North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

First official 03 DA game ends in a draw - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

First official 03 DA game ends in a draw

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

First official 03 DA game ends in a draw - Page 3 Empty Re: First official 03 DA game ends in a draw

Post by Guest 06/09/17, 11:34 am

Relegated wrote:
bwgophers wrote:Is it just me, or scanning through the DA schedule/results page, does there seem to be an inordinate # of blowout results this weekend?  5-10 goal margins??? Shocked

I am curious to see the quality of the DA teams that were not ECNL last year.  For our north Texas teams, ECNL players mostly moved up to play DA.  At least at the '03 age group, the teams mostly just changed leagues - new patch!

But there are other parts of the country where some clubs stayed ECNL and non-ECNL clubs got DA.  So is the pecking order there - DA clubs that were ECNL, ECNL clubs that stayed ECNL, and then DA clubs that were not previously ECNL?

In other words, if LP were offered DA when Sting declined, would LP automatically be able to field a quality DA team just because it's DA?  Or would Sting ECNL still be stronger because of the players sticking with ECNL?

I suspect that some of those clubs that "skipped" the ECNL step are going to struggle.

but did the better sting players stay or did they leave and seek some of that DA exposure? Not every coach has power over the mind like GA....

Back to top Go down

First official 03 DA game ends in a draw - Page 3 Empty Re: First official 03 DA game ends in a draw

Post by Guest 06/09/17, 01:49 pm

Relegated wrote:
bwgophers wrote:Is it just me, or scanning through the DA schedule/results page, does there seem to be an inordinate # of blowout results this weekend?  5-10 goal margins??? Shocked

I am curious to see the quality of the DA teams that were not ECNL last year.  For our north Texas teams, ECNL players mostly moved up to play DA.  At least at the '03 age group, the teams mostly just changed leagues - new patch!

But there are other parts of the country where some clubs stayed ECNL and non-ECNL clubs got DA.  So is the pecking order there - DA clubs that were ECNL, ECNL clubs that stayed ECNL, and then DA clubs that were not previously ECNL?

In other words, if LP were offered DA when Sting declined, would LP automatically be able to field a quality DA team just because it's DA?  Or would Sting ECNL still be stronger because of the players sticking with ECNL?

I suspect that some of those clubs that "skipped" the ECNL step are going to struggle.

Not trying to stir anything up. Was just surprised by the number of very lopsided results. I don't recall seeing many such lopsided results in ECNL the past couple of years, especially within the TX Conference, but but no means did I take any kind of comprehensive look at things. I have no idea if other ECNL conferences have these kind of results on a regular basis, OR if they were more common in the first couple years that ECNL existed as the league was finding it's footing.

It's also quite possible that ECNL could see a spike in lopsided matches this year as they also added something like 14 new clubs to offset some of the DA exodus. Definitely wouldn't surprise me if some of those clubs need a couple of years to find their footing as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by HomeStretch 08/09/17, 06:00 pm

No lopsided games in first ECNL season....or any other season...definitely not in Texas conference...which is the best. ECNL good. DA bad. Viva la Vola.

HomeStretch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/09/17, 11:33 pm

HomeStretch wrote:No lopsided games in first ECNL season....or any other season...definitely not in Texas conference...which is the best. ECNL good. DA bad.  Viva la Vola.

WOW! Must've touched a nerve there. Been a while since you threw the 'ol Big Blue Head Cheerleader in my face...

Go back through all of my posts... pretty sure I've NEVER said that DA was a bad thing, or that ECNL is, or will ever be > DA. I have questioned whether DA would stick at more than 2-3 clubs long term in NTX, and questioned the assertions that ECNL will become irrelevant with DA on the scene, but I've always asserted that there is a place for GDA, and a market for GDA in NTX that will attract many top level players. Looking at the Solar and FCD U17 and U19 GDA rosters, it's clear that those teams are loaded with talent, maybe even moreso than they were last year in ECNL.

I was honestly and genuinely surprised at the number and size of blowouts in DA week 1, and as I also honestly stated, I wasn't around the scene in the early ECNL days, so it's quite possible that the same thing happened. It seriously may be just par for the course in the first couple of years of a new entity. It also wouldn't surprise me in the least to see some big MoV's in D'Feeters favor over Sting Austin and CE this weekend, especially in the U17 & U19 age groups. Looks to me like D'Feeters added some significant talent to both of those squads this year.

So, relax and go find Zizou and BigE on the sidelines this weekend for a big DA group hug...

In all sincerity, you guys and your DD's are all in a very good place, and there are great things looming on the horizon for all of them, (and I'm also pretty sure you don't need me to tell you that)...

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 09/09/17, 10:58 am

My DD does not play DA her friend that does says it's not any different than ECNL at this point. Same speed, same tactics, etc. She said there was a slight difference in bench strength and given it was the 1st weekend there appeared to be a slight difference in intensity of a couple of the teams due to girls seemingly fighting for pitch time.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jogobonito06 09/09/17, 04:00 pm

18-0 in an ECNL game today.
jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/09/17, 06:00 pm

Yup. Witnessed a 7-0 as well. Looks like there may be an adjustment period for both leagues.

Back to top Go down

Post by HomeStretch 09/09/17, 09:12 pm

Relax BW...just pulling your chain on the vola stuff. On goal differential being a win for ECNL compared to any other national league...that's about like modest humility being a character win for mayweather compared to mcgregor. I'm sure there will be better arguments to debate as we watch this play out...that one just happens to be ridiculous.

HomeStretch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09/09/17, 10:38 pm

HomeStretch wrote:Relax BW...just pulling your chain on the vola stuff. On goal differential being a win for ECNL compared to any other national league...that's about like modest humility being a character win for mayweather compared to mcgregor.  I'm sure there will be better arguments to debate as we watch this play out...that one just happens to be ridiculous.

Was never trying to imply it was win for ECNL. Actually, if the lopsided results continue, both leagues lose out, as above all, both leagues want high level of play with competitive games.

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 10/09/17, 06:22 am

Lopsided results happen in every league (NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, pick one).. It's the nature of the sport. Sometimes a team just doesn't want to play that day. I am more afraid of soccer becoming like the NFL where there is no excitement than I am about a couple of lopsided games.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 10/09/17, 10:35 am

TxFutbal wrote:Lopsided results happen in every league (NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, pick one)..  It's the nature of the sport.  Sometimes a team just doesn't want to play that day.  I am more afraid of soccer becoming like the NFL where there is no excitement than I am about a couple of lopsided games.  

It doesn't get any more exciting than building from the back. The anticipation is mind numbing.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 10/09/17, 12:41 pm

Nothing better than a thru ball / long ball where a forward with good ball skills can get creative and go against a solid defender 1v1 and rip off a beautiful shot on goal... Or the defender coming up with an impossible move to knock the forward off the ball... or for the keeper to leap 50ft off her line and get a finger tip on the ball in the back corner of the net to keep the ball out of the box. That is EXCITING!

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/09/17, 02:02 pm

WOW! That is exactly what happened in our DA game on Saturday.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 10/09/17, 03:24 pm

Ohhhh jeez...it always go back to DA.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by HomeStretch 10/09/17, 03:39 pm

bwgophers wrote:
HomeStretch wrote:Relax BW...just pulling your chain on the vola stuff. On goal differential being a win for ECNL compared to any other national league...that's about like modest humility being a character win for mayweather compared to mcgregor.  I'm sure there will be better arguments to debate as we watch this play out...that one just happens to be ridiculous.

Was never trying to imply it was win for ECNL.  Actually, if the lopsided results continue, both leagues lose out, as above all, both leagues want high level of play with competitive games.

Score differential doesnt tell us much about the level or quality of play. Tight scores in a u15 arlington league just means there was competitive balance...not that the players were impressive. ECNL for most of its existence was heavy on talent in the top teams, thin in the middle and thick with perennial bottom dwellers in every conference. Yes, including texas conference, it was more hourglass shaped than inverted pyramid, so any claims about no lopsided games would have to come from people who truly weren't paying attention.

The talent will coalesce in DA in coming years. Looks to me it wasnt quite a stampede to DA...but a ton of top players already moved and more are looking to move now. USSF is encouraging their identified prospects to play DA...and some college coaches are telling their verbal commits the same. The idea top players wouldn't forego HS soccer turned out to be false.

It remains to be seen whether ecnl has as much relevance in 5 years....my hope is it doesn't. I'd love to see DA become wildly successful with significant scholarship $$ provided by USSF, so that the top youth league is also the least expensive platform whilst requiring the biggest commitment from players.

Beneath that, a well run merit based league has a ton of opportunity to be the feeder. A case can be made US Club soccer is one of (if not THE) primary culprit for commercialization of youth soccer over the last 15 years. ECNL without the bulk of the top players cannot be marketed as was pre-DA ECNL, and for the sake of the girls game I hope something else with less of a profit motive takes its place.

HomeStretch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 10/09/17, 03:58 pm

soccerjack wrote:Ohhhh jeez...it always go back to DA.

Ohhh Jack ... Could you paint yourself as any more of a perplexed, envious hater of the truth?  Gettin a lil' embarrassing --

Why the hell wouldn't it go that way?!

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 10/09/17, 04:17 pm

BigErn wrote:

Ohhh Jack ... Could you paint yourself as any more of a perplexed, envious hater of the truth?  Gettin a lil' embarrassing --

That's called sarcasm and humor ern. Sorry it perplexes you and your rather shallow existence. Now get back to chatting up those da coaches, so you can tell us more about the greatness still to come.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 10/09/17, 04:46 pm

BigErn wrote:

And yes bige....the truth scares me and I'm envious.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 10/09/17, 04:54 pm

soccerjack wrote:
BigErn wrote:

And yes bige....the truth scares me and I'm envious.

First official 03 DA game ends in a draw - Page 3 Giphy

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 10/09/17, 04:57 pm

soccerjack wrote:
BigErn wrote:

That's called sarcasm and humor ern. Sorry it perplexes you and your rather shallow focus. Now get back to chatting up those da coaches, so you can tell us more about the greatness still to come.

R ... i ... g ... h ... t ...  jack

You're posts have traditionally been so packed with wit, sarcasm, and humor ... shoulda known.  

For further entertainment this evening ... Please enlighten me on what you think my "focus" is.  

Or, even better, how bout you go on haphazardly and insubstantially berating coaches you know ***BAD WORD*** about personally or professionally ... Cuz that's lots a fun Shocked

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 10/09/17, 07:35 pm

I think you're highly focused on your annoying and shallow statements. Very good at it also I might add.

As far as calling a coach out for a well earned reputation. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySoccerParent 10/09/17, 09:02 pm

How about them cowboys!  ;-)
CrazySoccerParent
CrazySoccerParent
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 11/09/17, 02:29 pm

soccerjack wrote:I think you're highly focused on your annoying and shallow statements. Very good at it also I might add.

As far as calling a coach out for a well earned reputation. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

Jack --

While I can understand that not knowing and being told in the matter of fact tone in which I tend to write could be construed as annoying to you.  However, when you went back to edit your shallow "focus" to shallow "existence", I think we'd all agree that was a bit much.

So just curious ... What is it about any of my posts that you are mistaking as shallow?  

Regarding the beratement of coaches here ... Being a coach myself and knowing both of the two you have referred to over the past couple of weeks here, I can tell you that what you've written is irresponsible (and shallow for that matter).  While KW does need a lot of work on the temperament end of things, she wouldn't coach her kids to intentionally hurt another kid.  Regarding JK ... You weren't there and have no knowledge of the situation so best not to spew nonsense.

And unless you are going to actually discuss/argue a statement in one of my posts, let's keep the insults to a PM ... Outside of a few masochists, it's a waste of everyone's time on this forum.

K? ... Thanks Sir.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach 11/09/17, 04:23 pm

When you teach things that you know will increase the odds of hurting another player, is that not irresponsible behavior as well?
You don't have to tell the kids your intent for the results to be the same.

Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 11/09/17, 04:33 pm

Or don't discourage the behavior you are witnessing on a regular basis.

That being said, I admittedly would not know if such behavior is discouraged by a coach.  But when it becomes repetitive and your teams over time become known for that type of behavior . . .

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 11/09/17, 08:59 pm

Physical play has and always will be part of soccer. Lets not use the my daughter hit the dirt so it must be a foul excuse. Hard foul maybe. Most coaches will give the way to play tough line to them as they return to bench after the yellow.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next