North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

First official 03 DA game ends in a draw - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

First official 03 DA game ends in a draw

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

First official 03 DA game ends in a draw - Page 2 Empty Re: First official 03 DA game ends in a draw

Post by AtThePitch 04/09/17, 09:00 am

BigErn wrote:It's not so much hurt feelings there SoccerPunch ...

It's just that those of us with kids involved in DA are a lil tired of the ole, money grab bs which is usually spewed by those that clearly wish their kid was there too.  It's obvious (although I'm sure you'll refute it) that this was the case here, which I'd guess is why Sheets (quite rightly) made the comment he did.

Ya see in the real world Sir, we actually pay significantly less $ in club dues, and consequently our clubs bring in less $ from the DA program than teams competing in lower level leagues.

People dont hate DA, they get tired of blow hards constantly trashing anyone not in DA.. "clearly wishing their kid was there too"..

There are some of us that just decided it was not for our child or family, even though our child could clearly be there regardless of what some blow hards feel about their own kid.

DA is great, ECNL is great, JDL is great, Lake Highlands is great... different flavor for everyone depending on their taste preference.

Focus on your kid and say a prayer some of us not there now dont change our minds and let our little suzy come and take your kids spot....

AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

First official 03 DA game ends in a draw - Page 2 Empty Re: First official 03 DA game ends in a draw

Post by Zizou 04/09/17, 02:11 pm

AtThePitch wrote:

It's just that those of us with kids involved in DA are a lil tired of the ole, money grab bs which is usually spewed by those that clearly wish their kid was there too.  It's obvious (although I'm sure you'll refute it) that this was the case here, which I'd guess is why Sheets (quite rightly) made the comment he did.

Ya see in the real world Sir, we actually pay significantly less $ in club dues, and consequently our clubs bring in less $ from the DA program than teams competing in lower level leagues.

People dont hate DA, they get tired of blow hards constantly trashing anyone not in DA.. "clearly wishing their kid was there too"..

There are some of us that just decided it was not for our child or family, even though our child could clearly be there regardless of what some blow hards feel about their own kid.  

DA is great, ECNL is great, JDL is great, Lake Highlands is great... different flavor for everyone depending on their taste preference.

Focus on your kid and say a prayer some of us not there now dont change our minds and let our little suzy come and take your kids spot....

Oh come on now, most choose the level that is appropriate for their child ability level. Coming from a blow hard making threats about your little suzy taking spots is commicle. Enjoy the path you have chosen.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 04/09/17, 02:21 pm

Yes Tom, some do make a choice based on things other than simple ability.

GDA is brand new, and last anyone checked the number of women actually making it onto the National team or making a living as a pro soccer player alone and not living on Ramen noodle is a pretty low percentage.

So you are shocked that some would choose a wait and see approach? or a simple its not for their family/child based on non soccer facts of life... heaven forbid.

And as has always been the case, no one league has ever captured all of the best talent, period.  Never has and never will.  

What was the score of that USA v Costa Rica match the other night... but the DA has been around for 10 years now...

Everyone has a choice, choices are good, so respect the choice of others.  Going back to the pool and beer, better choice of my day than spitting back and forth with ole Tom W.

You DD is and has been one heck of a player over the years. You made choices for her and they paid off. Kuddos buddy. Best of luck to her at the next level.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/09/17, 07:20 pm

Who nominated you as the grand marshal of the DA pooh pooh parade!?! Did Z piss you off that much that you have to call him out by his name on here? That's uncalled for regardless of what your perceived grievances are. Sounds like you do need to get back in that pool and cool off some and sip on that sour grape wine.

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySoccerParent 04/09/17, 07:23 pm

Hang1053 wrote:
The USSDA seems to only offer this to 3 clubs in North Texas area.
Do they plan to expand out to other clubs?
Are there any politics involved with that decision to expand if any?
I think when people see that politics are involved the money follows and vice versa.

They originally had 4 clubs in DFW but sting backed out because their DOC was on the ECNL board and they are a for profit club and DA is NOT a for profit model so there you have it...
CrazySoccerParent
CrazySoccerParent
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 04/09/17, 08:59 pm

AtThePitch wrote:Yes Tom, some do make a choice based on things other than simple ability.

GDA is brand new, and last anyone checked the number of women actually making it onto the National team or making a living as a pro soccer player alone and not living on Ramen noodle is a pretty low percentage.

So you are shocked that some would choose a wait and see approach? or a simple its not for their family/child based on non soccer facts of life... heaven forbid.

And as has always been the case, no one league has ever captured all of the best talent, period.  Never has and never will.  

What was the score of that USA v Costa Rica match the other night... but the DA has been around for 10 years now...

Everyone has a choice, choices are good, so respect the choice of others.  Going back to the pool and beer, better choice of my day than spitting back and forth with ole Tom W.

You DD is and has been one heck of a player over the years.  You made choices for her and they paid off.  Kuddos buddy.  Best of luck to her at the next level.

Ahhh geeez Brian....why did you have to call Tom out? You got Stu and Mike so pissed they had to chime in. DA has ruined the board.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 05/09/17, 12:04 pm

AtThePitch wrote:

ATP --

I'd challenge you to find anyone on here trashing kids that aren't participating in DA.  And we'd all consider it very unlikely, but if you and your daughter weren't 1 of the 1,000 or so girls out at tryouts last Spring at Sting, D'Feeters, Texans, Solar or FC Dallas, due to the decision to not compete at a higher level in ECNL or DA because it's not good for your child, then good for you.  Having said that some of you guys out there wish your kid was playing in ECNL or DA doesn't mean that I/we don't respect the choice that some make, just that I/we believe that the choice in most cases wasn't made by you or you kid, but by the coaches at those tryouts making the evaluations ... Who are we kidding here?

Further, none of us with kids in DA believe that they will be playing on the USWNT (nor do we think that there is any legitimate correlation between longevity of the USSDA program and our USMNT success) ... neither do most of our kids.  They were given the opportunity and took it because they believe that this is the best platform to accomplish their goals, and want to challenge themselves to play at the highest level.  I certainly understand that there is an argument that because DA is new, it may not be the highest level, (and I know that this is where I'm gonna piss some of you right off) but that argument is coming from those that just don't know.  Those of us that are in the DA mix (DOCs, coaches, parents and players) know now what you all that have doubt will come to know shortly.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 05/09/17, 12:27 pm

Forget who parted the words of wisdom that there is top level talent in all the various leagues and all the various leagues are great for our kids, but I believe that is true. The more choices the kids have the longer they will play soccer and I think that is every parent's wish.

One thing we all know is the clock is ticking on when our kids decide when they will play their last game, and none of us parents will be properly prepared for it. I know what this is like and how if felt when my oldest DD finished her career. There is an emptiness that is so hard to describe other than it feels like a loss of a family member.

DA may or may not be the top league with the top talent; same goes to ECNL and LHGCL. Guess what, it doesn't matter. What matters is the girls have an opportunity to master their sport at the level of capability whoever they consider their maker to be gave them.

DA, ODP, ECNL, TCL, PPL, LHGCL, Rec are all choices our kids get to make. It's what makes America Great. I think people get caught up with exclusivity around designations and lose sight as to whether the kid is happy and continues her soccer career as long as she can, or gets burned out either chasing that exclusivity or being miserable in the exclusivity and quits soccer all together.

I know my youngest DD will have decisions to make in a couple years as to whether she goes the DA, ECNL, or pick a path. Personally, I think both DA and ECNL limit the girls from experiencing life outside of soccer because I have seen it first hand. It's my hope that she delays either program until she is mature enough to understand her decision and what she gives up by going down that path. As I parent, I obviously have influence into that decision, but know that if I don't advise on what's best for her vs. what I THINK is best for her, I put her at risk of giving up soccer completely which would break my heart.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blues Fan 05/09/17, 12:45 pm

soccerjack wrote:
AtThePitch wrote:Yes Tom, some do make a choice based on things other than simple ability.

You DD is and has been one heck of a player over the years.  You made choices for her and they paid off.  Kuddos buddy.  Best of luck to her at the next level.

Ahhh geeez Brian....why did you have to call Tom out?  You got Stu and Mike so pissed they had to chime in.  DA has ruined the board.

I believe that should be Mark, just in case you got your wires crossed.
Blues Fan
Blues Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 05/09/17, 01:30 pm

Blues Fan wrote:
soccerjack wrote:

Ahhh geeez Brian....why did you have to call Tom out?  You got Stu and Mike so pissed they had to chime in.  DA has ruined the board.

I believe that should be Mark, just in case you got your wires crossed.

I tried to leave Mark out of it.  He didn't want Bigern to know that he makes fun him too.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 05/09/17, 01:38 pm

Zizou wrote:
AtThePitch wrote:

Oh come on now, most choose the level that is appropriate for their child ability level. Coming from a blow hard making threats about your little suzy taking spots is commicle. Enjoy the path you have chosen.

Did you say little Suzy broke her clavicle?
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/09/17, 01:42 pm

soccerjack wrote:
Zizou wrote:
AtThePitch wrote:

No. I think he was trying to be cinnicle...

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 05/09/17, 01:47 pm

bwgophers wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
Zizou wrote:
AtThePitch wrote:

No.  I think he was trying to be cinnicle...

Or inteeleckchooal, clinnicle

bird04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05/09/17, 01:51 pm

bird04 wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
Zizou wrote:
AtThePitch wrote:

No.  I think he was trying to be cinnicle...

Or inteeleckchooal, clinnicle

Definitely not logikal...

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 05/09/17, 03:10 pm

Dijitul

bird04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jogobonito06 06/09/17, 07:54 am

Did the U13's play?
jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 06/09/17, 09:37 am

jogobonito06 wrote:Did the U13's play?

They did ...

FC Dallas 4 - 1 Solar

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/09/17, 09:57 am

Man that DA game report is impressive and detailed...
This weekend is going to be as the youngsters say "Lit" at FCD this Saturday. Looking forward to it. Especially U15.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/09/17, 09:58 am

FCD vs Texans if anyone was curious

Back to top Go down

Post by jogobonito06 06/09/17, 10:06 am

JonSneauxTargaryen wrote:FCD vs Texans if anyone was curious

Heard they won't let Texans play until they update the website. Razz
jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/09/17, 10:22 am

You're talking like they still got Clint Dempsey rostered on there lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 06/09/17, 11:08 am

JonSneauxTargaryen wrote:Man that DA game report is impressive and detailed...
This weekend is going to be as the youngsters say "Lit" at FCD this Saturday. Looking forward to it. Especially U15.

Gotcha.

U13 FC Dallas vs Solar ... Tied 1-1 at half.  FCD scored early in 2nd then 2 more towards the finish.  Both GKs were impressive.

And yes -- the U15s this weekend should be a primo match!

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Relegated 06/09/17, 11:12 am

bwgophers wrote:Is it just me, or scanning through the DA schedule/results page, does there seem to be an inordinate # of blowout results this weekend?  5-10 goal margins??? Shocked

I am curious to see the quality of the DA teams that were not ECNL last year.  For our north Texas teams, ECNL players mostly moved up to play DA.  At least at the '03 age group, the teams mostly just changed leagues - new patch!

But there are other parts of the country where some clubs stayed ECNL and non-ECNL clubs got DA.  So is the pecking order there - DA clubs that were ECNL, ECNL clubs that stayed ECNL, and then DA clubs that were not previously ECNL?

In other words, if LP were offered DA when Sting declined, would LP automatically be able to field a quality DA team just because it's DA?  Or would Sting ECNL still be stronger because of the players sticking with ECNL?

I suspect that some of those clubs that "skipped" the ECNL step are going to struggle.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/09/17, 11:29 am

BigErn wrote:
JonSneauxTargaryen wrote:Man that DA game report is impressive and detailed...

Gotcha.

U13 FC Dallas vs Solar ... Tied 1-1 at half.  FCD scored early in 2nd then 2 more towards the finish.  Both GKs were impressive.

And yes -- the U15s this weekend should be a primo match!

Naw....i was serious about the game report on the DA website
it had scoring summary and sub in sub out starters, reserves etc....

Back to top Go down

Post by jogobonito06 06/09/17, 11:32 am

JonSneauxTargaryen wrote:You're talking like they still got Clint Dempsey rostered on there lol

Deuce played before Al Gore invented the internet!
jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/09/17, 11:34 am

Relegated wrote:
bwgophers wrote:Is it just me, or scanning through the DA schedule/results page, does there seem to be an inordinate # of blowout results this weekend?  5-10 goal margins??? Shocked

I am curious to see the quality of the DA teams that were not ECNL last year.  For our north Texas teams, ECNL players mostly moved up to play DA.  At least at the '03 age group, the teams mostly just changed leagues - new patch!

But there are other parts of the country where some clubs stayed ECNL and non-ECNL clubs got DA.  So is the pecking order there - DA clubs that were ECNL, ECNL clubs that stayed ECNL, and then DA clubs that were not previously ECNL?

In other words, if LP were offered DA when Sting declined, would LP automatically be able to field a quality DA team just because it's DA?  Or would Sting ECNL still be stronger because of the players sticking with ECNL?

I suspect that some of those clubs that "skipped" the ECNL step are going to struggle.

but did the better sting players stay or did they leave and seek some of that DA exposure? Not every coach has power over the mind like GA....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next