North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Evolution 2011 Boys Classic League D1 Tryouts09/05/24, 02:21 pmCoach Stuart
EVOLUTION 15B MCGREGOR09/05/24, 02:06 pmLewis McGregor
Evo 13B McGregor, PPIL, Colleyville/Southlake/Grapevine09/05/24, 01:47 pmLewis McGregor
EVOLUTION 14G MCGREGOR/GRAPEVINE/SOUTHLAKE/COLLEYVILLE09/05/24, 01:37 pmLewis McGregor
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Impressions of  HS teams so far - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205180 messages in 31966 subjects

Impressions of HS teams so far

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Impressions of  HS teams so far - Page 2 Empty Re: Impressions of HS teams so far

Post by Gunners 18/01/12, 06:52 pm

Pitchmon wrote:
bronxdad wrote:This guy tweeted possible alignments a month ago. Remember soccer is usually different from football alignments

https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/padillapoll

All district alignments are the same for all sports

Incorrect.

Gunners
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Impressions of  HS teams so far - Page 2 Empty Re: Impressions of HS teams so far

Post by TNT 18/01/12, 09:38 pm

Gunners wrote:
Number07 wrote:We (TC) have been told we will be 5A next year... Would have preferred another year or 2 in 4A personally.

Have also heard a rumor that Fossil Ridge may move down to 4A again but I have no idea I'd this is true.

You should learn to hide kids better like some of the less scrupulous 4A schools *cough* Ryan *cough*.

please elaborate, you think the school gives false student population numbers, I would assume such would be easy to confirm.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pitchmon 18/01/12, 09:55 pm

Gunners wrote:
Pitchmon wrote:
bronxdad wrote:This guy tweeted possible alignments a month ago. Remember soccer is usually different from football alignments

Incorrect.

OK edumacte me, examples Please? I admit I don't know everything, but in our district 7-5A and surrounding it has been the same?
Pitchmon
Pitchmon
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bronxdad 19/01/12, 01:46 pm

Pitchmon wrote:
Gunners wrote:
Pitchmon wrote:

Incorrect.

OK edumacte me, examples Please? I admit I don't know everything, but in our district 7-5A and surrounding it has been the same?

http://www.uiltexas.org/alignments

look at alignments for each sport, they do differ depending upon sport. For example Argyle, Burkburnett and Gainseville are 3A schools but particapate in 4A soccer.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by locomotion 19/01/12, 08:14 pm

bronxdad wrote:
Pitchmon wrote:
Gunners wrote:
Pitchmon wrote:

Incorrect.

look at alignments for each sport, they do differ depending upon sport. For example Argyle, Burkburnett and Gainseville are 3A schools but particapate in 4A soccer.
Wow, theres allot of schools :-)

locomotion
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.sportsmobility.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 96soccermom 19/01/12, 09:35 pm

While whether you are 4A or 5A are the same per sport the districts and who you play are different. In our district 20A for soccer we play Highland Park, Pearce, The Colony etc. For all other sports we are in a different district and play 5 of the 6 Frisco High Schools.

I understand the reason it is different for soccer is that the 6th Frisco high school which is 3A for all sports plays up in soccer to 4A as no 3A soccer. Since there were 6 schools all in the same district they kept them as one district so we had to be moved with other schools.

Should be interesting to see who moves up and who moves down and what that does to districts and playoffs after this year.

96soccermom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pitchmon 20/01/12, 10:41 pm

locomotion wrote:
bronxdad wrote:
Pitchmon wrote:
Gunners wrote:
Pitchmon wrote:

Incorrect.

Wow, theres allot of schools :-)

OK so yeah I learned I guess I only know 7-5a, 6-5a etc in 5a so now I see, kinda like college as well where DBU is DII girls soccer and DI mens baseball
Pitchmon
Pitchmon
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 23/01/12, 04:15 pm

Uncle Numanga wrote:You start.

You got nothin'?
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 24/01/12, 07:56 am

How's this?

So far, it appears that Carroll and Marcus are the cream of crop. Both teams can score and not get scored on, which is really important. So far, Carroll has scored 32 goals without giving up any.

It seems that Boyd is struggling but they have too much talent to keep tying games. Same goes for Coppell and Grapevine regarding talent.

Flower Mound should get a little more recognition. Their speed makes them a threat. Probably the fastest team we played.

I would sure like to know what the heck is going on at Plano West. They have more D1 players than any other high school but really seem to be underperforming. I thought getting rid of their old coach would propel them to the top.

Many of these cities have way too many high schools. The dilution of talent makes it hard for any one to compete.

I think that the Parochial schools are always ranked too high. I would like to see them play a tougher schedule before giving them too much credit.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 24/01/12, 09:54 am

Can someone verify the Coppell vs Mansfield score?
On Coppell's website it says Coppell won 5-0....on Mansfield's website it says Mansfield won 3-1.
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/01/12, 10:13 am

socrocks wrote:Can someone verify the Coppell vs Mansfield score?
On Coppell's website it says Coppell won 5-0....on Mansfield's website it says Mansfield won 3-1.
Coppell Varsity beat Mansfield JV team 5-0.
Mansfield Varsity beat Coppell Varsity 3-1. I think that is how it happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 24/01/12, 10:44 am

So I guess Mansfield must be the real deal. Their only blemish looks to be tie to Keller Central.

But KC beat Allen 2-0, so maybe not a blemish. We (Flower Mound) play KC tonight. In the damn rain! Should be a good game.

Any other good match-ups tonight?
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 24/01/12, 10:54 am

Uncle Numanga wrote:How's this? Not bad, maybe earned a stripe.

So far, it appears that Carroll and Marcus are the cream of crop. Both teams can score and not get scored on, which is really important. So far, Carroll has scored 32 goals without giving up any. Ahhh but Carroll did give up a goal to the mighty Jags of FM.

It seems that Boyd is struggling but they have too much talent to keep tying games. Same goes for Coppell and Grapevine regarding talent.

Flower Mound should get a little more recognition. Their speed makes them a threat. Probably the fastest team we played. Tough district should sort things out soon enough.

I would sure like to know what the heck is going on at Plano West. They have more D1 players than any other high school but really seem to be underperforming. I thought getting rid of their old coach would propel them to the top. Yeah, a little inconsistent....lose to Highland Park 2-1 but beat Coppell 3-0.

Many of these cities have way too many high schools. The dilution of talent makes it hard for any one to compete. What choice do they have? The student population and growth plans, pretty much dictate that.

I think that the Parochial schools are always ranked too high. I would like to see them play a tougher schedule before giving them too much credit. I would tend to agree with this. I think there are a lot of 4A schools that probably deserve some attention.
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 24/01/12, 11:01 am

"Many of these cities have way too many high schools. The dilution of talent makes it hard for any one to compete. What choice do they have? The student population and growth plans, pretty much dictate that."

Do like Southlake, split up the high school into 2 campuses. That way you can grow and still remain a one high school town. Easy enough?

And the FM goal? Fluke

Seriously, FM gave us the toughest test we have faced, at least for 30 minutes. I am sure we will see you in the playoffs. It seems we always do.

Last edited by Uncle Numanga on 24/01/12, 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by stillyuk 24/01/12, 11:02 am

So far, it appears that Carroll and Marcus are the cream of crop. Both teams can score and not get scored on, which is really important. So far, Carroll has scored 32 goals without giving up any. Ahhh but Carroll did give up a goal to the mighty Jags of FM.

Scrimmages don't count. Wink

stillyuk
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Frogfan1 24/01/12, 11:08 am

Ursuline vs Bishop Lynch should be a good one tonight.

4A Denton Ryan when healthy is loaded!
Frogfan1
Frogfan1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by locomotion 24/01/12, 12:17 pm

Uncle Numanga wrote:"Many of these cities have way too many high schools. The dilution of talent makes it hard for any one to compete. What choice do they have? The student population and growth plans, pretty much dictate that."

Do like Southlake, split up the high school into 2 campuses. That way you can grow and still remain a one high school town. Easy enough?

And the FM goal? Fluke

Seriously, FM gave us the toughest test we have faced, at least for 30 minutes. I am sure we will see you in the playoffs. It seems we always do.
I was there. That goal was no fluke Very Happy . The FM forward blew by the defender, made a move on the keeper and scored a very nice goal.

It was returned later by Uncs own, with a fantastic, back to the goal spin move score.

That was pretty.

Yes, it was a scrimmage though...

locomotion
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

http://www.sportsmobility.net

Back to top Go down

Post by futvideo 24/01/12, 12:28 pm

Not sure what Byron Nelson High school is in but they are a force to be reckoned with.

Newman Smith played them this past weekend and they pulled the starters in the second half.

The highlights are at http://youthsoccergirls.shutterfly.com/hs along with a few other Smith games.

futvideo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 24/01/12, 12:50 pm

I've got mixed feelings about the single high school, split campus plan. For a land-locked city like Coppell (and to some degree Southlake), I can see the value...and appreciate not dividing a community.

But for high growth cities like Frisco, McKinney, Keller, Mansfield, etc....it's just not an option. And having a huge enrollment is really not fair to the rest of the schools in the class. Back in my day, for the most part, graduating classes in 4A (was no 5A) were about 600ish. For everyone but Plano....who was over 1000. Back then, Plano used to win everything. Why? B/c they had 2 schools worth of athletes to build a super team from. BTW, what is the enrollment at Allen? That place is monstrous.

Our FM high schools are already bulging and there are plans for additional campuses (9th/10th grade separate campuses). Not sure I see the advantage of that vs just adding another full 4 yr high school.
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 24/01/12, 12:53 pm

stillyuk wrote:So far, it appears that Carroll and Marcus are the cream of crop. Both teams can score and not get scored on, which is really important. So far, Carroll has scored 32 goals without giving up any. Ahhh but Carroll did give up a goal to the mighty Jags of FM.

Scrimmages don't count. Wink

Scrimmages count to the team that stands to gain the most from the result! Otherwise, you're correct....
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by u95g dad 24/01/12, 01:23 pm

socrocks wrote:So I guess Mansfield must be the real deal. Their only blemish looks to be tie to Keller Central.

But KC beat Allen 2-0, so maybe not a blemish. We (Flower Mound) play KC tonight. In the damn rain! Should be a good game.

Any other good match-ups tonight?

Keller play Marcus tonight. I hear Keller is down a few players with injuries so not sure how that game will play out.

Regarding the FM goal against SLC. Bell also scored a goal against SL. Again, that was a scrimmage. Part of the reason for the scrimmage is to see a bunch of players and try out different things. Goals scored and given up are not kept in the season stats. Heck, none of the scrimmage scores even show up on the website.

I would say it is safe to say SLC will not go all year without giving up any goals. Nine shutouts to start the year is a good start. With a trip to Georgetown later this week we will see if the shutout streak can continue. Then district starts after that and there should be some good games. Guyer may be a sleeper. I see they only lost 1-0 to Marcus. Coppell will be strong as usual and Keller has a good team. Not sure about Fossil Ridge, Central and Northwest but I am guessing they will be better than average at least.

u95g dad
u95g dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Numanga 24/01/12, 01:23 pm

locomotion wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:"Many of these cities have way too many high schools. The dilution of talent makes it hard for any one to compete. What choice do they have? The student population and growth plans, pretty much dictate that."

And the FM goal? Fluke

I was there. That goal was no fluke Very Happy . The FM forward blew by the defender, made a move on the keeper and scored a very nice goal.

It was returned later by Uncs own, with a fantastic, back to the goal spin move score.

That was pretty.

Yes, it was a scrimmage though...

That fluke comment was strictly tongue in cheek.
Uncle Numanga
Uncle Numanga
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ontheball 24/01/12, 07:13 pm

Mansfield has done well so far. I certainly, as I am sure others, did not expect us to beat Coppell. Shame on me for not being a believer in the dd's team. Their performance to date has been good. No stand outs, but they play well together and very smart! I am looking forward to our game against Boyd as that will be some great competition.
ontheball
ontheball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneStar 24/01/12, 08:15 pm

socrocks wrote:
Uncle Numanga wrote:You start.

You got nothin'?

Frisco high has played both Flower mound and Hebron. Socrocks.....sorry I did not say hi, it has been awhile since I have seen you. FM had the forwards that Hebron did not have. Hebron has a better midfield. My kid and I left at half against FM(got to love leaving soccer to go to a JV Basketball game).FM and Hebron were good teams, FM better because they have the forwards.

Unc....the greatness of 4a to 5a....my kid can play JV basketball Yes she loves soccer, but she has the option to try and play another sport because she can.
LoneStar
LoneStar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneStar 24/01/12, 08:22 pm

Ok, my kid is a freshman.....I am amazed by the parents who say that highschool soccer is a joke and a waste. Maybe I should start a new thread on this. As a parent I understand the injury issue, but playing for your school and with friends....I just don't understand the hate
LoneStar
LoneStar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 25/01/12, 10:11 am

Hi LS.....long time, no see. I though I recognized your dd at the game (but everyone was so bundled up I didn't see you...in fact, not sure that was my wife I was cuddling with). Nice goal by your dd on that free kick.

You guys have a skilled, well-disciplined team and should make some noise in your district and beyond. Best of luck!

Also, good luck to everyone heading to Georgetown this weekend. Hope the weather improves.
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next