North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Texas U14 Region - Second Place - Up in the air? - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Texas U14 Region - Second Place - Up in the air?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Texas U14 Region - Second Place - Up in the air? - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas U14 Region - Second Place - Up in the air?

Post by Pele98 06/05/15, 12:37 am

Big Poppy, I noted you put up a dissertation in response to my brief, casual observation of the impending whopping.  I guess that proves my point that you were indeed, and still is, trying to justify the inevitable.

And did you just imply that the remaining Solar ECNL conference games are meaningless as you switch the focus to Houston to prepare for the Nationals?  
[NB:  "Regardless...Solar will be finishing out the season and heading to Houston to prepare for Nationals."]

Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Texas U14 Region - Second Place - Up in the air? - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas U14 Region - Second Place - Up in the air?

Post by Big Poppy 06/05/15, 09:45 am

Pele98 wrote:Big Poppy, I noted you put up a dissertation in response to my brief, casual observation of the impending whopping.  I guess that proves my point that you were indeed, and still is, trying to justify the inevitable.

And did you just imply that the remaining Solar ECNL conference games are meaningless as you switch the focus to Houston to prepare for the Nationals?  
[NB:  "Regardless...Solar will be finishing out the season and heading to Houston to prepare for Nationals."]

If your goal was to completely shut down this thread with trash talking and wild implications.....well.....you've won. Congratulations!
Big Poppy
Big Poppy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pele98 06/05/15, 11:35 am

Big Poppy faint-hearted?   I didn't see that coming.......... Embarassed Embarassed
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Pele98 08/05/15, 10:07 am

Solar ECNL vs FCD ECNL game re-scheduled to 8:30am and moved to Toyota Soccer Park instead of Denton TWU, which should give the Solar dual-rostered players a bit more time to rush to the State Semi.
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Oscar 08/05/15, 10:43 am

Not sure I am following you. The ECNL game will be played at FCD at 8:30am but the state cup semifinal is at 8:00am at Richland. The only players who would be able to make a state cup game directly after the ECNL game would be any 02 players. That is because both FCD and Solar play at 10:00am at Richland

Oscar
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Poppy 09/05/15, 12:30 pm

Pele98 wrote:Big Poppy faint-hearted?   I didn't see that coming.......... Embarassed Embarassed

Solar 3

FC Dallas 0
Big Poppy
Big Poppy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 09/05/15, 12:39 pm

Pele98 wrote:Am I reading it wrong, or may be Big Poppy is trying to justify the impending whopping by FCD!

Solar losing to FCD won't be the end of the world, after all they lost to them in Fall, but Solar losing two games in a row will be more telling and worrying about the direction of the team since Fall and heading into Nationals.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... Never poke a sleeping bear! Jack ass.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pele98 09/05/15, 03:47 pm

Big Poppy wrote:
Pele98 wrote:Big Poppy faint-hearted?   I didn't see that coming.......... Embarassed Embarassed

Solar 3

FC Dallas 0

Alright BP, congrats.   I hope this is not Man-biting-Dog kind of news.......and it must be the rain, right!   3-0?  That's impressive.   Wasn't expecting that.

But seriously, do I really have to motivate you guys every time to get a win vs FCD?
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Poppy 09/05/15, 08:41 pm

Pele98 wrote:
Big Poppy wrote:

Solar 3

FC Dallas 0

Alright BP, congrats.   I hope this is not Man-biting-Dog kind of news.......and it must be the rain, right!   3-0?  That's impressive.   Wasn't expecting that.

But seriously, do I really have to motivate you guys every time to get a win vs FCD?

Thanks for the kind words.....

FCD is a team I have always respected and tauted over the years.  Not sure why Grubb felt he needed to bring in the 00 ECNL horses today....as it made no difference in the game.  Why not stick with your current roster and bring the team that won the first game 3-2?  Saw some awesome talent sitting on FCD bench to start the second half that probably should have been rubbing shoulders and making plays...but hey....not my decision!  The lose for FCD today is even more compelling as Grubb had everything he wanted for this game:

-  Home field advantage
-  00 ECNL Studs brought down to play
-  Sequestered players from State Cup
-  Short roster/bench for Solar (three subs)

As for the direction of Solar....it's due North...keep growing and climbing...or.....maybe Northwest...the direction of Seattle! cheers  cheers  cheers
Big Poppy
Big Poppy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccermumz 10/05/15, 05:17 pm

Congrats to Solar on this win! This just knocked FCD out of the 2nd place and gave Texans an open door, of course Texans has to win or tie Feet. Rumor has it that Grubb is making a lot of parents unhappy bringing in his 02s and 00s to play on his 01 ECNL team. How are they suppose to gel as a team with a different roster week after week?
Interesting how this game changes everything...
Even Sting will knock FCD out of 3rd place if they win their next game, based on point differential. Interesting how this is all coming down to the wire!

Soccermumz
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by ShoNuf 10/05/15, 07:15 pm

Big Poppy wrote:
Pele98 wrote:
Big Poppy wrote:

Solar 3

FC Dallas 0

Thanks for the kind words.....

FCD is a team I have always respected and tauted over the years.  Not sure why Grubb felt he needed to bring in the 00 ECNL horses today....as it made no difference in the game.  Why not stick with your current roster and bring the team that won the first game 3-2?  Saw some awesome talent sitting on FCD bench to start the second half that probably should have been rubbing shoulders and making plays...but hey....not my decision!  The lose for FCD today is even more compelling as Grubb had everything he wanted for this game:

-  Home field advantage
-  00 ECNL Studs brought down to play
-  Sequestered players from State Cup
-  Short roster/bench for Solar (three subs)

As for the direction of Solar....it's due North...keep growing and climbing...or.....maybe Northwest...the direction of Seattle! cheers  cheers  cheers

Texas U14 Region - Second Place - Up in the air? - Page 2 What-you-talkin-bout-willis-quote-1
ShoNuf
ShoNuf
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ShoNuf 10/05/15, 07:19 pm

Soccermumz wrote:Congrats to Solar on this win!  This just knocked FCD out of the 2nd place and gave Texans an open door, of course Texans has to win or tie Feet.  Rumor has it that Grubb is making a lot of parents unhappy bringing in his 02s and 00s to play on his 01 ECNL team.  How are they suppose to gel as a team with a different roster week after week?  
Interesting how this game changes everything...
 Even Sting will knock FCD out of 3rd place if they win their next game, based on point differential.  Interesting how this is all coming down to the wire!  

Texas U14 Region - Second Place - Up in the air? - Page 2 Oh-no-he-didnt
ShoNuf
ShoNuf
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kickin-it 11/05/15, 12:36 am

@ Big Poppy and Soccermumz; Pretty interesting commentary. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Solar had really solid season overall. Solid team from start to finish. Need for any changes in the offseason?

FCD seemed somewhat inconsistent in that they had some good wins against higher ranked teams, but a few bad losses/ties. Had tough time against lower ranked teams.

Sting seemed to handle things against teams ranked lower than themselves but couldn't quite get over the hump against NT teams. Scores looked to be pretty close against top 2.

Texans seemed to be pretty consistent as it relates to game results. No big peaks or valley's. Handled business against lower ranked teams and had some success against top 5.

Solar again was the team to beat. They should be post/pre season #1.

Who will have the best chance to go toe to toe with them next season?

Will there be much movement in the offseason?

kickin-it
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Poppy 11/05/15, 08:23 am

This just keeps getting more interesting...........

If Texans lose to Dfeeters....then Sting will advance to Nationals based on a three way tie that is broken by Goal Differential.

Texans vs. Dfeeters will be the most impactful game of this season.

Big Poppy
Big Poppy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ringo star 11/05/15, 07:21 pm

How do you think the top four teams from the Texas division stack up against the top four teams from the other top divisions?
ringo star
ringo star
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 11/05/15, 08:31 pm

I can let you know in a month!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by tako 15/05/15, 05:07 pm

Does anyone know what the roster rules will be for the Texans-DeFeeter's game on Saturday? The ECNL roster can change from week to week, as in the past, but since this game is also the Championship of the International Cup, do both teams need to stick with the International Cup Roster (minus any guest players)?

Does anyone know how a tie would be handled? If there is a tie in regulation, Texan's take second and go on to Seattle regardless of OT/PK outcome, right? Would they even play an OT or go straight to PKs to avoid changing the rest of the ECNL game's schedules?

What an exciting finish to the regular season!

tako
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinnochio 15/05/15, 07:30 pm

tako wrote:Does anyone know what the roster rules will be for the Texans-DeFeeter's game on Saturday? The ECNL roster can change from week to week, as in the past, but since this game is also the Championship of the International Cup, do both teams need to stick with the International Cup Roster (minus any guest players)?

Does anyone know how a tie would be handled? If there is a tie in regulation,  Texan's take second and go on to Seattle regardless of OT/PK outcome, right? Would they even play an OT or go straight to PKs to avoid changing the rest of the ECNL game's schedules?

What an exciting finish to the regular season!

Trust me the Texans could care less about the Cup. Seattle is the focus.
Pinnochio
Pinnochio
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 15/05/15, 09:06 pm

When do you guys play this weekend?

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1more_dd_dad 15/05/15, 09:12 pm

I imagine both coaches have long forgotten the Intl. Cup... Feet only has on tie all year so I doubt that is a worry.
1more_dd_dad
1more_dd_dad
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Poppy 16/05/15, 11:35 am

It's done....Texans 3 Feet 1

Great game and win for Texans. Dfeeters played incredibly well for the first 20 mins and were the first to score.

Texans stay composed and put two in before half......put another in the net with about 20 left to play.

Texans move on to Nationals.....nice work!

Big Poppy
Big Poppy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinnochio 16/05/15, 12:03 pm

Big Poppy wrote:It's done....Texans 3     Feet 1

Great game and win for Texans.  Dfeeters played incredibly well for the first 20 mins and were the first to score.  

Texans stay composed and put two in before half......put another in the net with about 20 left to play.

Texans move on to Nationals.....nice work!

Solar and Texans as it should be

But give it a few months and the self proclaimed experts (Slater) will announce that once again Sting is the favorite to win the age group. The rites of summer and preseason awards.
Pinnochio
Pinnochio
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/05/15, 12:45 pm

Either your memory is abandoning you Pinnochio, or your username is very appropriate. Either way, you're as right on this as you are on everything else you post.

Anyways...Good luck to Solar. I would've rather seen FCD, Solar and Kicks represent NTX nationally this summer...would've gone a long way to changing perceptions about NTX style of play with all three teams playing the beautiful game. 2 of the 3 aint bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Grifter 16/05/15, 01:23 pm

4-3-3 wrote:Either your memory is abandoning you Pinnochio, or your username is very appropriate. Either way, you're as right on this as you are on everything else you post.

Anyways...Good luck to Solar. I would've rather seen FCD, Solar and Kicks represent NTX  nationally this summer...would've gone a long way to changing perceptions about NTX style of play with all three teams playing the beautiful game. 2 of the 3 aint bad.

You don't hide animosity very well... about as well as handling a loss in the semi finals... classy!

good job dominating state cup too... you really took it to the Texans White team.....

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/05/15, 01:38 pm

Grifter wrote:
4-3-3 wrote:Either your memory is abandoning you Pinnochio, or your username is very appropriate. Either way, you're as right on this as you are on everything else you post.

Anyways...Good luck to Solar. I would've rather seen FCD, Solar and Kicks represent NTX  nationally this summer...would've gone a long way to changing perceptions about NTX style of play with all three teams playing the beautiful game. 2 of the 3 aint bad.

You don't hide animosity very well...  about as well as handling a loss in the semi finals...  classy!

good job dominating state cup too...  you really took it to the Texans White team.....

Nothing to hide over here. Call em like I see em...always have, always will.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1more_dd_dad 16/05/15, 03:12 pm

Haven't watched Texans too much this year have you? Their style is polar opposite of what it has been in the past. I've been shocked by the transformation, very happy to have them and Solar representing Texas.

1more_dd_dad
1more_dd_dad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next