North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Human Rankings after Pre-season Tournaments Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

Human Rankings after Pre-season Tournaments

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Human Rankings after Pre-season Tournaments Empty Human Rankings after Pre-season Tournaments

Post by BumpyPitch 06/02/12, 09:22 pm

1. SRSA - Class by themselves

Second Tier - 2 strong teams that can play 9v9 or 11v11
2. DT South-Adames - won Freedom Cup
2. Sting -Searls/Scarfone - won Winter Blast

Third Tier in a bucket (any day 4-9)

Sting Mendoza - holding on
Liverpool Dalglish - new to the Top 10
Fever - if they have enough 11v11, long distance OOT players?
Juventus - steady dropping
Cosmos - competitive team, well coached
FC Dallas Premier - getting better

10. Sting West - coming along
11. Polaris / Odyssey

BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Human Rankings after Pre-season Tournaments Empty Re: Human Rankings after Pre-season Tournaments

Post by Calm Down 06/02/12, 09:39 pm

BumpyPitch wrote:1. SRSA - Class by themselves

11. Polaris / Odyssey

What has srsa done to be "in a class by theirselfs". I do agree at this point they are the top team. Didn't they lose to a 03 team last season? Juve is # 4 they only lost 1 game and you say their steady dropping lol.

Calm Down
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Human Rankings after Pre-season Tournaments Empty Re: Human Rankings after Pre-season Tournaments

Post by BumpyPitch 06/02/12, 10:01 pm

Calm Down wrote:

11. Polaris / Odyssey

What has srsa done to be "in a class by theirselfs". I do agree at this point they are the top team. Didn't they lose to a 03 team last season? Juve is # 4 they only lost 1 game and you say their steady dropping lol.

No slight to your team, just an observation from last Fall. I have no dog in the fight, just from another team that has seen them play last Fall and see them up close a couple of weeks ago in the Xara Winter Cup against my DDs team. I saw other teams play in the Legacy Cup, just two hard facts.

They ended last Fall in one day (60 minute games), back to back to back and took the trifeca, check it out here: Click Here

After what they did to us recently and at that time the other Top 4, seems like they are just getting better. Definitely a class of their own.
BumpyPitch
BumpyPitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Calm Down 07/02/12, 08:03 am

BumpyPitch wrote:
Calm Down wrote:

11. Polaris / Odyssey

No slight to your team, just an observation from last Fall. I have no dog in the fight, just from another team that has seen them play last Fall and see them up close a couple of weeks ago in the Xara Winter Cup against my DDs team. I saw other teams play in the Legacy Cup, just two hard facts.

They ended last Fall in one day (60 minute games), back to back to back and took the trifeca, check it out here: Click Here

After what they did to us recently and at that time the other Top 4, seems like they are just getting better. Definitely a class of their own.

I read somewhere on this site that "I have no dog in this fight" means my dd plays for this team. hmmm

Calm Down
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DDx3 07/02/12, 08:18 am

1 SRSA
2 DT South
3 Sting Scarfone
4 Sting Mendoza
5 Fever Black
6 Juve Black
7 FC Dallas
8 Sting Davis
9 Liverpool Dalglish
10 Polaris Black
11 Solar Red
12 Cosmos
13 AFC Black
14 Odessey
15 Sting Goodman

DDx3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 07/02/12, 08:35 am

DDx3 wrote:1 SRSA
2 DT South
3 Sting Scarfone
4 Sting Mendoza
5 Fever Black
6 Juve Black
7 FC Dallas
8 Sting Davis
9 Liverpool Dalglish
10 Polaris Black
11 Solar Red
12 Cosmos
13 AFC Black
14 Odessey
15 Sting Goodman

I can't argue with these rankings....spot on DDx3.
Fever(Black)can go either way depending on their roster moves. I expect Juve (Black) to regain a Top 5 spot. Those two will will dominate SDL this Spring...and have some interesting head-to head match-ups.
Cosmos and LP Dalgish may climb this Spring...but as of now, I like this Top 15.
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by alexmorgansdad 07/02/12, 09:24 am

DDx3 wrote:1 SRSA
2 DT South
3 Sting Scarfone
4 Sting Mendoza
5 Fever Black
6 Juve Black
7 FC Dallas
8 Sting Davis
9 Liverpool Dalglish
10 Polaris Black
11 Solar Red
12 Cosmos
13 AFC Black
14 Odessey
15 Sting Goodman

Is this the same Liverpool team that lost to the Texans FTW in the Xara Winter Cup?

alexmorgansdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandTXSoccer 07/02/12, 09:47 am

I think so Alexmorgansdad.

From what I have seen I'd still say SRSA is the top team followed by DT South. After those two teams I'd throw the next four teams in a hat and be fine with the rankings in whatever order they were pulled out (Sting Scarfone, Sting Mendoza, Juve, and Fever Black). Then I think there is another group (Sting West Davis, FC Dallas, Polaris Black, Solar Red, and Cosmos) that will struggle to beat the teams above, will play each other close, and beat most of the teams below them fairly easily). I'd put teams like AFC Black, Odyssey, LP Daglish, and Sting Goodman in a group that has talent and can play with anyone but still need a few more pieces.

My rankings would go:
1. SRSA - Really strong team
2. DTS - Only team I've seen that can compete with SRSA at this time.
3. Sting Scarfone
4. Sting Mendoza
5. Juve
6. Fever Black
7. Sting West Davis
8. FC Dallas
9. Polaris Black
10. Solar Red
11. Cosmos
12. AFC Black
13. Odyssey
14. LP Daglish
15. Sting Goodman

All of the teams listed though have some great kids on them and it should be fun over the next year or so watching them develop. The rankings are for the adults, the kids just need to have fun and play hard.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Hootna 07/02/12, 09:55 am

Cosmos 12th. They belong up there with Sting Mendoza. Our FC Dallas East team played them both this last weekend and they seem to be about the same level. Also FC Dallas has two teams that should be listed the 03 Premier Dowell and 03G East Ledbetter. Not sure why Dowell's team is designated as Premier other than they play in the Premier league. Kind of wondered how we got a Premier team and no one decided to call any of the girls from our team to play.
Hootna
Hootna
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 07/02/12, 11:15 am

Stepping out again...

I won't rank my DD's team (Sting Mendoza). I also won't rank teams I haven't seen (Sting Goodman), can't remember (AFC Black) or don't exist (Solar Red...to my knowledge) unless there is some recent news or eye opening scores from recent tournaments (LP Dalglish or Sting Davis).

1 SRSA - In a league of their own and there isn't much to debate in my opinion. However so was Texans 98, Texans 99, SRSA 00 and SRSA 01 for a time but historically the pack eventually catches up. Then again I don't know if those previous teams out paced its age group quite like this group does. When does the catching up begin? Or does it ever?

2 DT South - Proven track record. Not dominating on the scoreboard in last weekend's tourney doesn't mean they didn't dominate on the field. I wasn't there so I don't know but their history says this team is very strong and closer to SRSA than any other 03 team of record.

3 Sting Searls/Scarfone - It's not surprising that this team is not as impressive as the previous Samba Black edition because they left some players behind. However they are still impressive and worthy of the #3 slot on my board. Will the academy DOC ensure that the in club guest player stay with this team. If so then it gives them a speed dimension that they didn't have before. If not then they are still near the top of the 03 class.

4 Juve Black - I am assuming this is the same team as the fall and their game adjusts to the big field in tournaments vs the other top teams. However there are usually 4 defenders in the back in 11v11 and 1 vs 4 rarely works out regardless of how much speed/skill that 1 has. They should roll through SDL which wouldn't tell you much about this team...unless they lost a few of those games.

5 Fever Black - I think they will be tested in SDL without the OOT's but will likely have'em for tourney's so they will be fine against top competition. They lack top end speed/skill up top which could be an achilles heal vs top competition but they bring a hard hat and a lunch pale to the field....or at least the group this weekend did.

6 Cosmos - This is good team that lives/thrives in relative anonymity ... good speed, excellent size and a consistent roster. If you sleep on them then you will get beat. They are steady in that I don't see them moving any higher over time but I don't see them dropping much lower either.

7 FC Dallas Ledbetter - Don't be misled by the name for now. They have very good speed in the back and will be difficult to score on consistently. Their midfield is quite skilled but they lack punch up top

8 Liverpool Dalglish - based solely on their score versus DT south. I've never seen this team.

9 Polaris Black - hard working bunch of kids. They are big but not overly athletic. What they lack in athletes/skill they make up for in fight.

10 FC Dallas Premier - The Premier name will eventually push this team ahead of the sister team. However I think they are behind in team play and player strength for now

11 Sting Davis - I'm not sure where this team sits in terms of numbers after the move from Texans. If they kept everyone then 11 is a little low and they would be as high as 7 on my list.

12 Odeyssey Gold - I watched more of FCD Premier than I did of Odeyssey in the few minutes that I watched of the FCDP vs
ODYG game so I'm slotting them here just because....

outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/02/12, 12:09 pm

or don't exist (Solar Red...to my knowledge)

Solar Red does (or at least did) exist. I believe they practice at the same time as SRSA and worked more with KW than DM. They are still listed on the Solar site as having KW as their coach.

I saw them play in PT Tourneys (last summer) and they would end up losing 4-0 or 5-1 against the #3-#5 teams. It is my understanding (jj might know) that they do not enter the same tourneys as SRSA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Interpreter 07/02/12, 12:19 pm

Tap_the_Brakes wrote:

Solar Red does (or at least did) exist. I believe they practice at the same time as SRSA and worked more with KW than DM. They are still listed on the Solar site as having KW as their coach.

I saw them play in PT Tourneys (last summer) and they would end up losing 4-0 or 5-1 against the #3-#5 teams. It is my understanding (jj might know) that they do not enter the same tourneys as SRSA.

If my memory serves me correctly. I think Solar Red Webb merged with Solar Chelsea 03 Canevari a few months back. Webb is no longer Coach.

Interpreter
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 07/02/12, 12:21 pm

Tap_the_Brakes wrote:

Coach Ray has taken over this team. Great coach with a bio that will make your jaw drop. SRSA and Solar Red/Chelsea will never play each other. No reason for us to play our sister team. Our teams practice side by side and will train together at times.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by RoidRage 07/02/12, 12:24 pm

jj4mel wrote:
Tap_the_Brakes wrote:

Coach Ray has taken over this team. Great coach with a bio that will make your jaw drop. SRSA and Solar Red/Chelsea will never play each other. No reason for us to play our sister team. Our teams practice side by side and will train together at times.

Never is a long time! I guess if they both make LHCL Div 1 one of the teams will have to forfiet!

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 07/02/12, 12:31 pm

RoidRage wrote:
jj4mel wrote:
Tap_the_Brakes wrote:

Never is a long time! I guess if they both make LHCL Div 1 one of the teams will have to forfiet!

Ok roidrage. I forgot to add the disclaimer. I think everyone gets my point though.

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by RoidRage 07/02/12, 01:06 pm

jj4mel wrote:
RoidRage wrote:
jj4mel wrote:
Tap_the_Brakes wrote:

Ok roidrage. I forgot to add the disclaimer. I think everyone gets my point though.

Ok, that's better! Just trying to keep everything on the up and up!

RoidRage
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/02/12, 01:44 pm

My rankings would go:
1. SRSA - Really strong team
2. DTS - Only team I've seen that can compete with SRSA at this time.
3. Sting Scarfone
4. Sting Mendoza
5. Juve
6. Fever Black
7. Sting West Davis
8. FC Dallas
9. Polaris Black
10. Solar Red
11. Cosmos
12. AFC Black
13. Odyssey
14. LP Daglish
15. Sting Goodman

I don't know much about AFC Black, but they are popping up in these rankings so I checked the recent tournament and saw they went 0-1-2. The two losses were to Juventus and Sting Davis so no shame there. They tied LP St. John so maybe you can throw LP St. John in the top 20 as well.

Also, LP Daglish '03 made it to the finals of that tournament so I would put them ahead of AFC Black as some other posters have.

Back to top Go down

Post by jj4mel 07/02/12, 02:11 pm

Anybody care to rank the LP Dalglish '04 team on the human rankings? I think they would be in the top 20. Maybe even in the 15-17 range. Look out top 10, they are coming. Possibly by Summer. What this team lacks in size, they are making it up with skill. Fun team to watch!!

jj4mel
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 07/02/12, 02:23 pm

jj4mel wrote:Anybody care to rank the LP Dalglish '04 team on the human rankings? I think they would be in the top 20. Maybe even in the 15-17 range. Look out top 10, they are coming. Possibly by Summer. What this team lacks in size, they are making it up with skill. Fun team to watch!!

Last fall...they were in the area of #10-12
Now, maybe #18
They're still a dangerous team and the best 04 team
But, they're not quite the same....maybe it's the new RASE name. Laughing

SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by goalpatrol 07/02/12, 03:24 pm

outonthelimb wrote:Stepping out again...

I won't rank my DD's team (Sting Mendoza). I also won't rank teams I haven't seen (Sting Goodman), can't remember (AFC Black) or don't exist (Solar Red...to my knowledge) unless there is some recent news or eye opening scores from recent tournaments (LP Dalglish or Sting Davis).

1 SRSA - In a league of their own and there isn't much to debate in my opinion. However so was Texans 98, Texans 99, SRSA 00 and SRSA 01 for a time but historically the pack eventually catches up. Then again I don't know if those previous teams out paced its age group quite like this group does. When does the catching up begin? Or does it ever?

2 DT South - Proven track record. Not dominating on the scoreboard in last weekend's tourney doesn't mean they didn't dominate on the field. I wasn't there so I don't know but their history says this team is very strong and closer to SRSA than any other 03 team of record.

3 Sting Searls/Scarfone - It's not surprising that this team is not as impressive as the previous Samba Black edition because they left some players behind. However they are still impressive and worthy of the #3 slot on my board. Will the academy DOC ensure that the in club guest player stay with this team. If so then it gives them a speed dimension that they didn't have before. If not then they are still near the top of the 03 class.

4 Juve Black - I am assuming this is the same team as the fall and their game adjusts to the big field in tournaments vs the other top teams. However there are usually 4 defenders in the back in 11v11 and 1 vs 4 rarely works out regardless of how much speed/skill that 1 has. They should roll through SDL which wouldn't tell you much about this team...unless they lost a few of those games.

5 Fever Black - I think they will be tested in SDL without the OOT's but will likely have'em for tourney's so they will be fine against top competition. They lack top end speed/skill up top which could be an achilles heal vs top competition but they bring a hard hat and a lunch pale to the field....or at least the group this weekend did.

6 Cosmos - This is good team that lives/thrives in relative anonymity ... good speed, excellent size and a consistent roster. If you sleep on them then you will get beat. They are steady in that I don't see them moving any higher over time but I don't see them dropping much lower either.

7 FC Dallas Ledbetter - Don't be misled by the name for now. They have very good speed in the back and will be difficult to score on consistently. Their midfield is quite skilled but they lack punch up top

8 Liverpool Dalglish - based solely on their score versus DT south. I've never seen this team.

9 Polaris Black - hard working bunch of kids. They are big but not overly athletic. What they lack in athletes/skill they make up for in fight.

10 FC Dallas Premier - The Premier name will eventually push this team ahead of the sister team. However I think they are behind in team play and player strength for now

11 Sting Davis - I'm not sure where this team sits in terms of numbers after the move from Texans. If they kept everyone then 11 is a little low and they would be as high as 7 on my list.

12 Odeyssey Gold - I watched more of FCD Premier than I did of Odeyssey in the few minutes that I watched of the FCDP vs
ODYG game so I'm slotting them here just because....

Out- agree with your observations regarding SRSA and the similarities to the other great teams before them. This team has the same special mix of difference makers, athleticism, quality players throughout the roster, and an excellent understanding on how to play team soccer. I know this going to shock this forum, but the game results do NOT matter and should not be the sole criteria of top teams. Unlike those previous teams before them that outpaced the pack, I believe this group will be better served in losing games every now and then.

In the long run, no one really cares who was the best team at U9. North Texas needs to develop individual players that one day can play for the USWNT and select teams that can compete at the highest level come 14. Again, this particular group have the individual players and team makeup to be special for a long time and if history repeats itself, Coach Solca is going to love coaching this team come Select. These girls can play. I am just blessed to have a DD that plays on the team.

BTW - Calm Down & others like him - It takes too much wasted energy and time to stir trouble where there isn't any. Try to enjoy the great times we all get to share with our girls on and off the pitch and relax... cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
goalpatrol
goalpatrol
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Calm Down 07/02/12, 05:28 pm

GP not stiring anything just giving my opinnion, this is my third dd in soccer and I've seen many great teams play. Srsa is a great team I mean no disrespect to them. Their the best team at this age level right now. In a few year other big clubs will build super teams as well that's all I'm saying, solca just does it sooner.

Calm Down
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/02/12, 06:01 pm

RASE 04 played DTS to just a 2-0 loss and LP 03 Dalglish the week before to a 1-0 defeat. They must be in top 15! They can beat most 03 teams in a one off game, except top 4 or 5. Think they have a new player or two so it'll take time to gel, watch out for them this season.

Back to top Go down

Post by SolarPower00 07/02/12, 06:16 pm

And they lost 5-4 to the Mustangs.
Not Top 15, but may be there before the season ends.
SolarPower00
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by goalpatrol 07/02/12, 06:22 pm

Calm Down wrote:GP not stiring anything just giving my opinnion, this is my third dd in soccer and I've seen many great teams play. Srsa is a great team I mean no disrespect to them. Their the best team at this age level right now. In a few year other big clubs will build super teams as well that's all I'm saying, solca just does it sooner.

I hear ya, as I have been around the game with an older BB and have two DDs in Academy now. Just seems that the times are changing for the "super-team" mind set and everyone is on their own. But if the clubs were smart they would do it sooner rather than later so the team could gel, hence the SRSA teams. There will be teams that will compete with SRSA now and then for sure, who knos who shows up any given Saturday/Sunday. Everyone is beatable on any given day.
goalpatrol
goalpatrol
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/02/12, 06:24 pm

Sure but that was in the 3rd game of a busy days soccer from what I understand. 1-2 years younger, tiredness is gonna hit them before the older kids they are playing, that's my view.they turned up against DTS and gave a great performance from what I understand. There aren't many teams that can do that in the 03 age group, South are a tough team.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next