North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Texas U14 Region - Second Place - Up in the air? - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Texas U14 Region - Second Place - Up in the air?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Texas U14 Region - Second Place - Up in the air? - Page 3 Empty Re: Texas U14 Region - Second Place - Up in the air?

Post by 1more_dd_dad 16/05/15, 03:12 pm

Haven't watched Texans too much this year have you? Their style is polar opposite of what it has been in the past. I've been shocked by the transformation, very happy to have them and Solar representing Texas.

4-3-3 wrote:Either your memory is abandoning you Pinnochio, or your username is very appropriate. Either way, you're as right on this as you are on everything else you post.

Anyways...Good luck to Solar. I would've rather seen FCD, Solar and Kicks represent NTX  nationally this summer...would've gone a long way to changing perceptions about NTX style of play with all three teams playing the beautiful game. 2 of the 3 aint bad.

1more_dd_dad
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Texas U14 Region - Second Place - Up in the air? - Page 3 Empty Re: Texas U14 Region - Second Place - Up in the air?

Post by Big Poppy 16/05/15, 04:49 pm

Solar beats Lonestar 1-0
Big Poppy
Big Poppy
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/05/15, 06:20 pm

Ok, you got me, I overlooked Pinnocio's comments as I usually do.  You, however; usually bring some substance of some sort to the forum, so when you discount the accomplishments of a good team, one can only assume you are still upset by a 2-0 loss in a 25 minute half semifinal at the Intl. Cup...  I did assume that you in fact have not watched many of the Texans ECNL games due to the fact that any casual fan of the game can see they are clearly a different team.  Go ahead and flame away, I still may pick Sting as the preseason favorites...

OH....there you are 1more...interesting you're willing to vouch for DT style of play but you didn't see the need to step in and correct Pinnochio's most recent bout of brain fog? The person over the years touting Sting in the preseason has been you, not me....lol. And I let you slide the last time you made a comment about whether I have seen 01 teams play...I don't think I will let it pass a third time. I'm trying to be nice, but if you keep at it, I will be forced to lay out the facts. I'll just try to help you...the "your kid doesn't play ecnl so you havent seen these players" is a losing argument once the facts show up...find another angle.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerman75 16/05/15, 08:16 pm

The Texans earned their spot so hats off but style of play can't remotely compare to Solar/Kicks, control in the midfield and outbid the back not even close. But, they won and they deserve it so great job. Solar/Texans ECNL to nationals and Solar LH/Kicks to regionals in Little Rock, I would say NT is well represented in all areas heading into June. Good luck to all these girls who have worked hard to get there!!

soccerman75
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccermumz 16/05/15, 09:45 pm

Funny comment soccerman75. What style of play are you talking about? If I am not mistaken..Texans just beat Solar and Kicks in their last couple of games, with both teams unable to score and shutting down their midfield. :-/
Way to go Texans for making it to Nationals and for winning international cup. Best of luck to all the teams representing NTX at the national level. Bring a national championship home!!

Soccermumz
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerman75 16/05/15, 10:00 pm

You must have watched different games but like I said, a win is a win. And I also said congrats to the girls and they all deserved it. As long as north texas brings home the hardware it's all good!

soccerman75
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pele98 16/05/15, 10:25 pm

Congrats to Solar and Texans ECNL for making it to the Nationals.

May be I am lost in this ECNL/NTX soccer thing.  Where in the table do they record style of play?   So far I have seen GP, W, L, T, GF, GA, GD, Pts.    In my casual observation, teams with the most Ws also tend to have a lot of Pts.   I would guess that Ws reflect a style of play which gets you more Pts.

Kind like the way German won World Cup over Spain and Brazil, or the way Chelsea won EPL with their "boring" style of play.
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 17/05/15, 07:26 am

Yeah, I have definitely seen an increasing number of teams running a 4-5-1 system of play. This system being used by teams reminds me of the 10-1 the italians won the World Cup with. Of course, it helps to have a Bagio as your one.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/05/15, 11:47 am

Pele98 wrote:Congrats to Solar and Texans ECNL for making it to the Nationals.

May be I am lost in this ECNL/NTX soccer thing.  Where in the table do they record style of play?   So far I have seen GP, W, L, T, GF, GA, GD, Pts.    In my casual observation, teams with the most Ws also tend to have a lot of Pts.   I would guess that Ws reflect a style of play which gets you more Pts.

Kind like the way German won World Cup over Spain and Brazil, or the way Chelsea won EPL with their "boring" style of play.

There is no where in the standings that records style of play. However, if you click on the team, their roster pops up and it records goals, assists, games played ecetera. It also records yellow cards and red cards. If you look at U-14 ECNL standings and click on Texas Rush, you will find that they have 18 yellow cards in 17 games. They also have one red card. You can make some reasonable guesses about how a team with 18 yellow cards in 17 games plays. Having 18 yellows and only 1 red also reflects poorly on the officials.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinnochio 17/05/15, 03:51 pm

4-3-3 wrote:
Grifter wrote:
4-3-3 wrote:Either your memory is abandoning you Pinnochio, or your username is very appropriate. Either way, you're as right on this as you are on everything else you post.

Anyways...Good luck to Solar. I would've rather seen FCD, Solar and Kicks represent NTX  nationally this summer...would've gone a long way to changing perceptions about NTX style of play with all three teams playing the beautiful game. 2 of the 3 aint bad.

You don't hide animosity very well...  about as well as handling a loss in the semi finals...  classy!

good job dominating state cup too...  you really took it to the Texans White team.....

Nothing to hide over here. Call em like I see em...always have, always will.

Ok now I am offended. Rooting for a boys club like FCD over a proven national power on the girls side is not supporting the NTX field like I expected you to. One more is correct though with his observation about a change in style of play for Texans. Looks like the coaching change has worked out pretty good even though there were plenty of doubters when Koumars came over from Sting last year.
Pinnochio
Pinnochio
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinnochio 17/05/15, 03:53 pm

OLJW wrote:There is no where in the standings that records style of play. However, if you click on the team, their roster pops up and it records goals, assists, games played ecetera. It also records yellow cards and red cards. If you look at U-14 ECNL standings and click on Texas Rush, you will find that they have 18 yellow cards in 17 games. They also have one red card. You can make some reasonable guesses about how a team with 18 yellow cards in 17 games plays. Having 18 yellows and only 1 red also reflects poorly on the officials.

Can you imagine how many yellow cards the Kicks would have if they played in a league that actually held players accountable for fouls and overly physical play?  That is definitely a category where Kicks could claim a national record in.
Pinnochio
Pinnochio
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by thebox 18/05/15, 02:38 pm

The ECNL system has a nice way of tracking these relevant stats. Not every stat makes a player or team look like a superstar so with the good, comes the obvious as well. Accountability of play is present for all players and teams where it helps develop or promote the players/teams with their accomplishments or issues. Yes those "physical", or whatever you call them, styled players are easily identifiable after their first year of record keeping. I think its a positive for all myself.

thebox
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by thebox 18/05/15, 02:47 pm

Of course it is up to the team to enter their game stats where some don't even enter the goal or assists which is too bad actually. Albions is blank, but most of the teams maintain this fairly well.

thebox
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/05/15, 03:35 pm

You guys are reaching...I can't decide if this is comedy or desperation.

Kicks is no different than any other top team. They can play finesse, or they can play tough - depending on what they're getting from the other team and the ref.

They have some players more physical than others, as all teams do. But ALL of them are skilled. No one is kicking the ball 40 yards out of bounds. No one is incapable of taking on a player 1v1. No one is on the field solely to clog up spaces and maintain strict tactical positioning never leaving their own half of the field.

One college coach @ DIGC said he doesn't normally recruit u14, but Kicks STYLE OF PLAY was the most impressive of any team he saw at DIGC in any age group. Others coaches at national levels have also commented on their style saying it showcases their technical ability. I think THEIR assessment of Kicks style of play is probably more credible than Pino and the rest of the DT peanut gallery. LOL.

As far as posting stats. It has Pros and Cons. On the plus side, I wish USYS/LH/PL did it more because the number of goals Kicks target forward has scored is absolutely insane...no doubt she will be highly recruited, but she should already be a national story given the incredible production she has put out the last 2 years.

But on the con side, I can also see how kids could get into chasing the stats, and that might affect chemistry. A big part of what separates a really good team from a great team is unselfish play in the attacking third. You get everyone focused on goal count, and that might make it harder to nourish that willingness to combine.

On a final note, congrats to DT. I didn't mean to come off as discounting their accomplishment. No, I didn't see any difference in their style of play. I noticed some smart tactical moves to overload one side, but they looked to be playing same style DT has always played.

I hope 1more is right, and their style has progressed these days, and I do hope they represent us well at nationals. I'm not going to lie and say I hope they win. LOL. But they deserve their due credit for getting it done down the stretch. We know some of the families (it's a small soccer world at this point), and of course I wish the DDs have a great experience and an injury-free and productive trip.

As for Pino and the rest of the DT anonymous poster mob? I hope you get drunk and miss the flight home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinnochio 18/05/15, 10:23 pm

4-3-3 wrote:

As for Pino and the rest of the DT anonymous poster mob? I hope you get drunk and miss the flight home.

We might become friends after all
Pinnochio
Pinnochio
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/05/15, 11:10 am

Pinnochio wrote:
4-3-3 wrote:

We might become friends after all

If Mayday could wake up and see the light, there's hope for you too! Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3