North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

NEW ECNL Teams for 95 Age Bracket - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

NEW ECNL Teams for 95 Age Bracket

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

NEW ECNL Teams for 95 Age Bracket - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW ECNL Teams for 95 Age Bracket

Post by socrocks 28/07/10, 02:38 pm

Uncle Numanga wrote:
Gunners wrote:
socrocks wrote:Tho I could be wrong, I think it's already decided...no State Cup, Regionals, Nationals or Premier League (after this coming year).

There would still be value in competing in LH (which is supposedly going to be allowed...at least near term) because of the quality of competition without having to travel.

Now, how dilluted will State Cup , Regionals and Premier league be if none of these clubs can compete?

I also heard a rumor that LH...who is married to NTX...who is not at all a fan of ECNL may consider not inviting teams from clubs who don't send their top teams to LH. I was not aware of it until told today that LH is purely invitational. This could get really ugly.

I would think this is a very big bargaining chip for LH. The older teams (U15+) wouldn't be all that affected, but what happens to the numerous younger Sting/FC Dallas/Solar teams if they can't play LH?
Only the the team that is competing in ECNL would not play LHGCL. The rest will.

They just need to make it an academy league and leave it at that
In theory that's fine. But the possible scenario that I heard is that if Texans do not send their top teams to LH, then LH will not invite the rest of the Texans teams to participate in LH....and because they are an 'invitational" league, that is their prerogrative. To me it sounds like suicide for LH. But it was put to me that NTX would conceivably not sanction the formation of or the transition to any other league either.

IMO, should it come to the point that ECNL teams could not manage the LH schedule (or would not be allowed by ECNL) and had to give up LH, LH would be best suited to just let them go. They would only lose 5 teams per age group (which are easily replaceable) and their coffers would remain full. If it turns into a power struggle and all of the ECNL clubs are forbidden from bringing all of their non-ECNL teams to LH....where does that leave LH's cashflow? I'd imagine the "uninvited" teams would just move to Plano and Arlington.

socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

NEW ECNL Teams for 95 Age Bracket - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW ECNL Teams for 95 Age Bracket

Post by metro 28/07/10, 05:49 pm

US Club Soccer FAQ
Can I still register my team with USYS?
Clubs have a
right to register teams with both organizations. Many clubs will
continue to register at least some of their teams with the state
association so they may, for example, play in state cup. USSF Bylaw
603(2) states in part: "An Organization Member (other than a
Professional League) shall not discriminate against the participation of
players, teams, coaches, or clubs on the basis of that player, coach,
team, or club's membership in, or affiliation with, another
organization."

What is the 100% Rule?
The so-called 100% rule is a
USSF requirement that all players in a club or league be registered with
the appropriate USSF member. It cannot be interpreted to mean that if
some teams want to play in state cup, for example, that all the club’s
teams have to register with the state association whether they play or
not, as long as they’re registered with another USSF member. A USSF
member can only require that the players that are participating in its
programs register with them, as long as the other players are registered
with the USSF via another member.
USSF further clarified the "100% rule" at its Nov. 12, 2005 Board Meeting and unanimously adopted the new Policy 212 (see the full text of Policy 212).
metro
metro
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelseaFan 03/08/10, 09:44 am

ChelseaFan wrote:I know this forum is focused on Texas Teams...especially NTX teams...but would anyone care to make predictions for the finish of TX based teams in the ECNL? I will start with U15's.

Challenge A Top Four:
Mustang
Sting
CASL
OH Premier or Eclipse Select

D'Feeters and Challange make good efforts but fall just short of top four.

Challenge B Top Four:
Albertson Fury
SC Del Sol
FC Milwaukee
Birminham United (BUSA)

Solar and Lonestars Red get close (next four).

Thoughts on this or other age groups?

It looks like my prognostications for the 95 age group in ECNL last year had some hits and some misses. The good news is that the a couple of the misses were a direct result of TX teams doing better than I had anticipated.

I got three of the four in Challenge A with Sting, CASL, & Eclipse making the final four but Mustang was replaced by by Arsenal with Ohio Premier and Mustang filling the next two spots.

In Challenge B, both Lonestars and Solar did advance into the Challenge A...which was better than anticipated...but which also meant that my prognostications were way off. None of my top four picks made it into the finals for advancement with the other two replacement teams being San Juan FC and FSA Soccer Plus. All but the latter advanced.

Would any one care to hazard a guess as to the final standings in 2010-2011? Don't be shy.
ChelseaFan
ChelseaFan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelseaFan 03/08/10, 05:14 pm

Well...since nobody is eager to take the first bite...I will... NEW ECNL Teams for 95 Age Bracket - Page 2 Icon_lol

If you go simply rankings of the three major sites (GS, NSR, & SIC) and combine for an average...then the top eight (remember 8 will vye for the ECNL National Championship next year) look like this:

1Dallas Sting
2CASL Spartan Elite
3Scorpions
4Ohio Premier Green
5FC Virginia
6Real Colorado
7Bethesda Freedom
8Mustang Blast
...the next eight look like this...
Sereno White
Arsenal
Lonestars Red
Eclipse Select
Solar
PDA
Charlotte SA
Challenge
...and then you start getting some of the Challenge B teams (in purple) into the thick of it...
Crossfire Premier
BUSA
Concorde Fire
Carmel United
San Juan FC
FC Delco
D'Feeters
Albertson Fury

Taking the rankings is too easy and superficial. Here are my projections for top eight...
I will substitute Arsenal and PDA in for Real Colorado and Bethesda Freedom. NEW ECNL Teams for 95 Age Bracket - Page 2 Icon_pirat
ChelseaFan
ChelseaFan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Haney 03/08/10, 09:27 pm

ChelseaFan wrote:Well...since nobody is eager to take the first bite...I will... NEW ECNL Teams for 95 Age Bracket - Page 2 Icon_lol

If you go simply rankings of the three major sites (GS, NSR, & SIC) and combine for an average...then the top eight (remember 8 will vye for the ECNL National Championship next year) look like this:

1Dallas Sting
2CASL Spartan Elite
3Scorpions
4Ohio Premier Green
5FC Virginia
6Real Colorado
7Bethesda Freedom
8Mustang Blast
Sereno White
Arsenal
Lonestars Red
Eclipse Select
Solar
PDA
Charlotte SA
Challenge
...and then you start getting some of the Challenge B teams (in purple) into the thick of it...
Crossfire Premier
BUSA
Concorde Fire
Carmel United
San Juan FC
FC Delco
D'Feeters
Albertson Fury

Taking the rankings is too easy and superficial. Here are my projections for top eight...
I will substitute Arsenal and PDA in for Real Colorado and Bethesda Freedom. NEW ECNL Teams for 95 Age Bracket - Page 2 Icon_pirat
Good job Chelsea, I would add that Arsenal definately belongs in the top group to knock out either 4,5,or 7 take your pick. Also San Juan FC is pretty stout and probably deserves to be in group 1 also. I think Lonestars or Challenge would be in group 1 too. I guess it depends on who comes out swinging the most when games resume.

Mr Haney
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

http://www.maggiore.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Cnote 04/08/10, 12:32 pm

Mr Haney wrote:
ChelseaFan wrote:Well...since nobody is eager to take the first bite...I will... NEW ECNL Teams for 95 Age Bracket - Page 2 Icon_lol

1Dallas Sting
2CASL Spartan Elite
3Scorpions
4Ohio Premier Green
5FC Virginia
6Real Colorado
7Bethesda Freedom
8Mustang Blast
Sereno White
Arsenal
Lonestars Red
Eclipse Select
Solar
PDA
Charlotte SA
Challenge
Crossfire Premier
BUSA
Concorde Fire
Carmel United
San Juan FC
FC Delco
D'Feeters
Albertson Fury

Good job Chelsea, I would add that Arsenal definately belongs in the top group to knock out either 4,5,or 7 take your pick. Also San Juan FC is pretty stout and probably deserves to be in group 1 also. I think Lonestars or Challenge would be in group 1 too. I guess it depends on who comes out swinging the most when games resume.
I agree with the Arsenal selection, and I think that Eclipse Select will be consistant and do well. Lonestars and San Juan has good team speed, both need to learn to play a little better team ball but I like the chances of those two teams. Not sure Real Colorado can hang on I think the numbers just worked for them this year.

Cnote
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by brokedawg 08/08/10, 01:47 pm

Returning A group teams - promoted A teams-Guess at
Additions U16 yr.
1 Dallas Sting
2 Arsenal FC
3 CASL
4 Eclipse Select
5 Ohio Premier Eagles
6 Mustang SC
7 PDA
8 Colorado Rush
9 FC Virginia
10 Challenge SC
11 Bethesda SC
12 Charlotte Soccer Academy
13 Real Colorado
14 Concorde Fire
15 Crossfire Premier
16 Sereno SC
17 D'Feeters

18 San Juan SC
19 Lonestar SC
20 Solar
Additions
Scorpions SC
San Diego Surf
Michigan Hawks
Slammers
Carmel United
Real SoCal
20 teams I know are going to be in Group A and 6 more that I have ventured a
guess as to which teams they will be and all I can imagine is that it is going
to be one helluva year in the ECNL
brokedawg
brokedawg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelseaFan 16/08/10, 07:10 am

ChelseaFan wrote:For those who don't already know...we will also have an expanded ECNL regular season this year, too. There will be 4 regional games added to the three tournament commitment for a total of 9 regular season games. The good news is that we know that Lonestars will play all four NTX based ECNL teams as part of our regular season! The other piece of news is that the ECNL National Championship next year will be determined by a playoff of the top eight teams instead of the top four teams that decided it this year. Exciting changes if you ask me.

Challenge 95 and Lonestars Red 95G will play FC Dallas and Sting in Dallas on November 26 & 27. D'Feeters and Solar will come to Austin to play the two STX ECNL teams on February 12 & 13.
ChelseaFan
ChelseaFan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelseaFan 16/08/10, 05:27 pm

ChelseaFan wrote:There are twelve new clubs in ECNL. I would assume that until the regional play truly takes shape in 2011-2012...they will just add six to Bracket A & six teams to Bracket B this year. Having done some initial review...my guess (and it is just that) is that the breakout will look like this for 2010-2011 season:
Returning Teams - Challenge A
Sting
Arsenal
CASL
Eclipse Select
Ohio Premier
Mustang
PDA
Colorado Rush
FC Virginia
Challenge
Bethesda
Charlotte SA
Real Colorado
Concorde Fire
Crossfire Premier
Sereno SC
D'Feeters
San Juan (Promoted)
Lonestar (Promoted)
Solar (Promoted)
New Teams - Challenge A
Carmel United ('08 R1` Champ; '09 State Champ)
Michigan Hawks ('08 State Champ; #5 by NSR)
Real SoCal ('10 CA-S State Finalist; #10 by GS)
San Diego Surf (#6 by GS; #17 by NSR)
Scorpions (USYSA Finalist; R1 Champ)
Slammers (#15 by GS)

New Teams - Challenge B
DeAnza Force (#337 by GS)
FC Bucks (#107 by GS)
KCFC (#83 by GS; May supplant Carmel United in A)Utah Avalanche (#209 by GS)
Vardar (#356 by GS)
Washington Premier (#154 by GS)
Returning Teams - Challenge B
FC Stars of Mass. (Relegated)
Irvine Strikers (Relegated)
S.L.S.G. (Relegated)
SoccerPlus CT
Freestate SA
FC Delco
Albertson Fury
Atlanta Fire
BUSA
CESA Premier
Connecticutt FC
SC Del Sol
West Coast FC
FC Milwaukee
Minnesota Thunder
FC Dallas
Virginia Rush
Pleasanton Rage
Ohio Elite SA
Neusport FC

New Brackets are out on the ECNL website...also the schedule for the first event. It looks like my assessment of which of the new teams would be in A vs B was almost dead on. Got ten of twelve right with KCFC bumping Carmel from A to B.
ChelseaFan
ChelseaFan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

NEW ECNL Teams for 95 Age Bracket - Page 2 Empty Fall season doesn't get easier

Post by Whitehart 19/08/10, 09:00 am

Well we get Texans and D'feeters first weekend of PLW (in dallas again!) followed by Hurricanes the next weekend, add in extra game vs Sting for regional ECNL play, then we get our ECNL schedule (start with Scorpions and add Hawks, Slammers, PDA etc !). Sometimes you need to be careful what you ask for.... What a great fall schedule.

I guess we will be seeing a lot of each other in the coming months - Good Luck to all.
Whitehart
Whitehart
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cnote 19/08/10, 11:01 am

Whitehart wrote:Well we get Texans and D'feeters first weekend of PLW (in dallas again!) followed by Hurricanes the next weekend, add in extra game vs Sting for regional ECNL play, then we get our ECNL schedule (start with Scorpions and add Hawks, Slammers, PDA etc !). Sometimes you need to be careful what you ask for.... What a great fall schedule.

I guess we will be seeing a lot of each other in the coming months - Good Luck to all.
Wow! what a ride, it looks to be a very exciting Fall Season for you guys. Your team has been playing well. I'm sure they will have a good showing. After looking at everyone's schedule, we are all going to need our best game, what a league!

Cnote
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelseaFan 19/08/10, 05:43 pm

Whitehart wrote:Well we get Texans and D'feeters first weekend of PLW (in dallas again!) followed by Hurricanes the next weekend, add in extra game vs Sting for regional ECNL play, then we get our ECNL schedule (start with Scorpions and add Hawks, Slammers, PDA etc !). Sometimes you need to be careful what you ask for.... What a great fall schedule.

WH,
My sentiment exactly. I sent a note to our team last night lamenting that "we are not in KS anymore, Toto!" Besides playing against Sting, Solar, D'feeters, and FC Dallas in regional play...we have CASL, Eclipse Select, San Diego Surf, MI Hawks, FC Virginia, Real CO, Charlotte SA, OH Premier, & Crossfire Premier. If you take collective ranking of those teams against our own...we are looking at 5 wins and 8 losses. Time for the girls to step it up. But...no matter what...it should be fun! bounce
ChelseaFan
ChelseaFan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2