North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 10:58 pmsocroc
Join Heath Soccer Academy (Rockwall area)29/08/24, 11:02 amsocroc
09/10 COMPETITIVE TEAM IN ROCKWALL AREA17/08/24, 02:26 amJumpman
Last call Solar 09/10 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:48 amsocroc
Last call Solar 09 Rockwall22/07/24, 10:15 amsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 08:15 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 06:35 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)15/07/24, 05:18 pmsocroc
Solar 09 NPL NTX (Rockwall)26/06/24, 10:29 amsocroc
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts (Final 1-2 spots)26/06/24, 10:20 amDallas Texans East
2008G Dallas Texans Tryouts 26/06/24, 09:52 amDallas Texans East
Solar 07 Spear DII Classic League 25/06/24, 01:42 pmsocroc
Solar 06B RL and DI Classic 25/06/24, 01:34 pmsocroc
RSC 11' GCL w/Coach Adam23/06/24, 01:15 pmacst
Oh Yeah! movin' on UP 09's23/06/24, 09:58 amacst
Open Practice 20/06/24, 10:00 amCoach Jim
BvB '06 Gold D-1 Coach Chris Obara formerly with Ayses 17/06/24, 11:18 amBiroBiro
Renegades 2016G and 2017G North Blanton16/06/24, 06:30 pmtareyncarol
FCP Dynamos 2010B - Looking For Players16/06/24, 05:02 pmfcpcoach
Solar 2014B Williams - White - Needing 2 more players09/06/24, 02:39 pmMarvelousmar
RSC ELITE CAC09/06/24, 12:10 pmacst
RSC 08Clark02/06/24, 05:43 pmacst
Sting 2011 Boys ECNL RL NTX02/06/24, 06:17 amJumpman
NTX Celtic 2011B ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 11:04 pmFSFFL
NTX Celtic 06/07G ECNL-RL-NTX Opportunity01/06/24, 10:49 pmFSFFL

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

QT Weekend 2 Scores - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15806 registered users
The newest registered user is Karly

Our users have posted a total of 205242 messages in 32019 subjects

QT Weekend 2 Scores

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

QT Weekend 2 Scores - Page 3 Empty Re: QT Weekend 2 Scores

Post by mamasoccer 06/08/12, 09:55 am

I am curious what call everyone thinks happened that cost Solar Stark the game against Renfro? What did I miss? The game I saw.. Renfro was up the entire game and was up 2-0 with Stark's only score in the entire game coming in the last minute because the defense didn't clear the ball. Probably mostly because the game was pretty much over at that point. I am not sure what call everyone is talking about that cost them the game. Renfro's team lead the entire game... and pulled away 2-0.

I feel bad for Stark's team. They are a good team and deserve to be in Lake Highlands for sure. And yes if they had tied the game they would have gone into D1 but they didn't even come close to winning that game.

Love the blame it on the refs...I think every team could say they got a bad call or two in any game over the past two weekends, I saw plenty of missed or bad calls, but I did not see the missed call in this game that would have saved Stark from the loss. Just my opinion.

mamasoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by chootit 06/08/12, 10:38 am

I totally agree with mamasoccer. I caught most of this game and saw Renfro camped out on Starks side of the field 80% of the game. Renfro just couldn't get the ball in the net. The one goal Starks had came from the Renfro girls becoming lazy at the end of the game. As for the bad call, I never saw any game changers. The officiating was very lax the whole weekend. I saw more hand balls and rugby style play that didn't get called in one weekend than I have the past two seasons. With all that being said im sure that Stark will do great in D3. They looked to have some promising talent on their team.

chootit
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Katsumoto 06/08/12, 02:12 pm

chootit wrote:I totally agree with mamasoccer. I caught most of this game and saw Renfro camped out on Starks side of the field 80% of the game. Renfro just couldn't get the ball in the net. The one goal Starks had came from the Renfro girls becoming lazy at the end of the game. As for the bad call, I never saw any game changers. The officiating was very lax the whole weekend. I saw more hand balls and rugby style play that didn't get called in one weekend than I have the past two seasons. With all that being said im sure that Stark will do great in D3. They looked to have some promising talent on their team.

Have to agree with you, Chootit. Officiating was less than acceptable both weekends. It's one thing to not want to change the outcome of the game, but it's another to leave your rule book and your glasses at home. There were times I honestly couldn't tell if they were watching the same games we were.
Katsumoto
Katsumoto
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/08/12, 04:34 pm

As a Solar Stark parent, I’d like to thank you for the many positive comments and support. While incredibly disappointing for our team, I congratulate each of the teams that did qualify, particularly those we competed against in the QT. In Week 1: FCD Blue controlled possession the majority of the game. There’s no value in bringing specific reference to questionable calls. We all knew Week 2 Bracket F was going to be the Bracket of Death for someone. Credit goes to FWFC for playing their heart out. Credit goes to LP Thompson for returning to form – an incredibly close battle. Credit goes to Andromeda, who won the death match, and will emerge as a top D3 team IMO. We know what we are capable of...we simply didn't get it done. Solar Stark will continue to stay focused on team unity and player development, perhaps with a slight chip on our shoulder pushing us harder in each training session and game. Here’s to a great year of soccer to all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/08/12, 05:24 pm

cbkenda wrote:As a Solar Stark parent, I’d like to thank you for the many positive comments and support. While incredibly disappointing for our team, I congratulate each of the teams that did qualify, particularly those we competed against in the QT. In Week 1: FCD Blue controlled possession the majority of the game. There’s no value in bringing specific reference to questionable calls. We all knew Week 2 Bracket F was going to be the Bracket of Death for someone. Credit goes to FWFC for playing their heart out. Credit goes to LP Thompson for returning to form – an incredibly close battle. Credit goes to Andromeda, who won the death match, and will emerge as a top D3 team IMO. We know what we are capable of...we simply didn't get it done. Solar Stark will continue to stay focused on team unity and player development, perhaps with a slight chip on our shoulder pushing us harder in each training session and game. Here’s to a great year of soccer to all.

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/08/12, 05:29 pm

cbkenda wrote:As a Solar Stark parent, I’d like to thank you for the many positive comments and support. While incredibly disappointing for our team, I congratulate each of the teams that did qualify, particularly those we competed against in the QT. In Week 1: FCD Blue controlled possession the majority of the game. There’s no value in bringing specific reference to questionable calls. We all knew Week 2 Bracket F was going to be the Bracket of Death for someone. Credit goes to FWFC for playing their heart out. Credit goes to LP Thompson for returning to form – an incredibly close battle. Credit goes to Andromeda, who won the death match, and will emerge as a top D3 team IMO. We know what we are capable of...we simply didn't get it done. Solar Stark will continue to stay focused on team unity and player development, perhaps with a slight chip on our shoulder pushing us harder in each training session and game. Here’s to a great year of soccer to all.

Take some solace in this fact:

In the past 2 years, of the 8 teams that finished in spots 7-10 in U11 LH D3, ZERO of those teams stayed together and re-qualified for LH D3 at U12.

Seems as if the momentum and confidence gained from winning a lot of games in PPL/APL at U11 gives the top teams in those leagues a leg up over the teams that got relatively beat up in LH D3.

Stay tight, go win a bunch of games in PPL next year, play up against LH D3 teams whenever possible in tourneys and work your way back in to D3 at U12.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherri H 06/08/12, 05:38 pm

Good luck Solar Stark, I am sure we will see you again very soon!!!!

Sherri H
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/08/12, 07:16 pm

bwgophers wrote:In the past 2 years, of the 8 teams that finished in spots 7-10 in U11 LH D3, ZERO of those teams stayed together and re-qualified for LH D3 at U12.

Seems as if the momentum and confidence gained from winning a lot of games in PPL/APL at U11 gives the top teams in those leagues a leg up over the teams that got relatively beat up in LH D3.

That is a very interesting statistic.

Is there an overview of how the D1/D2 and D3 process works looking forward into year two? I've heard that they split into 10/10/10 brackets but the pull-up and push-down process between divisions and to/from Plano is not clear.

BTW, Gophers your postings are always helpful and I appreciate that you take time to answer newbie questions like mine above. scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by pro16 06/08/12, 07:23 pm

At the end of the first full year:

1-10 are D1 for U12
11-20 are D2 ( however 19-20 relegate to D3 and take top 2 seeds there while top 2 in D3 promote up)
D3 bottom 4 go back to qualifying pool

pro16
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/08/12, 07:41 pm

ipahophead wrote:
bwgophers wrote:In the past 2 years, of the 8 teams that finished in spots 7-10 in U11 LH D3, ZERO of those teams stayed together and re-qualified for LH D3 at U12.

That is a very interesting statistic.

Is there an overview of how the D1/D2 and D3 process works looking forward into year two? I've heard that they split into 10/10/10 brackets but the pull-up and push-down process between divisions and to/from Plano is not clear.

BTW, Gophers your postings are always helpful and I appreciate that you take time to answer newbie questions like mine above. scratch

Lake Highlands has a very nice website www.girlsclassicleague.com

The answers to a lot of the questions that folks are asking can be found there. Their rules section is very well written and crystal clear on most items (although don't go looking for any insight into the QT seeding process - that's something you won't find anywhere Evil or Very Mad ).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/08/12, 04:25 pm

bwgophers wrote:The answers to a lot of the questions that folks are asking can be found there. Their rules section is very well written and crystal clear on most items

Specifically, my question is answered here:
http://www.girlsclassicleague.com/lhgclbylawsandrules/IIIQualifyingRulesLHGCLupdate.pdf

On page 3 it says, "U11 moving into U12 – (i) relegate 8 DI teams to DII; promote 2 DIII teams to DII and (ii) relegate 2 DI teams to DIII, (iii) 4 DIII teams may re-enter through the Qualification Tournament."

Page 5 also adds:
Moving Into U12:
(1) Byes will be based on total points earned throughout the entire soccer year.
(2) All Division I teams plus the 6 best Division III teams get a Bye back into the League in either Division I, II or III.
(3) The 1st through 10th place U11 Division I teams from the previous soccer year will have earned a Bye into U12 Division I. The 11th through 18th place U11 Division I teams and the 1st and 2nd place U11 Division III teams from the previous soccer year will have earned a Bye into U12 Division II. The 19th and 20th place U11 Division I teams and the 3rd through 6th place U11 Division III teams from the previous soccer year will have earned a Bye into U12 Division III.
(4) The Qualifying Tournament will identify the remaining 4 teams to play in U12 Division III in the fall.

Back on Page 3, in the following years it shifts just a bit, "U12 moving into U13 – (i) relegate 2 DI teams to DII; promote 1 DII team to DI and (ii) relegate 2 DII teams to DIII; promote 1 DIII team to DII, (iii) 4 DIII teams may re-enter through the Qualification Tournament."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3