my argument/point.  Our conversation continued and I've simply try to correct your corrections in logic/facts.  Let me know which statements are "shots at Solar" or intended to "stir up some trash" and I will edit them out or preface them with proper sensitive disclaimers to ensure that I do not insult the Solar nation.

Congrats in winning the TX ECNL conference and representing TX at the nationals!

jae
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 05/05/15, 06:16 pm

Duke University coach solar practice tonight and tomorrow. ACC

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/05/15, 06:54 pm

Zizou wrote:Duke University coach solar practice tonight and tomorrow. ACC

Make sure you get a selfie and an autograph and post it on your Twitter and Facebook pages!

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Poppy 05/05/15, 07:24 pm

jae wrote:Big Poppy, I am not sure why you think I am taking shots at Solar or trying to stir up some trash.  If that is what was communicated, I apologize because that was not what I intended.

I've simply contributed to the conversation by sharing my opinion about what Solar is likely to do this weekend--focus on winning vs. FCD as opposed to splitting the roster to do well in the State Cup (which was the original conversation).  You've responded and engaged me in a conversation by pointing out the fallacy of my argument/point.  Our conversation continued and I've simply try to correct your corrections in logic/facts.  Let me know which statements are "shots at Solar" or intended to "stir up some trash" and I will edit them out or preface them with proper sensitive disclaimers to ensure that I do not insult the Solar nation.

Congrats in winning the TX ECNL conference and representing TX at the nationals!

Jae...if you read my post I lumped you in with Pele98....in hindsight....probably not my best decision today.

That being said....I do think the win against Surf was meaningFUL in addition to Stings win over San Juan....both teams are in the top 4 and both teams were beat by NTX ECNL teams. It gives you somewhat of a "gauge" to know what you may be up against in Nationals..thus all of the showcase games have merit and purpose....however...you are entitled to your opinion.

As for the National Rankings....I do agree that the Hawks will probably finish in the top 4.....however, there are 6 teams between Solar and Hawks that have 20+ games to play and I don't expect all of them to run the tables.

As for the FCD game...the decisions that are being made on that game are completely out of my pay grade and I can assure you that I have no influence on what will take place. What I can tell you is that we will have 11 players on the field at all times that want to win that game.

Regardless of the score...I am more concerned/focused on our players coming out of our last two ECNL games healthy...with limited to no injuries. It's the end of the season and a lot of teams have girls that are banged up, tired and/or nursing a nagging injury. Any team that is moving on to a Regional or National tourney would probably want the same...just my opinion.

On a kinder note...please accept my apology for lumping you in with Pele98...nothing you said was derogatory towards Solar.
Big Poppy
Big Poppy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinnochio 05/05/15, 09:49 pm

Pele98 wrote:Am I reading it wrong, or may be Big Poppy is trying to justify the impending whopping by FCD!

Solar losing to FCD won't be the end of the world, after all they lost to them in Fall, but Solar losing two games in a row will be more telling and worrying about the direction of the team since Fall and heading into Nationals.

Not sure how much these final games matter to Solar. The direction of the team is Seattle. They clinched and earned the right to expand their roster the final matches and let others get a taste of Ecnl action. I am just hoping Solar wants to get some revenge on Grubb because it definitely matters to both FCD (and Texans).
Pinnochio
Pinnochio
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pele98 06/05/15, 12:37 am

Big Poppy, I noted you put up a dissertation in response to my brief, casual observation of the impending whopping.  I guess that proves my point that you were indeed, and still is, trying to justify the inevitable.

And did you just imply that the remaining Solar ECNL conference games are meaningless as you switch the focus to Houston to prepare for the Nationals?  
[NB:  "Regardless...Solar will be finishing out the season and heading to Houston to prepare for Nationals."]
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next