North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
2010G Renegades GCL ELITE14/05/24, 06:56 pmNickicharriere
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:31 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 04:01 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:55 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:50 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:45 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:40 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:29 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Sunday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:24 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:19 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:12 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:07 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 03:02 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:56 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:51 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:46 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:41 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:35 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:30 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:25 pmsbarton12
Renegades Open Tryouts this Saturday @ Soccer Spectrum14/05/24, 02:19 pmsbarton12
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Texans coaching staff - Page 5 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205203 messages in 31989 subjects

Texans coaching staff

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Texans coaching staff - Page 5 Empty Re: Texans coaching staff

Post by DT77dad 30/12/11, 05:51 pm

#2420 wrote:
DT77dad wrote:
Guess Who wrote:
DT77dad wrote:
#2420 wrote:
melamamas wrote:
#2420 wrote:
melamamas wrote:
#2420 wrote:
melamamas wrote:2420 are you one of those jackass that thinks players can develop better with no coach?
No I am not. Are you one of those dipshits that believes that the coach is everything?

No, but I think a great coach can take an ok team and turn them into an elite team.
Well tell me who that is? I know a few teams that are looking for that kind of coach.

Those my friend are hard to find...but check out coach freddy he is doing great with his teams. Fyi he already has 3 teams I don't think he will take more teams.
Does he ever do team evaluations? Maybe he can come out to our next team practice and give our coach a few pointers! I am almost certain that my dd's coach would not mind at all.

Maybe? you never know? It never hurts to ask. What Club is she with? Wait I'll bet It's D'feeters. lol!
Wow WOW that was a low blow!! Let me ask a question while on the subject. Why leave TBG. Was that team not great. Or did you jump on the Red Devil band wagon cause your X team couldn't compete with them. Oh let me guess no college recruiting would go out to TBG practice cause its a small club. Lol you have put yourself in a bad spot now.

No low blow was just a joke note the lol! at the end.
I think you will not be lol very much as time goes on.

Yea I can see that seems like no one can take a joke on here. Suspect

DT77dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TBGsoccer 30/12/11, 05:54 pm

[quote="AtThePitch"]Cheaper deals? Unless they offered free play I doubt you were being picked apart by the big clubs and it was coming in cheaper, unless you were charging more then the big clubs.

So being at DT will keep the others from picking you apart?just me, but a good coach is worth what he charges, free or not, my DD wouldn't

Last edited by TBGsoccer on 30/12/11, 08:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
TBGsoccer
TBGsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DT77dad 30/12/11, 06:19 pm

I think everyone needs to pep up. After all this is academy soccer we are talking about it's not life or death. As long as all of our DD's have fun and love the game that's all that MATTERS. I know soccer is important to alot of people but we need not lose site of it's place in all of our lives. santa

I hope everyone has a Happy New Year and above all else a Safe New Year's Eve.
DT77dad
DT77dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guess Who 01/01/12, 01:05 pm

DT77dad wrote:I think everyone needs to pep up. After all this is academy soccer we are talking about it's not life or death. As long as all of our DD's have fun and love the game that's all that MATTERS. I know soccer is important to alot of people but we need not lose site of it's place in all of our lives. santa

everyone is ok. No harm done, but are you not the one who started all this mess? If anything you are the one that needs to chill out and look at the mess you created. Happy New years
Guess Who
Guess Who
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/01/12, 01:41 pm

Guess Who wrote:
DT77dad wrote:I think everyone needs to pep up. After all this is academy soccer we are talking about it's not life or death. As long as all of our DD's have fun and love the game that's all that MATTERS. I know soccer is important to alot of people but we need not lose site of it's place in all of our lives. santa

everyone is ok. No harm done, but are you not the one who started all this mess? If anything you are the one that needs to chill out and look at the mess you created. Happy New years

Pot, meet kettle... kettle, meet pot... both of you look black to me...

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshi Dave 05/01/12, 09:46 pm

My $.02 ...

TERMINATION:

Sacked, fired, quit, pink slipped ... we'll probably never know for sure and it probably wasn't that clear cut.

I don't think RH or his side kick got "fired" ... I think they got "replaced and made less relevant". Certainly they saw the writing on the wall.

That being said, Hassan did tell my 95 DD and her teammates in the summer of 2010 (after they finished 3rd at Nationals a few weeks before) that if RH didn't win a national championship with the 95s that he would fire Ryan the next year. They finished 4th in July of 2011 in a very diluted USYS National Championship (due to the rise of ECNL) ... which is not "1st".

At that same 2010 scrimmage Hassan also told them that "girls" soccer was ?x?#?@ (silly/pointless/worthless/something like that) and that RH treated them too softly and should treat them like boys. Rhetoric may simply have been Hassan's twisted approach to motivation (Cultural bias? Sexism? God complex? Just having a bad day? Who knows?). The reaction of most of the girls after they got out of earshot and eyeshot of the Iranian Ego was a lot of eyerolling and the word "Ass" was commonly referenced.

RH wasn't at that scrimmage, and I'm not sure what got back to RH, but certainly something changed because RH became much more unruly, crude and less positive with the girls during that year (2010-2011).

TEXAN GIRL'S DOC vs. ASST COACH AT TCU:

Those that think that taking an assistant coaching job at a fine D1 school with a decent, but not highly successful soccer program is a "step-up" from being the girls DOC of the Dallas Texans simply don't understand the compensation structures involved here. If he had moved to the head coach of a TOP D1 program then I would buy it (he did not).

What exactly do you think an ASSISTANT GIRL's SOCCER coach makes? Even if you include all those camps that naive parents pay for, it really struggles to get to 6 figures.

If RH is ever going to be successful with girl's teams ... he's going to have to understand what makes female athletes tick and how to treat them and lead girl's teams.

Last edited by Kenshi Dave on 05/01/12, 10:10 pm; edited 6 times in total
Kenshi Dave
Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Frogfan1 05/01/12, 10:04 pm

[quote="DT77dad"]I think everyone needs to pep up. After all this is academy soccer we are talking about it's not life or death. As long as all of our DD's have fun and love the game that's all that MATTERS. I know soccer is important to alot of people but we need not lose site of it's place in all of our lives.

Amen!
Frogfan1
Frogfan1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by homiethesoccerman 05/01/12, 10:08 pm

Kenshi Dave wrote:My $.02 ...

TERMINATION: Sacked, fired, quit, pink slipped ... we'll probably never know for sure and it probably wasn't that clear cut.

I don't think RH or his side kick got "fired" ... I think they got "replaced and made less relevant".

That being said, Hassan did tell my 95 DD and her teammates in the summer of 2010 (after the finished 3rd at Nationals a few weeks before) that if RH didn't win a national championship with the 95s that he would fire Ryan the next year. They finished 4th in July of 2011 in a very diluted USYS National Championship (due to the rise of ECNL) ... which is not "1st".

At that same 2010 scrimmage Hassan also told them that "girls" soccer was ?x?#?@ (silly/pointless/worthless/something like that) and that RH treated them too softly and should treat them like boys. Rhetoric may simply have been Hassan's twisted approach to motivation (Cultural bias? Sexism? God complex? Just having a bad day? Who knows?). The reaction of most of the girls after they got out of earshot and eyeshot of the Iranian Ego was a lot of eyerolling and the word "Ass" was commonly referenced.

RH wasn't at that scrimmage, and I'm not sure what got back to RH, but certainly something changed because RH became much more unruly, crude and less positive with the girls during that year (2010-2011). Those that think that taking an assistant coaching job at a fine D1 school with a decent, but not highly successful soccer program is a "step-up" from being the girls DOC of the Dallas Texans simply don't understand the compensation structures involved here. If he had moved to the head coach of a TOP D1 program then I would buy it (he did not).

What exactly do you think an ASSISTANT GIRL's SOCCER coach makes? Even if you include all those camps that naive parents pay for, it really struggles to get to 6 figures.

If RH is ever going to be successful with girl's teams ... he's going to have to understand what makes female athletes tick and how to treat them and lead girl's teams.
Assistant girls college coaches in DI make in the 6 figure range. I've never met a d.o.c that makes that.

homiethesoccerman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshi Dave 05/01/12, 10:14 pm

Uhmm ... assistants generally do not make good money in the 1000s of universities out there ... only in the very top programs.

We're talking the top clubs in America ... You know Texans, Sting Eclipse, etc ... Have you met Ryan? Have you met Kenny? They made well over 6 figures.
Kenshi Dave
Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by homiethesoccerman 05/01/12, 10:32 pm

Kenshi Dave wrote:Uhmm ... assistants generally do not make good money in the 1000s of universities out there ... only in the very top programs.

We're talking the top clubs in America ... You know Texans, Sting Eclipse, etc ... Have you met Ryan? Have you met Kenny? They made well over 6 figures.
Yes I have met them. I also know private universities pay more. RH went to TCU right?

homiethesoccerman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenshi Dave 06/01/12, 10:22 am

Wow ... the TCU asst position pays north of $150k!

That's incredible.

He must be keeping the 01s and 00s as a favor through the Spring.

My gen'l info came from a discussion in a small dad group w RH about 18 months ago at an out-of-town tourney. He told us that most assts. make $30-40k in salary and are able to double income by running camps (and that camps are a complete waste of time). Sounds like he bucked the trend.

I figured that TCU would go $80+ for a strong #2 and that RH would use it as a springboard to a top spot in a top program. Hmmm.
Kenshi Dave
Kenshi Dave
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSoccer 06/01/12, 10:47 am

A move to asst. coach is a stepping stone toward landing a head coach's job in the future. Much like TCU's new head coach Bell, a stint as an assist coach can lead to an HC position in the future. Hiring RH was a knee jerk reaction from HN after KM left for sting. Although RH may have had the opportunity to become a bigger part of the Texans, HN must have had buyers remorse and moved in another direction. It's humorous now, but Initially RH said that HN had hired him to take the Texans club over when HN retired. I guess that was just a little recruiting job that HN used to uproot his family from WTex? btw I don't think Rh was making 6 figs, and even less when he was 'promoted', so the move to A.Coach may not be such a huge dropoff.

And although the salary for an assist is average,it is usually supplemented by working camps. Either way RH has a good relationship with NTX players and has a pretty good legacy with NTX considering his national championships so he should do well as a college coach. Also -Working with Bell (who learned from one of the top programs at F.state) should help improve RH's soccer knowledge.

btw - Here's a link to some job postings if any of you guys want to try your luck as a college coach...

http://www.indeed.com/q-Assistant-Womens-Soccer-Coach-jobs.html
DrSoccer
DrSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSoccer 06/01/12, 10:52 am

This is from a 2004 survey

Texas...............................1..........180000
Cal State - L.A...................2............72912
University of Georgia............1............70015
Michigan............................1............58066
Fresno State......................1............56440
Louisiana State U................1............56160
James Madison....................1............55760
C. Michigan........................1............49689
U. of Hawaii.......................1............43260
Cleveland State Univ............1...........42500
Eastern Michigan..................1..........41211
Michigan State....................1...........40975
Oakland U...........................1..........38523
W. Michigan........................1..........36070
N. Michigan.........................1..........35735
Univ. of Central Arkansas.......2..........35365
University of Idaho................1..........35000
Montana State - Billings.........1..........34000
Auburn at Montgomery..........NAIA......33500
S. Illinois U- Edwardsville.......2...........32250
Utah State University...........1...........31300
Louisiana Tech....................1...........30500
West Chester U of PA...........1...........30000
SUNY - Potsdam..................1...........30000

another:
Major conference schools tend to pay most of their head coaches at least double or triple what they pay their full-time professors. This means that even volleyball and soccer coaches are pulling in hefty six-figure salaries at bigger schools. Of course, some smaller Division I schools pay the coaches of fringe sports significantly less

Former head mens soccer coach at North Carolina, Bolowich salary at UNC was $91052.
DrSoccer
DrSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner9 06/01/12, 11:01 am

http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/GEQ2010.pdf
Gunner9
Gunner9
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 06/01/12, 11:22 am

Did the Texans also lose Ryan Davis to Sting? I saw his name as the director of Sting West but didn't know if it was the same guy or not.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Header 19/01/12, 10:55 am

butt3r wrote:
#2420 wrote: Just wondering what you think Hassan's Style & Character is?

Texans coaching staff - Page 5 Uday-hussein-12-30-08-2

You give him too much credit

Texans coaching staff - Page 5 Carpet

Rumor is he quit the family business after realizing its much easier to part US soccer parents from their $$.

Header
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Header 19/01/12, 10:57 am

GrandTXSoccer wrote:Did the Texans also lose Ryan Davis to Sting? I saw his name as the director of Sting West but didn't know if it was the same guy or not.

It is... good coach!

Header
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5