North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Teams Poised to Move Up? Place your Bets - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Teams Poised to Move Up? Place your Bets

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Teams Poised to Move Up? Place your Bets - Page 3 Empty Re: Teams Poised to Move Up? Place your Bets

Post by 02Dad 02/12/11, 11:31 am

bwgophers wrote:
passthedarnball wrote:
mcik17 wrote:
passthedarnball wrote:
02Dad wrote:
deepthoughts wrote:
passthedarnball wrote:
bobmac15 wrote:...
disclaimer for 02dad - not doggin the rankings, just calling it the way the chips fall.

I agree that "some" people already have them ranked higher, and that is why I picked them as a wild card. But I don't understand you're theory on them only moving up if they beat the top 3 teams. Don't they just have to beat anyone ranked ahead of them, to move up. Right now they are at 10. If they beat # 9 or better, they should move up. Am I wrong?

I think this is a perfect question to 02Dad. Under what conditions could Fever move up from 10th in FBR to 5th? Would it require the teams in 5th through 10th to lose to Tier 2 teams (and how low a ranking would those teams have to have, more or less)? Or is Fever in charge of their own destiny? How many games are needed to make a significant jump?

Got it.

Wow. Good luck with that one Fever Red.

This scenario should help people understand FBR better.

Likewise, I might find out that my picking Sting Searls ranked #13 was foolish, because it might be nearly just as hard for them to climb 5 as it is for Fever Red.

Fever is propped up in FBR by their SOS but they are dragged way down because of their lack of winning games...

The top 5 teams have these records:

1) 16-2-3
2) 15-1-2
3) 17-8-1
4) 12-2-1
5) 13-8-3
10) While Fever is 4-7-1.

I did some experimenting and have found if Fever plays the 7 teams below and wins every game 3-0... they will slide in to the 5th spot.

Dynamo
LP Rangel
D'Feeters
FCD Renfro
SRSA
Higg
FCD Premier

Remember that while Fever does in fact have the #1 SOS, it's only this way by a very small margin. The next 5 in SOS behind Fever is FCD Premier, Higg, SRSA, TFC Elite,Bennett All very close.

So with the SOS being almost equal between Fever and these other top teams, it comes down to the fact that teams with a significant number of W's under their belt will come out on top.

Just reread this, when you say "below them" did you actually mean teams ranked above them? Because the teams you listed are all above Fever.

I think he means literally below....as in the teams he is about to type.

Got it. Wow, good luck with that Fever Red. Tough hill to climb.

At the risk of throwing a major wrench into this discussion, one thing I haven't seen mentioned yet that will be a factor in teams moving up or down, is whether or not 02Dad plans to start culling older results from the rankings database.

If you cull older results over time, then a team that is improving with time will respond and move up the rankings more quickly, and teams staying stagnant or getting weaker over time will move down the rankings more quickly.

Not sure if 02Dad took anything like that into account when he posted his Fever Red scenario above.

I have cut out old data once previously and will likely do so again before the Spring season.

02Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Teams Poised to Move Up? Place your Bets - Page 3 Empty Re: Teams Poised to Move Up? Place your Bets

Post by berserker13 14/12/11, 09:56 am

My bets for moving up 5 places by the QT:

Solar Stark
XLR8
Sting Parker
Liverpool Dalglish
berserker13
berserker13
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by EyesWideOpen 14/12/11, 12:18 pm

02dad will there be an updated ranking before I pick my teams to move up?

Not rushing you, just curious.
EyesWideOpen
EyesWideOpen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Teams Poised to Move Up? Place your Bets - Page 3 Empty Next FBR would be the cut-off

Post by deepthoughts 14/12/11, 03:06 pm

Seems to me that the next FBR posting would bring an end to putting in your bets for the moving-up-contest, since that would give late comers an unfair advantage.

02Dad, what's your projected date for the next FBR? That would put a good deadline on the cut-off.
deepthoughts
deepthoughts
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by EyesWideOpen 14/12/11, 03:53 pm

deepthoughts wrote:Seems to me that the next FBR posting would bring an end to putting in your bets for the moving-up-contest, since that would give late comers an unfair advantage.

02Dad, what's your projected date for the next FBR? That would put a good deadline on the cut-off.

I need any advatage I can get! My bragging rights are very important to me with the very few people on here I actually know.
EyesWideOpen
EyesWideOpen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Teams Poised to Move Up? Place your Bets - Page 3 Empty 02G (and 03G) slots

Post by ParagonCMO 17/12/11, 04:13 pm

The Southlake Saints have a 2-3 slots open for the expanded 02G programs. In addition, the 03G (playing 02) want to get dedicated. They are seeking a good group of 03G athletes. The experienced 03Gs can lead an age-pure team that is needed.
Getting more serious, or just want to shed the Drama? It's not Just a Game - It's a Lifestyle"
More Info: 817-832-3913 www.saints-soccer.org
ParagonCMO
ParagonCMO
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Teams Poised to Move Up? Place your Bets - Page 3 Empty predictions.....??

Post by ParagonCMO 17/12/11, 04:25 pm

They are all good predictions (wishes) - and the Cowboys were shoe-ins for the Playoffs.... "that's why we play the game..."

Best to all on the Pitch! - positivecoachingonly
ParagonCMO
ParagonCMO
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/12/11, 06:48 pm

02 Polaris
!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by coachr 19/12/11, 07:41 pm

I've been playing Saints Row 3 and It rocks. I highly recommend it for adults that like FPS open world games.
Go Saints!
coachr
coachr
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Teams Poised to Move Up? Place your Bets - Page 3 Empty Last week to place your predictions for Spring Improvement

Post by deepthoughts 11/01/12, 04:33 pm

Last week to place your predictions. Outdoor tournaments are coming up quick so we have to cut off the picks before those games start / or if 02Dad posts a new FBR.

Here is a link to the FBR ranking that is the starting point:
Updated-FBR-Ranking-11-25-11

As a reminder, here is the contest:
deepthoughts wrote:If you have been reading the rather expansive FBR 11-25-2011 discussion, there is a lot of reasons why FBR is not that accurate but interesting as a general ranking tool to figure out the competitive neighborhood of a specific team.

So here is the question/topic for this thread: Predict the teams that will move up 5 or more ranking slots by the end of the regular PT/SDL/EAL Spring season.

The person that wins the contest will have serious bragging rights going into the pre-QT tournament season.

What are your best bets? You get 3 points for a team that makes the 5 position or more improvement, 1 point if your pick moves up 3 or 4 slots, -1 points for a team that stays the same or moves up only 1 or 2 slots, and -3 points for a pick that actually moves down from their 11-25-2011 ranking.

Lastly, to be in the contest, you must pick a minimum of 3 teams but can pick more. (modification to prevent voting only with your heart for your own DD's team).

You can't pick a team that is not in the top 50 on the 11-25 FBR.

If enough people participate, this should result in an interesting list of teams poised to get a lot better going into the last season before qualifying for Lake Highlands. It should let people think outside the box of their own team and think about teams that impressed them when they played them.

I noticed that some people only picked one team. You must pick a minimum of three to have a chance of winning.

Place your picks today!
deepthoughts
deepthoughts
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by EyesWideOpen 12/01/12, 08:06 am

Solar Jones
Dynasty
Sting Parker.... and SRSA Webb..lol
EyesWideOpen
EyesWideOpen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Balotelli Fan 12/01/12, 09:25 am

Webb will take a step back this spring and going into select. They rely to heavily on one player. Long ball is nice but not everytime. They will pull you into a physical dog fight but a good passing/possession team can win out. As the girls get older this will come to fruition.

Balotelli Fan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 12/01/12, 09:35 am

Balotelli Fan wrote:Webb will take a step back this spring and going into select. They rely to heavily on one player. Long ball is nice but not everytime. They will pull you into a physical dog fight but a good passing/possession team can win out. As the girls get older this will come to fruition.

You would be surprised what type of training this team has endured in the offseason. I believe they will do just fine and remain in the top 3.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CatDaddy 12/01/12, 09:44 am

Liverpool Dalglish
Dolphins
Cosmos Wallace

CatDaddy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by imasoccerfreak 12/01/12, 10:24 am

Wondering what will happen if one-three teams in the mid-rankings (like #20-#30ish)fall apart and those girls disperse to other teams. I'm hearing FC Dallas rumors that I will not spread because I'm not sure how reliable they are. But if they're true, then some very unexpected jumps will happen this spring. Nothing that would affect the top ten, but could change who qualifies for D3. Since I have a D2/D3 quality player, that kind of makes me nervous. Has this happened in the past?

imasoccerfreak
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/01/12, 10:26 am

jj4mel wrote:
Balotelli Fan wrote:Webb will take a step back this spring and going into select. They rely to heavily on one player. Long ball is nice but not everytime. They will pull you into a physical dog fight but a good passing/possession team can win out. As the girls get older this will come to fruition.

You would be surprised what type of training this team has endured in the offseason. I believe they will do just fine and remain in the top 3.

Endured? That doesn't sound like much fun. I know they have lost some players and are poised to lose some more. I just hope the over training doesn't burn out or injure the dedicated players that are left. Too much, is too much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Santa Claus 02 12/01/12, 10:40 am

imasoccerfreak wrote:Wondering what will happen if one-three teams in the mid-rankings (like #20-#30ish)fall apart and those girls disperse to other teams. I'm hearing FC Dallas rumors that I will not spread because I'm not sure how reliable they are. But if they're true, then some very unexpected jumps will happen this spring. Nothing that would affect the top ten, but could change who qualifies for D3. Since I have a D2/D3 quality player, that kind of makes me nervous. Has this happened in the past?

Unfortunately yes be nervous. This happens every year, and always will. Players will move, groups of players will move. Be ready! Signing time makes turns men into mice. Lol

Santa Claus 02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/01/12, 10:50 am

imasoccerfreak wrote:Wondering what will happen if one-three teams in the mid-rankings (like #20-#30ish)fall apart and those girls disperse to other teams. I'm hearing FC Dallas rumors that I will not spread because I'm not sure how reliable they are. But if they're true, then some very unexpected jumps will happen this spring. Nothing that would affect the top ten, but could change who qualifies for D3. Since I have a D2/D3 quality player, that kind of makes me nervous. Has this happened in the past?

The answer is yes...

Here's a couple of posts that contain a detailed summary of what happened to the '01's in the year leading up to QT...

https://www.txsoccer.net/t9101p120-updated-fbr-11-25-11#107090

https://www.txsoccer.net/t9101p120-updated-fbr-11-25-11#107139

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 12/01/12, 11:07 am

passthedarnball wrote:
jj4mel wrote:

Endured? That doesn't sound like much fun. I know they have lost some players and are poised to lose some more. I just hope the over training doesn't burn out or injure the dedicated players that are left. Too much, is too much.

Endured as in the continued training. Lasting, continuing and to carry on. Most teams have player movement this time of year. Nothing out of the ordinary. Anyways, I believe the topic of discussion was teams poised to move up. Why not start your own thread about teams poised to move down?

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by imasoccerfreak 14/01/12, 01:04 pm

My dd guest played for Liverpool Thompson this morning. They looked amazing against LP Rangel. They will definitely move up this spring.

imasoccerfreak
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3